What's new

Marty: OSA's in mah internetz, censorin mah blogz

NCSP

Patron Meritorious
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/scientology-incs-mafia-like-censorship/

In the midst of unprecedented numbers visting my blog during the airing of the fourth post related to the New Yorker Story on Scientology, I was notified by WordPress yesterday that I was locked out of publishing new posts temporarily. After many hours of investigation, the reason for the CENSORSHIP was finally disclosed:

Hello,

We have received complaints that you are promoting your site in unsolicited emails. If you are doing so, please cease this activity. If we continue to receive these types of complaints regarding your site, your site can be suspended permanently.

I have unlocked your site and you may now use it again.

RM
WordPress.com

Odd, given the fact that no emails promoting my blog have ever emanated from my blog, nor from my own email.

Not surprising though given the fact that this was the precise reason given by my url’s domain registrar when my blog url was re-routed to a dead end (effectively shutting down the blog) just two weeks ago. Incidentally, take a fresh look at my account of that censorship, and the nature of the information that apparently the grand Censor wished to silence then, http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/01/29/attempted-suppression-of-communication-lines/. See a pattern?

In the interest of keeping the grand Censor in the dark, I won’t disclose the evidence I have linking both of these Ops to the Office of Special Affairs of Scientology Inc carrying out the orders of the grand Censor himself.

When I finally cleared this up with WordPress and re-obtained my right to post, I was about to listen to a Canadian Broadcast Corporation Radio special I was interviewed for on Thursday, scheduled to air this morning. The topic was Paul Haggis and the New Yorker story. The link to that was the likely next post. However, the show did not air as scheduled. I pulled some strings and found out why. Scientology Inc lawyers launched a barrage of threats at CBC, pretty much guaranteeing them they’d be sued if they aired the program. Don’t worry, I am certain CBC will come through – give them a week or so. Miscavige just can’t seem to get it through his thick skull that the more he censors, his crimes become more his future; never even considering for a moment that should instead he simply come clean, those crimes would become his past.

These recent events makes me wonder just how many other outlets were shuddered into silence in the last week.

“If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” – George Washington

I think the real headline here is that Scn's lawyers and spokespeople still have tongues after what they said in the New Yorker.

AnonKat

Crusader
Lover of Anon

From the Dox-Meister

AnonLover | February 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Reply

This is outrageous, but not surprising.

Marty no offense but you seriously need to get some tech support help (of the computer wizardry & web savvy kind). As long as your relying on a big service provider like wordpress to host your blog, there will always be weaknesses in their broad consumer base policies to exploit with bogus claims.

Here’s hoping somebody with ‘puter skills steps up and helps this man get his blog moved to his own private web hosting service. Secure his perimeters in the virtual real and whatnot… nobody deserves be censored, and obviously marty has bigger fish to fry in the days ahead – he should be able to do so without having to hassle with explaining bs antics to the wordpress folks.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
We have received complaints that you are promoting your site in unsolicited emails.

So, a spam campaign was launched supporting his blog, and nobody did a header analysis of the emails?

Bullshit.

AnonKat

Crusader
Alanzo

LOL

Alanzo | February 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Reply

Funny you should mention that, Marty.

As you could probably guess, I have news delivered to me on Scientology via robo-powered Google bot. And on Thursday morning, a link to a news story by the Boston Herald called “FBI eyeing Tom Cruise’s ties to sect” appeared in the list.

But when I clicked on the link, the page at the Boston Herald returned a “404 Error”, meaning that it was no longer there. And when I performed a search on the Boston Herald website, it turns up no such article.

The article was by Megan Johnson and contained this teaser: “The “Knight & Day” megastar, who regularly pals around with Church of Scientology head David Miscavige, has been dragged into an FBI …”

Was the Church of Scientology able to censor the Boston Herald? Are the editors of the Boston Herald such a bunch of Journo-Wussies that they would let an insignificant little cult shudder them into silence?

Only members of this blog would know.

Keep up the great work, Marty.

