What's new

Marty Rathbun on Mike Rinder

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Marty Rathbun on Mike Rinder

Mike Rinder: The Antithesis of David Miscavige
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/mike-rinder-the-antithesis-of-david-miscavige/
Mike Rinder: The Antithesis of David Miscavige

Posted on September 14, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 51 Comments

Mike Rinder was written up today by editor in chief at the Village Voice Tony Ortega:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/mike_rinder_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

Tony focuses largely on the critics of Mike.

Now, the rest of the story.

I’ve alluded it to it before. But, now I’ll make it crystal clear. Mike Rinder was beat on the order of fifty times by David Miscavige. The reason is simple. Mike Rinder was the shock absorber between David Miscavige’s psychotic intentions and the public at large. Pure and simple.

I witnessed many of the beatings. This is typically how they would play out.

Miscavige: Rinder, those protest signs are aimed at one person and one person alone, me! What the f*** is OSA doing about it?

Rinder: (calmly, cooly) Sir, we are re-routing the staff and public so that no one sees them. We are investigating the instigator to determine if some vested interest is behind this…

Miscavige: (turns to Marty) Did you hear that SP?! He couldn’t care less. Totally nonchalant. He is perfectly fine with ME getting smeared! (turns to Rinder) You f****** SP! I don’t want the sons of bitches “investigated”, I want them destroyed! Squashed like F****** cockroaches. Get that fat Nazi bitch Kurt Weiland up here Shelly. Get f****** OSA to make up signs now about the pig who started this – and get some real public who love me – unlike this SP Rinder – go picket his f****** house. (turns to me, points at Rinder) Look at him, he’s just sitting there…I have to handle everything, even my own defense…f****** pie face. (Miscavige cups his hand and whacks Rinder full force on the ear, storms out of room cursing up a storm).

(Rinder is his inimitable, diplomatic style quietly interjects himself back into the cycle, editing OSA’s signs so that they are not so blantantly unlawfully threatening. He also sustains another beating or two for reporting directly to Miscavige that the public in front of such-and-sos home are creating a terrible PR situation. Ultimately, after three vicious beatings Mike survives when a PR flap of magnitude intercedes and Mike has got to clean up, dress up and appear on national TV as the public face of Scientology. Mike somehow regains his equilibrium and comes across as the calm, rational guy he is. Only then does Miscavige stop obsessing on the protesters and Wieland wisely and quietly follows Mike’s advice and calls off the dogs)

No exaggeration. I’ll give examples in my book – but this is a distillation of a day in the life of Mike Rinder at the International Headquarters of Radical Corporate Scientology.

Yeah, I got choked up in Germany. And I’m choking up now because fact of the matter is every time (and they were multiple per week) that I served as a sounding board for Miscavige in this wise, I not only perpetuated the destruction of Scientology, I allowed a great man and a good friend to be tortured and denigrated.

But, Mike is the living proof of one truth Nietzsche offered:

What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.

Mike Rinder is perhaps the strongest man I know.

Mike Rinder was and is a better man than I.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's all very sad and all.
Most on this board understand the hold the cult has over people and understand the blog post in that context.

BUT most of the world don't know, don't particularly care and all they see is an adult man being continually beaten and abused and staying for more. Perpetuating the drama and abuse.

Read that again with wog eyes.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Watching recent videos with Mike Rinder in them, I was struck by how cold and empty his eyes are. He seems to be completely 'switched off' emotionally.

bryan004.jpg

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Watching recent videos with Mike Rinder in them, I was struck by how cold and empty his eyes are. He seems to be completely 'switched off' emotionally.

bryan004.jpg

Yep!:thumbsup:

Nailed it, Smilla! :yes:

“Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But really, the people who say those kinds of things, they really don't have a clue.” Mike Rinder to Tony Ortega.

No, Mike…that’s not true.

I "have a clue".

I knew you, personally, and have written about that before on ESMB.

