What's new

Marty Says Scientology Was Once Tolerant?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Marty is currently promoting intolerance by trying to segregate anyone who has had something to do with scientology into groups. You are either a 'hater' or part of DMs posse - with the great middle road group of 'independent scientologists' supposedly being herded into thinking for themselves The Marty Way, ie no dissent unless it is directed at either of these other two groups. :duh:

This need to label is a sad remnant of scientology indoctrination and shows someone who has no concept of what tolerance really means and who has a long way to go still on the path to understanding his past.

Nice little summary, thanks. :thumbsup:

Div6

Crusader

ciao Div6!

Sorry about my ennui-inducing style. I can't control myself, so....Stop me baby, Block me baby before I post again! :)

Your question is a good one about "poisoning the well". I have posted many times how great it is that Marty & COB are in a fair-game death match. But, exactly how did Marty come to be the rebel-apostate-purist that is doing so much to expose the Church of Scamology?

Wasn't it by external pressures brought to bear upon his monochromatic view of Scientology? Wasn't he forced out of his cultic-comfort zone by getting hammered, literally and figuratively, with the grim realities of CoS' true nature?
I see no conflict in both rooting for Marty to keep up his excellent whistleblowing AND continuing to speak the truth about the ridiculous illogics promoted by Marty or any other true-believer. Marty does some good things under the pressure of reality, doesn't he?

And you back up this speculative statement with?

You can ask him yourself. He does answer his email. I have no knowledge of any external pressure. I do know that in the present his internal moral compass is not being over-ridden by any undue sense of misguided loyalty.....which he does acknowledge happened in the past. I can't say for sure, but unless you have some extraordinary proof, neither can you. I am willing to accept that in this case the tiger changed his stripes, as he isn't eating people any more. Perhaps others are more fixed in their viewpoints, and do not believe that people can change through grace and understanding.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Marty is currently promoting intolerance by trying to segregate anyone who has had something to do with scientology into groups. You are either a 'hater' or part of DMs posse - with the great middle road group of 'independent scientologists' supposedly being herded into thinking for themselves The Marty Way, ie no dissent unless it is directed at either of these other two groups. :duh:

This need to label is a sad remnant of scientology indoctrination and shows someone who has no concept of what tolerance really means and who has a long way to go still on the path to understanding his past.

Excellent post, FTS! In spite of his speaking to the St. Pete Times against DM, it is hard to have much respect for this Marty fellow. It is not up to Marty to give white hats to himself and the followers of "The Marty Way," while doling out black hats to everybody else. :no:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
And you back up this speculative statement with?
You can ask him yourself. He does answer his email. I have no knowledge of any external pressure. I do know that in the present his internal moral compass is not being over-ridden by any undue sense of misguided loyalty.....which he does acknowledge happened in the past. I can't say for sure, but unless you have some extraordinary proof, neither can you. I am willing to accept that in this case the tiger changed his stripes, as he isn't eating people any more. Perhaps others are more fixed in their viewpoints, and do not believe that people can change through grace and understanding.

Hey Div6,

I don't think it was a speculative statement. Rathbun made it very clear in his video interviews and blogs what caused him to leave the CoS. He was being beaten and "forced to beat others" and "forced to witness his friends being beaten" and so forth. He clearly described many external forces that drove him to blow, DM being one of them.

I am not sure what you are asking me to prove. I am just commenting that Rathbun was driven to reaching his conclusions about CoS. I am not commenting on his character because he defines his own character by his statements and actions.

I am not jumping to any conclusions about tigers or stripes. It is much easier just to look at what he did and what he is doing. That's pretty easy.

Are we supposed to be arguing about something here?

byte301

Crusader
Excellent post, FTS! In spite of his speaking to the St. Pete Times against DM, it is hard to have much respect for this Marty fellow. It is not up to Marty to give white hats to himself and the followers of "The Marty Way," while doling out black hats to everybody else. :no:

I agree. :thumbsup:

Div6

Crusader
Hey Div6,

I don't think it was a speculative statement. Rathbun made it very clear in his video interviews and blogs what caused him to leave the CoS. He was being beaten and "forced to beat others" and "forced to witness his friends being beaten" and so forth. He clearly described many external forces that drove him to blow, DM being one of them.

I am not sure what you are asking me to prove. I am just commenting that Rathbun was driven to reaching his conclusions about CoS. I am not commenting on his character because he defines his own character by his statements and actions.

I am not jumping to any conclusions about tigers or stripes. It is much easier just to look at what he did and what he is doing. That's pretty easy.

Are we supposed to be arguing about something here?

I believe its just a difference of viewpoints. Your position is that he was driven out be external influnces. Mine is that he relinquished his position in space due to a crisis of consciounce. It is just a difference of causation, was it all external force or was there an internal (subjective) aspect as well.
I am of the opinion that there is a very real subjective aspect.

And I see a lot of people projecting intentions in his direction that I do not percieve originating from him. Thats par for the course, but it does not mean they are true. So no, no argument. Just a difference.

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
How can a body of information be more or less tolerant?

Do you mean the church of scientology was once more tolerant?

There is a difference. Scientology and Church of Scientology are not the same thing.

Scientology is words on in a book, the church of Scientology is an entity made up of people.

Mystic

Crusader

There is a difference. Scientology and Church of Scientology are not the same thing.

Scientology is words on in a book, the church of Scientology is an entity made up of people.

Is this differentiation and identification part of the Tech, Admin or Ethsucks implant?

Doom

Lurking.
It all depends on the application of that body of information e.g. The Spanish inquisition.

Yes I think thats what he said.

Yes one is a body of Information and the other is an evil dictatorship that uses this body of information as an excuse to do whatever it wishes.

Yes its a body of information written in lots of books and the CofS uses this body of information to do whatever it wants (and it follows its leader blindly) and the word "church" is just a way to dodge the tax man.

I don't think it matters if "IT" is more or less tolerant, it's based on lies and falsehoods. It does not even matter whether this body of information works partly or wholly or not at all,
Because if you build the foundation from Bull Shit it will fall.

Vinaire

Sponsor

Vedas, Bible, Koran, Scientology are different bodies of information.

Each may be interpreted differently by different people.

But each body of information has its own focus which makes them prone to be interpreted in a certain way.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Vedas, Bible, Koran, Scientology are different bodies of information.

Each may be interpreted differently by different people.

But each body of information has its own focus which makes them prone to be interpreted in a certain way.

'Interpreted Scientology' is not Scientology per the tenets of Scientology as proclaimed by Source.

Zinj

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Second Coming

Marty is rehabilitating LRH's reputation and image, and none of you haters and punks better stand in his way. :angry:

Well you know LRH is coming back and like Santa Claus he knows who has

been good or bad and you bad boys are really really in for it.

He's been drilling yelling and abuse with DM, and you bad boys are going

to be very sorry. You know who you are. :lol: :lol:

Blue Spirit

When Is Your Book Coming Out ?

MARTY RATHBUN: "Once upon a time Scientology was tolerant, kind and loving."

EX-SCN: "Whatttt?!! What about Ron criminally framing Paulette Cooper to send her to prison after making her go insane?! What kind of 'love' is that?"

MARTY RATHBUN: "Tough love."

EX-SCN: "But his bloodthirsty fair gaming destroyed so many innocent people! He even caused his ten most loyal supporters and his own wife, Mary Sue, to hide his crimes and go to federal prison! What do you say about that?"

MARTY RATHBUN: "I'd say just listen to yourself... obviously you are the one that is intolerant."

EX-SCN: "Oh, I get it, everyone is expected to be a slave that is tolerant of all the crimes & fraud by Ron and COB and now you?"

MARTY RATHBUN: "Well, yes! Unless you are in that 2.5% group of haters."

You should write a book of these "fictional" conversations.

It would be most entertaining.

Blue Spirit

Fascists and Nazis

That's my biggest problem with Scientology, how it's like, supressive to individuality. God it pisses me off so much. They are so suppressive in Scientology. If you question anything about it, they glare at you and like, come right at you like you're an enemy or something.

Fascists and Nazi's do that for their "stock-in-trade". Tone level is HATE.

Marty accusing others of Hate when he did that as a career in the "Church"

is at least the pot calling the kettle black and possibly the SP accusing others

of what he is doing himself, a sure-fire way to identify an SP. He is covert.

byte301

Crusader
Well you know LRH is coming back and like Santa Claus he knows who has

been good or bad and you bad boys are really really in for it.

He's been drilling yelling and abuse with DM, and you bad boys are going

to be very sorry. You know who you are. :lol: :lol:

I'm scared. I've been naughty. But since I'm not a boy I guess I won't get too bad a beating. Right?

Mystic

Crusader
Marty the punk, in a mind funk.

Marty the frump, needs a mind dump.

Marty the clam, spews a lotta spam.