What's new

Mark 'Marty Rathbun: Scientology is unqualified to practice in field of mental health

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology is unqualified to practice in field of mental health.

Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Scientology Golden Ages
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/09/09/scientology-golden-ages/
This essay does not stand alone. It will not make much sense absent first reading the essay ‘Standard Scientology.’

There is a rationale behind David Miscavige coming out with ‘Golden-Age’ campaigns.

Consistent with the essay ‘Standard Scientology’ (and chapter 25 of Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior) there is every necessity to continually revise, re-revise, compile, re-compile and re-issue the words of L. Ron Hubbard. And thus there is some logic behind the Golden Age of Tech, the Golden Age of Knowledge and the Golden Age of Tech II – the three major Miscavige directed re-compilations of Hubbard. Whether you agree with the way the church of scientology went about it is an entirely different matter. But, moaning about the fact of the re-compilation is about as sensible and effective as complaining about the weather.

The original Golden Age of Tech was done in response to virtually all of the established technical hierarchy of scientology (Class XIIs, mainly trained under Ron’s regime) being about as capable of applying scientology fundamentals as the leading electro-convulsive shock therapy psychiatrists were. I know, I was there, having been the only one in scientology who I am aware of to train uninfluenced by the scientology technical hierarchy. Nearly all of the Class XIIs at Flag could not read an e-meter, could not deliver a crisp command, and did not apply a single tool effectively for salvaging a session gone south (which occurred frequently). Quite a few of them could not make it through an entire session without dozing at some point. When put on a correction program directed by me personally, by personal observation the majority of the Class XIIs were by modern societal standards nut cases. About 90 percent of them were incapable of correction. One reason for that was that they were convinced that the only valid correction was to ‘blow’ the body thetan who suggested that they screw up in the first place. “It was misownership; not my overt” was the common refrain; and once the body thetan was addressed, they exclaimed gleefully “it’s all handled now!” Not only had they bought Hubbard’s space opera constructs literally, that universe view was running their lives helter skelter. I have written earlier that had the XII’s remained in boot camp with me to learn communication training routines the hard way and how to naturally and accurately handle a meter I believed that 90% of the problem would have been solved. But, alas Miscavige’s and the Class XII heirarchy’s killing of Lisa McPherson ended that program.

Having had six years of experience watching what passes for ‘independent scientology’ outside the walls of the church, having deconstructed the subject through intensive study and practice, I have come to the conclusion that there was something even more fundamental than Training Routines and metering that needed to be addressed. It is covered in the post ‘Standard Scientology.’ Virtually every Class XII in the church at the time – those at Flag, those on the ship and those at the International base, including Senior C/S International Ray Mithof – were empowered to squirrel to their hearts’ content by none other than L. Ron Hubbard. They, much like some of the die-hard scientologists who continue to frequent this blog or have disconnected from (while claiming Miscavige is a squirrel for allegedly reinstating the disconnect policy) and declared war against me, could and did regularly come up with an LRH reference to justify just about every technical crime imaginable. And they routinely committed them. You doubt that statement? Then how could L. Ron Hubbard’s Class XII technical hierarchy from his ‘Mecca of Technical Perfection’ effectively kidnap a non compos mentis woman out of the hospital, imprison her for seventeen days, and ultimately kill her? Lisa McPherson is only one of many products of the scientology ‘Mecca of Technical Perfection’ that went mad under scientology processing there. And she was not the only one to die in the process. That is impossible in an environment that has not committed every other crime and misdemeanor routinely for quite some time. Certainly, I have made a strong case for pinning primary responsibility to Miscavige for McPherson’s fate. Just as certainly, by statistics the frequency of suicides and psychotic breaks among Flag public drastically declined after Golden Age of Tech implementation. Some might argue that that is due in large part to heightening of restrictions against people prone to psychotic breaks being allowed on church premises. Well, that is as it ought to be. Scientology is eminently unqualified to practice in the field of mental health that its founder sought to take over.

In either event, Miscavige attempted to solve the problem by bypassing the Class XIIs lack of responsibility and understanding by making everything rote for them. He was precluded by Hubbard policy from doing the type of radical, fundamental compilation the subject requires. That is, compilation of what ‘to do’, instead of what ‘not to do’, and communication of it in plain English. He tried all manner of tweaking in order to overcome the inherent confusion of millions of words of dianetics and scientology trial and error, none of which could ever be accurately labeled as ‘background’, ‘historic’, or ‘no longer used’ because of firm policy prohibiting that. And so he attempted to covertly do so through the via of hundreds of packs of drills – heralded as the Golden Age of Tech. That effort provided endless fodder for organization-spurned scientologists. A wave of disaffected scientologists arose, seizing on the fact of organizational revision to justify their continuing loyalty to their own interpretations of Hubbard’s incomprehensible – conflicting evolutions and devolutions must all be accepted as Gospel – body of work. Certainly, I exacerbated that prairie fire with my continuing loyalty to Ron Hubbard.

Miscavige became increasingly frustrated as his new Age resulted in continuation of declining delivery and income statistics. At some point he apparently threw up his hands in disgust and decided ‘to hell with it, you all listen to everything Ron said and sort it out for yourselves.’ Hence, ‘Golden Age of Knowledge.’ Given scientology’s unalterable policies forbidding any sort of rational compilation, it was not a wholly irrational measure. It took something like that for me – done on my own – to fully appreciate what is effective and what is not and what is destructive in the legacy Hubbard left behind. But, I am not bound – as all those considering themselves scientologists are – to submit to allegedly more informed, or more ‘with Ron’ or more ‘ethical’ or more ordained scientologists’ arrogant enforcement of Hubbard’s other writings outlawing such understanding and subsequent application. It should be noted that that arbitrary, arrogant policing priesthood too was created by Hubbard and invested with paramilitary powers.

I have yet to review the second major phase of re-compilation heralded as Golden Age of Tech II. It is possible some of the thorough re-compilation I have noted here that is required was assayed with that. Given the continuing absurd lust for lucre apparent in scientology promotions and the terroristic and counter-productive ways in which the organization continues to spend the take, it does not seem very likely to me that the job was approached with a motivation approximating that required to do an effective job. Moreover, as my next book will explain in some detail, the better the job in enforcing ‘standard’ is ultimately a better job at enforcing mental imprisonment. In that regard, habitually lamenting the alleged colossal balls up of Golden Age Of Tech II is a disservice, keeping potentially recovering scientologists caught in the paralyzing cognitive dissonance that something can be done to salvage something that if done more ‘standardly’ will only serve to entrap more people.

Even if Golden Age of Tech II were effective, however, it is likely doomed in the longer track of scientology. That is because if it was effectively done, some bands of true believer scientologists in the future will no doubt ‘discover’ the grotesque violation of fundamental scientology tenets prohibiting such bold compilations. In fact, some have already figured out how to make a living by condemning it sight unseen; a practice that capitalizes on keeping potentially recovering scientologists locked into a cognitively dissonant state of false hope. All of this continuous, finger-pointing nonsense is one of the many inevitable pitfalls of converting a purported ‘modern science of mental health’ psychotherapy into a religion. It is ordained by a system whose most advanced levels teach that ‘standard technology’ can only be realized by ‘commanding’ acolytes and not by appealing to ‘reason.’ It too is inevitable given the facts spelled out in Standard Scientology.

My sincere advice to any people still caught in this vicious circle is to move on.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Re: Mark 'Marty Rathbun: Scientology is unqualified to practice in field of mental he

Marty Rathbun said:
I have written earlier that had the XII’s remained in boot camp with me to learn communication training routines the hard way and how to naturally and accurately handle a meter I believed that 90% of the problem would have been solved. But, alas Miscavige’s and the Class XII heirarchy’s killing of Lisa McPherson ended that program.

Oups! :blush:

A little shift here ????? back to old pattern ????

:confused2:

This probably explain a previous mysticial nebulous post!

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Mark 'Marty Rathbun: Scientology is unqualified to practice in field of mental he

WOW! This ought to send out some shockwaves.

Edit: Never mind, the people who would be shocked don't read Marty's blog anymore. Dissing LRH is just "entheta" to be ignored. He dissed LRH in his "Standard Scientology" post earlier.

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Expect an unprecedented order of magnitude of thetaness fast reply
from the KSW ethical planetary Patrol!
:biggrin:

Last edited:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Interesting to watch Marty's evolution from true-believer to realizing that, instead of "fixing" people's crazy, scientology MAKES people crazy -- even, and especially, as it is practiced outside the CoS.

I think he deserves a little love for this. I wish him and his family well in their new scientology-free life.

Next thing ya know, he'll find something more fun to write about and can sum up his views on scientology with these few words, first uttered by one or more of the apostates who frequent this site:

THE TEK IS DREK.

Elronius of Marcabia

Hey I'm new here so maybe shouting revelations from on high others have already had and
much before this Marty fella is just daily routine here ? :confused2::coolwink:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Hey I'm new here so maybe shouting revelations from on high others have already had and
much before this Marty fella is just daily routine here ? :confused2::coolwink:
I think there are several reasons for this.

First, Marty was very high in the COS. For awhile he was considered No. 2 in the hierarchy, after DM, if I'm not mistaken.

Secondly, Marty was instrumental in recent years in the creation (or at least high visibility, big-pr re-branding from "Freezone") of the Independent Scientology movement.

