What's new

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs

Beldar

Patron
New here. Just registered. I left the "church" in the late 90's after having gotten into lron's OT levels. It became apparent to me at that time that those "beliefs" that Mr. Rathbun wrote of (at least the first 2) and expressed throughout lron's fabulous "works", especially his OT levels, were knowingly fabricated by lron and intentionally foisted upon individuals using quite effective hypnosis techniques. Some may think he was just loony and believed his own BS. I realized from certain policy letters, training films and other rantings that lron very much knew he was making it up as he went. Yes, the "friend to mankind" simply had cold hard stones. He was evil.

I laugh sometimes thinking about lron envisioning a world of people hypnotized into believing that they were brought to earth by a comic book character and blown up by H-bombs in volcanos and paying him trillions for the favor. I mean WTF! Stones.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
New here. Just registered. I left the "church" in the late 90's after having gotten into lron's OT levels. It became apparent to me at that time that those "beliefs" that Mr. Rathbun wrote of (at least the first 2) and expressed throughout lron's fabulous "works", especially his OT levels, were knowingly fabricated by lron and intentionally foisted upon individuals using quite effective hypnosis techniques. Some may think he was just loony and believed his own BS. I realized from certain policy letters, training films and other rantings that lron very much knew he was making it up as he went. Yes, the "friend to mankind" simply had cold hard stones. He was evil.

I laugh sometimes thinking about lron envisioning a world of people hypnotized into believing that they were brought to earth by a comic book character and blown up by H-bombs in volcanos and paying him trillions for the favor. I mean WTF! Stones.

Hey Beldar!

:welcome2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Scientology Beliefs (Marty Rathbun's blog)

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

So! If this is a prison planet and Ron has the only way to escape, Scientology isn't really a religion then, is it?

It would more accurately be described as a Travel Agency. With one curious idiosyncrasy. . . .

Scientology loves to heap the highest praise upon its VIP customers who bought the entire escape package. But if any of those former VIP customers return to the agency after their trip and tries to talk to new customers in the waiting room about their experience, the staff members start screaming that they are evil, lying criminals--and the police are immediately called to have them arrested.

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime
OK, I'm not OT III, however I DO recall Xenu (also spelled Xemu).

In fact, I knew all about him years before I got involved with Scientology. :coolwink::wink2:

xemu_zps0v7yewmu.jpg

Thank you Type4 that little baby never gets old. It's such a good example of hubbard's penchant for stealing ideas. After all Hubbard inhabited the world of pulp science fiction and could not have missed the macabre menace of XEMU the merciless.

He may have even misread it as the marcab menace...

:eyeroll:

Edit: The issue pictured was issued 1975. Hubbard wrote OT3 around 1966/67.

However Xemnu the merciless had been a marvel character since about 1960.

From liveleak (page plays audio of Hubbard's History of Xemu 'goof the floof' lecture)
A Marvel Comics villain called Xemnu the Titan featured in Journey into Mystery #62 (Nov, 1960) and #66 (Mar, 1961) as a prototype of The Hulk; Marvel widely reprinted these stories in early 1967 [13] [14]. The Xemnu tale features similar themes to Hubbard's Xenu story: an alien warlord, escape from prison, mass death, telepathy and mental possession of other bodies [15] [16]. A different Marvel villain called Zemu or Xemu appeared in Strange Tales #103 (Dec, 1962) [17] and Fantastic Four #158 (May, 1975) [18].
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9f5_1257197129#zpar90x2yfLXjXjM.99

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Edit: The issue pictured was issued 1975. Hubbard wrote OT3 around 1966/67.

However Xemnu the merciless had been a marvel character since about 1960.

From liveleak (page plays audio of Hubbard's History of Xemu 'goof the floof' lecture)

From my "Fantastic Four Encyclopedia", translation from German:

Zemu

True Name: Zemu alias Xemu
First Appearance: Strange Tales I, 103 (1962)

Powers/Weapons:
Advanced technology: dimension transporter, energy beams, sound amplificating thunder horn

Intelligence: 2/7
Strength: 2/7
Speed: 2/7
Resilience: 2/7
Energy projection: 1/7
Combat skills: 2/7

Conclusion? Xemu (or Zemu) sucks - DR. DOOM FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Interesting that Hubbard indicated that Xenu was also called Xemu. Isn't it unusual for Galactic warlords to have more than one spelling of their name? :unsure:

But Xenu has this oddity in common with the character out of Marvel Comics:

Wikipedia:

Xemu is the ruler of a dimension in the Marvel Universe.

The character, created by Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby, first appeared in Strange Tales #103 (December 1962). His name was spelled "Zemu" in this initial appearance, but was changed to Xemu when he reappeared in Fantastic Four #158 (May 1975).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_X

Last edited:

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Interesting that Hubbard indicated that Xenu was also called Xemu. Isn't it unusual for Galactic warlords to have more than one spelling of their name? :unsure:

Wikipedia:

[snipped]

Yarr, strange stuff. Confusing, really. I used to think ... and other people ... that the Marvel thing - the F4 appearance with the cover, most only knew that one - was an early pun at Co$ ... not something like the "South Park" episode really to educate people, but more something like an insider joke ... by somebody maybe who had left ... a joke within pop culture and strange pop culture "religions" ... But if the first appearance of that chara, or of the other one, "Xemnu the Titan", has been earlier than OTIII, then Hubbard actually might have ripped it off. WOW, if the story about "Xemnu the Titan" really has similarities to the OTIII story! Anyhow, whether Hubs has or hasn't: later maybe, Marvel (that is, "some guy"!) changed the name of that unimportant minor character to really make a gag about Co$ out of it... Name and design changes on charas do happen, there also are parallel universes and complete new "timelines" and such stuff, new serials where history gets rewritten completely... that in itself isn't too unusual. :confused2:

Last edited:

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Sounds more like he vaguely remembered Parsec as being some kind of scientific thingamajig, so if he changed it slightly to Farsec it would add credibility as it would look familiar to people. Kinda like the similarity of Xenu to the prefix xeno- meaning alien or strange.

Paul

You're all wrong. Hubbard clearly was referring to FARSI, thereby giving credibility to the rise of the Muslim fundamentalists. :eyeroll:

Beldar

Patron
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/scientology-beliefs/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

In plain English, here are the core religious beliefs of scientology:

Scientology Beliefs

1. Planet Earth is a prison. The vast majority of human beings – and billions of invisible other beings – are its inmates.

2. Xenu is the name of scientology’s Satan who established Earth as a prison and transported billions of beings to serve as its inmates.

3. Our continued imprisonment is assured by ‘psychs.’ ‘Psychs’ are defined as psychiatrists, psychologists, psycho-therapists, priests, ministers, and anyone else practicing in the field of the mind and spirit. Psychs were sent here from a planet called ‘Farsec.’ They are a special breed of being created and invested with the sole purpose of keeping humankind mentally imprisoned.

4. Ron Hubbard is the first to discover the truth of 1 through 3 above, and the only one to have devised a means of escaping the prison planet.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Concerning "belief" #3, I recall while on the OT II course having to read one of lron's policy letters concerning security of materials. In it lron said that if the evil "psychs" ever got ahold of the materials they would, in so many words, use it to do people in. OT II was represented by lron as being an implant that all people had gotten from some space opera implanting station or some such asstard nonsense that I could care less about now as far as specifics.

While on OT II it became quite obvious that the materials were chantings intended to produce a hypnotic state. It wasn't "audited" out, it was audited in. What appeared ridiculous also was how in hell the "psychs" could use such BS to do in or "implant" other people. Gee, maybe it was lron who was using it to implant ME! How ridiculous also to have to walk around with a briefcase tied to my wrist to keep the evil psychs from lrons great "discovery" and to keep others from getting pneumonia or turning to stone should they ever cast their eyes upon such great "truths" "discovered" by such a great man who could see what no other in history could! WTF!

I turned in the materials to the lady in the Navy uniform sometime after that and left Scientology. I've since concluded that lron quite knowingly made all that BS up including the evil psychs aspect. It was way beyond simply believing his own lies. Lron did very obviously use hypnosis and lies to have his way with people to no good end effect. Lron was pure poison.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello ! :wave: and :welcome2: Beldar ! Nice first post :yes::thumbsup:. Welcome !

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Wikipedia:

So when was tubby's xemu invented? Think he stole this from the comics - I mean he stole everything else . . . :whistling:
This is :hysterical:
And tragic. :sadsigh: :sadangel:
How many lives destroyed by the manipulation of peoples about a comic character.
That tubs was a deluded Evil SOB.

betskand

Patron with Honors

I'm a never-in and I read the OTIII material on the net.

I never died from pneumonia!

Does this mean I don't read very well?

Signed,
Worried:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Beliefs.

https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2015/02/03/scientology-beliefs/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

In plain English, here are the core religious beliefs of scientology:

Scientology Beliefs

5. Navigation through the only hole in the wall consists of closely emulating Hubbard and behaving as he did when he lived.

6. Enemies, including psychs as well as anyone expressing any doubt or reservation about these beliefs, must be destroyed by any means necessary by scientologists. Such means include lying, suing, cheating, harassing, intimidating, blackmailing, smearing and by physical violence.

7. Scientology ‘technology’ consists of a sophisticated mix of pop psychology and hypnotism carefully designed and administered so as to lead people to wholeheartedly accept and live according to these beliefs.

8. When a scientologist has expended all of his best efforts in the vain pursuit of these beliefs he is expected to ‘discard’ his body so that he may continue to pursue them without such a physical ‘impediment’.

Whether the ultimate belief, number 8 above, constitutes suicide is a wholly subjective question of religious belief.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Yes, very good but I still wouldn't trust Marty or Mike one little bit. They are two of the slimiest sleazeballs this side of Tommy Davis.

Beldar

Patron

Signed,

Actually you already have died from pneumonia but your lying body thetans would have you believe otherwise!:biggrin:

Lron doesn't lie, only your evil BT's do! Of course, this means that all of lron's rantings were foisted upon you by your body thetans, and lron is really one of your body thetans or never really existed because all of your BT's are evil psychs which means they can't be evil psychs since lron never existed. The body thetan crap could have never end well for anyone. Lron was a master liar and manipulator but not a very smart one.:itstrue:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Yes, very good but I still wouldn't trust Marty or Mike one little bit. They are two of the slimiest sleazeballs this side of Tommy Davis.

I wouldn't trust either one of them when they were true believing scientologists. And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't fully trust ANY CoS Scientologist. Their sense of right and wrong has been corrupted to the point of insanity, to the degree they've been indoctrinated with Hubbard's writings on ethics.

But both of them are very much out now and working at fighting the criminality and abuses of the CoS. They've provided great info to the media, not all of which has yet come out, plus they're also helping on a number of legal cases as well including the Garcia Federal Fraud lawsuit, and they've helped tremendously with the upcoming HBO documentary which imo has already changed things forever in terms of how the media deals with the CoS.

This all means a lot in my book. They didn't have to do any of this and it is not without any personal risk.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Signed,

You haven't done the student hat and obviously have crashing m/u's on the materials. Back to cramming, and don't come back here til you die of pneumonia!!!!

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I wouldn't trust either one of them when they were true believing scientologists. And knowing what I know now, I wouldn't fully trust ANY CoS Scientologist. Their sense of right and wrong has been corrupted to the point of insanity, to the degree they've been indoctrinated with Hubbard's writings on ethics.

But both of them are very much out now and working at fighting the criminality and abuses of the CoS. They've provided great info to the media, not all of which has yet come out, plus they're also helping on a number of legal cases as well including the Garcia Federal Fraud lawsuit, and they've helped tremendously with the upcoming HBO documentary which imo has already changed things forever in terms of how the media deals with the CoS.

This all means a lot in my book. They didn't have to do any of this and it is not without any personal risk.

Rinder could have outed me 20 times over by now and has never done one thing to out or otherwise harm me. I also know him to have kept confidences for one of my closest ex Scn friends.