What's new

Marty on Jason Beghe

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/jason-beghe/

Jason Beghe

Posted on September 12, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 28 Comments

Jason and me August 2008

Jason Beghe was just written up by Village Voice editor in chief Tony Ortega for his important role in “crippling Scientology”, http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/jason_beghe_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

While I respect Tony for his ability to confront the cult and his intelligence in understanding the goals and purposes of Independent Scientology vs those of Radical Corporate Scientology, I don’t see eye to eye with him on what Jason Beghe’s products and intentions are. The video interview Jason did with Mark Bunker in early 2008 accurately captured the raw, painful truth that was Jason’s shortly after he made the lonely and courageous step through the wall of fire that is cutting ties with Miscavige’s cult. But, to define Jason by that moment does him a tremendous injustice in my view.

Jason is one of my closest friends. He spent a week at our home in August 2008. We spent dozens of hours together on the deck overlooking the bay grappling with the subject of Scientology. By the end of the week we had synthesized a vision. That vision was to help Scientologists heal and to heal Scientology itself by means, primarily, of letting the truth be known. Though the church, and apparently Scientology haters too, will never believe it, Jason and I concurred that to waste much time “fighting” or “taking down” Miscavige would be counter-productive. Jason – who is one of the most intelligent and well educated people (and Scientology trained to boot) I have had the privilege to know as a good friend – understood when I demonstrated that Miscavige has sucked the church into a nightmare GPM (Goal/Problem/Mass – the positive/negative, resistance trap that makes one becomes what one resists) that now routinely produces the precise opposite (Problem) of what it postulates (Goal) resulting the in the destructive cult (Mass) it has become.

Jason is not out to “cripple” or even harm in any way “Scientology.” Jason is all about the truth. I’ll provide two examples to demonstrate that fact.

Jason went through ten years of the most vicious Black Dianetics within RCS (Radical Corporate Scientology). It began in 1996. Jason had completed training through Class V at Celebrity Center International (CCI). Jason was such an effective auditor during his internship that a number of people began requesting that he by name deliver their Grades and NED. CCI, as is the church’s wont, of course extended his internship because they were making beau coup bucks off their star auditor.

Then Miscavige decided overnight to destroy the training line up that L Ron Hubbard spent three decades perfecting. Jason was told that he had to re-train because Miscavige had determined some unnamed people had messed up the tech. Jason said “ok, let’s get started.” He was told he had to go to the reg. Jason, being Jason, then uttered the now famous words (paraphrase), “let me get this straight, you screwed up the tech, and you want me to pay for it? Get the fuck out of here!”

That began a ten year “repair”from hell for Jason. At a cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars to himself, Jason was put through endless Ls repairs, NOTs repairs, FPRD, sec checking, and the most reverse, evaluative “ethics” imaginable. I know that for a fact because in 2002 while I was at CCI auditing Tom Cruise, Miscavige ordered that I check out the endless drama that had become the Jason Beghe cycle while I was there. While Jason claims our couple of weeks together was the one bright light during that decade in hell, I too was making him wrong for his “counter intention” to “Golden Age of Tech” (Miscavige’s 1996 cancellation of the training line up of L Ron Hubbard). Unfortunately, I was ordered to Flag to handle the McPherson case the moment I completed Cruise on NOTS (OT V, higher Scientology auditing level) and to drop Jason like a hot potato. Had we stuck it out together perhaps we both would have walked in ’02.

Having met Jason six years later and having the opportunity to talk frankly with no censors or fixed ideas, I came to understand this:

Jason Beghe was persecuted and tortured for ten years because he had the integrity to stand up and say what probably 97.5% of Scientologists thought (but suppressed out of fear) in May 1996.

Second Example. In April 2009 when the church learned that Mike Rinder was considering corroborating my story with the St Pete Times, Miscavige’s response was to send six cult members and two attorneys to Denver (where Mike then lived) to ambush him, threaten him and attempt to purchase his silence to prevent the truth from seeing the light of day. The afternoon we learned of the plot, Jason hopped on an airplane immediately on his own dime, and we descended upon Denver from opposite directions as reinforcement for Mike. The rest is history.

As to the assault case referred to in Tony Ortega’s article, again more context is warranted. Within a couple of days of Jason returning home from the successful Denver mission, a RCS process server walked more than a hundred yards into Jason’s property. The process server’s contact was handwritten on the subpoena he was there to serve. The contact was not a lawyer. It was Greg Schulman, a former Guardian’s Office member and three decade OSA “Intelligence” veteran. The process server applied many of the tactics to provoke Jason that we are all now familiar with being applied to me daily and to Mike Rinder for nearly a year.

