What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Re: Marty Rathbun strikes again.

The library/bookcase background....

I'm trying to remember specifics, but I seem to remember Scientology videos where someone was delivering a "serious" monologue...there would always be a library/bookcase background. Like that would position the person as being some sort of a well read intellectual.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

OK. I'm answering my own question.

Here's an image of Norman Starkey.

Look familiar?

Looks like they even used the same lamp.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Marty, being the knowledge giving teacher that you are I understand you will be reading here. What with your concern for that which others learn from your sharing I am sure these post will go through a thorough scrutiny by yourself. So with that in mind I'm leaving this here for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVevvbFNKiY

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Since Marty has written books himself, it must rankle to make such statements about authors wordss being untrustworthy because they are "just in it for the money."

Your point about how a bible is actually read is good, but since Marty only drops bombs and refuses to engage with any criticism, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an answer!

I can't imagine too many people finding his new video convincing - who is the real audience?
Other big beans such as Virginia and Michael McClaughry, Alanzo and a few died in the wooling Marty lovers...

This is gag order buy out blood money talking from the cult of Scientology.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander

Yes, that's what caught my eye immediately. Video is staged and lit exactly like many
of the videos produced at the Gold Base.

Here's one of the lawyers from a video on one of their dead agent websites.

Eric_Lieberman.jpg

The production values in Marty's video are very high:

• Quality sports coat . . . rather a nice one
  • Perfect makeup
  • Subject is perfectly lit and in focus; background well lit also
  • Good quality studio lights are being used; coloration similar
  • Background is out of focus (good quality lens)
  • Microphone is professional quality
  • All background elements (books, lamp, plant) exactly placed
    for good compositional balance in the frame
I could go on. Someone really spent some time and money on his video.
Really professional work, IMO. :shrug:

Last edited:

John McGhee

Patron

I'm trying to remember specifics, but I seem to remember Scientology videos where someone was delivering a "serious" monologue...there would always be a library/bookcase background. Like that would position the person as being some sort of a well read intellectual.

Marty and Pierre Ethier both used such backdrops as far as I remember

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, that's what caught my eye immediately. Video is staged and lit exactly like many

View attachment 13518

• Perfect makeup
    for good compositional balance

I could go on. Someone really spent some time and money on this video.
Scientology Media Productions:coolwink::wink2:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
From Tony's:

We did - via the Church of Scientology. That is where your donations go.

I saw someone post on another blog "Marty is doing his A thru E whilst
Mike Rinder and Leah Remini are doing A&E " It certainly appears that way!

:hysterical:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology Media Productions:coolwink::wink2:

I see this as a very clear sign that the "troika" of Willie, Mickey and the Duke aka Tony, Leah, and Mike have caused a very serious erosion within Scientology itself, in addition to inoculating millions of public viewers against it and it's predatory and deceptive "front groups."

I believe that Scientology is in full panic mode at this point, in recognition of the inevitability of the
law enforcement and judicial scrutiny that will accompany the tsunami of revelations that are to come.

If Marty has, in fact, been enlisted to "dead agent" them(I think he has), it signals a desperation and an unraveling, even worse than in 1977.

Leah, Mike, and Tony have placed Scientology's execrable behavior front and center into the marketplace of ideas, where it is being honestly examined, judged, and ​rejected.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

View attachment 13518

• Perfect makeup
    for good compositional balance in the frame
I could go on. Someone really spent some time and money on his video.

THANK YOU. I'm glad to hear it's not just me who thought it looked like something COS did.

I was on staff for years and I saw so many videos and images created in Scientology studios.

The Marty video...just had that familiar vibe. I couldn't even remember really any specific image that it reminded me of, but it just looked so much like a Scientology photo op.

I bet if you go through a bunch of Source magazines (Flag's magazine) you'll see all kinds of auditing/courseroom shots that have the same book/lamp/plant thing going on in the background.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
WATER! Can we get some water here people?! Looking a little parched, the nervous swallowing is distracting.

Where is that water boy?! Bypass, bypass - assign lower condition, no higher than Liability!

