What's new

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/scientology-beliefs/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

In plain English, here are the core religious beliefs of scientology:

Scientology Beliefs

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

5. Navigation through the only hole in the wall consists of closely emulating Hubbard and behaving as he did when he lived.

6. Enemies, including psychs as well as anyone expressing any doubt or reservation about these beliefs, must be destroyed by any means necessary by scientologists. Such means include lying, suing, cheating, harassing, intimidating, blackmailing, smearing and by physical violence.

7. Scientology ‘technology’ consists of a sophisticated mix of pop psychology and hypnotism carefully designed and administered so as to lead people to wholeheartedly accept and live according to these beliefs.

8. When a scientologist has expended all of his best efforts in the vain pursuit of these beliefs he is expected to ‘discard’ his body so that he may continue to pursue them without such a physical ‘impediment’.

Whether the ultimate belief, number 8 above, constitutes suicide is a wholly subjective question of religious belief.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Best synthesis of $cientology beliefs I ever read!
This is it!
:clap:

(I would have like the BT's exorcism to be mentioned though:blush:)

:yes:

Thank you Marty - one of the best post you wrote!

:coolwink:

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

. . .

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’

. . .

Where does this "Farsec" thingy appear, anyone? Is it in Solo NOTs or OT8? Some Hubbard advice only seen by a few?

Paul

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Some Hubbard advice only seen by a few?
Yes, mentioned in Marty's Book III.
View attachment 9305
View attachment 9306
Of his three books, I actually like Book III, which I bought, a lot.*

Others, not so much.

YMMV :shrug:

Hubbard possibly came up with some of this stuff by reading ancient gnostic materials.

For more, just google: gnostic prison planet

Couple of typical quotes you'll run across:

"The earth, for the Gnostics, was a prison-planet ruled by an evil tyrant. The soul would continue
to reincarnate in this insufferable vale of tears until the power of Ialdabaoth and his evil angels
(the "archons" which encircle the earth) could be broken."

"So the problem is simple, and one begins to understand how the Gnostics saw it: man, then, is
a lifelong exile on a planet which is a prison for all mankind; he lives in a body which is a prison
for the soul; he is the autochthon of a lost and invisible world."

From Piece of Blue Sky

In the mid-1970s while in Washington, DC, Hubbard inaugurated a secret project to find out all he could about the "Soldiers of Light" and the "Soldiers of Darkness." The notion that people are born either good or evil and engage in a cosmic spiritual war can be found in Zoroastrianism, and in the Dead Sea Scrolls of the Essenes, whence it found its way into certain Gnostic Christian sects.

< snip >

In short, there are a small number of "players," some Soldiers of Light, some Soldiers of Darkness. They are engaged in an eternal battle, using the "pieces" and "broken pieces" to achieve their ends.

* Verified Purchase :wink2:

Last edited:

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Marty is doing just fine. Works real hard at repairs, Shewolf thinks having a life with a lovely wife and child has done wonders for his conscience.:yes:
He is certainly worth reading...sparingly:eyeroll:.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
1 Planet earth is a prison planet

This should be noted,
it is a Nazi cult belief,
there was an interview with a German white supermicist
by a black gal about Aryan beliefs in white superiority...

He described it this way..

Scientologists claiming to be NAZI's in a past life LINK

Scientology restoration of old buildings... guess what? LINK

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
farse, obsolete variant of farce.

Farse see

Sounds more like he vaguely remembered Parsec as being some kind of scientific thingamajig, so if he changed it slightly to Farsec it would add credibility as it would look familiar to people. Kinda like the similarity of Xenu to the prefix xeno- meaning alien or strange.

Paul

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sounds more like he vaguely remembered Parsec as being some kind of scientific thingamajig, so if he changed it slightly to Farsec it would add credibility as it would look familiar to people. Kinda like the similarity of Xenu to the prefix xeno- meaning alien or strange.

Paul

The nearest habitable planet is ten farsecs away,
called Poxima Centauri. The Milky way is
30 Kilo-farsecs across....
And andromeda is 780 Kilo farsecs away..
Ooops, its sez Parsecs, NEVERMIND......

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I saw the handwritten LRH *advice* on psychiatrists and Farsec, I saw it visually and also the typewritten version when i worked at OSA INT.

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

In plain English, here are the core religious beliefs of scientology:

Scientology Beliefs

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

5. Navigation through the only hole in the wall consists of closely emulating Hubbard and behaving as he did when he lived.

6. Enemies, including psychs as well as anyone expressing any doubt or reservation about these beliefs, must be destroyed by any means necessary by scientologists. Such means include lying, suing, cheating, harassing, intimidating, blackmailing, smearing and by physical violence.

7. Scientology ‘technology’ consists of a sophisticated mix of pop psychology and hypnotism carefully designed and administered so as to lead people to wholeheartedly accept and live according to these beliefs.

8. When a scientologist has expended all of his best efforts in the vain pursuit of these beliefs he is expected to ‘discard’ his body so that he may continue to pursue them without such a physical ‘impediment’.

Whether the ultimate belief, number 8 above, constitutes suicide is a wholly subjective question of religious belief.

German translation - Deutsche Übersetzung
(Hinweis: Dies ist eine englische Webseite und Englisch ist die Muttersprache der meisten Leute die hier schreiben und lesen. Deutschsprachige Leser werden höflichst gebeten, Kommentare in diesem Forum auf Englisch zu halten. Insbesondere deutschsprachige Beiträge die extrem pro-Scientology sind, als mögliche Reaktionen ("Schadenskontrolle") auf deutsche Inhalte, könnten Versuche darstellen die Moderation zu umgehen, sie werden daher übersetzt und den Moderatoren gemeldet.)

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Glaubensinhalte.

* * * * * ANFANG DES ZITATS * * * * *

In einfachem Englisch, hier sind die Kernstücke der religiösen Glaubensinhalte von scientology:

Scientology Glaubensinhalte

1. Planet Erde ist ein Gefängnis. Die große Mehrheit der menschlichen Wesen - und Milliarden anderer, unsichtbarer Wesen - sind seine Insassen.

2. Xenu ist der Name von scientology's Satan, der die Erde als ein Gefängnis eingerichtet hat und Milliarden von Wesen hierhertransportiert hat um als seine Insassen zu dienen.

3. Unsere fortdauernde Gefangenschaft ist sichergestellt durch 'Psychs'. 'Psychs' sind definiert als Psychiater, Psychologen, Psychotherapeuten, Priester, Pastoren/Seelsorger, und alle Anderen die im Gebiet von Verstand und Geist praktizieren. Psychs wurden hierher gesandt von einem Planeten namens 'Farsec'. Sie sind eine spezielle Rasse von Wesen, erschaffen und [invested = "investiert" / invested -> infested?? = "besessen"] mit dem einzigen Zweck, die Menschheit in geistiger Gefangenschaft zu halten.

4. Ron Hubbard ist der Erste der die obigen Wahrheiten von 1 bis 3 entdeckt hat, und der Einzige der die Mittel entwickelt hat, dem Gefängnisplaneten zu entkommen.

5. Die Navigation durch das einzige Loch in der Wand besteht darin, Hubbard streng nachzueifern/nachzuahmen und sich so zu verhalten wie er tat als er noch lebte.

6. Feinde, inklusive Psychs sowie Jedermann der irgendwelche Zweifel oder Vorbehalte über diese Glaubensinhalte ausdrückt, müssen mit allen erforderlichenn Mitteln zerstört werden durch Scientologen. Solche Mittel schließen ein zu lügen, verklagen, betrügen, belästigen/schikanieren, einschüchtern, erpressen, Schmierkampagnen, und durch körperliche Gewalt.

7. Scientology 'Technologie' besteht aus einem ausgeklügelten Mix von "Pop-Wissenschaft" und Hypnose, sorgfältig designt und angewendet, um Leute dazu zu verleiten diese Glaubensinhalte von ganzem Herzen zu akzeptieren und ihnen angemessen zu leben.

8. Wenn ein Scientologe sich verausgabt hat mit all seinen besten Anstrengungen in dem vergeblichen Versuch diesen Glaubensinhalten zu folgen, wird von ihm erwartet seinen Körper 'abzulegen', so dass er sie weiterhin verfolgen kann ohne solch ein physisches 'Hindernis'.

Ob der ultimative Glaube, obige Nummer 8, Suizid bezeichnet/konstituiert, ist eine vollkommen subjektive Frage religiösen Glaubens.

* * * * * ENDE DES ZITATS* * * * *

Mixing languages in head PLUS Scientology beliefs PLUS Martyspeak --> feeling like " :booze: ".

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Where does this "Farsec" thingy appear, anyone? Is it in Solo NOTs or OT8? Some Hubbard advice only seen by a few?

Paul

Ask any OT8,

they should have whole track recall.

Any of you OT3's recall Xenu?

No wonder Hubbard had to create a mystery, (shore story being it would cave people in, LOL)

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Ask any OT8,

they should have whole track recall.

Any of you OT3's recall Xenu?

<snip>

OK, I'm not OT III, however I DO recall Xenu (also spelled Xemu).

In fact, I knew all about him years before I got involved with Scientology. :coolwink::wink2:

xemu_zps0v7yewmu.jpg

Gib

Crusader
OK, I'm not OT III, however I DO recall Xenu (also spelled Xemu).

In fact, I knew all about him years before I got involved with Scientology. :coolwink::wink2:

xemu_zps0v7yewmu.jpg

oh yes the comic books and sci fi.

They are but sublime, in my byline.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublime_(literary)

"The earliest text on the sublime was written sometime in the first or third century AD by the Greek writer (pseudo-)Longinus in his work On the Sublime (Περὶ ὕψους, Perì hýpsous). Longinus defines the literary sublime as "excellence in language", the "expression of a great spirit" and the power to provoke "ecstasy" in one's readers.[SUP][1][/SUP] Longinus holds that the sublime may be found in every work, since the goal of a writer should always be to produce a form of ecstasy."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecstasy

Ecstasy may refer to:

-------------

Now, I'm saying scientology produces these affects,

but, I'm say'in they ain't real, the ecstasy. But just what the affect was. (since the goal of a writer should always be to produce a form of ecstasy, which is what Hubbard did).

I saw the hardwritten LRH *advice* on psychiatrists and Farsec, I saw it visually and also the typewritten version when i worked at OSA INT.
And what, pray tell, did it say? Oh and, I waive any KR's for giving me verbal data. You can tell me with a clean heart. Mimsey

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
And what, pray tell, did it say? Oh and, I waive any KR's for giving me verbal data. You can tell me with a clean heart. Mimsey

The handwritten and typed advice I saw said exactly what Marty said : quoted below This was sent to Heber so he could pump up rhetoric and animosity on psychiatrists at the speaking events he did.
(paraphrased)

Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.
Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.
Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader

The handwritten and typed advice I saw said exactly what Marty said : quoted below This was sent to Heber so he could pump up rhetoric and animosity on psychiatrists at the speaking events he did.
(paraphrased)

"
Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

"

lets run that paraphrased statement thru

http://rhetoric.byu.edu/pedagogy/rhetorical analysis heuristic.htm

and the truth will be revealed, that is Hubbard's use of rhetoric.