Unfortunately, Jason was not as schooled in OSA’s tactics as Mike and I were and so his reaction was exploited. Knowing all the circumstances I am proud to this day that Jason used as little force as he did in dealing with the situation.

OSA used teams of lawyers to work the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Office and the Los Angeles D/A’s office to bring a case against Jason. They used the process to harrass him and cost him a lot of time and money over two years. Had we had more resources back then, we would have taken it to trial – I advocated for it from the beginning but we just did not have the resources back then to finance such an adventure.

I have had 11 (eleven) criminal cases brought against me by the RCS because of various restrained ways and means I dealt with people getting into my face constantly over time. They have hired four law firms in Texas (including the largest one in South Texas) to lobby local officials to prosecute me in my own back yard alone. Unsuccessful to date, and (knock on wood), in the future.

But I will tell you right now who kept me out of jail. Jason Beghe. Had it not been for the two years of hell RCS put him through, and the remarkable poise with which he handled it, there is no doubt but that by now I would have done something far more serious than the light open handed taps Jason used to usher a creepy lurker away from his then 4 and 6 year old sons and his wife.

Jason is a man’s man.

And for the benefit of David Miscavige and his thirty some odd anti-me web pages, I’ll make it crystal clear, something you can quote:

I love Jason Beghe.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
So Jason is a mans man? How quaint. I haven't heard that expression in a long time. Marty does love his photo opportunities, doesn't he.

Veda

Sponsor
In the 1970s, Paulette Cooper was sued 19 times. In the 1980s, Bent Corydon was sued six times. A few years ago, Keith Henson was sentenced to a year in jail for "interfering with a religion." These are a few examples of Scientologists following Hubbard's instructions/"scripture" of using lawsuits and the law to harass, and, "If possible, of course, ruin utterly."

Into the article on Jason Beghe, Marty Rathbun inserts,

"I have had 11 (eleven) criminal cases brought against me by the RCS because of various restrained ways and means I dealt with people getting in my face over time."

If anyone has a list of those eleven criminal cases, and would post them, that would be appreciated. (Note, I know one is the microphone yanking incident.)

Last edited:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
In the 1970s, Paulette Cooper was sued 19 times. In the 1980s, Bent Corydon was sued six times. A few years ago, Keith Henson was sentenced to a year in jail for "interfering with a religion." These are a few examples of Scientologists following Hubbard's instructions/"scripture" of using lawsuits and the law to harass, and, "If possible, of course, ruin utterly."

Into the article on Jason Beghe, Marty Rathbun inserts,

"I have had 11 (eleven) criminal cases brought against me by the RCS because of various restrained ways and means I dealt with people getting in my face over time."

If anyone has a list of those eleven criminal cases, and would post them, that would be appreciated. (Note, I know one is the microphone yanking incident.)

:omg: I must have slept right through that !

rhansrider

Patron with Honors
So Mike Bunker and Jason Beghe are now both Marty's Best Friends Forever? Something is going on behind the scenes, and it seems very strange to me.

The relationship between Mike and Marty I can, perhaps, see but I thought Jason was out, out, out, and had no interest in continuing in Scientology.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . By the end of the week we had synthesized a vision. That vision was to help Scientologists heal and to heal Scientology itself by means, primarily, of letting the truth be known . . .

. . . sometime soon would be good.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jason doesn't think I'm a douchebag, Jason likes me, he really likes me, honest he likes me ... did I tell you he likes me.

Did I miss anything?

Yes, just one more item, Marty trying to convince his fan club that despite Jason mocking the Scientology BS and lies ("show me a mother fucking clear!) he really still thinks Scientology is tops, all the problems were just with the management. Puke.

From my understanding Jason thinks Scientology is basically bullshit and a money scam. However he concedes there are a few beneficial things sprinkled in the scam and more importantly to rescue people from Scientology you have to speak to them as a scientologist ( or at least someone who understands their language and mindset) in order to help pull them out of the trap. He likened it to being able to speak Chinese - a never been a-scientologist isn't going to be to speak to a brainwashed cult member and be as effective as a former member with a personal, in-depth understanding.

So I think he walks a fine line in his efforts to be on good terms with indies and helping those groping for the truth. Seems like to many ronbots won't listen to word one if they think you are against, or don't believe in the dreck, I mean tech.

This is my understanding of the situation with Jason, or how it stood about 2 years ago. I hope that's still the case and hasn't softened his stance or changed his mind about Scientology.

Marty's post reads like a desperate plea. I almost get the idea that maybe a little spat occurred between them (maybe b/c Jason won't get on the Marty bandwagon, maybe over the situation with Daniel, hell maybe Marty wanted to audit Daniel and Jason put his foot down, could be anything...) and now Marty is scared enough of alienating Jason that he puts him on the spot with his embarrassing proclamation of macho, manly love.

