What's new

MarcoTai and Scientific Method

AnonKat

Crusader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tti-Lx3Dpng

Daud2008 | 4 augustus 2010
I was writing a comment on Marco Tai's channel, but I thought: hey this is YT, why to write when we can publish a video?
So my point here is the following:
Marco Tai says Dianetics and Scientology are scientific, then why he doesn't show the experiments made in different universities around the world, and published in peer reviewed journals which confirm dianetics/scientology findings?
What also Marco doesn't know, because he didn't go to school (which I mean university) is that science forms scientists through the study of biology, physics, math, chemistry, and in this way a scientist generally incorporates that knowledge in the findings described in the peer reviewed journals, so other scientists can test them. So the mathematical/statistical method used is important. But I don't see anything of the kind in dianetics and maybe I'm wrong.
Last part is: Hubbard was a science fiction writer, that in order to create his religion plagiarized heavily on material available in his time-period, so we can recognize ideas from Freud, Jung, Maslow and so on. Real scientists who write about science generally quote their sources, but Hubbard doesn't do that.
Another point Marco misses is the fact that he doesn't look for disproving his theories, that is part of science. For example did he study Neurology and the findings thanks to fMRI technology? Did he try that technology to advance dianetics findings and see if they are still valid?
Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure the people watching my channel and Marco will be able to show if my ideas are correct or wrong and why.

SuperPowers

Patron with Honors
AnonKat

Interesting. But I can't find the Marco Tai which he refers to ...
do you have a link? :confused2:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Marcotai = Sign Of Success.

Good work AnonKat. Makes quite vivid the freedom of expression you and I enjoy while our little friend would never consider being so brave as to show its face.

Kostelijk !!!

UPDATED to include this:

marcotai is **not** a scientologist. he is a well known you tube troll and goes by several different id's. all his information about scn comes from copy & pasting information from the internet. i had a long session of sharing over 40 emails with him about a year ago when he thought i was a scientologist on his side. he made it very clear to me that he was a fake. much like l ron jr said about his father, more than 90% of what marcotai writes is flat out lies. after my lengthy conversations with him i concluded he was either a troll or a mentally ill person who likes to try to impress people with his fake knowledge.

byte301

Crusader

Good work AnonKat. Makes quite vivid the freedom of expression you and I enjoy while our little friend would never consider being so brave as to show its face.

Kostelijk !!!

UPDATED to include this:

As someone said to me recently...why does it have to be either or?

SOS=mentally ill troll

AnonKat

Crusader

Kostelijk !!!

UPDATED to include this:

Regarding not showing your face. I think the guy in the video makes a point that if you are indeed a scientist you should show yourself like other scientists do.

byte301

Crusader
So where is the little troll? Taking a day off or trying to snipe a scilon book package on ebay for 99 cents?

Last edited: