What's new

Marty: IAS Atrocities (part two) – Barbara Ayash

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
IAS Atrocities (part two) – Barbara Ayash

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/ias-atrocities-part-two-barbara-ayash/

IAS Atrocities (part two) – Barbara Ayash

Posted on August 1, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 53 Comments

Another IAS Medal Winner has bitten the dust thanks to David Miscavige’s diversion of IAS donations toward suppressing the truth.

Barbara Ayash was one of the early IAS Medal Winners. She was famous for her Set A Good Example campaign. Apparently, her husband funded it for two decades. When he passed away Barbara was left destitute by Miscavige, IAS, and the “church.” Miscavige it seems is too busy bankrupting people with rolling thunder events, while wiping out the human resources goodwill that enables him to do so. Barbara has been reduced to begging on her own in a noble effort to make ends meet and keep the campaign going.

Here is a very recent email from Barabara which serves as proof as to Miscavige’s and IAS’s true, hidden policies with respect to the overblown hype they feed followers in order to clean out their bank accounts.

Barbara Ayash

Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011
Subject: FW: PLEASE HELP

Dear ———–,

February 2 this year my dear husband Bob passed away.
Now that he is gone to the heavens I am without his help.

I have a small social security income – $829.00 per month.
I have to pay the rent from that amount.

The cost is $799.00 Per month.

So I have only $30.00 per month for food. No money for phone, medicine which
I need now that I am 78 years old.

Our Set A Good Example Campaign for school children is going bankrupt due to the
fact that I have no personal funds to help pay promotion and delivery expense.

Thus I am asking you and all the rest of our usual Set A Good Example Campaign
Sponsors to assist with pulling the campaign out of this financial situation.

Please mail your check to the following address:

Much Love:

Barbara Ayash – President
Set A Good Example Foundation
2212 Royale Rd, #2
Sacramento California 95815,
916-993-5412 phone – no fax

Yet another Miscavige/IAS casualty for Independents to pick up and heal.
David Miscavige, you are setting an example all right. However, it is anything but good.
also see: IAS Atrocities (part one) – Dennis Clark at http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/07/19/ias-atrocities-part-one-dennis-clark/

PS to Miscavige’s agents who have confronted me at LA International Airport and in front of my own home with the screeching “question”, “Hey Marty! Where’s your Way To Happiness campaign?”:

HERE IS BUT ONE FACET OF IT.

T

TheSneakster

Oh, fer Christ's sake, Marty - word-clear "atrocity".

Why don't you do so yourself?

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Merriam-Webster Online said:
Definition of ATROCITY -

1 : the quality or state of being atrocious

2: an atrocious act, object, or situation <the … sufferings and atrocities of trench warfare — Aldous Huxley>

Merriam-Webster Online said:
Definition of ATROCIOUS

1 : extremely wicked, brutal, or cruel : barbaric

2 : appalling, horrifying <the atrocious weapons of modern war>

3 a : utterly revolting : abominable <atrocious working conditions>

b : of very poor quality <atrocious handwriting>

— atro·cious·ly adverb
— atro·cious·ness noun

Looks like Mark used it correctly to me.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Why don't you do so yourself?

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:

Looks like Mark used it correctly to me.

Really when I think of an atrocity I think of planned genocide, brutal killings or rapes, medical experiments in Nazi camps, carpet bombing civilians etc.. Not some old lady who voluntarily spent her husbands money on some wacky cult promotion campaign of giving out "WTH booklets" and neglected to make any preparations for her own old age - by choice. This isn't a SO member or anything.

It also seems she's been been dunning people via email for many years. Me thinks the SAGE crap is her income - how much can it cost to distribute cult booklets? SAGE is probably her only cash-flow besides her SS check. (more than a few of Martys commenters state they have gotten her "send me money" emails for years and many didn't give thinking very little was being used on any promotion. But I will say the money is better spent on some old flakey ladies dotage than on promoting the con via booklets no one wants.

Why would anyone think the IAS is supposed to support seniors who made poor financial planning decisions? Aren't Scios all about responsibility for their state? I just don't get how this is a particular IAS "atrocity" - maybe a good example of where you will end up if you devote all your time and money to the cult. If she was a lifelong SO member this would be a different ballgame, but this lady chose to spend her husbands money on this campaign so she could bask in the glow of freedom medal adulation and maybe have an income stream as the SAGE president. I don't see how this ranks as anything besides bad decision making thanks to Scientology.

The irony meter has exploded.

She's managing what? "Set a good example" for the cult.

She's very downstat and should be rpfed. Imagine if the psych controlled press found out she lives on $1 a day for food etc, while she scams for the cult.
Problem: Putting in her in the rpf would be "rewarding her for being downstat" because it would cost them $1. 10cents a day to feed her.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the Sneaky One is correct and that atrocious is a gradient in the eye of the beholder. But, what the hell do I know?

freethinker

Sponsor
If Marty helps this woman out it is OK with me, but if he is just saying so and using her story to forward his campaign against Dave then it's not.

We can't just assume that because she got a freedom medal and probably did OT levels that she was just out to scam people. She could have genuinely believed she could help like many of us here did. You have to have more of the story to determine if she was a scammer or not.

None of what I say here is to be construed as I'm going soft on Marty. He's got a lot more to prove to me for that to ever happen.

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
I think the Sneaky One is correct and that atrocious is a gradient in the eye of the beholder. But, what the hell do I know?

Absolutely, and I think it an atrocity that I ordered my burger medium-well and it arrived pink in the middle.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Retirement savings? How can you be so locked into MEST considerations when we're talking about your eternity . . .

w8pyyo.jpg

freethinker

Sponsor
Hey isn't there a policy against letting government people do Scientology? Don't they have to petition? Isn't that an illegal PC status?
Retirement savings? How can you be so locked into MEST considerations when we're talking about your eternity . . .

w8pyyo.jpg

Terril park

Sponsor
Really when I think of an atrocity I think of planned genocide, brutal killings or rapes, medical experiments in Nazi camps, carpet bombing civilians etc.. Not some old lady who voluntarily spent her husbands money on some wacky cult promotion campaign of giving out "WTH booklets" and neglected to make any preparations for her own old age - by choice. This isn't a SO member or anything.

It also seems she's been been dunning people via email for many years. Me thinks the SAGE crap is her income - how much can it cost to distribute cult booklets? SAGE is probably her only cash-flow besides her SS check. (more than a few of Martys commenters state they have gotten her "send me money" emails for years and many didn't give thinking very little was being used on any promotion. But I will say the money is better spent on some old flakey ladies dotage than on promoting the con via booklets no one wants.

Why would anyone think the IAS is supposed to support seniors who made poor financial planning decisions? Aren't Scios all about responsibility for their state? I just don't get how this is a particular IAS "atrocity" - maybe a good example of where you will end up if you devote all your time and money to the cult. If she was a lifelong SO member this would be a different ballgame, but this lady chose to spend her husbands money on this campaign so she could bask in the glow of freedom medal adulation and maybe have an income stream as the SAGE president. I don't see how this ranks as anything besides bad decision making thanks to Scientology.

Clearly atrocities have a gradient scale.

This person was a Freedom Medal winner?

Have no idea what exactly she was promoting but sounds OK.

So once husband passed away her financial matters were screwed
best I understand.

Once she could no longer contribute bucks, she was thrown under the bus.

This is betrayal.

That is a valid atrocity.

One of the worst really.

AnonKat

Crusader
Clearly atrocities have a gradient scale.

This person was a Freedom Medal winner?

Have no idea what exactly she was promoting but sounds OK.

So once husband passed away her financial matters were screwed
best I understand.

Once she could no longer contribute bucks, she was thrown under the bus.

This is betrayal.

That is a valid atrocity.

One of the worst really.

Do you mean agreeing on agreeing on agreeing leads to insanity my friend ? ;)

Terril park

Sponsor
Absolutely, and I think it an atrocity that I ordered my burger medium-well and it arrived pink in the middle.

Perhaps a new forum, EBEMB, ex burger eaters message board?

It can include those who still eat burgers perhaps?

In fact discussing standard tech for cooking burgers would be
enormously helpful.

Then there is the whole area of which is the best beef. Scottish,
Argentine, Kobe [ Beer fed :) ] US and so on.

The best charcoal?

Which are the best beverages to accompany burgers!

Wine or beer.

Which wine or which beer?

Such fun!

However I'm sure that there will be few who go for the
"standard crap" of macdonalds, despite the excellent scottish
name. :)

Hello, I'm Barbara Ayash's daughter. I can now speak out for her as I am NO LONGER a member of the Church and have let them know it loud and clear. There is untrue information around about her. I didn't have a Declare when I checked last week. Then I made my announcement to ASHO. I'm sure it will be out very soon now. Lets all call it the SP Special Person declare. lol If any of you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm going to write her story for her since she can't and mine as well. I'm not the best writer and after I wrote it I want someone to review it for me before I publish it. IT IS a sad situation at best! Lots of Love to you all !