What's new

Marty on Freedum Magazine and coverage of The New Yorker debacle

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Must be Marty's is having trouble with his memory...we all know that Marty would never lie about anything.:whistling:

Rathbun-Rinder Syndrome:

Patient is unable to remember what he did in the Cult.

images

Lure Rob & Hyde

Patron with Honors
Let me see if I can possibly respond to Blubbard the nasty porker's instructions and dare " "just let him try to handle that ball."
Here goes my counter to his sorry ass rants and raves
"Why is Scientology pretending to be a church when it itself says it sells and delivers auditing in its own policies to avoid paying taxes?(repeat this over and over till the fat porker Blubbard or his flimflamers pick up his/their mailing addresses and skip town.

OR next response "Why has Hubbard abandoned all his former ex-wives and his children and then sets up his fourth wife Marty Sue to go to prison and runs to hide from her as well. ( Did I say Marty Sue ? no no he ,Marty, was hooked up with Miscavidge so it was Mary Sue then right?
The end result is people everywhere laughing and smirking any time they hear hubbard's con-ology.

Gee my needle is bloating !!!!

From Ron's Journal '68:

"And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you, he's a hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says <inaudible> and you say 'Why are you against human rights?' and, then, if you know anything about human rights like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject, you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just simply attack along this line of human rights...

"Somebody else comes along, hostile, he says something to you about this, or he says something in the press or in a group or something like this, and something about treatment, or something in Scientology, and you should come back at him, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you in favor of psychiatric brutality to human beings?', and just let him try to handle that ball.

"And use these two things.

"Now the hostile person and the hostel press line, for instance the newspaper writes an article on the subject of how bad Scientology is. Well, any Scientologist reading this should at once write the newspaper, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you criticizing Scientology? Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps?' And we will make some progress on this.

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen, really, is each time Scientology is attacked, we will build into society, if all of you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus-response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights, and a person making such an attack is in favor of psychiatric death camps. And if this is the way you handle this, and handle it consistently, even though you get bored with it and want something else to shoot them with, this will produce a fantastic effect."

Shortly after this RJ '68 was released, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights was started, and 'Freedom' magazine was born.

"The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people."

Confidential 'Black Propaganda' 12 January 1972

It's kind of interesting how Marty Rathbun has identified himself as an attacker of the popularly considered evil of David Miscavige and "the Church of Miscavology," resulting in the "declassifying" of himself "from former [negative] labels"... [Well, in some people's minds.]

Smilla

Ordinary Human
That's true ad hom by the way.

Well it's a statement of fact and relevant to the issue, so I don't know that it is. But you might know better than me. :confused2: If it is such, then I am in the wrong.

"The philosopher Charles Taylor has argued that ad hominem reasoning is essential to understanding certain moral issues, and contrasts this sort of reasoning with the apodictic reasoning of philosophical naturalism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
I was talking about what terril does, not what you wrote.

From the same article:
Abusive ad hominem (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to attack his claim or invalidate his argument,
Well it's a statement of fact and relevant to the issue, so I don't that it is. But you might know better than me. :confused2: If it is such, then I am in the wrong.

"The philosopher Charles Taylor has argued that ad hominem reasoning is essential to understanding certain moral issues, and contrasts this sort of reasoning with the apodictic reasoning of philosophical naturalism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

freethinker

Sponsor
Marty is going to have to realize that portraying LRH good and Miscavige bad is a non issue to most of the world.

When people see the Freedum attack on the New Yorker, they don't think with, "that's Miscavige, not LRH!"

To the vast majority of the world they see Scientology and how insane the behavior is, and then, they think of L RON HUBBARD.

They think of the genesis, not the fungus that grew from it.

Give it up Marty, you'll never paint black white.

Marty is going to have to realize that portraying LRH good and Miscavige bad is a non issue to most of the world.

When people see the Freedum attack on the New Yorker, they don't think with, "that's Miscavige, not LRH!"

To the vast majority of the world they see Scientology and how insane the behavior is, and then, they think of L RON HUBBARD.

They think of the genesis, not the fungus that grew from it.

Give it up Marty, you'll never paint black white.

You're absolutely right, Marty tugging on Miscavige's pant leg is cute and all, but nobody really gives a shit about their little dysfunctional bumfight, to anyone who bothers to notice it's just a couple batshit crazy cult members acting out the silly ass game they were programmed to play