What's new

Make us cringe (using only five words or less) :)

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
When Hubbard arrived at Saint Hill he found a couple of greenhouses and did some research on communicating with plants. He produced tomato plants which grew 18 feet tall and cucumbers the size of watermelons. I have seen photographs of the tomato plants. The picture of Ron with the e-meter and the tomato seems to be an iconic image of his mockers but it was in fact research which produced extraordinary results.
I had a girlfriend with long legs and cucumbers like that.

Nice tomatoe too.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
When Hubbard arrived at Saint Hill he found a couple of greenhouses and did some research on communicating with plants. He produced tomato plants which grew 18 feet tall and cucumbers the size of watermelons. I have seen photographs of the tomato plants. The picture of Ron with the e-meter and the tomato seems to be an iconic image of his mockers but it was in fact research which produced extraordinary results.
Agreed! It did produce extraordinary results. . .

It was absolutely extraordinary that Dr. Hubbard was not indicted and imprisoned for Charlatanism, Conspiracy (theft, espionage, spying, et al), Tax Evasion, Fraud, Terrorism, criminal RICO violations, and Debauched Money Rackets.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
You could buy seeds treated with radiation back in the 60's. It was the rage for a short time.
That may well have been the case; radium toothpaste was all the rage as well for a while. I was disputing the fact that the nuclear physicist Dr. Hubbard had the facilities to irradiate his tomatoes there at Saint Hill Manor. Of course I could be mistaken.

Edit: Perhaps he just waved his luminous wristwatch in their general direction.

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Owsley dosed me backstage at a Dead show. It was good. I didn't see any tomatoes, though.:dizzy:
Wow, straight from the source eh? Cosmic! :biggrin:

Actually, the first trip was the one that did the trick for me (opened the doors so to speak) and it wasn't really necessary to do it again although I did many times. By the time the seventies rolled around the quality had deteriorated over here anyway IMO.

Last edited:

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, straight from the source eh? Cosmic! :biggrin:

Actually, the first trip was the one that did the trick for me (opened the doors so to speak) and it wasn't really necessary to repeat the dose although I did many times. By the time the seventies rolled around the quality had deteriorated over here anyway IMO.

I didn't start doing acid until the summer of '70, so I can't speak to 1965, but it sure was explosive. I dosed for 5 years before scn and it always seemed like acid to me. I began again in 1985, 2 years after I left. Sure seemed the same to me if you took more than 1 hit. Hoffman's bicycle ride was on 250 mcg and that was considered the standard dose (more or less) until the '80s when the standard dose became 100 mcg. It made the math easier, but you needed 3 doses to equal 1 from back in the day. Most people don't need 250 to get the effects, so it worked out, but old timers like me needed more than one hit. The most I've ever done at once was approximately 25,000 mcg. Quite a ride. I know people who have done more and they can still speak coherently.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
200200_tomatketchup.png

End Product

scientology-burger.jpg

Shore Story