Scientology can do absolutely nothing about free speech on the Internet.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
From the Dox-Meister

Funny thing is MR already tried it and the cult had his domain corrupted in a matter of days. Fact is Marty needs the protection and expertise of a large host like word press because the second he puts it in his own ametuer hands the cult is licking its chops. Word press may have it's headaches but it's size ensures Marty stays afloat. (Even funnier is he thought the domain hack was to " cut his theta comm lines" until a few people pointed out it was mainly to ensure his actual blog had a low google ranking, the corrupted domain became #1 on google (and went nowhere) and was followed by all the black PR cult sites. His reactivated word press blog became nearly impossible to find via google unless you knew to search for word press. Cult members searching for info for the first time would rely on search engines, his choir had no problem getting back to the old blog - exactly what the cult wanted)

Just goes to show how the cult ensures ignorance of the outside world and it's tools. Marty is as web savvy as most of us were in 1995, even though I'm sure he was involved in countless ops against SPs on the web. He probably figured his OT powers would make him a tech expert in no time, but maybe he's finally realizing that "web 2.0 for dummies" will do him a million time more good than his Homo Novous status.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ya see, this is one of the reasons I don't trust Marty.

In the interest of keeping the grand Censor in the dark, I won’t disclose the evidence I have linking both of these Ops to the Office of Special Affairs of Scientology Inc carrying out the orders of the grand Censor himself.

If ya have REAL evidence, USE IT!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
None of this would be happening if he's just spring for a real website and pay for protections from abuse of it as so many other companies and individuals do.

If he had his own site, it would eventually be picked up by the nain google news search, something that does not happen with wordpress, which is a blog.

omnom

Patron with Honors

[...]just can’t seem to get it through his thick skull that the more he censors, his crimes become more his future; never even considering for a moment that should instead he simply come clean, those crimes would become his past.

Anyone else here find the irony in this specific statement?

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ya see, this is one of the reasons I don't trust Marty.

If ya have REAL evidence, USE IT!

Agreed. This is key.

Scientology doesn't know how not to censor. It practiced on Paulette Cooperd and hasn't changed anything since. It is built-in to the programming.

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
Anyone else here find the irony in this specific statement?

Marty certainly goes to absurd lengths to paper over the deficiencies of Hubbard, including squashing discussion of them on his blog.

However, I don't see the equivalence with the Church of Scientology reaching out to prevent critical discussion anywhere it can. As far as I know, Marty's not trying to shut down the many places on the Internet critical of Hubbard and the Tech.

He certainly has the right to constrain discussion on his own blog and to dismiss critical discussion as natter.

And we have to right to laugh at it. Everyone's happy and irony free.

omnom

Patron with Honors
Marty certainly goes to absurd lengths to paper over the deficiencies of Hubbard, including squashing discussion of them on his blog.

However, I don't see the equivalence with the Church of Scientology reaching out to prevent critical discussion anywhere it can. As far as I know, Marty's not trying to shut down the many places on the Internet critical of Hubbard and the Tech.

He certainly has the right to constrain discussion on his own blog and to dismiss critical discussion as natter.

And we have to right to laugh at it. Everyone's happy and irony free.

My point was not to equate him directly with the current group of folks running the show. Right or wrong, people have called for him (Mr. Rathbun) to disclose his past transgressions within the Org, to which they were derided as "wrong target" kind of folks that he lumps into the "You hate LRH as much as DM hates LRH" category, without speaking with any of us - at the very least, not me (let's not generalize too much, amirite?)

He has an absolute right to his own space on his blog. I do not dispute that in any way.

My point is that as he dismisses calls for him to come clean, he's finally said that someone else, DM, *should* come clean to avoid continuing his own criminality.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Mr. Rathbun the best, but I am able and willing to read, and I'm not an idiot. People who spoke out against abuse decades ago are still persona non grata as "squirrels" and "haters" and other though-stopping terms.

As he calls names to the people still trapped as stupid kool-aid drinkers, he forgets that other people figured out what was going on before he did, without giving all of them the proper credit - he's given tips of the hat to some long and not-so-long time critics, but he's not given credit to all of those who fell for the abusive organization for "less" time than he did.