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
he is obviously very nervous about this video.
He seems like he needs to clear his throat all the time.
All the signs of a liar and cheat - living up to his fabulous reputation.:no:
I agree, it has been made by $cn and he somehow does feel a bit shite about what he is doing.
I wonder how much he got in the end.
How does his partner feel about it?
Does money really solve ALL feelings of guilt?
He also find himself so important, as always.....
Marty, if anybody is going to hell, I think it will be you mate.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
If a person has a conscience money does not alleviate guilt. Just some kind of addiction, usually, to drown it out.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

LOL

ANSWER: HellYeah! Scientologists are unable to offer anything of real value to the world. They are quite insecure about being busted as frauds, charlatans and liars--thus, they are in desperate need of the trappings of authority, certainty & gravitas.

That's why they stage their "briefings" with various props like BOOKS or FLAGS.

Scientology Motto: When you've got absolutely nothing except pseudoscience & lies, try to demonstrate your sincerity by surrounding yourself with symbols that scream: "Trust Me I'm an authority!"

HubbardDesk.jpg

images

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Marty's video and future videos are gonna be analyzed and debated
maybe more than the 1963 Zapruder film was.

We have the "troika" taking their places out on our own version of the grassy
knoll
too. Should set the stage for a lot of conspiratorial figure-figure and fun
times for all in the next few months.
Buckle up. Can't wait for the next video. :yes:

In the meantime, an important compendium of all of Marty's interviews,
writings, and notes has just been published. It's the most comprehensive
and exact mapping of all of Marty's "mind and inner thoughts" in chronological
order and heavily footnoted for your "full conceptual understanding."

The Complete Encyclopedic Writings of Mark "Marty" Rathbun

An Integral Vision for Human Psychology, Religion, Spirituality, and Science

A comprehensive overview of Marty's revolutionary thoughts and their
application in today's chaotic world. Clear, nontechnical language is used
to present complex, cutting-edge theories that integrate the realms of body,
mind, soul, and spirit . . . and a few other things.

. . . . . thick-book-guy.jpg

Read at your own peril. :wink2:

M9 twins available. :omg:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

THANK YOU. I'm glad to hear it's not just me who thought it looked like something COS did.

I was on staff for years and I saw so many videos and images created in Scientology studios.

The Marty video...just had that familiar vibe. I couldn't even remember really any specific image that it reminded me of, but it just looked so much like a Scientology photo op.

I bet if you go through a bunch of Source magazines (Flag's magazine) you'll see all kinds of auditing/courseroom shots that have the same book/lamp/plant thing going on in the background.

You are definitely not the only one who thought it looked like a CoS production. :no:

Here's one of a number of comments I've seen from individuals with an insider perspective:

Cross-posted from comments section at the Bunker:

Jefferson Hawkins3 hours ago

Marty is a tragic, damaged figure. Like Scientology itself, he creates his own enemies. A lot of people were rooting for him when he first went public, myself included. But one by one, he has alienated and antagonized everyone who was a potential friend or ally.

This latest video is obviously (to me) produced by Scientology. The lighting, the framing, the focus, the background, all standard for Scientology videos. If it was any other production company, it would look quite different. They may as well have put a Scientology stamp on it.

His conspiracy theory about how the anti-Scientology "cult" is a monolithic entity run from the top down is very much rooted in Scientology-think. Scientology cannot conceive that opposition to Scientology has sprung up organically, or that it is a result of their own abuses against their staff and members. According to Scientology, people only oppose Scientology because they are paid (by the psychs, by Eli Lilly, etc.), and are being run by a central command authority. Marty buys into this fully. Anyone who is anti-Scientology, in his mind, is being brainwashed and run by a central authority. It's delusional.

People are against Scientology because of the abuses, lies, fraud, and dirty tricks of Scientology. Period. No one has to tell them to be anti-Scientology. They figured out for themselves the true nature of the cult. Now, more and more are speaking out and telling their stories. And more and more people are finding out what goes on behind the curtain. It is growing organically, virally - something Scientology - and Marty - cannot conceive of. They only understand top-down authority.

Fantastic news about the Lifetime movie of Troublemaker. Leah is on a roll.

As Karen De la Carriere brilliantly put it, Marty is doing A to E, Mike (and Leah) are doing A&E.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Here's part of an exchange taken from comments section at the Bunker today:

Mat Peschan hour ago

I just want to put something in prospective regarding Marty. Amy and I went to visit Marty at least a few months before the Truth Rundown series in the Tampa Bay Times. Marty was living happily on the gulf of Texas. He had not talked to any Scientologists since he had left and he had LOTS of friends in his local community. Mostly we fished, played board games, cooked out and laughed. Amy and I mentioned how our families were being affected by disconnection. Marty on his own decided to speak out to the Tampa Bay Times in an effort to do something about the disconnection problem. He knew he would be attacked and actually advised Amy and I not to get involved, which of course we did anyway. Marty had no dog in the fight. He wasn't personally disconnected from any family. What Marty did was major in getting the ball rolling in the exposing of disconnection and the abuses of this "church". Of course he was attacked which also meant that his wife was attacked even though she had never been involved with Scientology. Eventually Marty and his wife adopted a beautiful baby boy. At that point he had to consider the survival of not just himself, but his innocent family. Its easy to judge people when you are not in their shoes. It is very difficult to untangle from a cult after 3 decades. It is a confusing process at times. It needs to be supported. That's my two cents.

TonyOrtega Mat Peschan hour ago

Thanks, Mat, but you're skipping a key detail. It's something so many people always leave out. In testimony after the lawsuit was filed, Monique explained that the coming adoption was the reason they filed the lawsuit in the first place. So the constant refrain that they dropped the lawsuit because they adopted a child just doesn't work. Six months after they adopted in Nov. 2013, the adoption was permanent, Miscavige couldn't mess with it, and a court injunction was in place. They walked away from all that, including the court protection. Why? They've never explained it. And as Ray Jeffrey previously explained, this new theory that Miscavige threatened the adoption if they didn't drop it doesn't comport with the facts. But even if they had a good reason for dropping a winning lawsuit, Rathbun's subsequent attacks on Ron Sr., Louis Theroux, Karen de la Carriere, and yes, this website, don't make any sense either. So, as to your plea, there's being understanding and there's being blind. We choose not to be blind.

Free Being Me

Crusader

I see this as a very clear sign that the "troika" of Willie, Mickey and the Duke aka Tony, Leah, and Mike have caused a very serious erosion within Scientology itself, in addition to inoculating millions of public viewers against it and it's predatory and deceptive "front groups."

I believe that Scientology is in full panic mode at this point, in recognition of the inevitability of the
law enforcement and judicial scrutiny that will accompany the tsunami of revelations that are to come.

If Marty has, in fact, been enlisted to "dead agent" them(I think he has), it signals a desperation and an unraveling, even worse than in 1977.

Leah, Mike, and Tony have placed Scientology's execrable behavior front and center into the marketplace of ideas, where it is being honestly examined, judged, and ​rejected.
IMO, Marty pipes up intentionally diverting attention away from disinfectant sunshine aimed at $cientology such as Leah's t.v. show and trash talking people too who are keeping the spotlight on $cio-cult abuses and deceptive ploys meant to mislead the public.

Rock on Leah! :)

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
he is obviously very nervous about this video.
He seems like he needs to clear his throat all the time.
All the signs of a liar and cheat - living up to his fabulous reputation.:no:
I agree, it has been made by $cn and he somehow does feel a bit shite about what he is doing.
I wonder how much he got in the end.
How does his partner feel about it?
Does money really solve ALL feelings of guilt?
He also find himself so important, as always.....
Marty, if anybody is going to hell, I think it will be you mate.

That's the really sickening part of this that isn't even amusing. If he really is back in his family is going to have to go into that crap too. Marty has been in that and can live with it for his remainder but to drag those two in also is unforgivable.
Marty if your in that crap wake the fuck up, those two do not deserve that life. If you aren't in that shit then also wake the fuck up because those two don't deserve THAT life either.

Status
Not open for further replies.