What's new

Marty auditing out cancer??? And with more car chases!!!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
"Leukemia is evidently psychosomatic in origin, and at least eight cases of Leukemia had been treated and treated successfully by Dianetics after medicine had given up.The source of Leukemia has been reported to be an engram containing the phrase, 'It turns my blood to water'." From the 'Journal of Scientology', 1953

Curing cancer with touch assists: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP24BIsPMPk

Roxanne Friend, 1987: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPc9hSrSD48

Stuff like this really does show what a liar and charlatan Hubbard was. Pity he escaped justice.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
What's the difference between "Corporate Radical Scientology" and Marty Rathbun's L.Ron Hubbard fetish fanclub?

Marty doesn't have shiny buildings. Yet.

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
I have given this a lot of thought, and I've come to the conclusion that I had (and have) no evidence that medical treatment was not done in conjunction with the auditing, or that Marty was doing auditing as a "treatment" for cancer, or in place, in lieu, or instead of such treatment.

Re-reading Marty's original post, my belief is that Marty performed auditing to spiritual comfort her after she went home after standard medical treatment.

As for my position generally:

I believe doing -- or accepting -- auditing in place, in lieu, or instead of standard medical treatment for cancer is non-optimal and ill-advised.

I believe convincing someone to accept auditing in place, in lieu, or instead of standard medical treatment for cancer is non-optimal and ill-advised.

I believe people have the right to make such choices, just as they have the right to refuse blood transfusions, chemotherapy, etc. for religious or other reasons.

I just don't think that is what happened here.

Finally, I have no objection to one receiving auditing in conjunction with standard (and alternative) medical treatment for cancer. On the contrary, I would support and defend their decision if that is their knowingness and/or faith. If faced with cancer, I might make the same decision.

/

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I suspect that Marty Rathbun has begun to see himself thus...
martyaschrist.jpg

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I believe in the mind making people ill. But I also believe in medicine. Both modern/conventional and alternative.

If I had cancer, I would see a doctor. I might do some other stuff, but I would see a doctor. Even if I was 100% convinced that something in my psyche had caused it.