What's new

Making a Movie!

sspamfilter

Hello,

I'm creating a film which outlines my life experiences growing up in Scientology and spending several years at the Mace Kingsley Ranch School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mace-Kingsley_Ranch_School), and the abuses I've experienced, witnessed and avoided. It will be an unbiased account of what has happened in my life and will not seek to demonize or romanticize scientology or critics of scientology. I will leave the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

I was also in the Sea Organization (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org) for some time.

I am choosing at this point to stay relatively anonymous and therefore am not mentioning too many specifics. I would really like to have this project done or near done before getting my information out among the world. But I assure you, this project can be a major deal.

I call out to those with interest, to help me with this project:

-I would like to connect with other ex-ranch kids in particular, who would like to share their story on film. I am able and willing to hide identities if needed. If you are someone that fits this description or know someone who is, please have them contact me.

-I am filming a preview/pitch film in March and could potentially use a day's worth of cameraman, on location. I don't anticipate the entire preview shoot taking any longer than 1 day.

-I could use some legal advice, preferably from someone who is familiar with film/media/scientology laws.

-I will be presenting this project for crowdfunding on indiegogo. When that happens I will ask for all interested parties to help spread the word, so I can make this project really hit home.

-I will also be presenting this project for inclusion into an online contest with winner getting a $500,000 budget. I will ask for any interested parties to vote for me in that contest, as well.

Thanks for the attention.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Sspammy, nice project. Wish you success!

You should try XSO and XSO kids too.

Welcome here if you wanna tell us a story that would be nice, but don't give too much away if you wanna keep your identity to yourself.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So you are an anonymous person who wants any ex-Ranch kids willing to spill the beans to give you their contact info? And they get the chance to be in a movie too!

I know you're a newbie and I should be nice to you, but look at it from the viewpoint of someone afraid of the CofS.

Paul

sspamfilter

Paul: as I remarked on a different site:
I only wish to remain anonymous to the public, in a public setting.
If I can verify someone is a trusted site member, such as someone who is a moderator potentially, I could share my information with that person.

For the same reasons they might wish to remain anonymous, I do. I will not be anonymous for long as the project will be being posted next month online and it will be increasingly easy to figure out who I am, based on the story alone.

So if you are a trusted person, that I can verify at least with someone trusted saying they know you, that is sufficient for me, and I would of course ask not to share the information I give you with unknown people.

So it's not that I am totally unwilling to discuss myself, it's just that at this time I don't want it out in the public.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Fair enough. There are many long-term posters here who use their real names and would fit the bill.

Paul

Welcome Spammy! Good luck with your project, it sounds good and VERY TIMELY! :thumbsup:

I am a NON, so I can't help you with stories, but there are some members who have spoken up about their experiences here.

I suggest you do some reading and searching through threads here, and then send them a private message via this board to see if they might wish to get involved in your film project. I'll bet some of them might really relish it! :yes:

Good luck with your project, glad that you joined us here! :)