What's new

Marty Rathbun still fronting for $cientology?

Tilly

Patron
I have recently run across information that Rathbun is knocking Leah and Mike. I was shocked since to my understanding he had left $ci. It crossed my mind that maybe he is still in the pocket of $ci. This guy makes a lot of sense.

Lone Star

Crusader
A lot of the news on this site is old yet people are still willing to discuss it.:cool:
Well I wasn't disparaging you at all. There are old threads discussing this. Since you pooped me I'll just say you are, well, a bit clueless.

:cool: :)

(This is a later edited version. Getting in the spirit of that day of love coming up....Black Friday)

Last edited:

Tilly

Patron
Well I wasn't disparaging you at all. There are old threads discussing this. Since you pooped me I'll just say you're a cluless moron.

:bigfinger:
Is that you Marty? Since the last I read you live in Corpus Christi, Texas. Hmmmmmm, Lone Star. Yeah your still a $ci. from your reaction.

Leland

Crusader
Hi Tully,

I’m the last person that should be giving directions on this forum....but Marty is discussed so much here, I believe he was given his very own catagory .....

I think it’s called All about Marty??

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
My wholetrack research has discovered this universal principal:

ALL NEWS ABOUT MARTY RATHBUN
IS CURRENT. EVEN OLD NEWS.

Because his epic journey from Wog to OT to Indie to Apostate to Critic to SP to Avaricious Cult Whore & Facilitator has finally (and mercifully) now come to a complete end. Rathbun has permanently settled in the amalgam persona of a lying wog-OT-indie-apostate-critic-SP-avaricious cult whore & facilitator.

He's now ALL of those things, PLUS every one of those Rathbun identities is also a deranged liar.

Marty is so many things! He has really "expanded" his beingness!

It's not "old news" because there has never been a more profoundly disturbing showcase for how insane Scientologists often become. It should be studied often.

I say, let's welcome ANY and ALL posts (old, new or otherwise) about the OTTTT known as Marty Rathbun.

Operating (Tragic Tale of Turpitude) Thetan.

Last edited:

Tilly

Patron
Hi Tully,

I’m the last person that should be giving directions on this forum....but Marty is discussed so much here, I believe he was given his very own catagory .....

I think it’s called All about Marty??
It's Tilly and you have to remember there are new people coming to this forum and they don't know how much something has been discussed.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It's Tilly and you have to remember there are new people coming to this forum and they don't know how much something has been discussed.

True.

And besides, who doesn't love watching a totally mindless but stupidly funny movie more than once? LOL

Lone Star

Crusader
Is that you Marty? Since the last I read you live in Corpus Christi, Texas. Hmmmmmm, Lone Star. Yeah your still a $ci. from your reaction.
LOL!! Oh you truly are clueless my brutha, but in a loveable way. I tell you what, since it's almost my favorite day of the year....Black Friday, I'm going to go back and edit my post to you.

:biggrin:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have recently run across information that Rathbun is knocking Leah and Mike. I was shocked since to my understanding he had left $ci. It crossed my mind that maybe he is still in the pocket of $ci. This guy makes a lot of sense.

I was really surprised that Louis Theroux allowed this guy (Mango) to be in his movie ... I almost stopped watching (because he is so annoying). I know Louis likes to give people enough rope (to hang themselves) but it was incredibly painful as an ex having to watch this one doing it and (if anything) I felt that it worked for the cofs ... but Theroux was making a documentary so he's supposed to remain impartial and I suppose from that viewpoint it made sense.

Lone Star

Crusader
I was really surprised that Louis Theroux allowed this guy (Mango) to be in his movie ... I almost stopped watching (because he is so annoying). I know Louis likes to give people enough rope (to hang themselves) but it was incredibly painful as an ex having to watch this one doing it and (if anything) I felt that it worked for the cofs ... but Theroux was making a documentary so he's supposed to remain impartial and I suppose from that viewpoint it made sense.
Overall I didn't like the Theroux movie. But I mostly blame Marty because he was being such a Mr. Poopypants throughout and I got the sense that it through Louis off of his game. Or it's just that Marty is such a psychic vampire that he sucked the life out of the whole thing.