You are the consummate PR and Children of the Corn…it’s how you relate to others and the world.

“I witnessed many of the beatings.” Marty Rathbun’s Blog OP re: Mike Rinder.

Bully for you, Marty.

I knew you, personally, and have written about that before on ESMB.

You are the consummate Show-Boater and Status-Seeker…it’s how you relate to others and the world.

However, I do appreciate the damage that you are doing to the Cof$ and I wish to personally thank both of you for being two of the folks--along with DM and others--that, over 20 years ago, caused me to realize that Cof$ was FUBAR.

I was never in Y’all’s League…that’s why I walked away…I finally realized that the deceit, inhumanity and savagery was only gonna get worse and I couldn’t live with myself if my future in the SO and Scn meant becoming like, and acting on orders from, folks like DM and you.

Try as I may, I just can’t garner any sympathy within me for Y’all’s "Tales of Woe" as DM’s right and left hands.

Having said all that, I wish both of you well on the long, hard road to truth before you.:yes:

Face :)

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Marty's crude PR machine said:
. . .
Mike Rinder was and is a better man than I.

Ah, poor Marty hasn't yet had the cognition that Mike's Tweedle Dee.... and he's Tweedle Dumb.
dumdeedumb2.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
Rinder says that the G.O. did crazy illegal things but, OSA, under his direction, no longer did anything illegal. If you believe that illegal acts ended when Rinder headed OSA, I've some oil wells in Atlantic City to sell you.

Also, at no point does Rinder mention that the crazy illegal things done by the G.O were under the direction of Hubbard.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Rinder says that the G.O. did crazy illegal things but, OSA, under his direction, no longer did anything illegal. If you believe that illegal acts ended when Rinder headed OSA, I've some oil wells in Atlantic City to sell you.

Also, at no point does Rinder mention that the crazy illegal things done by the G.O were under the direction of Hubbard.

another-day-of-the-same-old-bullshit.jpg

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hello ???

Is there anybody in there ????

The best question but can wait longgggggggggggggggggg for an answer

:lol:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Just for the record . . .

Jesse Prince | November 2, 2010 at 5:31 am | Reply

I’m glad you brought up this subject of how the crimminality and destructive behavior escalated to what it is today in Scientology. I will start by saying I am not an L Ron Hubbard hater. I am also not an L Ron Hubbard adorer either. I just want to bring up personal knowledge that I have concerning Miss Cabbag’s odd behavior of abusing staff. The behavior of attacking staff DID NOT start with Miss Cabbage or Marty R or anyone else. Here is how it started from my eye wittness account. The year was 1982. The majority of International management (Exec Strata and CMO INT) had been removed from post. Out of that group of people there were two of them that really irritated L Ron personally. The two people I am refering to here is John Attack (EDIT: most likely John Aczel) and David Mayo. For those who were around in 1983, there was RTC Conditions Order #1, a Com Ev on about 12-18 people. The exact number that comes to mind was about 18, but on this I could be mistaken but it was an unsual amount of people on the bill of particulars. I was either a member or secretary of that comm ev that went on for months. During this time RTC as well as ASI and CMOI would send up weekly reports to L Ron on the state of affairs with Int Mgmt ..etc. A report was sent to him each week concerning the comm ev and L Ron would often order this or that investigation of the people being comm ev’d. John Attack was the Exec Strata person over Div 6 activities and L Ron pretty much hated John and I understand hate is a strong word but so were the circumstances. To make a long story short, I read an advice from L Ron to Miss Cabbage ordering him to spit in John’s face and tell him that was from L. Ron. Miss Cabbage complyed with his order and reported the result. I saw the advice that came back to the compliance report of spitting in John’s face and L Ron was very pleased to here the news and escalated the situation by suggesting someone should slap the hell out of John Attack. Sure enough, as John was held by others, John was beaten by Miss Cabbage. Similar degrading actions were taken with David Mayo and this soon spread to others deemed to be SP’s. Prior to this it was unheard of at least by me for any staff member to attack another staff member. In fact it was a serious ethics offence to attack a fellow staff member. I knew Miss Cabbage before he was asked by L Ron to attack staff. He NEVER put a hand on any staff member period and I knew him for years prior to his orders to attack staff members. His wife Shelly would also encourage other executives to abuse staff in this manner and if they didn’t they were accused of having their finger falter on the trigger of a gun. In other words, pull the trigger. God only knows what the hell she was talking about but there you have it. It is so important to have the truth known so that people are not confused.

