What's new

Marty Rathburn caught lying

rhill

Patron with Honors
Same with you, Ray.

Yeah, thanks for the stern reminder, you mentioned this already: "Those who jump your shit, you will take it up with them." (paraphrased.) On the other hand, you just jump the "MANY MANY critics'" shit in such a vague way that none of them, whoever they are, will be able to take it up to you. I think I will stick to my way.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I have searched everywhere for an 'Ignore' button. I don't want to Ignore Thread", I want to 'Ignore Poster'.
How do I do it?

challenge

The only 'Ignore Poster' button I know of is the one in my mind which I activate when I see the Red Distraction Flag. Sometimes I have to look hard for it, but it's always there if I decide to look. :wink2:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I have searched everywhere for an 'Ignore' button. I don't want to Ignore Thread", I want to 'Ignore Poster'.
How do I do it?

challenge

It's the same as on OCMB. It's easy.

And it's about time you used it. Jesus God. Should have used your killfile on a.r.s. 12 years ago and the ignore feature which has been on OCMB at least 5 years. It's better than targetting people all the time.

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yeah, thanks for the stern reminder, you mentioned this already: "Those who jump your shit, you will take it up with them." (paraphrased.) On the other hand, you just jump the "MANY MANY critics'" shit in such a vague way that none of them, whoever they are, will be able to take it up to you. I think I will stick to my way.

Just don't worry about it, Ray. Don't use terms like weasel words unless you want to piss the person off.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
At the risk of re-igniting this ‘disagreement’, I’d like to make this observation.

VC said:

Well, if Marty feels he's the only one who really and truly understands- that's not good but it would give him something in common with MANY MANY critics who post on critical forums.

Just sayin'.

Perhaps there is a suggestion of an unnecessary tautology there, but the meaning is clear and, IMHO, the statement is entirely justified.

Rhill said:

Nothing "ad hom" in there. No matter how often I read your post, and how often I read the definition of "weasel words," I see a match ("vague and ambiguous".)

‘Weasel words’ are defined as: “words or statements that are intentionally ambiguous or misleading” (Concise OED) The key word is 'intentionally'. People can often be ambiguous or misleading. Normally this is through carelessness, not maliciousness.

Given this, I disagree with rhill’s assertion that VC’s original statement used ‘weasel words’ and I agree with VC’s interpretation of this being a personal attack.

If someone suggested that I was using ‘weasel words’ I would be rather offended as I associate this term with one of the lowest forms of life extant on this planet - the politician.

Axiom142

AnonyMary

How do I do it? challenge

Go to that person's profile and there's a dropdown menu called something like user tools.

Thanks. Never noticed that before as I never had a reason to until now.

I found this one:

:giggle:

Great! Thanks, I know just when to apply this. Love Ya Mary, stay cool and use that button, you too Rhill. Too many good things happening, and too many really good posters to listen to. :wink:

:thankyou:, Slim :) .. Will do, lol :

I found this one on the more Smile list: :ignore:, which is easier to access on a regular basis if needed!

At the risk of re-igniting this ‘disagreement’, I’d like to make this observation.

VC said:

Perhaps there is a suggestion of an unnecessary tautology there, but the meaning is clear and, IMHO, the statement is entirely justified.

Rhill said:

‘Weasel words’ are defined as: “words or statements that are intentionally ambiguous or misleading” (Concise OED) The key word is 'intentionally'. People can often be ambiguous or misleading. Normally this is through carelessness, not maliciousness.

Given this, I disagree with rhill’s assertion that VC’s original statement used ‘weasel words’ and I agree with VC’s interpretation of this being a personal attack.

If someone suggested that I was using ‘weasel words’ I would be rather offended as I associate this term with one of the lowest forms of life extant on this planet - the politician.

Axiom142

So, what do you think her intentions were behind her 'MANY MAMY MANY critics' comment? For the ' MANY MANY MANY critics' she posted of would probably like to know, myself included.

On second thought, in an effort to get this derailed thread back on track, for get about answering that.
-------------------

So, is Marty selling himself in this piece quoted by skullbunny?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=356237&postcount=141

I do suspect that if it went that way, it did so because DM was trying to kiss Marty's butt and prevent him from spilling the beans on all he knew since he was blown at the time.

I also believe that when he left the final time, he signed a nondisclosure agreement, hence one reason why he never owns up to the 'overts' he's committed against critics of the church that were attacked by his office under DM's orders.

Any opinons on that?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Any opinons on that?

Mine? If marty was *ever* a free operative and not a false flag, he and davey had MAD to protect them. Neither can be honest without both being dragged down into criminal prosecution.

But, in the meantime, I doubt that Marty was *ever* actually independent.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
How do I do it?

challenge

Click on the person's user name at the top left of one of their posts. This will give a drop-down menu. One of the options is something like "Add poster to your ignore list". Click that and follow the instructions. They won't disappear off the face of the message board for you but their posts will (apart from the ones quoted by other posters).

Paul

exccc

Patron with Honors
At this point though, I'm not very much in favor of even yourself having the 'controls' on any kind of short-cut basis, such as autohypnosis or even 'affirmations'.

Zinj

Basically, I agree, but I wouldn't include affirmations, which have been used for millennia in such things as Buddhist/Hindu chants, etc., as long as the "subject," in this case, self, is fully aware of the process.

AnonyMary

Mine? If marty was *ever* a free operative and not a false flag, he and davey had MAD to protect them. Neither can be honest without both being dragged down into criminal prosecution.

But, in the meantime, I doubt that Marty was *ever* actually independent.

Zinj

I'd tend to agree with you but I don't know what you mean by the term MAD