lurking for months

Sierra_Sage

Patron
Hello,
I've been out of $cn for 20 years. I was in from 1979-1991. (both public and staff)

When I left, I did my best to block that part of my life out of my memory and move on.
Then I ran into one of Magoo's yt videos, started watching more videos from her and other critics. This lead me to the exscn board where I have been lurking for months now.

Reading the posts here has purged so much crap. I have laughed myself to tears.
At the same time it really bothers me that this cult is still up to it's old tricks of ruining lives.

Well, this is my first post.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Welcome. Feel free to tell stories. You know, time, place, form and event but feel free to leave out what you want to. :)

Paul

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Hello,
I've been out of $cn for 20 years. I was in from 1979-1991. (both public and staff)

When I left, I did my best to block that part of my life out of my memory and move on.
Then I ran into one of Magoo's yt videos, started watching more videos from her and other critics. This lead me to the exscn board where I have been lurking for months now.

At the same time it really bothers me that this cult is still up to it's old tricks of ruining lives.

Welcome Sierra. Lurking is fun, and making your first post can be surprising life changing. It's a big step.

You are very welcome.:yes:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Hello,

Welcome! :yes:

This forum has been a godsend for me in helping to determine the how and why I got sucked into the cult.

It is a source of great fun and spirited commentary with folks of like mind.

It is growing at a great rate and your participation helps to hasten the spread of general and specific public knowledge of the cult, which many of us here believe will be its ultimate demise.:thumbsup:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Hi Sierra,
It looks like you and I were in around the same time. I got in during '79 and got out in '89. Although I was only public for a very very brief part of that.

Anyways.......welcome! :happydance:

:welcome:

Gadfly

Crusader
It is growing at a great rate and your participation helps to hasten the spread of general and specific public knowledge of the cult, which many of us here believe will be its ultimate demise.:thumbsup:

Yeah, while the rate of change for interest in Scientology continues to go DOWN, I am sure that the rate of change for Scientologists and ex-Scientologists looking outside of the Church at Internet sites for the truth about Scientology looks something like THIS:

graph.jpg

Sierra_Sage, welcome to ESMB! :welcome:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello,

I had an almost identical time period. 1977 - 1993
Welcome. Thanks for posting.

GreyLensman

Yeah, while the rate of change for interest in Scientology continues to go DOWN, I am sure that the rate of change for Scientologists and ex-Scientologists looking outside of the Church at Internet sites for the truth about Scientology looks something like THIS:

graph.jpg

I think the true effect is - approached by Scientologist. Asked question. Look up "scientology" on your smart phone.

And you get the feedback list
"scientology
scientology cult
scientology south park
scientology aliens
etc

In the listing under "scientology" you get the Church site, then wikipedia, then clambake, beliefnet.com, a news reference on a former top official sued (Debbie Cook), then the Whatisscientology.com site, then Scientology Lies

and you walk away.

If this doesn't happen at the meeting, it happens later at a laptop or desktop.

The search for "scientology" should be driven in part by the Church reach out - each contact creates a search which dead-agents the Church bullshit.

When I first got in I was lying to myself/sure that at some point this fringe church would become mainstream. I put up with the blank stares when I said I was a Scientologist, and the occasional hostility, because I KNEW (knowing how to know...) that some day this would be the Church, and the world would be free of insanity and crime.

Instead the Church is thought even less well of, the hostility has gone to ridicule and laughter, and the greatest blow Scientology could make to ending insanity and crime would be to cease operations.

Welcome to the outside.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

graph.jpg

Except that we can put numbers on our graph and still be telling the truth, unlike the Co$.

Welcome Sierra_Sage!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
:welcome: Sierra Sage!
Since you've been lurking for a while then you know how much some of us (most?) enjoy stories, off to pop some poppingcorn!

:drama:

:)

Hello,

Congratulations and Welcome. You're off to a fine start.

Mark A. Baker

Veda

Sponsor
Hello,

Greetings Sierra_Sage,

I'd give you the standard gift basket of links, but you've probably seen them already, since you've been lurking.

Welcome! :)

Arthur Dent

Welcome!!
Glad you've been reading so much. Quite an education, no?
One you probably never imagined you'd get!!
Glad you're here!

Mystic

Crusader
Hello,

Great first post! Welcome to ESMB.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Welcome Sierra Sage. :happydance: Dip your toes in the water and tell us what you feel comfortable with. And do protect your privacy. I'm primarily a lurker, with an occasional posting when something fires me up. Again, welcome. You're amongst friends here.

Osiris

Patron with Honors
Welcome Sierra_Sage :clap::clap:

I too was out of Scientology for 20 years.... before I found ESMB

Do tell us your story.... :happydance:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Hello,

Cheers, glad you're here.

Here's the vid I did with Tory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xbxfn8odnI