What's new

Marty Rathbun's latest Screed/Sales Pitch

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep - once again, Gladfly, you are spot on. The sort of writing style evident from some of Marty's posts can be termed "covert hypnosis". This latest post could have been taken as an example lesson from the manual I've linked to. The fact that this practise is used widely in advertising and public relations does not excuse its manipulative intention. The fact that Marty is prepared to use such practises on a readership already attempting to extract themselves from real, proper, heavy duty hypnotism is despicable. Healing people need healing, not more of what ails them.

That Covert Hypnosis manual is very good . thanks Infinite! "covert hypnosis"

Excerpts:
Recently i spoke at the worlds largest hypnosis convention.

Two thousand professional hypnotherapists from all over the world
came to hear me describe hypnotic writing.

Pg 31 Hypnotic Formula.

Step 1 : Get attention

Step 2: Build Confidence.

Step 3: Stimulate desire

Step 4: Create Urgency

Step 5: Suggest what you want or need. (sounds like a scn event release.)

STep 1-5 in more detail

In 1956 an anonymous hypnotist wrote "ANYTHING you do which makes your listeners or readers react because of MENTAL IMAGES you plant in their mind is WAKING HYPNOSIS or HYPNOTIC WRITING"

they (hypnotic writers) sell the sizzle not the steak, they focus on the benefit not the feature.they always hide the secret.They always sell the dream.

In other words you get people so interested in what your saying that nothing else matters,and if you do this right your hypnotic writing will lead your readers/listeners to take action.

Pg29 Recently i interviewed Dan Kennedy, famous marketing consulant, during the meeting,Dan said "you cant go very far in business without a little knowledge of hypnosis.

THE POSITIVE HYPNOSIS MANUAL IS 132 PAGES.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Marty is just another cult leader.

this just posted....

Originally Posted by Marty Rathbun
Daisy, I am not a cult leader. Cult leaders tell people they will save their souls and lead them to eternal freedom. I never tell my parishioners that. I simply help them cognite on that indisputable fact themselves.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Do any of you people realize Marty Rathbun is certifiably insane?

He qualifies for a padded cell.

I shit you not.

Well, if he's not insane, he's cunning. He certainly knows the buttons to push, the levers to pull, and the strings to tug amongst his flock to generate business for his own implant station. Speaking of which, what's it called again - Cashinthebanka, or something?

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
this just posted....

Originally Posted by Marty Rathbun
Daisy, I am not a cult leader. Cult leaders tell people they will save their souls and lead them to eternal freedom. I never tell my parishioners that. I simply help them cognite on that indisputable fact themselves.

"my parishioners" :omg:

What the...:whistling:

:duh:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Well, if he's not insane, he's cunning. He certainly knows the buttons to push, the levers to pull, and the strings to tug amongst his flock to generate business for his own implant station. Speaking of which, what's it called again - Cashinthebanka, or something?

Cashinthebanka! LOL!

Gadfly

Crusader
Marty's seen it from both sides. He's just dealing the dope now.

Good analogy! :thumbsup:

It is common for "victims" of childhood abuse to end up as the "new" abuser when grown up and now an adult. This behavior is somewhat common throughout studies of abusive families (has nothing to do with "PTS" or "SPs").

Within that framework, Marty received lots of "abuse" and now he dishes it out. Of course, there is a BIG flaw in this theory. Marty didn't experience the "abuse" as a child.

Marty is far WORSE because he is intentionally and knowingly continuing the charade, despite having seen and even caused MANY of the nastier parts of organized Scientology while involved in top management. You REALLY have to be thoroughly brain-washed in Scio-Babble, to have seen and caused the SHIT that HE DID, and still remain a "believer with total certainty".

Maybe he is actually a "true believer", and thus he gets a slight amount of credit (I extend him a VERY SMALL amount of slack), so far as to not being an INTENTIONAL MISLEADER (though still very much a misleader). Either way, whether he forwards the crap because he believes in it, or because he is continuing in the role of some "grand scammer", he is basically still perpetrating the HOAX!

All the little details of "what he might be doing good" in "Scio-terms" pale in comparison. Of course, ANYTHING he does that helps the C of S to implode is WONDERFUL. THAT is the ONLY value I see in Marty. In my universe he has NO other positive value.

++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:

bts2free

Patron with Honors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bvO3mL0Lc

You said something will change
We were all dressed up
Somewhere to go
No sign of rain
But something will change
You promised

You said nothing will change
We were almost near
Almost far
Down came the rain
But nothing will change
You promised

A promise
A promise
A promise

It's exactly the same
You said
It's always the same
But I'll make it change
Into something the same
I promise

A promise
A promise
A promise

Light on the waves
Light on the waves
Light on the waves
Light on the waves
A promise
A promise
A promise
A promise
(Light on the water)
(We could sail on forever) A promise
A promise
(There's light on the water)
(There's light on the water) A promise
(There's light on the water) A promise
(There's Light on the water) A promise
(There's Light on the water) A promise

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
OK…I’m a little slow so let me see if I’ve got this straight now.

El Ron said that folks like McMaster and Mayo, nearly all of the first 100+ “Clears”, “OT’s”, Cl VIII’s and original St. Hill staff, etc, etc never “made the grade” in Scn.

DM says he found the "Why", because of evil doers, Wog incompetence and incomplete basic materials folks never “made the grade” in Scn.

MR says that DM has “altered” the “Tech” and “suppressed the lines” so that folks never “made the grade”.

Looks to me like El Ron, DM and MR have all said the same thing…no one ever “made the grade” in Scn.

But, MR, The sub-Source has now found “The Real Why” and, after 60 years, everyone can “make the grade” in Scn.

Save me, Jeezus! If all these "Independant" folks believe MR’s shit, they’ll believe anything.

Face:)

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader

El Ron said that folks like McMaster and Mayo, nearly all of the first 100+ “Clears”, “OT’s”, Cl VIII’s and original St. Hill staff, etc, etc never “made the grade” in Scn.

DM says he found the "Why", because of evil doers, Wog incompetence and incomplete basic materials folks never “made the grade” in Scn.

MR says that DM has “altered” the “Tech” and “suppressed the lines” so that folks never “made the grade”.

But, MR, The sub-Source has now found “The Real Why” and, after 60 years, everyone can “make the grade” in Scn.

Looks to me like El Ron, DM and MR have all said the same thing…no one ever “made the grade” in Scn.

Save me, Jeezus! If all these "Independant" folks believe MR’s shit, they’ll believe anything.

Hip-Hip-Hooray!!! :thumbsup:

Finally, the ARBITRARIES ARE 100% OFF OF THE LINES and we can all finally REALLY make the grade, and go Clear and OT! :happydance:

:no:

If you believe THAT, then you are seriously in need of some REAL "therapy". :confused2:

+++++++++

subrosa

Patron
I use a program when visiting Marty's blog called 'ghostery', it blocks the bean counter software from counting you as a 'hit' on his blog, thereby reducing his hit count. Read and not help, that's what I always say. Just sayin'.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

Yeah, when Marty says something I giggle.

Then I realize some people are lapping it up as fast as he spews it.

Sometimes I think I should be sad.

But, these days, I ain't about saving the world or clearing the planet.

Right now, I'm into giggling at Marty.