Mail Online: The Karen de la Carriere Scientology Story

JustSheila

Crusader
Sorry, the television is in another room than my computer.

It was very short, they only gave Karen less than ten minutes.

At the very end, Karen said, "Can I just say one more thing?"

She said, "I just want to let Nick Xenophon know that he is a hero in America when it comes to Scientology."

Answer: "Yes, Nick Xenophon is a fine politician and we will pass it on."

(this is by memory, so may not be 100% word for word)

I'll type more details in a minute. (I don't type as fast as I used to since the hand injury)

JustSheila

Crusader
I missed the first 40 seconds or so. :bigcry:

Karen was talking about being forced into punishment and the cruelty of her treatment.

She was asked if she had broken rules or what she had done?

She said all she had done was to say something. She repeated that. She said, "I didn't rob a bank, I didn't steal or hurt anyone (or something like that), all I did was SAY something."

Then the interviewer mentioned that there were some big name celebrities in Scientology, like Tom Cruise, and did she think they know about the way they were treated?

Karen said, "Of course they know. It's all over the Internet. But celebrities get a different sort of Scientology. They are protected, they are coddled. If anyone says anything against them, that person gets in big trouble. As long as they are paying the money and promoting Scientology, the Church of Scientology protects them."

She was asked how is Scientology able to protect them like this? How do they get away with it?

She said, "When you have a wall of expert criminal lawyers like the Church does, and a pile of money, they can get away with murder. Reference OJ Simpson. "

Karen was asked how her life has been since she left and if she was at peace. She said she's been doing fantastic, that she is an international art dealer and very happy to be out and yes, she is at peace.

That was pretty much it. I wish I heard the first 45 seconds, though, because I don't know how much she was able to describe of her treatment. She didn't have that much time, though, so I don't think she was able to go into much detail. Please note that the quotes are as close as I can write them from memory and not completely perfect.

She was treated objectively, respectfully and fairly in the interview. She looked great, though maybe a wee bit nervous. The nervousness just made it more real, though.

THANKS, KAREN!!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Everyone I know who doesn't work during the day watches that show and discusses it. It will have a huge impact. :)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
KarenChannel9.jpg

Thank you Shelia. Thanks a bunch
Panda Termint will try to upload the link to the show

JustSheila

Crusader
No, thank YOU, Karen.

God love ya, you were terrific!

You also came across appropriately conservative for that show. They have an older, more conservative audience, for the most part. When things are too shocking, the viewers will go "tch tch" and not side with the person. You were perfect. You were the normal person, the regular person, standing up against a weird, abusive cult that has far too many attorneys.

That any church would even HAVE criminal attorneys - that fact all by itself - will stick with the audience as they remember that the Church of Scientology has so many attorneys because there are so many lawsuits and so many crimes to hide.

They will also be searching for information and stories of others on the Internet. That was crystal clear. They'll remember.

You've done us a huge favour, Karen. You're one of the kindest, yet toughest and most down-to-earth activist I've ever known. You always have my support and love. I am honoured to have you as a friend. :biglove:

Sheila

Jump

Operating teatime

That was great Karen, you really connected. And you look great :D

Thanks, it must have taken a lot of work to get that interview up on the air, and on such a prime spot!

KarenDeLa_zps491a6b43.jpg

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
I keep reading Scientology queen and am getting the Billy Ocean song Caribbean Queen running through my head.:no:

p.s. Nice call out to Nick Xenophon, Karen

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

That was great Karen, you really connected. And you look great :D

Thanks, it must have taken a lot of work to get that interview up on the air, and on such a prime spot!

KarenDeLa_zps491a6b43.jpg

Thanks Jump.
Actually it was no work at all. Effortless and seamless.
They called the day before and boom it happened.

Now I am deluged with media requests. Deluged.

JustSheila

Crusader
Thanks Jump.

:thumbsup: That's AWESOME, Karen!

I hope you are able to take advantage of the media deluge and farm out a few to others you recommend to the media sources where you don't have the time to do it.

This, combined with Bryan Seymour's show about COS using the ANZAC symbols to do its own fundraising and the Narconon lawsuits, has really set the stage for an international media coupe. Could this be it? Will this finally get enough corporate attention that the US government takes a hard look?

Nike, Winston Churchill and major US football team logos, quotes, symbols and pix all illegally used to raise funds for the CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY?

Go, Karen, GO! And contact any one you need for help in any way for interviews, administration, etc. We are all here for you.

:biglove:

Sheila

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thanks Jump.

Excellent interview Karen!
brief, but very much enlightening and easy to grasp for public!

The question about :: Why didn't you left the cult and such abuse
is often difficult to understand - especially abuses in the S\O

You provided a good picture of it!

Thank you!

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would like to give credit to ESMB, all posters, Emma, Cherished (where are you Cherished?) without whom I would not have known about the exceptionally good work and efforts of Senator Xenophon.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology Inc. is a vampiric organization that sucks the money out of people.

If the person doesn't have any money then they have to join staff/Sea Org to work as "volunteers" (known as "slaves" in the real world).

If they have no money and won't work as slaves then they are of no use.

That is why this organization has billions of dollars in reserve but only a small number of members.

It is all about the money yet they call themselves a church.

I can't see this scam continuing much longer thanks to the courage of Karen and the many others who speak out.:clap:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
Brava!!! :heartflower:

That was the perfect interview. Short but spellbinding. The film clips in the background were well timed and edited to enhance what you were saying. I cried when you thanked Xenophon. What a way to end it! Brilliant. I can't wait to see what happens next.