What's new

Marty Rathbun-- Liar, Loon or Both

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
picture.php

Carmelo is that you? You were a hot looking hippie back then!:thumbsup:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
That's a hell of a generalization, Mick. There are a lot of non CofS Scn'ists who aren't pricks or liars. IIRC, one of them visited you and had a nice time.

Glad YOu think so Claire.

Scientology produces pricks and liars. it also produces cowards.

only when someone get's OUT of it do they start to recover what they were before.

But while they are still in it?

Pricks and liars.

Ooh and I know the word "generalization' is such a a "bad' word for scientologists - but I am not one and i really do not care about it. It IS a generalization and it happens to be true. Scientologists are pricks and liars. How can they be otherwise - you cannot remain a scientologist unless you are prepared to follow the words of the Hubbard and are prepared to believe that what he wrote about was both true and a factual. While KNOWING it is not the case.

that makes them liars. trying to sucker others into it - that makes them pricks.

Marty's an ex. And before you roll your eyes at my defending him, I'll tell you that I'm not doing any such thing. If he's a prick and a liar it's because that's what he is, that's what he's doing. But he's no longer a member of a group that forces him to do that. Anything he does now is done on his own with no cultic pressure or indoctrination of any kind.

Says you. He is STILL a member of it. For several reasons. he knows no other thing to be. unlike you Claire he has had no life at all outside of the cult for decades. he joined young and has stayed within the confines of it for his entire adult life. he has absolutely no other skills. (Same for rinder).

When he finally starts to walk away from scientology then he may, indeed, still be a prick and a liar. At this point it's a little hard to see where the independent twat is and where the cultic twat ends.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Glad YOu think so Claire.

Scientology produces pricks and liars. it also produces cowards.

only when someone get's OUT of it do they start to recover what they were before.

But while they are still in it?

Pricks and liars.

Ooh and I know the word "generalization' is such a a "bad' word for scientologists - but I am not one and i really do not care about it. It IS a generalization and it happens to be true. Scientologists are pricks and liars. How can they be otherwise - you cannot remain a scientologist unless you are prepared to follow the words of the Hubbard and are prepared to believe that what he wrote about was both true and a factual. While KNOWING it is not the case.

that makes them liars. trying to sucker others into it - that makes them pricks.

Says you. He is STILL a member of it. For several reasons. he knows no other thing to be. unlike you Claire he has had no life at all outside of the cult for decades. he joined young and has stayed within the confines of it for his entire adult life. he has absolutely no other skills. (Same for rinder).

When he finally starts to walk away from scientology then he may, indeed, still be a prick and a liar. At this point it's a little hard to see where the independent twat is and where the cultic twat ends.

Well, it's just that when you say that you are including all Scn'ists, FZ, Indie, Heretical, Church- any of them- in that. That being the case, I'm surprised you were happy to meet one of them in a friendly fashion.

Marty isn't every Scn'ist.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Maybe it could be said that a *successful* Scientologist is a prick and a liar. Lucky for all, Scientology is seldom as successful as Ron intended.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Maybe it could be said that a *successful* Scientologist is a prick and a liar. Lucky for all, Scientology is seldom as successful as Ron intended.

Zinj

Almost everyone here is an ex. They were once Scn'ists. A lot of us DID lie when in the cult and were pricks. But not all. Saying that all Scn'ists are pricks and liars is saying that every single ex member was a prick and a liar. That's just not the case. It's also saying that all FZers and Indies are pricks and liars, also not the case.

And before anyone tells me, ah but this stuff they believe isn't true- that makes them a liar- well, no, it doesn't. I don't call Christians liars, not even the fundies who really think the world was created in 6 days and that everyone's going to hell except them and that God hates Gays. I don't call Hindus liars, I don't call atheists liars- and as far as I can see, they're all wrong about at least some things. So what. It happens.

I also made it quite clear that I was not defending Marty. I've read a number of things he's been saying and been watching him set himself up as a sort of Pope in Avignon (historical allusion) and I really can't and won't defend any of that.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Zinj

Almost everyone here is an ex. They were once Scn'ists. A lot of us DID lie when in the cult and were pricks. But not all. Saying that all Scn'ists are pricks and liars is saying that every single ex member was a prick and a liar. That's just not the case. It's also saying that all FZers and Indies are pricks and liars, also not the case. (snip a bunch of stuff about Claire and some odd definition of 'liar' that she refutes but has nothing to do with the current thread)

And, you should look to your adjectives; I said *successful* Scientologist. A *successful* Scientologist *will* lie for the cause, often when it's not even necessary. And a 'successful' Scientologist will run roughshod over anything or one who even appears to be 'counter intention' to Scientology. It's practically a tautology to say Successful Scientologist = Prick + Liar.

Unfortunately, and for *some* (by no means all) those traits do tend to color over into other aspects of life beyond Scientology's War On Society, Wogs and Sanity.

Zinj

AnonKat

Crusader
SO MUCH VENOM

And, you should look to your adjectives; I said *successful* Scientologist. A *successful* Scientologist *will* lie for the cause, often when it's not even necessary. And a 'successful' Scientologist will run roughshod over anything or one who even appears to be 'counter intention' to Scientology. It's practically a tautology to say Successful Scientologist = Prick + Liar.

Unfortunately, and for *some* (by no means all) those traits do tend to color over into other aspects of life beyond Scientology's War On Society, Wogs and Sanity.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

Zinj

I was mainly referring to Mick's posts. So I think my adjectives worked out ok.