It's also a way of Marty putting words in Jason's mouth and spinning his stance on Scientology - and we know how Marty loves to spin. So the Marty acolytes start the love bombing of how awesome Jason is and makes it all the harder for him to put his foot down and clarify his real stance or feeling since he's got about 100 ronbot noses firmly wedged up his ass at the moment,

Is Jason "handling" Marty. Something is sure mak'n Marty feel good. The o'l magic is working on you Marty. Making you say all kinda foo lish thangs.

marjan

Patron with Honors
"Politics make for strange bedfellows..."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Jason's diatribe on YouTube after he left SCN was certainly raw, unedited and volatile. I don't know if it damaged SCN as much as it damaged his own rep... but then again, who am I to criticize the man. Only met him once at CC Int in LA, and he was Mr. "Gung-Ho" SCN back then... But, then again, so was I.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
my emphasis

Jason's diatribe on YouTube after he left SCN was certainly raw, unedited and volatile. I don't know if it damaged SCN as much as it damaged his own rep... but then again, who am I to criticize the man. Only met him once at CC Int in LA, and he was Mr. "Gung-Ho" SCN back then... But, then again, so was I.

I don't think it damaged his own reputation at all ... what he said was raw, it did appear unedited and it was certainly volatile, and they were the very things that made it fabulous and real.

:yes:

When he spoke about jogging down a road with David Duchovny (and the pair of them literally falling in a heap in hysterical laughter just at the thought of 'OT3 and Xenu') I got the impression that he was out for good ... I hope that is the case and that Marty hasn't sucked him back in.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious

How is it possible to damage your reputation by ripping into Scientololgy? Inquiering minds want to know.

Edit: LOL, I just realized I wrote Scientololgy. Equally fitting, I say.

Last edited:

shanic89

Patron Meritorious
Only met him once at CC Int in LA, and he was Mr. "Gung-Ho" SCN back then... But, then again, so was I.

I was just wondering, because I thought that I read in one of the threads here. I was under the impression that you where campaigning for equal opportunity and not pushing scientology, when the protests shone the light on your career.

Meaning no offense just.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Jason's diatribe on YouTube after he left SCN was certainly raw, unedited and volatile. I don't know if it damaged SCN as much as it damaged his own rep... but then again, who am I to criticize the man.

Marjan, how in the world do you think Jason's "diatribe" damaged his reputation? Pray tell us.

Speaking for myself, given the current anti-Church of Scientology climate in the entertainment industry, Beghe's vids may have doubled his stock value.

TG1

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Given the below, it does not appear to me that Jason Beghe is completely done with Scientology as a religion, spiritual practice, and/or form of self-improvement or self-actualization. The reference to "the CS" is not insignificant. I may be wrong.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/jason-beghe/#comment-147380

Tatiana Baklanova | September 13, 2011 at 5:16 am | Reply

I agree with Marty that an interview with Mark B. was taken at the critical moment. It communicates a confusion about Scientology to a degree, as I could clearly see alive VGIs when Jason talks about some of his wins, true warmth when he mentions Scientology friends and SO members devoting their lives to Scientology. At the same time it shows a lot of charge and upsets with screwed up altered processes and pseudo-scientology church terminals.
When I found that interview I was touched to the bottom of my heart by its bold honesty – it actually hurts watching you, Jason. All I could think about was how to help you out of that state of mind, though I understand now that you are way ahead of me in seeing a bigger picture.
I suggest or wish or beg you, Jason to take an action adequate to your position of the opinion leader and clear up the confusion effect of the first interview by making a new one.
Here is my program for you to make it go right.
1) get the DofP interview from Marty.
2) handle and complete the bogged church auditing.
3) make a new video-interview, maybe this time answering the Marty’s questions, that will show your progress in the Independent field Scientology.
jason beghe | September 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Reply

‘Preciate the ack…and th CS.
icon_smile.gif

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Given the below, it does not appear to me that Jason Beghe is completely done with Scientology as a religion, spiritual practice, and/or form of self-improvement or self-actualization. The reference to "the CS" is not insignificant. I may be wrong.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/jason-beghe/#comment-147380

Oh Jason, just get some real auditing (non-corporate non-radical non-altered 100% pure LRH approved!) and you will realise the mindfuck is wonderful.

Jesus Christ, those MR fans are just as introverted as the zombies in the church. It's impossible not to like Scientology, and it's oh so painful when someone is incapable of seperating Scientology from the 'radical corporation'. Thanks to his celebrity status Jason Beghe is not a hater, he can still be useful to boom the Independent field.

I doubt it's going to happen, though. If I remember correctly he had some very unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard. Oh oh! :unsure: