What's new

Marty Rathbun's latest Screed/Sales Pitch

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
OK, here's the tl;dr on Marty's latest screed.

Marty says that based on the tech of ACT ONE and the definition of "In Session-- PC interested in own case
and willing to talk to the auditor", being completely altered by the evil midget DM, then you nevah evah really
were "in session" and so never attained all the wins and gains available from the tech.

So Marty is telling us that he's got the REAL TECH THIS TIME!

It's a massive sales pitch on Marty being the King of the Real Tech.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/imagine/

Imagine.

I want you to imagine a scenario for a moment if you will.

Imagine that with every step you ever took in Scientology the following ACT ONE was in.

Please read ACT ONE again. Here it is:

“The auditor and pre-clear are a group. To function well a group must be cleared. The clearing of a group is not difficult. It requires but little time. The relationship of the auditor and pre-clear is not parity. The auditor lends himself to the group as the control center of the group until the pre-clear’s subcontrol center is established under his own control center’s command. The role of the auditor ceases at that moment.

The auditor necessarily owns the pre-clear. He owns the pre-clear on a lessening basis until the pre-clear owns himself. If the auditor wishes to successfully own, to the end of NOT owning the pre-clear, he must not use the pre-clear to the service of the auditor for this establishes and confirms the ownership and inhibits the pre-clear from owning himself.

THE FIRST ACT of the auditor concerns himself. He assesses the task rather than the pre-clear and assesses the matter within himself. He establishes whether or not he desires the pre-clear to become established under the pre-clear’s own center of control. To do this the auditor may find it necessary to straight-wire himself for the removal of any reason why he does not want this pre-clear to be owned by the pre-clear. He then postulates to himself what he wants to happen with this pre-clear and postulates as well that he can do this task with this pre-clear. He must feel these postulates solidly. If he cannot he must discover why he cannot. Thus the first session’s first minutes with the pre-clear are concerned with the auditor himself. He should take time out from the pre-clear until he himself is established in his task and then readdress the pre-clear. “

- L Ron Hubbard, Advanced Procedures and Axioms

Now, when I say imagine that it was in, I do not mean “sorta in”, “a lot in”, “a little in”, or “most of the time in”. I mean, in unconditionally.

To get what I mean by completely in, please take a few minutes to review a segment of an interview I did with the St Petersburg Times in 2009. You can find it at this link, http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/rathbun.shtml

On the right hand side of the image, there is a list of topics. Click on the one entitled “Abuse of Trust.”

The conditions I describe in that video interview are Church of Scientology conditions making the definition of in-session unattainable – that is “interested in own case and willing to talk to the auditor.” I mean, unconditionally “willing to talk to the auditor” with no consideration present that there are any adverse ramifications possible for what one might say to the auditor.

There is no such thing as “kinda in session”, just as certainly as there is no such thing as “kinda pregnant.” One is either willing (completely without the slightest allowance for concern of repercussion) to talk to the auditor, or one is not. One is either unequivocally interested and willing to look at whatever he is directed to inspect and arises and then discharge it by exposing it to the light of the auditor or he is not. If the pc has that 100% confidence it causes exact time, place, form and event to as-is. If he/she does not then that time, place, form and event is altered to that degree and tends to solidify and thus mass and energy and uknowingness accumulates in the universe of the pc.

There is one condition precedent for creating the condition of “in session.” That is, ACT ONE is IN.

Imagine ACT ONE being in with TONE 40. I don’t mean the corrupted, sacrilegious, low-scale force that Scientology Inc has foisted off on people as TONE 40. I mean TONE 40 defined: “Intention without reservation.”

Imagine now that every session you ever received was received with absolute confidence that ACT ONE at Tone 40 was in with your auditor.

Now imagine every session, every training action, every cycle ever “administered” under the name of Scientology was done so with the unequivocal intent to return free theta to you so as to return more of you to you so as to enhance your control over your own destiny.

Imagine further that ACT ONE was in with every person within the organization administering that auditing and training. That means the Case Supervisor, the Examiner, the D of P, the folder pages, the Ethics Officer, the Chaplain, all Qualifications Division Terminals, all Tech Division Terminals, all Div Six terminals. That also means all OSA terminals, Int Management,including its alter ego who micromanages it to suit his intentions and image.

Imagine further that ACT ONE was in with all Division Two terminals.

And, yes I know it is difficult, but also please imagine that all Registrars had their ACT ONE in with respect to you.

Absurd? Why? How could ACT ONE – the creation of a third dynamic for the spiritual betterment of the pc – mean anything when that auditor’s participation in it is dictated utterly by a larger third dynamic for other purposes, some detrimental to the pc? When that auditor reports in detail everything that goes on within the created auditor/pc third dynamic and subjects the pc to the effects that larger third dynamic wishes to create on that pc? When that auditor does not utterly control the auditor side of the e-meter, but instead subjects the preclear to the whims of another much larger third dynamic?

I don’t care if God wrote the policies that dictate the actions of that larger third dynamic, there is no ACT ONE if the auditor’s contract with the pc does not bind every single member of the larger third dynamic under whose auspices and control he is carrying out his auditing duties. And no matter how closely the members of the larger organization follow God’s policy, the moment any single one of the members of that larger third dynamic violates the pc’s contract with the auditor under ACT ONE, that contract is broken. And that pc is for it.

An unattainable absolute? Ok, imagine every org terminal who exerts any influence upon you went through the process of ACT ONE on you before he or she ever gave a command or suggestion? And imagine that each did his or her darned best at keeping that ACT ONE postulate clean and in with respect to you.

Now, if you haven’t already done so, lightly scan your history in and around Scientology organizations and imagine all departures from ACT ONE by all terminals connected with those organizations had not been present. Instead, each terminal did his level best to operate with ACT ONE in with respect to you.

Imagine where you’d be right NOW.

Imagine.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Well, he at least seems to "honest" in a way, given that he bases all his drivel on imagination.

Also: Thank-you for the tl;dr

Gadfly

Crusader
Marty continues along just as did Hubbard. He "envisions" these various "ideal scenes", that exist mostly or entirely in the realm of IMAGINATION, and attempts to get others to buy into these as "real" and "possible". The trap snaps shut when YOU begin contributing mentally and emotionally to the FANTASY/DELUSION.

In other words, you mock it up along with the originator - but it is all of the nature of a "lie". A dream - an UNATTAINABLE DREAM, that has little correlation to any possible actuality. :bigcry:

+++++++

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If he means that staff and public are often in a state of terror and tension from CofS' bullshit and that this would detract from being able to talk about their case and all that, there's some merit to it.

Pooks, what are your reservations about this thesis of Marty's? Besides the fact that you (like a lot of other people) find Marty's motives suspect in general, I mean.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Someone on another thread posted when they try to read Marty it kicks in their gag reflex. I find the same thing myself.

I have long since had - or given -my "last session" so his idea of "in session" and his opinion of catfish that might be on the moon are of about the same interest to me.....as in none.

Lots of people like Marty.
Some people love Marty.
Some people trust Marty.
Some people think Marty is a hero.

Whatever.:eyeroll:

I ain't ever gonna be in any of those groups.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If he means that staff and public are often in a state of terror and tension from CofS' bullshit and that this would detract from being able to talk about their case and all that, there's some merit to it.

Pooks, what are your reservations about this thesis of Marty's? Besides the fact that you (like a lot of other people) find Marty's motives suspect in general, I mean.

I agree, hes working along, wont be long till he realises that the uniforms ,command intention and the whole policy set up is exactly what causes that terror dis-ease.

Mystic

Crusader
Good thing it's easy to understand: If it was spewed by a scientologist, it's a lie, is immaterial, unimportant, to be laughed at and of course VERY HEAVILY nattered at.

Terril park

Sponsor

Marty says that based on the tech of ACT ONE and the definition of "In Session-- PC interested in own case
and willing to talk to the auditor", being completely altered by the evil midget DM, then you nevah evah really
were "in session" and so never attained all the wins and gains available from the tech.

Its actually very valid criticism of COS.

Its also a call to go back to basics, which is by no means limited to scn.

One recent quite irrelevant example is Osma Vanska telling his new orchestra
that we will go back to basics on playing this particular Beethoven symphony.

Marty was a bit absolutist in his comments. Like OSA being directed outward having an effect on a PC. I'm sure it often happened and often didn't.

Wisened One

Crusader
Poor Marty. He really wants to 'save' 'reform' scn and all scn's. Beautiful purpose, really. He still doesn't realize the bucket's empty....:console:

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Contrast the altruism that Marty is now SerFac-ing with the violation of the priest-penitant confidentiality that he more than likely participated in for years...

...yes your bullshit meter should be rock slamming about nao.

G

Gottabrain

Marty continues along just as did Hubbard. He "envisions" these various "ideal scenes", that exist mostly or entirely in the realm of IMAGINATION, and attempts to get others to buy into these as "real" and "possible". The trap snaps shut when YOU begin contributing mentally and emotionally to the FANTASY/DELUSION.

In other words, you mock it up along with the originator - but it is all of the nature of a "lie". A dream - an UNATTAINABLE DREAM, that has little correlation to any possible actuality. :bigcry:

+++++++

:thumbsup: Great post, Gad. Absolutely true.

And it triggers the destructive cognitive pathways already so well estabished from COS - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - stimulate the trauma/stress and emotions that these gullible people so easily hand over to invest and that will, in turn, trigger their imaginatory, delusional response to "release" from them.

Poor schmucks. A constant rollercoaster of stimulating personal pain and being saved from it. No thanks, Marty. I'd rather have peace, happiness and stability.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

In other words, you mock it up along with the originator - but it is all of the nature of a "lie". A dream - an UNATTAINABLE DREAM, that has little correlation to any possible actuality.

Yep - once again, Gladfly, you are spot on. The sort of writing style evident from some of Marty's posts can be termed "covert hypnosis". This latest post could have been taken as an example lesson from the manual I've linked to. The fact that this practise is used widely in advertising and public relations does not excuse its manipulative intention. The fact that Marty is prepared to use such practises on a readership already attempting to extract themselves from real, proper, heavy duty hypnotism is despicable. Healing people need healing, not more of what ails them.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron

So if that is really truely what happened to me than that must have happened to Marty too (cause he was there) ....

and since he is 'smarter' than us mere mortals...

does that mean he was never ever in session himself...

So I guess he will have to start from the bottom again....so he can experience those 'real' gains available !!

Just wondering out loud.....:whistling:
:D

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
So if that is really truely what happened to me than that must have happened to Marty too (cause he was there) ....

So I guess he will have to start from the bottom again....so he can experience those 'real' gains available !!

Yep, and he can charge for the services all over again cause the real 'out tech' has been found! This is too beautiful!

James

Big Farmer

Patron with Honors

I'm very confused :confused2:

What about the OT'ness that Marty felt sorry about Jeff Hawkins never having experienced?

So Marty and the majority of his disciples managed to attain OT levels despite DM not providing the tech correctly.

Have I misunderstood what Marty is claiming is wrong here?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
How did Marty rise above all Scientolgists?

Same way Ron rose above the bank.

RON
I am not from this planet.​

Same way COB rose above human decency.

DAVE
I am not from this c*cksucking slave camp.​

Same way Marty rose above the squirrel tech.

MARTY
I am not from Dave's cult.
I am from Ron's cult.​