ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Marty: A Talk To OSA Staff (video)

Discussion in 'MartyWorld' started by OperatingSP, Oct 26, 2012.

1. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

RIGHT!!!??? I can barely stand it over there.. I got a major confirmation that they are his leader and he loves the role when he posted this video on September 28th to his blog. Seriously, they have some major hero worship going on over there. :bowdown: So much that a few online friends take turns reading it and just make each other aware if/when something is good enough to go over and get sticky sweet marshmallow mind melt with all the Marty praise bombing. :puke:

[video=youtube;Yt1vQ81jNWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yt1vQ81jNWw[/video]

2. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Some background information here.

3. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

That's a fabulous film :)

4. Goodbye

Goodbye Patron with Honors

If you build a somewhat different car without Henry's approval it's not a Ford. Could have called it Robertsonology partially based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard or something like that.

Neither HCOPL 9 Feb 79 II How To Defeat Verbal Tech Checklist nor HCOPL 16 Apr 65 I The Hidden Data Line call for the psychic channeling of tech from spaceships to one particular individual, hence the tech purity issues.

Although the term FREEZONE was incepted by Robertson, it's come to come mean a broader definition. Have a boo here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Zone_%28Scientology%29

No shortage of what could be considered squirrels within the Indie movement either. Semantics only.

5. MissWog

MissWog Silver Meritorious Patron

Oh I agree and I love it also.. it just felt like it was Viva Marty in the comments section that day. All of the Indies singing to shut up the Nazi Co$.. Marty was playing Bogart.. at least that was my take away that day to that blog post

6. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Thanks for the link. You might find this one of interest.

7. loose cannon

loose cannon Patron with Honors

8. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

9. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

I'm referring to a comment by Mike Rinder on Marty's blog recently. I looked pretty hard for it but managed to not find it after a considerable amount of time. Basically, Mike was saying that he and the Indies had given up a ton of evidence that the Hole exists, but the FBI can't act on that information unless they have probable cause to believe that someone is being held against their will right at the moment.

This is similar to the polygamist raids in Texas. The rumors about underage marriages and underage sex were not actionable until they had probable cause to believe that someone wanted out right at the moment they raided. Granted, that was based on a prank, but at least they were acting in good faith when they raided the place.

Edit - you said one way or the other - here is the link to Tony's blog where the FBI agent played possum:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/scientology_fbi_investigation_over.php

And here is the link for the New Yorker article where the FBI strongly suggested that they had people infiltrating the cult and working undercover:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/02/14/110214fa_fact_wright

So combining these two articles and a hunch, I tend not to believe that any investigation was ever really completely over.

My comment above was strictly about The Hole and raiding Int Base over concerns that people are being held against their will. I wasn't trying to rehash what happened in the 70's, which I agree was based on a completely legal raid where they had probable cause.

First off, when it comes to Marty, I won't believe it til I see it. Kinda like Donald Trump and Gloria Allred both made the collective U.S. electorate yawn last week.

That said, I tend to agree that Marty probably doesn't know what he is doing, but he's got a former OSA enforcer to advise him (Mike Rinder). I would give Mike a bit more credit than that.

Also, just based on the way that they managed to win over Ray Jeffrey (have you read the PI suit filings about "Miscavige the usurper"?), I think that they are becoming more coordinated and thoughtful in their attacks. That doesn't mean that I am convinced that they have turned over anything worthwhile or actionable to the FBI.

Whether I believe that they know things that are worthwhile and actionable are another story. Especially that former OSA enforcer. It so happens that I think that they are so concerned with not besmirching the good name of Saint ElRon that they are holding back. I don't even think that they would necessarily hold back out of self-protection at this point - there are ways to spin your own deeds. I just think that they are want to save Saint ElRon's [STRIKE]Dreck[/STRIKE] Tech and have something to take over when the dwarf finally does a perp walk or drinks himself to death.

10. Boomima

Boomima Patron with Honors

His comments on Mayo alone are reason enough to disregard anything that Marty says. Mayo never tried to start a cult of personality with himself at the center. He's got more integrity (and a firmer grasp on reality) than Marty can ever imagine.

I would bet that Marty and Mike know nothing about what the FBI is going to do or not do. Someday, the press will not run to Marty for an opinion about Scientology. I think the lack of attention might be more than Marty can bear.

11. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

I'm sure you're right.

12. Krautfag

Krautfag Patron Meritorious

Well, this just now was seven minutes of my life I never gonna get back.

Marty needs to use make-up when he uses lighting for his vids, he looks pale and sick if he doesn't. Funny, that is the only interesting thing I can remember from those seven minutes.

13. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

14. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

exactly right. Marty was not for any sort of "reform" until HE lost.

15. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Kind of like a 'death bed conversion'.

16. Andtheyalllived

Andtheyalllived Patron with Honors

This is my first post, and it's just to stand in public awe and gratitude. Lurked for months on every forum, trying to get educated... For awhile thought some people were (like You) kinda cynical. Now that I know the bullshit you witness and respond to repeatedly, I will kindly STFU and let the soldier do her work. You're one step ahead of a lot of us. May I polish your gun? Thanks for the link and everything else.

17. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

You too eh, I have a helluva time watching his stuff because I keep thinking about Bill Murry the vet ranting to himself while making c-4 squirrels (gophers whatever) in that scene from Caddy Shack, and once I start laughtering that's it, am done :p

18. poppy

poppy Patron

I got 2 mins in to this video, "I'm flourishing & prospering, we are fourishing & prospering..." bla bla bla. I remember my knees banging together out of fear when he screamed his head off at me along with about 5/6 other int execs, all against one 17 year old girl. So macho!

Can't watch anymore

19. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Welcome to the forum :)

20. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

I'm genuinely sorry you (or anyone else) ever had to experience such a thing. :rose:

No question about it. Rathbun is an @$$hole. Nor is he by any means unique among scientology management in possessing that character trait.

Mark A. Baker