I don't think we're arguing any point here, I just wanted an excuse to stand on a soapbox :)

To reiterate, I feel no ill will towards Rathbun. I'd still buy him a beer and have a chat and a handshake if given the chance. I'm just calling bullshit on his public actions, that's all. If he has the evidence he hints that he has, he could end this in short order. He doesn't have to abandon his faith to do so - he only needs to report on the criminal conspiracy that exists right now in upper CofS echelons to do so.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
My point was not to equate him directly with the current group of folks running the show. Right or wrong, people have called for him (Mr. Rathbun) to disclose his past transgressions within the Org, to which they were derided as "wrong target" kind of folks that he lumps into the "You hate LRH as much as DM hates LRH" category, without speaking with any of us - at the very least, not me (let's not generalize too much, amirite?)

He has an absolute right to his own space on his blog. I do not dispute that in any way.

My point is that as he dismisses calls for him to come clean, he's finally said that someone else, DM, *should* come clean to avoid continuing his own criminality.

Don't get me wrong, I wish Mr. Rathbun the best, but I am able and willing to read, and I'm not an idiot. People who spoke out against abuse decades ago are still persona non grata as "squirrels" and "haters" and other though-stopping terms.

As he calls names to the people still trapped as stupid kool-aid drinkers, he forgets that other people figured out what was going on before he did, without giving all of them the proper credit - he's given tips of the hat to some long and not-so-long time critics, but he's not given credit to all of those who fell for the abusive organization for "less" time than he did.

I don't think we're arguing any point here, I just wanted an excuse to stand on a soapbox :)

To reiterate, I feel no ill will towards Rathbun. I'd still buy him a beer and have a chat and a handshake if given the chance. I'm just calling bullshit on his public actions, that's all. If he has the evidence he hints that he has, he could end this in short order. He doesn't have to abandon his faith to do so - he only needs to report on the criminal conspiracy that exists right now in upper CofS echelons to do so.

What he said...

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
I'm just calling bullshit on his public actions, that's all. If he has the evidence he hints that he has, he could end this in short order. He doesn't have to abandon his faith to do so - he only needs to report on the criminal conspiracy that exists right now in upper CofS echelons to do so.

I see your point now. He did recently claim to be spilling the beans, although who knows if he really is. I agree that if he's withholding valuable information from law enforcement, he's a hypocrite. OK, worse than that. A scoundrel. A bounder. A cad.

CofS has gotten away with so much for so long, it's hard for me to imagine them being put out of business by the police. They survived even the Operation Snow White convictions.

I predict their dissolution in bankruptcy court.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Yet another MartyLand post complaining about actions which are perfectly in alignment with L Ron Hubbard tech - yet - look who's pointing it out, and, on the actual blog:
Alanzo | February 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Reply

From Page 5, “The Manual of Justice” 1959, by L Ron Hubbard

PROCEDURE ON ENTHETA PRESS

In the case of a bad magazine article which is signed, use the following procedure:

1. Tell them by letter to retract at once in the next issue.

2. Hire a private detective of a national-type firm to investigate the writer, not the magazine, and get any criminal or Communist background the man has. (Because all subversive activities foolishly use criminals they “have something on” and men who have been paid to attack attack us, you’ll have data incoming from the detective agency if they do their work well.

3. Have your lawyers or solicitors write the magazine threatening suit. (Hardly ever permit a real suit – they’re more of a nuisance to you than they’re worth.)

4. Use the data you got from the detective at long last to write the author of the article a very tantalizing letter. Don’t give him your data on him. Just tell him we know something very interesting about him and wouldn’t he like to come in and talk about it. (If he comes, ask him to sign a confession of collusion and slander – people at that level often will, just to commit suicide – and publish it in a paid ad in the paper if you get it.) Chances are he won’t arrive. But he’ll sure shudder into silence.

5. Give any new data you have from the detective to your attorneys for their use against the magazine.

6. Don’t let the whole matter disrupt you, take much time, or upset the central organization.

That’s where the term “shudder into silence” comes from.

. . . good on ya, Alanzo!!

PinkyandTheGrey

Patron with Honors
If Mr. Rathburn has read the latest set of basics and still wants to have faith in Lucifer R Flubbturd then he will fall just as hard as the slap happy midget.
... now where did I put that paperwork on starting my own religion ...

THE LATEST SET OF BASICS:
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/Bare...%20Messiah.pdf
images

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/atack/
images

http://www.scobeepublishing.com/
220px-Scientology_-_Abuse_at_the_Top.jpg

http://www.blownforgood.com/
blown-for-good.jpg

Last edited: