What's new

Marty Says Scientology Was Once Tolerant?

fisherman

Patron with Honors
According to Marty Rathbun's most recent Aristotelian commentary, "The Great Middle Path - Redux" Scientology was once highly tolerant of independent thought.

When was this ?????

Scientology once consistently assisted people in becoming more themselves, more tolerant, more questioning of authority, more independent of thought, more insouciant, more free.

Apparently, scientology's 'free love and brotherhood' ended with David Miscavage:

Under DM those pursuing the highest levels of spiritual attainment in Scientology are instead becoming less themselves and more what he wants them to be: more intolerant, less capable of independent thought, more serious, and more imprisoned.

So when was L. Ron Hubbard's dominant theme:

"Come on, people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another, right now."

I must have missed it :eyeroll:

fisherman

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
"more questioning of authority"

So there was a time when someone could question LRH's authority? I'd love to know when that was...

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
According to Marty Rathbun's most recent Aristotelian commentary, "The Great Middle Path - Redux" Scientology was once highly tolerant of independent thought.

When was this ?????

Apparently, scientology's 'free love and brotherhood' ended with David Miscavage:

So when was L. Ron Hubbard's dominant theme:

"All together now, smile on your brother, try to love one another, right now."

I must have missed it :eyeroll:

fisherman

Maybe Marty is referring to the Scientology of the 1950s or early 1960s? :confused2:

Marty may be even more dishonest than L. Ron Hubbard.

A poster asked him if there was anything at all written by Elron that Marty thought could be modified. It was a carefully written post.

Quote:
Glibby // November 12, 2009 at 10:46 pm | Reply

"Marty, you describe two groups that you see as being the opposite extremes: DM on one side, and the Scientology haters on the other.

Maybe there’s a third extreme group, and that would be those who won’t point at one single thing about Scientology that LRH wrote that should be done away with because it’s just wrong.

Is there Anything that came from LRH’s lips or pen that you think has no place in a religion, because it results in people being harmed? Are those words too strong? To put it more gently, is there anything that should at least be modified?

I am not a hater or a book burner. I’m just a wog who wonders about things like believing in “homo novis” which sounds like racism or elitism to me, or disconnection, or declaring people SP, or even writing KR’s or sec checks, which to me should never happen. You could argue that there are people who are evil and need to be disconnected from, but really? How often in life do you come across such people? I have known maybe 1-2 in my 50+ years.

So, I know I am a guest here, and appreciate that I may be interfering, but I want to ask, because I have read your interviews in the SP Times, and I have watched your interviews, and read a lot of this blog, but as far as I can tell you haven’t addressed if there is anything about the tech or LRH’s writings that you would change.

If there is, maybe you think it’s there between the lines, but I don’t think so, and I am curious to know. And it would be great if you could be specific, not just, “Oh there are a few things here and there.”

If you can’t think of anything concrete, then that’s the answer. I am not going to judge, but I think some people would like to know. Thanks in advance."

Marty's reply:

martyrathbun09 // November 13, 2009 at 3:44 am | Reply

"He wrote what he wrote, and one can apply what one chooses. I am no position to edit or revise his work any more than he or the church have any business editing, revising or deleting what I write."

This as amazing. To me, this treatment of the question, which was so well written, so polite, and also such an important question in the circumstances, shows total contempt for anyone wanting to really deal with whatever might be wrong in scientology.

Even if there were no other issues about Marty, this alone is enough to show that he is a supporter, and protector of all the evil that is done by scientology, the source of which is L.Ron Hubbard.

Abuses of scientology and scientologists are being hidden by Marty, not exposed, not even criticised, or even discussed.
His only Target is DM.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
"He wrote what he wrote, and one can apply what one chooses. I am no position to edit or revise his work any more than he or the church have any business editing, revising or deleting what I write."

Quite the eye opener, if Marty wants to turn a blind side on the "ethics" part of the "tech"... Well that for sure makes me a "hater".

Why the hell do scientologists always have to label people? That if something tells me that something wrong with it.

Mystic

Crusader
Lips Hubbard was never tolerant of 'independent thought'. I was there. I heard the man...er, thing. He was carrying on about "squirrels" that I personally know of in 1957. Earlier he had pretended to be tolerant, which was but a front. The only value 'independent thought' was to this Hubbard thing was if he could rip it off and copyright it for himself. I am not making this up.

