What's new

[Marty]: DM had JB bug hotel room of MSH

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
From Marty. TL;DR version: DM, David Miscavige, had JB, John Brousseau, bug the hotel room in which MSH, Mary Sue Hubbard, was having a meeting. Also, DM issued the rule that no babies can be born to Sea Org Members while Suzette Hubbard, the daughter of L. Ron Hubbard, was pregnant and in the Sea Org.

I'm re-posting the the entire story because I think it is interesting. YMMV.

Suppression of family starting with L. Ron Hubbard’s family :
Ok, here is the beginning of my promised series connecting the dots of C of M familicide policy to its author, David Miscavige. You will get the complete story when my book is published. For now, these facts will suffice.

In 1981 Pat Broeker helped get his then-pal David Miscavige assigned to the position of Special Project Ops. As such DM was responsible for attaining an All Clear, meaning deal with the couple dozen civil suits that named LRH as a defendant, so that LRH could come to the Int Base and complete what he considered his most important final task of this lifetime. That task, direct and produce the tech films so that T.R.s and Metering could be mastered – those skills that LRH had always said would guarantee a case gain. (In a later story – or in the book – I’ll fully connect the dots so that all can see the complete Black Dianetics nature of Golden Age of Tech and all other nifty curve balls DM entered into the line up instead)

Miscavige seized on the opportunity to keep LRH off the lines and hijack the church through the power derived as serving as gate keeper for all communications to and from LRH. Broeker was in league, until LRH died and DM decided there could only be one (Kergin from Highlander, anyone?)

“All communications” included from the outset communications from L. Ron Hubbard’s wife and long-time confidante Mary Sue, as well as the rest of LRH’s family.

DM used his ONLY line early on by setting up Mary Sue as the fall woman for the lack of an All Clear. Miscavige would later brag about the “courage” it took to get Mary Sue to step down in his “one on one” encounter with her. See SP Times 1998 article The Man Behind Scientology. What Miscavige did not tell the Times was this:

Mary Sue Hubbard did not relinquish control because of Miscavige’s superior persuasion skills. She demanded that she be able to communicate to her husband. Miscavige said “no.” And there was not a single thing Mary Sue could do about it. She was defeated by the severance of the line to her husband. DM possesses the evidence of this. That is because he had JB bug the hotel room where the meeting took place. JB sat outside in a van (ala French Connection) with headphones monitoring the operation as it was recorded for posterity (without Mary Sue’s consent) onto the reel to reel recording tape.

I know everything that went down. That is because by default I became Mary Sue’s church terminal. She was so ARC broken with Miscavige, and messengers by extension, she refused to communicate with anyone from the Special Project. That was a huge flap, because her assistance as a witness was required in the litigation. Being a relatively green, amiable guy (I once was believe it or not) and non Messenger, I was elected to repair the line. And I remained in comm with Mary Sue till the quiet, sad end of her life.

Shortly thereafter, Diana Hubbard Horwich attempted to stop DM in his massacre of the mission holders. Her associates were all declared, and when she attempted to communicate what was going on to her father, her comm was cut and she was shot.

Fast forward five years.

In January 1986 Suzette Hubbard was engaged to be married to then-Marketing Exec International Guy White. Suzette’s father L. Ron Hubbard died on January 24th that same year. Suzette and Guy put off their wedding date so as to take care of LRH’s final wishes and pay their respects. However, none of LRH’s family – including Suzette – were invited to attend his final days by Pat Broeker and David Miscavige. Nor were any of them invited to his funeral and the spreading of his ashes days later.

Suzette and Guy were married on March 8th 1986. Suzette immediately became pregnant and was ordered to the International base by Miscavige.
Guy White, who was already at the base, was assigned to the RPF in the summer of that same year. At the Happy Valley locale of the Int base RPF, he joined his brother-in-law Arthur Hubbard and the only other male figure in left the family, Jon Horwich (ex-husband of Diana Hubbard and father to their daughter – Roanne).

During Suzette’s pregnancy, DM ordered published an issue stating that no babies can be born to S.O. Members. Did you get that? He put that issue out while LRH’s daughter was pregnant and in the S.O.

Tyson Hubbard White was born 9 months and 1 day after his parents were married, 9 Dec 1986.

LRH’s grand son was given a hearty welcome by DM by assigning his mother, LRH’s daughter, to the post of laundress. Her duties included, among other things, literally handling David Miscavige’s dirty laundry.

Guy White received a Board of Review that ruled his assignment to the RPF was erroneous. However, rather than returning to his post as Marketing Exec in the Office of ED Int – as is required by LRH Flag Order – he was assigned to the post of Clapper in Cine Gold. The post of Marketing Exec International was then filled by David Miscavige’s brother Ronnie. Don’t get me wrong, Ronnie was a tremendous Marketing Exec Int, but so was Guy, and the fashion in which DM cast LRH policy aside in the case of Guy White bears telling.

Guy and Suzette took family time, an S.O. tradition, either one hour before or after dinner. Even though they had been put into some of the lowest posts conceivable on the base, they found it increasingly difficult to take that one hour to be with their young son.

Tyson was being taken care of based on a personal letter earlier written to John Horwich from LRH that laid out a program for his and Diana’s daughter, Roanne. LRH referred to it as “a big program for a little princess.” The LRH Household Unit was being run on a parallel program, The Prince Program, for Tyson.
Then, an issue ordered by DM was put out that canceled Family Time for all S.O. members.

Suzette vehemently protested the issue and challenged its validity. She was told that there was nothing that could be found written by LRH covering family time. Suzette responded stating that she LIVED IT, that her father spent a minimum of an hour a day with them at Saint Hill in addition to dinner time, that the church needs to find it. We did find ample documentation that LRH ordered and enforced family time for SO families. DM ordered the evidence withheld from Suzette.

Conditions did not change. Finally, Suzette left the base with Tyson and showed up at her mother’s house for refuge never to return to the SO.
Guy left the base some months later joining up with Suzette and Tyson.

Suzette and Guy raised two other children, a daughter Alysa Marie and a second son Connor Bryce.

Now, I am not saying any existing personality is of particular significance in all this, nor that even if he or she were it would have any bearing on the route out across the Bridge. However, I cannot help but find the interesting historical parallels with the biblical times Massacre of the Innocents. You can read about it here:

Massacre of the Innocents

The media – even the best and strongest – have been backed off from exposing Miscavige. They took such a bludgeoning over the original Truth Rundown series and Anderson Cooper’s History of Violence, and continue to over at the BBC, that they have been coerced into laying off Miscavige. Not a knock on the fine gentlemen and gentlewomen who have gone through the C of M gauntlet over the past year. Quite the contrary, props to them. But, we have our own media now. And it reaches far more of those whom we’d like to reach than the largest and most prestigious of news agencies.

You want the truth?

Can you handle the truth?

You think you are entitled to the truth?

Then stayed tuned to this blog.

L. Ron Hubbard’s legacy shall be resurrected.

And L. Ron Hubbard’s family shall be vindicated.

And remember,

“Truth, though often fought, always in the end prevails.” – L. Ron Hubbard

ADDED:

California Penal Code § 632 provides:
(a) Every person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, by means of any electronic amplifying or recording device, eavesdrops upon or records the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment. If the person has previously been convicted of a violation of this section or Section 631, 632.5, 632.6, 632.7, or 636, the person shall be punished by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

(b) The term “person” includes an individual, business association, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or other legal entity, and an individual acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of any government or subdivision thereof, whether federal, state, or local, but excludes an individual known by all parties to a confidential communication to be overhearing or recording the communication.

(c) The term “confidential communication” includes any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

(d) Except as proof in an action or prosecution for violation of this section, no evidence obtained as a result of eavesdropping upon or recording a confidential communication in violation of this section shall be admissible in any judicial, administrative, legislative, or other proceeding.

(e) This section does not apply (1) to any public utility engaged in the business of providing communications services and facilities, or to the officers, employees or agents thereof, where the acts otherwise prohibited by this section are for the purpose of construction, maintenance, conduct or operation of the services and facilities of the public utility, or (2) to the use of any instrument, equipment, facility, or service furnished and used pursuant to the tariffs of a public utility, or (3) to any telephonic communication system used for communication exclusively within a state, county, city and county, or city correctional facility.

(f) This section does not apply to the use of hearing aids and similar devices, by persons afflicted with impaired hearing, for the purpose of overcoming the impairment to permit the hearing of sounds ordinarily audible to the human ear.
The statute was first added in 1967.

WWP Thread: [Marty]: DM had JB bug hotel room of MSH

/

Last edited:

Barbz

Patron with Honors
I don't think the "media has been coerced" into backing off of DM.

The SP Times and others know that too much of a good thing can become tiresome. The story of DM beating his staff has been flogged to death.

This particular story is about coerced abortions, where DM is an un-interviewable factor. You're not going to get an interview with him on this, so not much can be said about him.

Maybe the next installment will be about the 12-16 year old girls taken by the Sea Org and put to work. DM will be peripheral in that story as well.

But, just wait until the next DM-related story! He'll be back in the news, count on it.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I don't think the "media has been coerced" into backing off of DM.

The SP Times and others know that too much of a good thing can become tiresome. The story of DM beating his staff has been flogged to death.

This particular story is about coerced abortions, where DM is an un-interviewable factor. You're not going to get an interview with him on this, so not much can be said about him.

Maybe the next installment will be about the 12-16 year old girls taken by the Sea Org and put to work. DM will be peripheral in that story as well.

But, just wait until the next DM-related story! He'll be back in the news, count on it.

You're absolutely right :)

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
ADDED:

California Penal Code § 632 provides:
(a) Every person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, by means of any electronic amplifying or recording device, eavesdrops upon or records the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment. If the person has previously been convicted of a violation of this section or Section 631, 632.5, 632.6, 632.7, or 636, the person shall be punished by a fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

(b) The term “person” includes an individual, business association, partnership, corporation, limited liability company, or other legal entity, and an individual acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of any government or subdivision thereof, whether federal, state, or local, but excludes an individual known by all parties to a confidential communication to be overhearing or recording the communication.

(c) The term “confidential communication” includes any communication carried on in circumstances as may reasonably indicate that any party to the communication desires it to be confined to the parties thereto, but excludes a communication made in a public gathering or in any legislative, judicial, executive or administrative proceeding open to the public, or in any other circumstance in which the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded.

(d) Except as proof in an action or prosecution for violation of this section, no evidence obtained as a result of eavesdropping upon or recording a confidential communication in violation of this section shall be admissible in any judicial, administrative, legislative, or other proceeding.

(e) This section does not apply (1) to any public utility engaged in the business of providing communications services and facilities, or to the officers, employees or agents thereof, where the acts otherwise prohibited by this section are for the purpose of construction, maintenance, conduct or operation of the services and facilities of the public utility, or (2) to the use of any instrument, equipment, facility, or service furnished and used pursuant to the tariffs of a public utility, or (3) to any telephonic communication system used for communication exclusively within a state, county, city and county, or city correctional facility.

(f) This section does not apply to the use of hearing aids and similar devices, by persons afflicted with impaired hearing, for the purpose of overcoming the impairment to permit the hearing of sounds ordinarily audible to the human ear.
The statute was first added in 1967.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
"During Suzette’s pregnancy, DM ordered published an issue stating that no babies can be born to S.O. Members."

So what was the date of that issue again? I've heard three different years for it, let alone something that specific in time.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Umm... yeah... Long as it's proved, then it should put him in jail, except for that pesky statute of limitations. Does this surprise you? Would it surprise you to learn that MSH had LRH's BlueBird bugged? Or that she was bugging DM? This is scientology, folks.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
From Marty. TL;DR version: DM, David Miscavige, had JB, John Brousseau, bug the hotel room in which MSH, Mary Sue Hubbard, was having a meeting. Also, DM issued the rule that no babies can be born to Sea Org Members while Suzette Hubbard, the daughter of L. Ron Hubbard, was pregnant and in the Sea Org./

This is absolutely despicable and reminds me of how dirty Marty's hands are too.
Here's an excerpt from Jesse Prince's declaration:

7. A number of weeks after L. Ron Hubbard’s death, I was present at a meeting where David Miscavige and a group of 12-17 other Scientologists coerced Mary Sue Hubbard into relinquishing her legal rights to the Scientology writings of the recently-deceased L. Ron Hubbard. I participated in that meeting in my capacity as a high-level member of RTC and Sea Org. The day before this meeting, David Miscavige told me and a group of other senior Scientology executives that he wanted a group, including me, to go over to Mary Sue Hubbard’s home in Los Angeles in order to get Mary Sue Hubbard to sign an agreement relinquishing her claims to L. Ron Hubbard’s estate. Miscavige said he wanted a group to go the house because he wanted, in his words, a “show of force” and that the group would stay at Mary Sue Hubbard’s house until the agreement was signed. The next day the meeting did take place at Mary Sue Hubbard’s home. The group that went to her house, including myself, went over with the intent to overwhelm Mary Sue Hubbard and get her to sign an agreement. That was something we had openly discussed and was the purpose and intention of our going over there. The meeting lasted about 3 hours, from about 12:30 to 3:30 in the afternoon. I was personally present at this meeting, along with a number of Scientology officers and officials, including David Miscavige, Norman Starkey, Lymon Spurlock, Marty Rathbun, Vicki Aznaran, Mark Yeager, Ray Mithoff, and Mark Ingber. I believe that Warren McShane was also present, as well as a Scientology lawyer, Earl Cooley. At the end of the meeting Mary Sue Hubbard was forced to sign an agreement in which she transferred her rights to L. Ron Hubbard’s works to various Scientology entities. Those works included copyrights, trademarks, bank accounts, and other property - anything of value related to the Scientology fortune. In “exchange” Mary Sue was compensated with a monetary amount. I believe it was $100,000. Diana, Suzette, and Arthur Hubbard, the children of L. Ron also received a monetary amount. I believe those amounts to be $50,000 each. All of those amounts, individually and in total, were trivial in relation to the value of the L. Ron Hubbard fortune, which I understand was then valued at between $200 and $400 million, possibly more. David Miscavige also personally informed me that he obtained similar agreements from L. Ron Hubbard’s other children, outside the Hubbard family.

http://whyaretheydead.info/krasel/aff_jp990317.html

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I know its only Marty, but this is an interesting turn of phrase:

Shortly thereafter, Diana Hubbard Horwich attempted to stop DM in his massacre of the mission holders. Her associates were all declared, and when she attempted to communicate what was going on to her father, her comm was cut and she was shot.

Div6

Crusader
DM's got to be the biggest piece of sleeze on this planet.

While I agree with your sentiments, I can think of a few bigger..."The Hole" pales in comparison to Guantanamo Bay, and the secret CIA prisons outside the US, where the CIA takes the subjects of their "extra-ordinary rendtions".

But at least they aren't sugar coating it as "Religion"......

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
250px-Thomas_Keene_in_Macbeth_1884_Wikipedia_crop.png

The Tragedy of MacBridge

lrh&family.jpg

Shakespearean drama of intrigue, cabals,
internecine backstabbing & Coup d'états set within
the walls of King Hubbard's Castle. A stirring epic tale
of regicide and the post-mortem power struggle over a mythological
bridge to immortality that the King's subjects and slaves gave their lives to defend.

And a rich supporting cast of ne'er do wells
fighting for the keys to the kingdom co-starring
David Miscavich, Marty Rathbun & Mary Sue Hubbard.

oh+my.jpg

Scientologists fair gaming each other?
Charlatans, Con Men & Operating Thugs...Oh My!

Last edited:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Soderqvist1: What can be learned from this story is that Scientology doesn’t make you able to “make things go right”, since David Miscavige defeated them all at once, because he is not a scientologist according to Marty Rathbun. What these Loyalists also seems to miss is that L. Ron Hubbard seems very incompetent to judge what is go on. But I myself have no reason to believe that he didn’t know! Of course he did know, and I think he was very satisfied how David Miscavige did take care of it. Hubbard wrote to the court in 1983 about how satisfied he is about how Miscavige takes care of his personal business, and I have thus no reason to believe that he ignored how Miscavige did take care of the CoS.
http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/legal/lrh-estate-riverside/affi-keir-1983-05-18.html

Soderqvist1: ‘Twelve Against the Gods’ was L. Ron Hubbard’s favourite book, look what the Author says in the Introduction, regarding the family!

L. RON HUBBARD, "Greed," Astounding Science Fiction, April 1950
It can be said with more than a little truth that a society is lost when it loses its greed, for without hunger as a whip - for power, money or fame - man sinks into a blind sloth and, contented or not, is gone.

