ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Margery Wakefield - was forced to have 6 abortions while in the Church of Scientology

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by Idle Morgue, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Idle Morgue

Idle Morgue Gold Meritorious Patron

She's out and she is talking:

AFFIDAVIT
    MARGERY WAKEFIELD
    4/16/13
    I, Margery Wakefield, hereby state:
    That I was a member of the Church of Scientology from October 1968 until February 1980.
    That I was at times a public preclear, paying for services.
    I also, in 1969, joined the inner organization of Scientology, the Sea Organization, and signed a billion year contract to work for the organization.
    That the most I ever received in weekly wages for an approximately 110/hour per week work week was $11.60.
    That if I were to be paid at minimum wage for time worked for Scientology, the “Church” would owe me approximately $500,000.
    That I spent approximately $60,000 for services while in Scientology. I completed all the lower levels of Scientology, and was on OT5, then called New Era Dianetics for OT’s, when I left Scientology.
    That I, in fact, worked as slave labor while in Scientology.
    That I became pregnant six times in Scientology, and was forced to have six abortions. I was sent to California social services to arrange the abortions, then given bus fare and an address of an abortion clinic, and told not to come back until the abortion was completed.
    When I became pregnant after I had left Scientology, I had a miscarriage and was told I could not have children because of the damage done during these abortions. I have no natural children.
    That I observed on various occasions the treatment of children in Scientology, especially children of Sea Org parents, and that the treatment of children in Scientology was abysmally poor. Children were warehoused in Scientology with none of the usual trappings of childhood. Children were devalued in Scientology as “beings in little bodies.” That most of the Sea Org children were not sent to public school or home schooled, and most Sea Org children did not attend a Scientology school.
    That the living conditions I endured in Scientology were substandard, filthy, and roach infested.
    That while in Scientology in 1979-1980, I did volunteer work for the Guardian’s Office, now renamed the Office of Special Affairs, or OSA.
    I was shown official “bulletins” and “policy letters” of Scientology, teaching me to do the following things: break into buildings, use a credit card to break into a Xerox machine, steal documents, burn incriminating documents in a designated “Red Box” if we were invaded by the police or the FBI. I was also taught to lie according to a policy letter called Training Routine Lie. I was coached on lying to the press, to authorities, and in court.
    When I was working in the Washington, DC organization, I was at one time given the task of breaking and entering into the nearby headquarters of the American Psychiatric Association and steal membership and financial records, which I did.
    Later, I was given the supposedly confidential preclear folders of a potential defector from Scientology named Michael Meisner. I was told to go through the folders and to earmark any entries having to do with sexual or financial misconduct that could be used against him.
    I was also given the task of going through all the private detective notes gathered on US Attorney Raymond Banoun, who was one of the attorneys involved in the case against Scientology. I was told to earmark any damaging material that could be used to discredit him or to blackmail him, such as sexual or financial misconduct.
    That while doing all these activities against Meisner and Banoun, I participated in a meeting in the Guardian’s Office in which two murders were planned. The plans were to take Michael Meisner to sea and “deep-six” him, in other words to tie chains to him and throw him overboard. Also, a writer critical of Scientology named Paulette Cooper was to be shot in the head. We were told in the meeting that these two individuals were endangering the future of Scientology on this planet, and that according to the Scientology policy “the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics,” they had to be killed. Whether these murders were carried out, I do not know, but I believe Paulette Cooper is still alive.
    That when I was in Scientology, I was quite familiar, and took seriously, the Scientology policy called Routine 2-45, in which a person was to be shot in the head by a Colt 45. On two occasions I read policy letters in Scientology in which R2-45 was ordered to be carried out on a list of persons.
    That in February of 1980, I was offloaded, or excommunicated, from Scientology. I was held against my will under guard for a month in the Fort Harrison Hotel in Cleawater, Florida in a room on the second floor. After a month, I was taken under guard to the airport, and flown under guard to Madison, Wisconsin, and deposited at my parents’ house. I was not allowed to return to Scientology.
    A year and a half later, when I threatened to sue Scientology, I was held in a motel against my will in Madison, Wisconsin, and my life was threatened unless I signed a document agreeing not to sue Scientology. After I signed the document, my life was again threatened.
    While living in Tampa, Florida, I was met after work several times, and my life was again threatened.
    On one occasion, I returned home to my apartment at night, to find the apartment door broken into, and blood dripping down my bedroom wall. This was a clear message to me from Scientology.
    Since these events, I have been a vocal critic of Scientology. I have written three books about Scientology. I have appeared on radio and television talking about Scientology. Presently I am making Youtube videos demonstrating the auditing practices of Scientology. I am currently writing a fourth book about the treatment of children in Scientology.
    I will be satisfied when Scientology has made amends for all its past practices, including paying minimum wage to all persons who have worked as slave labor for Scientology, and making amends to the families they have harmed, including the families of persons who have committed suicide while under the influence of Scientology.
    Signed,
    Margery Wakefield
    4/16/13

2. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Re: Margery Wakefield - was forced to have 6 abortions while in the Church of Sciento

Thanks . I love Margery :)
    FYI, Margery has been out and speaking up for many years. This is just the latest of what she had not stated before. Very proud of her for coming forward on this very personal issue.

3. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Re: Margery Wakefield - was forced to have 6 abortions while in the Church of Sciento

Margery Wakefield on Scientology
    [video=youtube;NRDpwN8bv0E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRDpwN8bv0E[/video]
    Thank you for speaking out
    :rose:

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

That's what I call a useful document!
    Margery is worth a lot of respect.

5. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Ah, come on Marge, it (R2-45) is just a METAPHOR! Just ask Marty Rathboner! :duh:

6. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

:bump2:

7. Maria Cuervo

Maria Cuervo Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew Marjorie for a brief period once she left and was speaking out. A very nice sane person.

8. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

She's largely retired from speaking now to deal with her own medical issues. I chat with her from time to time. :)

9. Maria Cuervo

I knew her in Illinois and spoke at one of her events of my own departure from scn. I think she had written her first book. I lived in Deerfield. Not sure those are enough clues for her to remember me. What a nice person and good soul. I hope she is well!!

10. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

I love Margery. I could not agree with you more. She recently helped me with something and could not have been more kind, caring and selflessly available. I cannot say enough good things about this extraordinary lady.

11. Maria Cuervo

I found a thread Margery posted a while back and I posted on it to say hi. She might be confused since my name was different.

12. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

Margery contacted me last year that she thought she was poisoned by some OSAbot claiming to be someone he wasn't (the info he gave her proved to be inaccurate).

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...efield-believes-she-s-been-poisoned-by-OSAbot

I immediately contacted Mark Rogerman, a retired Denver Police sergeant & now a security/terrorism consultant living in the Denver area. Mark confirmed the guy was not who or what he claimed to be. He & Margery met several times & Margery got to know Mark's wife & grandkids, too. The situation was resolved. :)

13. Maria Cuervo

Wow that is just horrible.
    Glad she is ok.