Veda

Sponsor
Marty is rehabilitating LRH's reputation and image, and none of you haters and punks better stand in his way. :angry:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Marty is rehabilitating LRH's reputation and image, and none of you haters and punks better stand in his way. :angry:

I´ll stand in his way, lemme see, I got cake, danish pastry, strawberry sause... some cream pie... hmm, there a Vanilla donut down there too. What do I arm myself with?

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Marty's reply:

martyrathbun09 // November 13, 2009 at 3:44 am | Reply

Another Marty thread. have we run out of things to talk about??
I actually dont have a problem with that reply. Love him or hate him, his blog has a purpose and he is on it.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
No, I don´t think we´ve run out of things to talk about, BUT.

What´s the fun in beating a dead rat with a stick a million times? I´m referring to DM, Tommie, Elron, and the Co$...

Martys new and fresh, he is out, he says some things people dont agree with...

I had my doubts about Mart, I thought it was awesome that an actual executive came out, spilled the beans, went to the press! It was AWESOME! Then I realised, he wasnt doing everything he could do to destroy the church, then I started reading his blog.
In my eyes, he has alot to do before I´m ok with him. Alot. He knows stuffs, I want him to tell everything.

Spirited

Patron with Honors
HE-Man everyone has a different viewpoint and opinion on what marty owes or doesnt owe to what and who, or what he should or shouldnt be doing etc and thats fine. but if i look at the stats of what has been happening since marty has started speaking out he has influenced quite a bit of "departure" from the church and more people speaking out etc.
for the relatively small amount of time he has been speaking out, plenty has happened. Plenty.

sometimes though when i read these threads I ask myself how a person wanting answers would view the board? I know its not there to "educate" BUT..... Alanzo's coined phrase of "natter board" seems fitting at times.

I know i'm going to get stoned like in the movie "life of brian" for saying that.:violent:

He-man

Hero extraordinary
HE-Man everyone has a different viewpoint and opinion on what marty owes or doesnt owe to what and who, or what he should or shouldnt be doing etc and thats fine. but if i look at the stats of what has been happening since marty has started speaking out he has influenced quite a bit of "departure" from the church and more people speaking out etc.
for the relatively small amount of time he has been speaking out, plenty has happened. Plenty.

sometimes though when i read these threads I ask myself how a person wanting answers would view the board? I know its not there to "educate" BUT..... Alanzo's coined phrase of "natter board" seems fitting at times.

I know i'm going to get stoned like in the movie "life of brian" for saying that.:violent:

Spirited, no! I´d never stone you for posting your opinion!
You are correct, we DO natter alot! But I don´t see that as a bad thing. People who liked Marty and supports what he does who came to this board posted their opinions, I and others disagreed. Things got out of hand in the end yes... But how could they not when things get heated?

About people coming out and reading this board: Should we hide our feelings so that they can have a safe environment? I don´t know what good that would do.

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Spirited, no! I´d never stone you for posting your opinion!
You are correct, we DO natter alot! But I don´t see that as a bad thing. People who liked Marty and supports what he does who came to this board posted their opinions, I and others disagreed. Things got out of hand in the end yes... But how could they not when things get heated?

About people coming out and reading this board: Should we hide our feelings so that they can have a safe environment? I don´t know what good that would do.
HIde our feelings? NO not at all. a safe environment to come to? yeah!!

He-man

Hero extraordinary
HIde our feelings? NO not at all. a safe environment to come to? yeah!!

Ok, How do we do that? I got too much blackness in my stomach to refrain from taking up the discussion with the likes of Flash Gordon. I try to do it in a civil or fun way. What else can "I" do to make this a happy and safe place?

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Just be YOU!! I still get a bit daunted with the posting thing thats why i dont post much. this board is certainly colorful. its great.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Lips Hubbard was never tolerant of 'independent thought'. I was there. I heard the man...er, thing. He was carrying on about "squirrels" that I personally know of in 1957. Earlier he had pretended to be tolerant, which was but a front. The only value 'independent thought' was to this Hubbard thing was if he could rip it off and copyright it for himself. I am not making this up.

Very good observation!

Vinaire

Sponsor

Marty is there to counter DM. Marty is not up to realizing the source of all abuse.

Marty is fine for what he is doing. But Marty cannot be trusted.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Whoa..... Whoa...... Wha????????

Scientology was TOLERANT..... And I can PROOVE IT! DAMMIT!

Stop Lying!!!

Scientology was - is - and ALWAYS will be extremely, utterly, absolutely, unquestioningly, resolutely, cunningly, gratefully TOLERANT of ONE,

ONE

ONE

ONE

ONE

Singular thing......

L. Ron Loveable Hubbard.

'I Love You Ron'.

Of that Sci is beyond tolerant.