What's new

Marty admits Hubbard`s history is a crock...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Excellent summation!

What Marty doesn't explain is why Hubbard himself never corrected the church when it included all his "metaphors", "ironies" and "allegories" in their official biography of him. What would be Marty's explanation of that?

Bill

That's easy.

It's because all those inaccuracies were promoted about LRH, after he already was in Phase II and before he later assigned them Danger and had to come back and by-pass them.

See? It was just a little glitch in time--where Ron got caught in the cracks--because he had so far outdistanced his fellow humans that he had to come back down to the lowly MEST level to see what terrible mistakes they had been making in his absence.

It's one of those super cool, super OT things about Ron. If anyone else made a mistake like printing lies in all those hundreds of millions of promo pieces, they would have been promptly Com Ev'd for High Crimes and shot from cannons.

But, when Ron goofs the floof, it's totally different. Wait a second, actually it's not different at all! People still get Com Ev'd for High Crimes and shot from cannons. LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

You have to admit Marty's new stable datum is as clever as it is all-encompassing:

When Hubbard says something that can be disproved, he is clearly speaking metaphorically, or ironically. People who misrepresent this as blatant lying are deliberately trying to besmirch his good name.​

Doesn't that cover all eventualities?

(That's the closest I could get to an ugly font colour. Comic Sans MS seemed appropriate too.)

Paul

Nice post!

"That's the closest I could get to an ugly font color."

Often turning Hubbard's words brown seems quite appropriate. It is a metaphorical motif that suggests both Ron's brown-on-white tech and the eager Scientologists who study it whilst keeping their chromatically compromised collective nose to the grindstone.

Veda

Sponsor
You have to admit Marty's new stable datum is as clever as it is all-encompassing:

When Hubbard says something that can be disproved, he is clearly speaking metaphorically, or ironically. People who misrepresent this as blatant lying are deliberately trying to besmirch his good name.​

Doesn't that cover all eventualities?

(That's the closest I could get to an ugly font colour. Comic Sans MS seemed appropriate too.)

Paul

Yep. And Scientology has been doing this sort of thing for a long time.

It's not new.

Backtracking somewhat, for over a decade now, Dan Sherman has been hosting special for-members-only LRH PR Events. Is this video, or these videos, part of that for-members-only presentation? I don't want to go back and revisit the fog of Miscavige&Rathbun right now. That's why I'm asking.

There really isn't a lot of difference between Rathbun's views on Hubbard and Miscavige's views on Hubbard, except for a slight difference in presentation tactics.

The "handlings," that have been used by Scientology lawyers, PRs, etc., for decades have been:

1) You're taking that out of context

2) It wasn't meant to be taken literally. You're too literal minded.

3) It was a joke. Where's your sense of humor?

4) That's a forged document.

5) Did you go by a word you didn't understand?

6) Your petty complaints are irrelevant. Mr. Hubbard gave Mankind the Bridge to Total Freedom, etc.

7) (Used by a famous Freezoner) There is no one of sufficient stature on this planet to stand in judgement of L. Ron Hubbard.

And the list goes on.

Right now, Marty seems to be working on #2.

We'll have to wait until his book comes out to see the full splendor of his effort to salvage the good name of L. Ron Hubbard.

An indication of what's awaiting us might be found in his 'Ode to L. Ron Hubbard', perhaps toned down slightly for us lower awareness level Wogs, etc.

From 1985, featuring ex-official biographer Omar Garrison, CofS PR person Heber Jentzsch, and Scientology attorney Earl Cooley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Drk3eVQSg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excellent summation!

What Marty doesn't explain is why Hubbard himself never corrected the church when it included all his "metaphors", "ironies" and "allegories" in their official biography of him. What would be Marty's explanation of that?

Bill

Yep, that's an excellent summation by Paul and your points are well taken. :yes:

When I was in the "Inner Circle" on the Apollo there was a special El Ron Image Program, ordered and approved by Hisself, and being run by Laurel Watson (Sullivan), LRH Pers PRO. One of the Project Orders from the Program assigned to Cathy Cariotaki to "acquire" "replacements" for all El Ron's WWII Heroism Medals that had "inadvertently been lost" over the years. The list was quite extensive and the project entailed having folks at RONY (Relay Office New York) and FOLO WUS scour Navy Surplus stores, Pawn Shops, etc. to purchase the "replacements" and, failing that, to locate a jeweler, craftsman or company that could and would "duplicate" them.

When I learned of the Project it caught my attention and I added it to my then small, but slowly growing, pile of WTF's. How could the meticulous, mega OT El Ron have misplaced or lost the stuff--he still had his Explorers Club Ring and a whole bunch of other less important or significant trinkets and baubles from the 30’s and 40’s--and, if El Ron had, why was it so important to Hisself to have these and why not contact the Department of the Navy?

IIRC, I'm not the only person that has revealed this on the Net. As we all now know, El Ron was not a "Highly Decorated" Naval Officer. Now that Spinnin' Marty has embarked on the task of explaining all the lies of El Ron's past as being the fault of others, perhaps he can take a little time to explain just why El Ron wanted to acquire the "lost" Medals and Ribbons Hisself had never been awarded. :coolwink:

Face :)

Last edited:
How much longer could Marty keep pretending that Hubbard was something other than a conman?
]
What other option did he have than to just avoid discussing Hubbard's past altogether.

and when it's unavoidable then blame the embellishments on his own private little 'Xenu' aka David Miscavige.

Personally I found Hubbard's imaginary evil Psych version of Xenu more interesting than Marty Rahtbun's version of Xenu.

The demise of the universe at the hands of an intergalactic warlord blowing up people in volcanos is a little plausible than the demise of the universe because of a cat-fight between a midget cult leader and his former waterboy.

Veda

Sponsor
How much longer could Marty keep pretending that Hubbard was something other than a conman?

What other option did he have than to just avoid discussing Hubbard's past altogether.

-snip-

That's not what Marty is doing, but nevermind... :eyeroll:

The companion thread to this one:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26776-L-Ron-Hubbard-Saves-The-World!!1!!

'Ode to L. Ron Hubbard' by Marty Rathbun

You said your legacy would be the tech
but the dictator said otherwise
and the church began its demise
and hurt came to those who would object

You said there was no hidden data line
but the dictator said he knew better
and burned all of your policy letters
and the church went into long term decline

You said the tech was timeless and free
but the dictator wanted power and cash
and made your truth a confusing hash
and status and greed replaced the state of OT

You acknowledged the loyalty of your gracious wife
but the dictator used her as a stepping stone
and she died forgotten, friendless and alone
and thus he erased your dear Manuela from your life

You raised three fine children and one who died too soon
but the dictator wanted them forgotten too
and your progeny turned from sunshine to blue
and the many who loved you wept under a sorrowful moon

You had faith that your friends would make it come out right
but the dictator mis-used your treasure to enervate them
and black dianetics, reverse scientology internecine mayhem
and with violence did he destroy their willingness to fight

You said only truth could penetrate thick armor plate
and though the dictator protested this fact
it was your ace in the hole that has our back
and everyday now more are working to reverse your fate

And alas, it may take time and a perilous struggle
but we assure you it is too late to reverse our tide
you’ve got friends to the end of time on your side
and come hell or high water we’ll emerge from this jungle

Because we know you were right that the truth shall set us free
and that is one thing no dictator will ever take away
it will be your real friends standing at the end of day
humanity freed, the only proper acknowledgment of thee

[video]http://youtu.be/Cf48HuhaoF0[/video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1-6I-d4jK0

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
LRH Pers PRO. One of the Project Orders from the Program assigned to Cathy Cariotaki to "acquire" "replacements" for all El Ron's WWII Heroism Medals that had "inadvertently been lost" over the years. The list was quite extensive and the project entailed having folks at RONY (Relay Office New York) and FOLO WUS scour Navy Surplus stores, Pawn Shops, etc. to purchase the "replacements" and, failing that, to locate a jeweler, craftsman or company that could and would "duplicate" them.

Just in from Marty:
Clearly the staff at LRH Pers Pro took Ron too literally.
Ron wanted props for one of his metaphorical lectures
Ron was shouting for his meds and there was a transcription error.

Choose whatever makes your space feel calmer.

Sindy

Crusader

It's not new.

Backtracking somewhat, for over a decade now, Dan Sherman has been hosting special for-members-only LRH PR Events. Is this video, or these videos, part of that for-members-only presentation? I don't want to go back and revisit the fog of Miscavige&Rathbun right now. That's why I'm asking.

There really isn't a lot of difference between Rathbun's views on Hubbard and Miscavige's views on Hubbard, except for a slight difference in presentation tactics.

The "handlings," that have been used by Scientology lawyers, PRs, etc., for decades have been:

6) Your petty complaints are irrelevant. Mr. Hubbard gave Mankind the Bridge to Total Freedom, etc.

7) (Used by a famous Freezoner) There is no one of sufficient stature on this planet to stand in judgement of L. Ron Hubbard.

And the list goes on.

We'll have to wait until his book comes out to see the full splendor of his effort to salvage the good name of L. Ron Hubbard.

An indication of what's awaiting us might be found in his 'Ode to L. Ron Hubbard', perhaps toned down slightly for us lower awareness level Wogs, etc.

From 1985, featuring ex-official biographer Omar Garrison, CofS PR person Heber Jentzsch, and Scientology attorney Earl Cooley:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Drk3eVQSg&feature=player_embedded

People make similar statements regarding the Bible. Marty, the Indies, Freezoners, etc. are no different from any other dogmatic religious group that twists doctrine to suit their agendas.

I suppose Marty is the only one in the world that doesn't suffer from cognitive dissonance? The mental gymnastics that he must go through, to make the statements that he does, are obvious to (almost) all -- except him.

Feral

Rogue male
This is Marty's take on the LRH anecdotes on the taped lectures;

As any intelligent student of Scientology knows, one of Hubbard’s virtues is his story telling ability. He can lecture for one hour on the subject of a simple principle; and he can tell a number of colorful stories and anecdotes to get the audience to view it from a number of angles to the point where they can understand the principle conceptually. Of course, we also know that Hubbard has done that literally thousands of times and it was all recorded for posterity.

I see it differently, having read the "affirmations" and his letter to Polly, what I see is him promoting and strengthening his own position as a Godlike being as the main topic of the lecture. Why do I think that? Mostly because the anecdotes were rarely connected to the basic principles that the tape was allegedly about.They were more often about how clever Ron was.

Over the last few years I've concluded to my own satisfaction that a low grade conversational hypnosis was taking place.

A good example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XMNsDYlBeM

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I think you are spot on, Kevin, and that is the reason that we are and will continue to observe the collapse of Scientology over coming years, and why I have little anxiety about Marty and the many nutty sychophants that want to follow and worship him.

Hubbard knew about the the hypnotic arts and was I would say, quite adept at using this stuff, I don-t think he passed it onto Miscavige, and Marty I feel just did not and does not get what scientology is really about, fair dues to him in that he feels that he can help people with it. He may do some good to one or two people and keep a lot of other indies thinking that they are effective and useful.

I actually don't know if that is a good or a bad thing.

This is Marty's take on the LRH anecdotes on the taped lectures;

I see it differently, having read the "affirmations" and his letter to Polly, what I see is him promoting and strengthening his own position as a Godlike being as the main topic of the lecture. Why do I think that? Mostly because the anecdotes were rarely connected to the basic principles that the tape was allegedly about.They were more often about how clever Ron was.

Over the last few years I've concluded to my own satisfaction that a low grade conversational hypnosis was taking place.

A good example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XMNsDYlBeM

How about he was simply an hyper-active self-promoter; a significant fault certainly but one which is extremely common generally and especially in marketing centered societies like the west.

Mark A. Baker

HelluvaHoax!

--snip--

"On the 19th of February, 2010 I attested to OTVII. When Pierre asked if I would like to attest, I felt the burden of millions of years of enslavement finally lift from my shoulders..."

FREE SANITY SURVEY: The following is a one-shot questionnaire that you can use to determine your exact "Mental Health". (Please re-read this Success Story and then pick the description which best matches your "reality"):

"On the 19th of February, 2010 I attested to OTVII. When Pierre asked if I would like to attest, I felt the burden of millions of years of enslavement finally lift from my shoulders..."

a) This is an incredibly huge and totally theta win! [Congratulations, you are a Scientologist!]

b) I can totally have that being's success, although I myself have only had lesser orders of magnitude wins, where I felt the burden of [STRIKE]millions[/STRIKE] hundreds of thousands of years of enslavement finally lift from my shoulders. [Keep moving up your Bridge and I'll see you on the other side]

c) They sooo had me at "on the 19th of February, 2010" because like that is like totally like a date-locate exact as-isness thing*, kinda like that cool time that they gave the exact MEST date and time that Ron shed his encumbrance, or some junk! [I have an R-Factor from your C/S. If you are not yet prepared to shed your mest-meat-encumbrance, you should gradiently begin to secure your eternity by shedding your mest-money-encumbrance with the reg.]

d) Whoa! The reality of that win is not really real to me but I can't wait until my case level is up to OT so that I can blow millions of years of charge with just one question! [Yes, your reality is low, but no worries, your next 100 hours of auditing package comes with free bonus r-factors. We are more than happy to help you with your reality.]

e) I hope this not a critical thought, but when I first read that a huge burden had been lifted from their shoulders, I wondered whether Pierre had possibly been sitting on top of the pc during that reg cycle. [You are beginning to lose your faith in Scientology. Fear not and drink further from the dark elixir of J&D]

f) That whole "millions of years of enslavement" somehow reminds me of the billion year contract that Ron tricked me into signing. [You are disaffected. Check your rearview mirror and try to spot a black van following you. Those would be Scientologists who have recently done clay demos on how they will salvage and bring you to understanding once they have standardly kidnapped you. Try to lose them in traffic if you can]

g) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL [Congratulations! You are officially an ex-scientologist. Your next Bridge step is to say aloud or write what you actually think about L. Ron Hubbard and the only game in the universe where everyone wins, except everyone you know.]

* "...thus at 2000 hours, Friday, the 24th of January, AD 36, L. Ron Hubbard discarded the body he has used in this lifetime for 74 years, 10 months and 11 days.

HelluvaHoax!

It's not new.

And the list goes on.

8) Ron has been dead for 26 years. (How about showing a little respect for the dead and put in Ron's policy on Manners-- so STFU you degraded motherfucking SP cocksucker!)

randomx

Patron with Honors
A while back. (mid last year) a very trusted friend emailed me to say he had done a search of the membership records of the Explorers club (On line) and failed to find any evidence of Hubbard anywhere in their records.

Could it be that this is fake history as well ?

Maybe someone should put that to Marty now that he`s coming half clean.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A while back. (mid last year) a very trusted friend emailed me to say he had done a search of the membership records of the Explorers club (On line) and failed to find any evidence of Hubbard anywhere in their records.

Could it be that this is fake history as well ?

Maybe someone should put that to Marty now that he`s coming half clean.

Nope, sorry. Hubbard's in their list of deceased members:
http://www.explorers.org/pdf/Deceased_Members_to_20110901.pdf

Looks like he managed to con them too. :)

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rp481xX2Rw

Paul

Last edited:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
This "indie" movement will possible disintegrate with time. It's almost like Marty is deprogramming over a long period of time, but can only handle truth in small pieces. He seems to never go back to Hubbard as source of anything bad. Once he cracked that; the game is over. If we had posted what he had a couple of years ago on his forum we would have been given the boot.

This also means that his followers will start cracking one at a time.

The older Freezone movement will meander along as their members have the freedom to and often do read and believe anything they choose and several worked with Hubbard, so are quite honest about his character flaws (and sometimes their own). Marty tries to align everything with 'Miscavige'.

Marty releases every post like a new revelation, when really it is nothing more than a late cognition and a poor man's version of what the people who knew Hubbard himself can tell us. How many people's lives and families were ruined during Marty's reign in Scientology for saying the same thing?

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM is a confirmed liar, as far as LRH's good history, now.
Indies confirmed LRH's bad history. Yet none of it matters.
Since "the tech works" sometimes. I'm still confused.

Either way, can we interview some "Clears" and "OT's" now?

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Or is that a problem, somehow?!

This whole Scientology thing is getting old fast.

Someone better show some Clears and OT's, ASAP.

Just as LRH defined them new amazing states.