Mark 'Marty' Rathbun: Standard Scientology

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do I smell settlement?

If your will to continue the fight is based on the concept of personal integrity derived from a subject now viewed as without basis, do you jettison the concept and quit the fight?

Do you see your diminished following undermining your role as an excuse to throw up your hands and say, "fuck 'em all. I'm going to Tahiti!?"

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Do I smell settlement?

If your will to continue the fight is based on the concept of personal integrity derived from a subject now viewed as without basis, do you jettison the concept and quit the fight?

Do you see your diminished following undermining your role as an excuse to throw up your hands and say, "fuck 'em all. I'm going to Tahiti!?"

There is no difference between a TRIAL and a SETTLEMENT.

Both have the same goal.

Resolution by distribution of money.

That's all a "settlement" is---an early resolution.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
dankoon | August 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm | Reply

And yet somehow, the Clearing Course is still the Clearing Course.

martyrathbun09 | August 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm | Reply

Yes, it is. And to think people still consider thirty years after the experiencing of it that all of it was implanted by external forces. That’s some serious Stickum, man.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Marty Rathbun said:
Exacerbating the confusion is that many of the methods Ron educates his followers on as the mechanics intentionally used to control and damage the mind are simultaneously employed by him to do precisely that to his followers. It is diabolical in that the follower having been educated by Ron on those mental entrapment techniques would then never guess they would be used on the follower. You wind up with the curious phenomenon of apparently sincere people devoting their lives to vehemently defending their own entrapment.

Well well well. Marty finally gets it. Elcon's $cientology is cultist psychological manipulation. An auspicious cult recovery culmination, Marty.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If Marty can, Tom can and Kirstie can and J.Travolta can.
I think they have to be beat up by a dwarf a coupla times.
Is that their first step?

LOL

Funny thought!

But, then I paused and wondered (again) what actually would press the cult ejector button for Cruise, Travolta and Allay?

Drawing from experience and widely available history on the COS and many other cults, you actually put your finger right on the button.

When a cult member is attacked by their own cult (using the identical attach tech that the cult member has joyfully applied to others) then they are stopped in their tracks and typically cognite in a few minutes: "Fuck that shit!"

It's what blew Marty out of the cockpit. When he and his friends were beaten up.

It's what blew Lisa Marie out. When her "BFFs" were revealed to be cult handlers manipulating her every move.

It's what blew all those other elite-SO-turned-autobiographers out of Int Base (Marc Headley, Debbie Cook, Amy Scobee, Nancy Many, Jeff Hawkins, et al)

It's the same lesson that every crush-regged, fair-gamed, disconnected Scientologist learns just before they blow out of sheer self-preservation; that the tech eventually destroys everyone from the bottom to the very top of L. Ron Hubbard's food chain, himself included. It's a pervasively destructive, cannibalizing cult that sucks the life out of everything and everyone within its gravitational orbit.

Just to be clear, let's use another example for a moment. How did the largest MAFIA collapse in history occur? It was caused by the same phenomenon--a high ranking mafia member learning of "senior management's" (i.e. John Gotti) trashing them and plotting their demise. In Gotti's case, the FBI had obtained hundreds of hours of surveillance audio which they were not shy about playing for Mafia thug #2, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano who was the underboss to Gotti and his closest friend. When Sammy heard (and realized) that he was no exception to the list of people the boss despised and likely would soon whack out, he did the unforgivable, turning states witness. And he literally knew where all the bodies were buried, having carried out a couple dozen murders himself at the behest of the mob's or his own money-centric crime rackets.

If Travolta or Cruise heard or saw videotape of Miscavige reading their pc folder aloud, laughing and "degrading" them to other Sea Org members, they might pack up and head over the psychologically inward facing barbs surrounding Scientology celebs. I cannot believe the reason they stay is other than the abject terror they contemplate when considering what kind of damage Miscavige can do to their careers, reputations and life if he leaks their session withholds. I honestly think it's that simple and their cognitive dissonance kicks into a hyper-gear to prevent even thinking about that.

Leland

Crusader
LOL

Funny thought!

But, then I paused and wondered (again) what actually would press the cult ejector button for Cruise, Travolta and Allay?

Drawing from experience and widely available history on the COS and many other cults, you actually put your finger right on the button.

When a cult member is attacked by their own cult (using the identical attach tech that the cult member has joyfully applied to others) then they are stopped in their tracks and typically cognite in a few minutes: "Fuck that shit!"

It's what blew Marty out of the cockpit. When he and his friends were beaten up.

It's what blew Lisa Marie out. When her "BFFs" were revealed to be cult handlers manipulating her every move.

It's what blew all those other elite-SO-turned-autobiographers out of Int Base (Marc Headley, Debbie Cook, Amy Scobee, Nancy Many, Jeff Hawkins, et al)

It's the same lesson that every crush-regged, fair-gamed, disconnected Scientologist learns just before they blow out of sheer self-preservation; that the tech eventually destroys everyone from the bottom to the very top of L. Ron Hubbard's food chain, himself included. It's a pervasively destructive, cannibalizing cult that sucks the life out of everything and everyone within its gravitational orbit.

Just to be clear, let's use another example for a moment. How did the largest MAFIA collapse in history occur? It was caused by the same phenomenon--a high ranking mafia member learning of "senior management's" (i.e. John Gotti) trashing them and plotting their demise. In Gotti's case, the FBI had obtained hundreds of hours of surveillance audio which they were not shy about playing for Mafia thug #2, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano who was the underboss to Gotti and his closest friend. When Sammy heard (and realized) that he was no exception to the list of people the boss despised and likely would soon whack out, he did the unforgivable, turning states witness. And he literally knew where all the bodies were buried, having carried out a couple dozen murders himself at the behest of the mob's or his own money-centric crime rackets.

If Travolta or Cruise heard or saw videotape of Miscavige reading their pc folder aloud, laughing and "degrading" them to other Sea Org members, they might pack up and head over the psychologically inward facing barbs surrounding Scientology celebs. I cannot believe the reason they stay is other than the abject terror they contemplate when considering what kind of damage Miscavige can do to their careers, reputations and life if he leaks their session withholds. I honestly think it's that simple and their cognitive dissonance kicks into a hyper-gear to prevent even thinking about that.

Thanks HH. You hit the nail on the head. This is exactly what made me push the eject button. :)

guanoloco

As-Wased

If Marty can, Tom can and Kirstie can and J.Travolta can.
I think they have to be beat up by a dwarf a coupla times.
Is that their first step?

That seems to be the pattern. It seems to take Scientology's wonderful "justice" and "ethics" tech, that wonderful double barrel pointed right at you, to jolt one out of the rat wheel of Ron's "Bridge".

Until that time...pass the cheese.

Free Being Me

Crusader
LOL

Funny thought!

Precisely. Each $cientologist is indoctrinated to "handle" the other $cientologist when Elcon group-think wavers. What $cientologists call "handling" is what is commonly known as psy-ops.

BunnySkull

Ex-Scientologists too. LOL

In that case:

Marty, congratulations!

You have only 2 steps remaining on your onion-peeling journey out of the COS (Crimewave of Scientology).

1. Complete the next step of your Liability Formula by making up the damage. Suggested amends project: At your own expense, order 3 rolls of toilet paper for each of Scientology's 10,000 orgs and missions. Avoiding detection, install said rolls in org bathrooms, after having them imprinted with your previously posted "An Ode to L. Ron Hubbard".

2. Petition for re-entry to the group of Ex-Scientologists on ESMB by apologizing for previously declaring them all to be "punks", "low-toned", "haters" and "1.1s". (things like that are easy to forgive, but not to forget)

Per standard tech, I will now add the missing mass of #1 above. :hattip:

Incidently that infamous poem was mentioned by a commentor on Marty's blog today, Murray who announced his independence on Marty's blog in early 2010 had this to say:

My wife and I have read your books and loved them. I had many high points reading your blog especially when you realized the independents were as nuts as the Church Scientologist. Let me tell you my low point on your blog which I think we can all laugh at now. It was the “Ode to Ron” made me and my family lose our lunch. Its been almost 5 years now since we left the Church on your Blog and my family have all moved on from being “Scientologists."

ea461fa2-a93c-4558-8588-c130f20c5c0f_zps218d4abb.png
[/QUOTE]

guanoloco

As-Wased
Damn...this sucks!!

No more Odes to Ron and, now, I've got a sinking suspicion that Battlefield Earth II is NOT going to be made and released.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was convinced a year or two back that we were witnessing the birth of a new cult. The comments were getting more and more into agreement. It was quite disturbing.
I wonder if this also contributed to the start of the end of his affection for sci and Hubbard.

tetloj

Incidently that infamous poem was mentioned by a commentor on Marty's blog today, Murray who announced his independence on Marty's blog in early 2010 had this to say:

Yes, truly ode-ious. I sincerely hope Marty can laugh about this. He has worked very hard in coming around, fighting not only his programming, but being brave enough to go back on some very public statements. Very well done, indeed. :clap:

guanoloco

As-Wased
I was convinced a year or two back that we were witnessing the birth of a new cult. The comments were getting more and more into agreement. It was quite disturbing.
I wonder if this also contributed to the start of the end of his affection for sci and Hubbard.

I remember one poster talking about how we should just trust Ron and not question motives because Ron cared and loved us sooooo much and him being all theta and all that and Marty actually said something to the affect that a person should question. I wish I could find that post now as it really illustrates the cognitive dissonance that seems to be the latest buzz word as well as showing the first cracks in Marty's PR.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Just to be clear, let's use another example for a moment. How did the largest MAFIA collapse in history occur?

HH, this is for you . . . my husband said you would get it,
being a knowledgeable Mafia fanboy apparently. :biggrin:

Marty just pulled a Gotti over on his site today. That is, dispensing with his "boss."

paul.jpg

guanoloco

As-Wased
Once Marty crosses that chasm of no longer wanting to defend Hubbard or promote Scientology in spite of wogs I bet he's in the position to cause some serious damage. Like someone stated before he knows where the bodies are buried.

It should be mentioned here that if Scientology worked Ron would've experienced improved ethics and health instead of the deterioration that he suffered.

JustSheila

Crusader
It's always entertaining to watch Marty Rathbun's ups and downs and struggles in his verbose fashion (thanks so much for the highlighting so I didn't have to tread through the torrent of endless, useless, excessive words and again send him a PM to read "The Elements of Style" by Strunk and White and get a nasty, offended email back for my honest effort to help him write better), but I'm with Emma. I couldn't care less about Scientology.

No shit.