Third, it is apparent to those of us who been watching that Marty strived mightily to salvage something good from Scientology. He abandoned the Admin Tech. He abandoned KSW (leading to what I at the time referred to as the "KSW Wars"). Etc. At each step, he was attacked by more fundamentalist Indies for being out-KSW. It was a long, dare I say gradient, process, and Marty was metaphorically and intellectually kicking and screaming all of the way. It was interesting, and dare I say educational, to watch.

Fourth, for literally years people have watched Marty's very public evolution. Indeed, I'm not aware of anyone whose evolution from corporate COS Scientologist to Freezoner / Independent Scientologist to Non-Scientologist was publicly documented, by themselves, on the web in real time for all to see, for YEARS -- whether Marty intended that or not.

Did I read that correctly? The tech was bad, Hubbard was bad, the class 12s were bad, the interactions between them caused more badness and of course DM was bad.
But Marty wasn't bad.
Is that it?

Elronius of Marcabia

I think there are several reasons for this.

First, Marty was very high in the COS. For awhile he was considered No. 2 in the hierarchy, after DM, if I'm not mistaken.

Secondly, Marty was instrumental in recent years in the creation (or at least high visibility, big-pr re-branding from "Freezone") of the Independent Scientology movement.

Third, it is apparent to those of us who been watching that Marty strived mightily to salvage something good from Scientology. He abandoned the Admin Tech. He abandoned KSW (leading to what I at the time referred to as the "KSW Wars"). Etc. At each step, he was attacked by more fundamentalist Indies for being out-KSW. It was a long, dare I say gradient, process, and Marty was metaphorically and intellectually kicking and screaming all of the way. It was interesting, and dare I say educational, to watch.

Fourth, for literally years people have watched Marty's very public evolution. Indeed, I'm not aware of anyone whose evolution from corporate COS Scientologist to Freezoner / Independent Scientologist to Non-Scientologist was publicly documented, by themselves, on the web in real time for all to see, for YEARS -- whether Marty intended that or not.

first thanks for the headsup :) and second apolgys to Marty he's not posting it here, its a repost from his page.

so its sort of celebrity thing then, he's the Infamous#2 man to the midget DM:omg:
:melodramatic:

I only checkup on $cio every ten years or so, I'll get caught up soon:coolwink:

Lone Star

Crusader

Did I read that correctly? The tech was bad, Hubbard was bad, the class 12s were bad, the interactions between them caused more badness and of course DM was bad.
But Marty wasn't bad.
Is that it?

That's correct. Marty was above it all just hoping that his pureness would rubb off and save the day. But alas.....:melodramatic:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

But Marty wasn't bad.
Is that it?

You got it. "I tried to save it all, but THEY got in my way. It would have been Pure and Workable if they just let me handle it! Only I know the CORRECT tech solution!"

:duh::duh::duh:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

You got it. "I tried to save it all, but THEY got in my way. It would have been Pure and Workable if they just let me handle it! Only I know the CORRECT tech solution!"

I thought the correct tech solution was to wipe your ass with the pages... :yes:

That's correct. Marty was above it all just hoping that his pureness would rubb off and save the day. But alas.....:melodramatic:

Thanks, because I thought that if the class 12s were all nuts and DM was all fucked up, and EVEN LRH GOT IT ALL WRONG!, that scientology's little crim leg breaker might have had some of that rub off on him. I feel so embarrassed. :redface:

Obligatory nod to Marty's decompression goes here:______________________sincerely.

tetloj

Not sure if Marty is one-step-forward-two-steps-back, or two-steps-forward-one-step-back :confused2:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

. . .

attachment.php

I love this shoop!
Artsy work!

ESMB got talents!:yes:

Last edited:

tetloj

Have to share this from Espiando at the Bunker - if only for the Space Balls reference (link is only to the article - can't pick up the comment link from this PC currently)

No, he hasn’t gone back to the dark side. This is a brilliantly-expressed Fuck You to both CoS and the Indies, especially Milestone Two. It’s sticking the knife in further after the backstab of the last essay. In fact, it’s a body blow to the Indies. The logic goes like this:
1) There are major things wrong with the technical practice of Scientology as Hubbard conceived it.
2) Indies do not recognize #1.
3) DM does recognize it, but his hands are tied in how far he can change it so that it might work.
4) GAT, GAK, and GAT 2: Electric Boogaloo were attempts to change things, but they all ran up against the brick wall of Hubbard’s insane declarations.
5) Even so, those changes were still too radical for the sheeple, who left in droves after each.
6) The things that are wrong with Scientology Tech are still there, even after all those changes.
7) Indies are too hung up on declaring things squirrel, when everything is squirrel anyway, even Hubbard, so why not try experimenting?
He has finally reached the Dark Helmet Cognition: he now realizes he is surrounded by assholes

Kemist

Patron with Honors

But Marty wasn't bad.
Is that it?

Yes.

And you should feel bad. :p

feelBad.jpg