ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Manchester Org: dying on its arse

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Freeminds, Jan 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

I was asked to do some work in Manchester, so I jumped at the chance to walk along Deansgate each day and see how our Clam friends are doing.

I have to say, they aren’t doing very well at all. Hours of opening appear to have become sporadic and at times when there’s loads of foot traffic as a busy and increasingly wealthy city goes about its business, there’s nobody on hand to sell Hubbardism.

From the conversations that I’ve started, I’d have to conclude that Mancs despise Scientology and the people who peddle it. Still, if you don’t open your shop (sorry: “church”, LOL) then you’re guaranteed not to make a sale. I was surprised to see the org closed up and in darkness during rush hour.

Common sense prevailing at last? Maybe.

2. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Is that Manchester USA or UK?

I'm not sure where you're located..

3. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Deansgate is in Manchester UK.

4. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

My impression is that most British orgs are effectively closed shops now, comprised of long-time Scientologists and their families. Hardly anyone joins from the ranks of the "raw public."

5. Scicrit

Scicrit Patron

And yet work has begun on the Ideal Org, probably to be opened in October, when Miscavige is here for the IAS event.
    This does not benefit from foot traffic, it's huge, and it won't replace the existing 'shopfront' org.

Plymouth Org has certainly not recruited anyone in years and, as time passes, is ever less likely to do so.

Their 'expansion' is evidently a real estate scam that is also being used to deceive Scientologists into thinking the organisation is not on the ropes here - unless management is so surrounded by yes-men terrified to speak truth to power, that they really do believe their own publicity.

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Manchester anons have been active longer than even London anons from 2 years ago or so.

7. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

8. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Agreed. When we discussed the Ideal Orgs in the past, this was the consensus - they were a way of getting the Scn whales and public to fund an international property empire controlled by Miscavige.

Unfortunately, as long as no one in the Orgs actually questions whether there is an actual need for such large buildings (and the organisation is set up to preclude any such questioning), my guess is that it will succeed all too well.

Enthetan likes this.
  9. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

A Ronbot resurgence! Today I had business in Manchester once again, and I was surprised to see that two suited Ronbots had set up a small stand with multiple copies of ‘The Way to Happiness’. Just outside the Arndale shopping centre.

From the way the public were avoiding them, you’d think they were trying to hand out anthrax samples. The body language of the Ronbots was comical: they really looked whipped.

The writings of poor sad, mad old L Ron Hubbard are toxic, of course... still, it’s worth keeping a close eye on what the Scientology UFO cult does in the UK. It’s so very nearly disappeared, now: it’d be a shame if they managed to hurt some new victims.