What's new

Marty Says Scientology Was Once Tolerant?

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank You Roger

Flash,

This is an unwarranted attack on an individual, and borders on a rules break of the Board.

It also illustrates how either idiotic, lazy, ill-informed, or nasty you are; or that you are deliberately trying to be inflammatory and disruptive on the board.

Ditto this response post of yours:

Read the history on this board and see how Mystic and other very early old-timers who were also staff members and students with him compared notes of their mutual experiences.

You have just elected yourself to my ignore list. I do that in pursuit of my daddy's advice from long ago . . . . . he advised to never argue with idiots.

RogerB

Thank you Roger for showing some Ethics Presence to this board, as it is sorely needed. :thumbsup:

It is funny that just before reading your post I also decided to add FlashG to My Ignore list.

byte301

Crusader
Thank you Roger for showing some Ethics Presence to this board, as it is sorely needed. :thumbsup:

It is funny that just before reading your post I also decided to add FlashG to My Ignore list.

Don't put him on ignore, Blue Spirit. We just need to flag his asinine posts and get him kicked out of here.

I am up to here with him.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron

Putting someone on one's ignore list says a lot more about the ignorer than the ignored.

To a degree it is similar to disconnection... and to that degree... it exhibits an ineptitude of intelligence, not to mention intolerance (mainly of that side of themselves that they MUST KEEP SUPPRESSED!

If someone feels that it is necessary... then why not just do it... why the public notice of intent? ..... pure immature, adolesent unwillingness to confront what one is trying to 'squash'.... and what they are trying to squash is THEIR OWN THOUGHTS.

You may now put me on your ignore list. :)

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
perhaps Marty is simply expressing 'how he once felt'... like many others who has a good time (for some period) and therefore they believe that THAT is REALLY what Sci was... or WAS MEANT TO BE.... simply because that is what they were imagining or considered the reality to be.

And one has that right to have imagined or considered Sci to be what they wanted it to be OR what they felt it was OR what aspects of the practice agreed with the goodness and wholesomeness that they were engulfed in for whatever period of time.

HOWEVER.

One's dearly beloved LRon had other plans brewing and set them into motion one by one; the totality of which has resulted in the awful cult of Sci.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
If we remember that man is basically good, then it makes perfect sense that we would recall the best of times as the way Scn was/is supposed to be.

It seems that in many, the feeling of optimism (glass is half full, not half empty) permeates our thoughts and recollections. This is subjective, of course, but may explain why many of us seem to recall our beginnings with Scn to be better than towards the end of our experience with Scn.

I dunno, jus' sayin'! :D

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Putting someone on one's ignore list says a lot more about the ignorer than the ignored.

KV, if one has determined that a poster here is a troll then putting him onto your ignore list would align with Forum Rule#8 (Don't feed the trolls"), would it not? And then saying something about it could alert others to the fact that someone is trolling.

RogerB

Crusader

To a degree it is similar to disconnection... and to that degree... it exhibits an ineptitude of intelligence, not to mention intolerance (mainly of that side of themselves that they MUST KEEP SUPPRESSED!

If someone feels that it is necessary... then why not just do it... why the public notice of intent? ..... pure immature, adolesent unwillingness to confront what one is trying to 'squash'.... and what they are trying to squash is THEIR OWN THOUGHTS.

You may now put me on your ignore list. :)
And you may certainly waste your time on idiocies if you wish.

You may even wish to support and give life to idiocies.

It is not my choice.:)

R

byte301

Crusader
And you may certainly waste your time on idiocies if you wish.

You may even wish to support and give life to idiocies.

It is not my choice.:)

R

Hear hear.

So banning a freaking troll is now disconnection?

Does that mean if I hang up on a salesman who won't take no for an answer I am disconnecting from him!:omg:

If I x out of a annoying pop up window I'm disconnecting from that company?

I really AM an sp!! I disconnected from a Jehovah's Witness the other day! Oh nooooo!

flashgordon

Patron with Honors
The church of scientology is criminal

The church of scientology is a organization that has been taken over by suppressive criminals and incompetence.