The highlight was when they found that young actor to portray DM. That guy nailed it. I would've like to have seen more reenactments involving "DM".

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Overall I didn't like the Theroux movie. But I mostly blame Marty because he was being such a Mr. Poopypants throughout and I got the sense that it through Louis off of his game. Or it's just that Marty is such a psychic vampire that he sucked the life out of the whole thing.

The highlight was when they found that young actor to portray DM. That guy nailed it. I would've like to have seen more reenactments involving "DM".
I would have thought it would take way more than Marty being crabby to throw Louis Theroux off his game (and I think he only really got crabby towards the end anyway didn't he?) ... having said that, I saw an interview (with Louis) not long ago and when asked who most remained in his memory after all his years of doco making (or a very similar question) he said (with warmth) ... Marty Rathbun. So maybe you're right?

I really liked the actor that did DM too, I've never seen DM go off on one myself but I have certainly seen and experienced very closely (too closely!) how a scientologist can turn and become vicious and loud in a nanosecond which seems to be something that is contagious in the cult (and emanated from hubbard originally) and he definitely nailed that.

Lone Star

Crusader
I would have thought it would take way more than Marty being crabby to throw Louis Theroux off his game (and I think he only really got crabby towards the end anyway didn't he?) ... having said that, I saw an interview (with Louis) not long ago and when asked who most remained in his memory after all his years of doco making (or a very similar question) he said (with warmth) ... Marty Rathbun. So maybe you're right?

I really liked the actor that did DM too, I've never seen DM go off on one myself but I have certainly seen and experienced very closely (too closely!) how a scientologist can turn and become vicious and loud in a nanosecond which seems to be something that is contagious in the cult (and emanated from hubbard originally) and he definitely nailed that.
Yes Marty had the melt down at the end, but that was actually entertaining to me. And it was quintessential Marty. Lol...

But throughout the movie he just copped an attitude that for me ruined it. But my never-in friend who watched it with me didn't have that reaction or feeling at all. So my experience was probably unique. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for Marty that day.

I plan to watch it again someday to see if I have the same feeling about it.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I thinked I cringed throughout almost every moment of it ... I found it very hard to watch (though some parts were much worse than others as mentioned earlier) but I do that with every single cult related thing I ever see (including Leah and Mike's series) ... and I think that's understandable.

I very much like Louis Theroux's work in general but was hoping he wouldn't leave the viewer with the impression we were all just complete fools (even if in many ways we were, lol) and I do think he was fair in that regard and clearly he felt bad for Marty (and said so at the opening).

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Yes, actually it's called ''Unreasonableness'' and ''impingement'' in the cult. But powerful cult thetans are very proud to behave such.
Registrars and MAA are superb in acting ars..le like this.
Unprecedented thetaness to grant other beingness anchor points high up reaching infinity!:eek:

I didn't like Louis Theroux movie..for how the personnality flaws of Marty were exploited in regards to the fact that it's not representative of $cientologists...most $cientologists don't fit this portrait. I felt he was thrown baits he bite... :oops:

Last edited:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well I wasn't disparaging you at all. There are old threads discussing this. Since you pooped me I'll just say you are, well, a bit clueless.

:cool: :)

(This is a later edited version. Getting in the spirit of that day of love coming up....Black Friday)
It's almost like putting the poop before the arse.

Tilly

Patron
I have to admit that I find Mango a little aggravating in the since that it takes him forever to make a point. Who would know Rathbun better than someone who worked with him and I found it hilarious that he pointed out how Rathbun is achieving his ratings by using bots.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have to admit that I find Mango a little aggravating in the since that it takes him forever to make a point. Who would know Rathbun better than someone who worked with him and I found it hilarious that he pointed out how Rathbun is achieving his ratings by using bots.
I only know what I saw and heard of him in the Theroux movie along with the first irritating minutes of a couple of his "talks" (inc the one you posted yesterday) ... and I admit that I prefer the written word to videos (so I can glance ahead to see if there is an actual point) but when someone is so clearly a fully paid up member of the 'look at me brigade' all I can think about as I try to watch is how much I want to quietly lean across and give him a nice big dose of wet fish tek.

:hemademe: