lurking for months

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome, Sierra! 20 years is a good long time to be able to take the long view. Interesting, isn't it, how an experience like Scientology stays with you such a long time. I was about 25 years out when I met ESMB and now it's my daily visiting place.

G

Gottabrain

Hello,
I've been out of $cn for 20 years. I was in from 1979-1991. (both public and staff)

When I left, I did my best to block that part of my life out of my memory and move on.
Then I ran into one of Magoo's yt videos, started watching more videos from her and other critics. This lead me to the exscn board where I have been lurking for months now.

Reading the posts here has purged so much crap. I have laughed myself to tears.
At the same time it really bothers me that this cult is still up to it's old tricks of ruining lives.

Well, this is my first post.

Hi Sierra!

WELCOME to ESMB!

welcome.jpg

Blocking out Scn and just doing my life worked for me for a while, but not completely. It eventually caught up with me, but took two decades before I was willing to even think about Scn again. That's when I came to this Board, just like you. I was also in at the same time period as you, at AOLA.

Have fun, make friends, enjoy yourself. I look forward to reading your story and your views on many subjects.

Congrats on finding us and send my love to Magoo! She's a darlin'. :yes:

shadow

Patron with Honors
Welcome Sierra,
Maybe you will be able to link with old friends here, or at least find out about people you knew back then.
Also, we like stories...:drama:

guanoloco

As-Wased
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Sierra_Sage!

I bet in your time in you saw/witnessed something stupid and I'd love to hear of it over on the 100 Stupidest thread.

Cheers!

guano

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Sierra! Your OP took me back to when I first came to this board. I remember laughing so hard I couldn't stop, and crying the same way. This board was able to put perspective on the experience for me and was the thing that helped me heal. I'm glad that you "de-lurked". :) Interacting here gave me the opportunity to get to know some great people, and to evaluate my viewpoints and experiences. I will tell you that after a year here, I was pretty much "over" Scientology.

Now I'm here because these are great people. I've said over and over again that I think Scientology attracts great people, people with vision and heart that want to make the world better. And, I think that the best of those eventually see it for what it is, get out, and come here :) Glad you joined us!

Sierra_Sage

Patron
Welcome, Sierra! 20 years is a good long time to be able to take the long view. Interesting, isn't it, how an experience like Scientology stays with you such a long time. I was about 25 years out when I met ESMB and now it's my daily visiting place.

I think that being in $ci for a long time would stay with anyone for years. You can go on with your life, but you are never really "over it" until you turn around and start to deconstruct the mind-fuck. I am just starting to see how I was sucked in and duped.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
don't pay any attention to him. he's crazy

He might be crazy (who isn't), but I've learned to listen when he talks, and not just because I was remonstrated by RogerB. Mystic knows a great deal, and has had a very interesting life. I might not agree with a position he might have, but that doesn't mean I'm not listening to him when he explains why he has it.

Osiris

Patron with Honors
I think that being in $ci for a long time would stay with anyone for years. You can go on with your life, but you are never really "over it" until you turn around and start to deconstruct the mind-fuck. I am just starting to see how I was sucked in and duped.

Exactly right Sierra,

You have hit the nail on the head,

because of the Fear & threats that Scientology have instilled in you, if you Speak a bad word or anything else against Scientology,

you (& all of us) were paralysised, to know or seek the truth

It wasn't until I found ESMB that I realized there were many thousands of other people going though the same thing,

It is good to see the truth of How & what was done to Us, & Read the thoughts & experiences of other Ex Scientologists,

To be able to have free speech of the things we thought were wrong, but could not say while in Scientology, or, else be subject to an ethics handling

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hello,
I've been out of $cn for 20 years. I was in from 1979-1991. (both public and staff)

When I left, I did my best to block that part of my life out of my memory and move on.
Then I ran into one of Magoo's yt videos, started watching more videos from her and other critics. This lead me to the exscn board where I have been lurking for months now.

At the same time it really bothers me that this cult is still up to it's old tricks of ruining lives.

Well, I'm glad you've de-lurked, Sierra_Sage. I was in about the same time frame as you, from 1975 to '91. Too damn long! But an interesting time frame to see the changes and the culty control mechanisms come in and how the CoS took on the attributes of LRH, good and bad, and how it evolved into one of the nastiest, most destructive cults on the planet.

:welcome: Sierra! Your OP took me back to when I first came to this board. I remember laughing so hard I couldn't stop, and crying the same way. This board was able to put perspective on the experience for me and was the thing that helped me heal. I'm glad that you "de-lurked". :) Interacting here gave me the opportunity to get to know some great people, and to evaluate my viewpoints and experiences. I will tell you that after a year here, I was pretty much "over" Scientology.
I think that this board brings us all together to have those conversations that were successfully suppressed in Scn. Observing an outpoint or questioning some lunacy was being "disaffected" and you'd just keep your mouth shut rather than be at the wrong end of that ethics cycle.
Now I'm here because these are great people. I've said over and over again that I think Scientology attracts great people, people with vision and heart that want to make the world better. And, I think that the best of those eventually see it for what it is, get out, and come here :) Glad you joined us!
Very true. :thumbsup:

Hello,

It is still up to its old tricks and still ruining lives , I agree , but here we can support each other and try not to let it get us down ! As I say ' I am out but NOT down ' and recently some weird and strange happenings afoot but I try to stay positive . Welcome and I hope you find a lot of support as I have done .

Sierra_Sage

Patron
Thank you to everyone who replied to this post. I am starting to post on other threads.

If the exscn message board helps people from getting ensnared in an evil mind control cult, than all of this is worthwhile.

Peace.