. . . those who do not learn from the mistakes of history, and all that.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
From Infinite's post from Jesse Prince:

For those who were around in 1983, there was RTC Conditions Order #1, a Com Ev on about 12-18 people.

Oh god does that bring back memories. Does anyone else remember this?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Re: Just for the record . . .

. . . those who do not learn from the mistakes of history, and all that.

Hm, blame it on the woman eh. (as per Jesse's quote)
:shrug:

i cannot believe for one second that DM is not a twisted product of LRon's mind, so, knowing what I do, little as it may be, the Wee Dwarf abusing anyone is of no surprize.

:bigcry: to all who has endured it.

A big 'Fuck You!' for those who have, and cannot figure out where it came from, and spew away like old cancerous warts.

iya.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Jump

Operating teatime
I just had to format that wall o' text..

(tl;dr: Hubbard made them do it.)

Jesse Prince | November 2, 2010 at 5:31 am | Reply

I’m glad you brought up this subject of how the crimminality and destructive behavior escalated to what it is today in Scientology. I will start by saying I am not an L Ron Hubbard hater. I am also not an L Ron Hubbard adorer either.

I just want to bring up personal knowledge that I have concerning Miss Cabbag’s odd behavior of abusing staff. The behavior of attacking staff DID NOT start with Miss Cabbage or Marty R or anyone else.

Here is how it started from my eye wittness account. The year was 1982. The majority of International management (Exec Strata and CMO INT) had been removed from post. Out of that group of people there were two of them that really irritated L Ron personally. The two people I am refering to here is John Attack (EDIT: most likely John Aczel) and David Mayo.

For those who were around in 1983, there was RTC Conditions Order #1, a Com Ev on about 12-18 people. The exact number that comes to mind was about 18, but on this I could be mistaken but it was an unsual amount of people on the bill of particulars. I was either a member or secretary of that comm ev that went on for months.

During this time RTC as well as ASI and CMOI would send up weekly reports to L Ron on the state of affairs with Int Mgmt ..etc. A report was sent to him each week concerning the comm ev and L Ron would often order this or that investigation of the people being comm ev’d. John Attack was the Exec Strata person over Div 6 activities and L Ron pretty much hated John and I understand hate is a strong word but so were the circumstances.

To make a long story short, I read an advice from L Ron to Miss Cabbage ordering him to spit in John’s face and tell him that was from L. Ron. Miss Cabbage complyed with his order and reported the result. I saw the advice that came back to the compliance report of spitting in John’s face and L Ron was very pleased to here the news and escalated the situation by suggesting someone should slap the hell out of John Attack.

Sure enough, as John was held by others, John was beaten by Miss Cabbage. Similar degrading actions were taken with David Mayo and this soon spread to others deemed to be SP’s.

Prior to this it was unheard of at least by me for any staff member to attack another staff member. In fact it was a serious ethics offence to attack a fellow staff member.

I knew Miss Cabbage before he was asked by L Ron to attack staff. He NEVER put a hand on any staff member period and I knew him for years prior to his orders to attack staff members.

His wife Shelly would also encourage other executives to abuse staff in this manner and if they didn’t they were accused of having their finger falter on the trigger of a gun. In other words, pull the trigger. God only knows what the hell she was talking about but there you have it.

It is so important to have the truth known so that people are not confused.