In February 1983, in written replies to Rocky Mountain News journalist Sue Lindsay, Hubbard said his favorite non-fiction book was Twelve Against the Gods, by William Bolitho, adding, "the introduction is particularly good." In this statement Hubbard provided a powerful clue to his most potent urge.

“The adventurer is within us, and he contests for our favor with the social man we are obliged to be .... We are obliged, in order to live at all, to make a cage of laws for ourselves and to stand on the perch. We are born as wasteful and unremorseful as tigers; we are obliged to be thrifty, or starve or freeze. We are born to wander, and cursed to stay and dig... all the poets are on one side, and all the laws on the other; for laws are made by, and usually for, old men . . . The moment one of these truants breaks loose, he has to fight the whole weight of things as they are; the laws and that indefinite smothering aura that surrounds the laws that we call morals; the family, that is the microcosm and whiplash of society; and the dead weight of all the possessors, across whose interwoven rights the road to freedom lies. If he fails he is a mere criminal . . . the adventurer is an individualist and an egotist, a truant from obligations. His road is solitary, there is no room for company on it. What he does, he does for himself. His motive may be simple greed.”
http://www.clambake.org/archive/books/apobs/bs9-1.htm

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
The story about DM, Mary Sue, and LRH doesn't hold water. In fact, it's ridiculous.

So, DM served as "gate keeper for all communications to and from LRH", including with Mary Sue, eh? Is he trying to get us to believe that but for DM, LRH and Mary Sue would have been a loving couple?

Puhleeze.

LRH didn't have a phone?

Were his fingers broken, and he couldn't dial?

It's absolutely absurd.

LRH coldly dumped Mary Sue, after she took the fall for him. Just like he dumped his other TWO wives, and half of his children.

If he wanted to see her, he would have seen her. This theory that it was all DM is just silly.

For an excellent, irrefutable example of LRH's coldness towards his family, in one of the copies of his will, which he signed, he specifically stated the Alexis was not his daughter, even if she claimed she was. How's that for a nice guy? Or did DM make him do that, too?

Veda

Sponsor
The story about DM, Mary Sue, and LRH doesn't hold water. In fact, it's ridiculous.

So, DM served as "gate keeper for all communications to and from LRH", including with Mary Sue, eh? Is he trying to get us to believe that but for DM, LRH and Mary Sue would have been a loving couple?

Puhleeze.

LRH didn't have a phone?

It's absolutely absurd.

LRH coldly dumped Mary Sue, after she took the fall for him. Just like he dumped his other TWO wives, and half of his children.

If he wanted to see her, he would have seen her. This theory that it was all DM is just silly.

For an excellent, irrefutable example of LRH's coldness towards his family, in one of the copies of his will, which he signed, he specifically stated the Alexis was not his daughter, even if she claimed she was. How's that for a nice guy? Or did DM make him do that, too?

Thank you for the refreshing realism.

From Virginia Downsborough's interview by Russell Miller, from 'Barefaced Messiah', recounting her time with Hubbard in Las Palmas, at he earliest beginnings of the Sea Org:

"He talked a lot about Sara Northrup and seemed to want to make sure that I knew that he was never married to her. I didn't know why it was so important to him; I'd never met Sara and couldn't care less, but he wanted to persuade me that the marriage had never taken place. When he talked about his first wife, the picture he put out was of this poor wounded fellow coming home from the war and being abandoned by his wife and family because he would be a drain on them. He said he planned every move along the way with Mary Sue to avoid being victimized again."

Veda

Sponsor
From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School:

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

"The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

"And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune. Of course, now Hubbard is dead, so we won't see that pattern particularly repeated, except inasmuch as we'll see the Church hierarchy emulate and carry that pattern forward.

"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

"And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

"And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

"But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it."

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

LRH didn't have a phone?

It's absolutely absurd.

I kinda started to see your point, but then it hit me.

You and I weren't there.

How do we really know if Ron was allowed by DM to use a phone? Like what if DM didn't even answer Ron's CSW's for permission--or stuff like that?

I mean...like what if the Commodore's hands and fingers were like totally taped really tight with duct tape or like crazy glue?

I don't think it's realistic to believe that Ron had time to research EVERYTHING in the MEST universe, like the standard tech for escaping from crazy-glued fingers.

Get real!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ I think it's possible that L.Ron was suffering dementia the last years. Not caring and being quite delusional.. Head not working right.

:yes: