What's new

Marty: IAS Freedom Medal winner homeless

Smilla

Ordinary Human
This video features a short segment on Clarke. He appears at 14:00, behind Gerry Armstrong. The segment continues to 18:12:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4595729596527335458

Here's Clarke years later as a retired CCHR President and a spokesman for CCHR:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1775165708070636626

IMO, Marty Rathbun's "compassion" is 90% PR.

I recall his "compassion" towards Heber J., and I recall also the derogatory statement he made about Heber shortly afterwards.

If Hana Whitfield, or Gerry Armstrong, or Paulette Cooper were to need help, would Marty step up? (Or at least make a big display of appearing to step up to help?). I doubt it very much.

Marty is using Clarke, just as the CofS did.

I suspect that Marty's 'compassion' is largely motivated by PR needs too. After watching the videos you posted, I came across this photo, which I believe to be the same person. It's a bit fuzzy, but it looks like the same guy.

Patterson_still.jpg

I do feel sorry for the guy, but only a bit. I hope things go better for him, but if they don't I won't cry.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I Want To Be Treated Like A Human Being, It Will Cost Me Extra
> Dollars
>
> I have been stupid in thinking the torture I have been subjected to here and
> at ____ and at ____ has been personal. Making it worse for
> myself, I instinctively fight back. I have been very nieve and now see how
> this, like the prison guard situations, works on these captive populations
> and their families.
>
> These places are run by a mafia of some flavor, with some administrators,
> doctors and nurses plus the CNAs and and other staff involved. I had
> forgotten I was here in the far East!
>
> Food, baths, proper care in terms of medications and actual rehabilitation,
> all are subject to extra money, bribes and other extra dollar factors.
>
> I have missed their W/Hs and so now know my life is in danger here!
>
> I need extra dollars for bribes and/or to get out of here, ASAP.
ML,
>

This is a comment on Paranoia not on Dennis Clarks condition.

It could be Hubbard writing this letter, they're out to get me, send help, i need bribe money, its dangerous out here.

only thing omitted is kidnapped by the communists at gun point and sleeping with his nurse.

I see David Pomerantz gave the common ack of understanding..

Wow! That sounds like a bad espionage movie – one I don’t want to see.

I’m > sorry you’re having to go through this. .

Hes not really sorry
The actuality is it is an unreal movie to him, its not really happening, and he doesnt give a hoot its just a unwelcome pulled in flap in the crusade for man.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientologists do whatever HELPS Scientology right here and right NOW. There is no other yardstick of measurement when it comes to judging or determining behavior - ethics. To them, within the framework of Scientlogy ethics, taking customers from a wog is fine, as long as the extra money you make benefits Scientology!

I think it goes a little farther than that. First of all the lady I'm referring to was, possibly still is, a scientologist. Second the people who were stealing her clients were probably only "scientologists" in the most nominal way. You would see a lot of people like that in the LA area. Hang out at the cafe but never do anything.

So it was more or less people using the name to protect themselves even though they weren't even really playing the game or even doing anything for scientology.

That's what this whole story reminded me. A bunch of goons with superiority complexes, and when push comes to shove, they'll take the money and run and use the church to protect them.

In a nutshell that is scientology. It IS a criminal organization, and one that hides behind the name religion so it can keep on ripping people off.

And that in a nutshell is/was L Ron Hubbard.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well this should be splashed around. Most of us know how the CofS treats people when it no longer has use for them - after all we have all been through it in our different forms - many of us gave years and decades to the 'cause" giving up family, friends and income and when we left was there some sort of 'thank you"? Some sort of parting gift to help out? Nope - just disconnection and harassment and attacks.

That the paranoid asshole has been dumped is just one more example . But it does have the benefit of being a "medal winner" who is being dumped on.

i feel sorry for dennis, as I would for any asshole who was suffering but not enough to do anything about it.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've known several IAS Freedum Medal winners and even worked with some and they weren't necessarily all a*#holes. They weren't even all fanatics for the cult is the worst sense. So I can't comment on Dennis Clarke's personality.

But I don't like how he's been abandoned because he's now "downstat." That's something this cult has done time and time again to its Faithful.:angry:

So even IF Marty's spinning this for its PR value, I believe that he's also genuinely concerned for the guy and "helping" in the only way he knows how to. And bringing more cult abuses into the light of day can't be a bad thing, surely?:confused2:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
But I don't like how he's been abandoned because he's now "downstat." That's something this cult has done time and time again to its Faithful.:angry:

I'm not a COS-expert, but I thought this behavior is 100% according to tech. So what would you expect? :unsure:

I agree it's not the right thing to do for a "church". On that we will agree very fast.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I've known several IAS Freedum Medal winners and even worked with some and they weren't necessarily all a*#holes. They weren't even all fanatics for the cult is the worst sense. So I can't comment on Dennis Clarke's personality.

So even IF Marty's spinning this for its PR value, I believe that he's also genuinely concerned for the guy and "helping" in the only way he knows how to. And bringing more cult abuses into the light of day can't be a bad thing, surely?:confused2:

Bringing Scientology abuses to light is all good and wonderful. Exploiting the misfortunes of others for personal gain is not. Perhaps if there was an examination of how Scientology trains its adherents to disassociate from their natural empathy and love of others were included in the exposure I might have a little sympathy. It might even help prevent more abuse. Even then, however, a Scientologist would be insulted by my sympathy - its a matter of honour for them that they avoid such wog sentimentality. In fact, Dennis' "self-determinism and honour are more important than his immediate life". Us dumb wogs don't "get" that.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

it's not the medal that made Clarke an asshole - it's his personality. He is a bully. Pure and simple.

Dont really care about Marty - I am glad he published this though - so kudos to him for that.

The thing that irks me about the whole Freedom medal thing is that it was originally conceived to be an award to a public figure for defense of religious freedom - not just Scientology.

Of course DM just could not bear the idea of money being awarded to anyone is not himself. So that idea only lasted one year.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

This ^^^^ gives a very good picture of the man.:yes:

Enough said. I have some sympathy for him still but hey - I live in a country where it's illegal to kill some of the world's most poisonous wildlife, even in self-defense. :biggrin:

I've met scilon like him before and they don't usually have friends or a life, just juniors, seniors and a "dedicated glare.":omg:

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
Apparently all his troubles were self-inflicted:
from Marty's blog:
Scott Campbell | July 20, 2011 at 3:11 am

I was in comm with Dennis a couple of years ago. At the time he was sending out emails on the Razzline (an L.A. based Scn email forwarding line) for months advocating taking massive doses of vitamin D-3 (up to 50,000 IU/day) to cure all of your ills.

I got in comm with him and sent him some CDC statistics and data from medical literature detailing how dangerous this was. The literature chronicled numerous severe heath consequences that were induced by vitamin D-3 overdose, including cerebral strokes and death.

In response, he became viciously critical of me and the data I sent him, assuring me that he had been taking 50K I.U. per day until he was right as rain and was now on a “maintenance dose” of 10,000 I.U./day. He added that if I was stupid enough to believe data from the psychs and medicos, then I was beyond his help.

That’s the problem with the Gelded Age of Miscavige. No one in the C of S can have being wrong anymore.
What a fucking idiot.

The mentality of many Scientologists when they "reach O.T." is that they can never be wrong. So he killed off half his brain with massive doses of vitamin D-3. Never mind he can get a new one next lifetime. He just needs to find a pair of Scientologists who are breeding right now, and put his anchor points on the baby. Maybe his signature "punch in the face" might help too.

Gadfly

Crusader
Scott Campbell | July 20, 2011 at 3:11 am

I was in comm with Dennis a couple of years ago. At the time he was sending out emails on the Razzline (an L.A. based Scn email forwarding line) for months advocating taking massive doses of vitamin D-3 (up to 50,000 IU/day) to cure all of your ills.

I got in comm with him and sent him some CDC statistics and data from medical literature detailing how dangerous this was. The literature chronicled numerous severe heath consequences that were induced by vitamin D-3 overdose, including cerebral strokes and death.

In response, he became viciously critical of me and the data I sent him, assuring me that he had been taking 50K I.U. per day until he was right as rain and was now on a “maintenance dose” of 10,000 I.U./day. He added that if I was stupid enough to believe data from the psychs and medicos, then I was beyond his help.

That’s the problem with the Gelded Age of Miscavige. No one in the C of S can have being wrong anymore.

I couldn't let this pass by without a comment. The LAST line.

This line:

"That’s the problem with the Gelded Age of Miscavige. No one in the C of S can have being wrong anymore".

There was NEVER a time that anyone in the C of S could be "wrong". There was NEVER a time when Hubbard himself could be "wrong". While Miscavige might add something personal to the mix, being an asshole quite well on his own, what he does and HOW he does it are based on a fairly accurate understanding and application of "standard" LRH policy. Miscavige might make it all "slightly" worse than it may have been 30 years ago, but there is NO DOUBT in my mind, that if Hubbard had been alive and well, and went through the same birth of the Internet, and along with other external factors impinging on the Church over the past 25-30 years, that the C of S would have been the SAME or WORSE than it is now.

What alternate universe do this guy wake up in on the day he wrote this?

These people are delusional about many of the ideas of Scientology, and they are delusional about Hubbard versus Miscavige.

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Dennis is a bully. He's now getting his payback. I have no sympathy for him. Maybe someday he'll wake up....or maybe he won't.

See Dennis in this video.....go to 13:58 in the video and watch from there how he treats people who were trying to stand up to the CoS and inform other Scientologists and the public of the involvement of the CoS in the death of Lisa McPherson.

So he's one of many Scientology thugs. Like the old saying goes: "He's made his soup and now he has to eat it." No sympathy from me either.

bigfoot_squat.jpg

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
In order to 'Keep Scientology Working' the leader of Scientology needs to have utter disdain for Scientologists. If Hubbard or Miscavige cared even the slightest for the members of the cult, Scientology would have crumbled.

You can't keep a con game going if you think of the victims as anything other than mindless cattle which are to be slaughterer for your profit

That doesn't go into the materials presented in the $39.95 TV offer cult startup success kit. I don't teach that unless my students sign up for the special $1998.50 advanced weekend seminar. My advice is to just shutup about that, there is no point of giving away secrets like that unless they pay up front, understand???????

Pete

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Here is something rather odd and telling about Dennis and the cult he soldiers for.

On one hand, Dennis, the big huge being, is awarded the rarely given Freedom Medal because he is so powerfully OT that he brought about thunderously vast 4th dynamic changes that were felt across the entire planet. This is the power and majesty of his OT powers--the divine level of "Total Cause" that Scientologists can only marvel at and they jump to their feet and shower him with infinite cheers, applause & adulation.

On the other hand, he is a little being , an effect pc who has been bogged on OT V for 24 years. His cause level is so low that he can't even make it go right enough to blow a few BTs or buy a few more hours of NOTS.

SO WHICH IS IT SCIENTOLOGY?

Is Dennis a world-shaking OT or is he a degraded being who is an embarrassment to your Bridge To Total Freedom? After all, the guy has been Clear and OT III for a quarter century and he is crashed, overwhelmed, seriously ill, broke, homeless and losing in life. Doesn't say much about your supernatural tech does it?

Last edited: