What's new

Marty says steer clear of Debbie Cook

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
That is a great version, Paul, I am however studying it in the 16th Century Vernacular Italian, kind of a high register version of current political italian as spoken in Palazzo Madama, the Senate building, in Rome. Can you do a vernacular 16th C. Italian version? If so, then you are God and you shall be praised.

I bet you thought I'd say no. :)

Is there a copy of this version online, and an audio example of the dialect?

Paul

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Panda Termint
There's absolutely nothing wrong with your mind, Schwimmey.
Schwimmey said:
Thank's! - That's good to know.. (I was jesting of course, ROTFLMAO at my own wittyness I was!)
:lol: Me too !!! :lol:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Mmm. Two possibilities here, both conclusions have the same unfortunate outcome.

Marty is a kind of, what did that madman call it? Bird-dog? That would mean, of course that Marty is part of corporate cult. I would not put it past him.

The 2nd scenario is, well, I was chatting to Mike Rinder in Dublin, he had a bit of an entourage around him. One of that crowd, a person I am fond of, yet a person who is deeply in with both men, let slip that there is a master plan.

Messrs R and R have a fully formulate plan to take over the Scientology corporations, lock stock and barrel. All material assets, all intellectual properties, bank accounts and the stupid, blind, brain washed public.

They are well advanced on this plan, they have people on the inside. They just need Miscavige gone. The new COB will be Marty. His closest get first pick at top jobs. M and M's trump is volume of disaffected scinos under their wing. They consider the Scientology Corp. Sacrosanct, Ron set it up, they are duty bound to rescue it and its assets.

Debbie put a spanner in the works, she threatened their pension plan.

There are many dupes, Terril, bless his cotton socks, being just one we know and love well. He and the rest are not nasty, not bad, just dupes of more clever and conniving people. Hubbard had 'Machiavelli The Prince' put on all OSA checksheets, think that M and M have forgotten that?

(I happen to be studying this very book at the moment from the far more pleasant context of a Humanities degree, it being part of an extensive body of medeival and renaissance writing that forms the foundations of the Italian Literary Canon, so I will tell you more about it in a few months...:coolwink:)

Whatever the 'dressing', I fully believe that these men are in fact that cynical that they would lie and deceive to reach their envisioned ends. They have done everything they can to protect a powerful, multi-million, maybe multi-billion dollar company, and what have they really done to Miscavige? Nothing me thinks: just called him nasty mean names.

Why do I even give a fuck? Too many really good people the like of Crashed Alien, me, you, the rest of us, still in there, still doing battle with what they know inside them but that keeps getting overridden by the conditioning, the barely concealed threat of violence, that fear. That horrible fear of the 'maybe'.

One of the most poorly understood and effected philosophical strands over the years has been that of the sophist Cultural Relativism. At its core, it makes sense. But most people that use it reduce it to mean:

'All being fuzzy and grey, we will take no clear and honestly defined stance'. 'There is no right or wrong'.

The pure definition is that ' truth is relative to standpoint' and indeed this something I concur with, but that goes as far as to the point where humans, animals and good things suffer.

I find that difficult to take.

My stance is that Marty and Mike are out to take over the Scientology world as it stands and when they do they will lead it down an increasingly fundamentalist and I believe, more violent and blinkered road.

They will be worse than Miscavige simply because the two are rigid believers in the rightness in all things Hubbard as are their flock of deluded followers.

These men are doubly dangerous now as they have successfully allied so much of the media, they are the people media goes to first and they black pr anyone that may have opposing views to them to that media.

They have essentially defused the uncompromising official German stance with regard to 'Scientology'. And this is a project that they continue to engage in.

I don't like calling it, but I must. I would like it all to be warm and fluffy, to sit down and have a few beers with them and shoot the shit. But Mikes demeanour in Dublin told volumes, he is on a mission. They are not powerful, they are just two guys, wierdos, that forward a mad, nutty and meaningless belief system. So was Bin Laden and any of the fanatics of any strand, all these cultic strands defy rationality, One could leave them alone to get on with it. But the Forgive my verbal diorrea. But I am powerless and kind of angry at what I see going on; what I see playing out. It is an age old story.

One of the best posts I have read and food for much thought.

After watching what has happened in Martyland (that is visible) I tend to agree, and to be honest the scenario you see as a possibility is quite a horrible one. That's why I mentioned "PR positioning", if you stand back and look at the whole picture there are too many questions - and anyone with a GO/OSA background I am sure can hear warning bells. (I know Schwimmy has always thought this.)

I really like the bit I bolded.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I bet you thought I'd say no. :)

Is there a copy of this version online, and an audio example of the dialect?

Paul

Not that I know of, we in the humanities department are a bit old fashioned, we have the 'Einaudi Classici' paper back version.

I would find it difficult to locate the sound of the 'high italian', gramatically it is closer to what one might find in Perugia, but I cannot hazard to guess at the aural qualities.

Maybe theatre productions of late Medieval works?

Sindy

Crusader
BRAVO!! Very well said and filled with insight.
If anyone has ever been to Mahty's bolg and posted or tried to post anything that he did not like then" the stopping of freedom of expression " mentality of Mahty kicked while he ranted and raved in objection.
Imagine this buffoon of a goon taking over the reigns of the Cult and what his dogmas and punishments for non conformists would be?
Mahty is and has always been for sale is what I suspect since he was such a willing whore for Miscavige and the Elwrong Hubbard.

Debbie Cook's recent email reminds me more of Napoleon's failed attempt to gain back power and glory before being retired to the Island of Elba.
My experiences with her were at all times with her wearing her 3 cornered hat with arrogance ,ruthlessness and vindictiveness towards those who did not obey her in complying with Miscaviges dictates epxressed by her as LRH command intention.(Lure Rob & Hyde can apply here.)
She was really a nasty cunt hiding behind a false cloak of benevolence in a para military uniform that affected her already swelled ego .
Mahty was sadisitc fucking prick bastard who enjoyed destroying people for the mentaly retarded Miscavige in the name of insane & devious Hubbard
We do have 2 contenders here for the toilet seat of insane Hubbard and the mentaly retarded Miscavige is what appears to be case.

OMG, they're all nuts! :drama2::dizzy::hide::help2::screwy::faceslap:

Terril park

Sponsor
The 2nd scenario is, well, I was chatting to Mike Rinder in Dublin, he had a bit of an entourage around him. One of that crowd, a person I am fond of, yet a person who is deeply in with both men, let slip that there is a master plan.

Messrs R and R have a fully formulate plan to take over the Scientology corporations, lock stock and barrel. All material assets, all intellectual properties, bank accounts and the stupid, blind, brain washed public.

[SNIP]

There are many dupes, Terril, bless his cotton socks, being just one we know and love well.

Thanks for the love. I think. :)

Note I was the one who put the Paulette cooper story on Marty's blog. Thats what us dupes are good at. :)

You chatted to one person. The Irish are good at that. Go into
any pub. :)

I concede his statement of M&Ms master plan may be correct.
However the statement of one person unknown is not proof.

For example the statements of CBR who had much position and status, here are considered no proof of anything. To take an extreme example.

This person possibly extrapolated his conspiracy from partial data, wish fulfillment and a desire to be important.

We need more corroboration. There is none so far.

Until there is further evidence.

Good twin

Floater

Note I was the one who put the Paulette cooper story on Marty's blog. Thats what us dupes are good at. :)

For example the statements of CBR who had much position and status, here are considered no proof of anything. To take an extreme example.

This person possibly extrapolated his conspiracy from partial data, wish fulfillment and a desire to be important.

Did someone type this for you Terril? I didn't spot any typos. Or maybe it's early over there. :coolwink:

Terril park

Sponsor
Did someone type this for you Terril? I didn't spot any typos. Or maybe it's early over there. :coolwink:

Its 1.30 am. Thats possibly early or possibly late. Depends on your point of view. Possibly late to set out in a fishing boat, and early to open a bank account.

No typos? Its a miragle! I* can't type and have frat fingers.

Thanks for the validashun. :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Not that I know of, we in the humanities department are a bit old fashioned, we have the 'Einaudi Classici' paper back version.

I would find it difficult to locate the sound of the 'high italian', gramatically it is closer to what one might find in Perugia, but I cannot hazard to guess at the aural qualities.

Maybe theatre productions of late Medieval works?

I thought I would give it a go, for the sake of amusement. I don't speak Italian but I can sometimes fake it. I hadn't intended spending more than a few hours on it, including the research, a bit of rehearsal, the performance, and then the final editing. You weren't going to get more than a page. And that was starting with the text and some model of how it should sound. I'm not an expert on 16th century Italian literature.

One reason I did the audiobook version of The Prince is that I had never read it, so I thought I would combine reading it with making a public domain version. But it is a rather dry work, with not that much room for emotional expression, and so not that interesting to read aloud.

Paul

Sindy

Crusader

Fair enough. The offered scenario sure would make a lot of things fall in place including, but not limited to, the non-embrace of other independents/freezoners. That never made sense to me. Logically, rationally, with no hidden agendas, that would be a natural alliance but, no...not in the crazy ex-C of S Scientology world. :no:

If taking over the official C of S were the desire, one certainly wouldn't want the FZ mucking up "the field".

Anyway, I don't purport to know anything nor do I really have a strong opinion one way or the other. I do know that there certainly could be more forthcoming communication. In it's absence, theories arise.

I think this is a very good post by Marty. He does speak truth, and yes, some of it is shaded, being HIS truth, but he did write it FOR scnos, not non-scnos or exes.

So it's the truth. But shaded. (As in not really truth?). Being HIS truth. (As in lies?)
He wrote it FOR scnos. not non-scnos or exes. ( As in lies? or half truths?)

He speaks 'a' truth - to scnos - who want to go on being scnos, but are questioning what is going on with the co$. He is telling them, from personal knowledge and experience, having been on on both sides of it, in and out, that if they have contacted, or are going to contact Debbie Cook, they are putting their heads on an osa/dm chopping block, and the ax is raised and ready to strike.

He knows what he is doing, but Debbie doesn't. Debbie = dumb. Marty = intelligent.
Debbie = loser. Marty = winner.

It is a warning of what to expect, as Debbie had no idea and easily succumbed to osa/co$/dm tactics and pressures.

Oh yeah, it's a warning alright. How many here have been warned by scientologists (Reges, recruiters, ethics officers, etc,) what would happen if they did "x", (what they wanted do) rather than what the scientologist wanted them to do.
BTW has Debbie succumbed to osa/co$/dm tactics and pressures? Maybe Marty proved that somewhere. I haven't seen it.

Marty is giving those scnos 'disaffected' with co$/dm, a 'safe harbor' - with the Indies - Strength in numbers.
I agree . . . in more ways than one.

Yes, strength in numbers...for Marty. Yes, 'safe habor'...for Marty. Remember, if he cannot maintain a unified front with him in the lead, god knows what Marty crimes may be exposed as scientology falls apart and there is no particular allegiance to him.

Yeah, the disaffected scnos can come here, but how many do you really think will go that route? And how is ESMB going to protect a newly-out 'disaffected scno' who still wants to be a scno? ESMB attacks those poor little still-scno-believing newbies, and tries to annhilate their belief system.

Just like I am now trying to "annihilate (your) belief system" about Marty.?:)
I don't expect to have any success at it. :)

Stepping stone here, folks, stepping stones. I think Marty's post is the most honest I've read from him yet. Even he is getting there.
Yeah, it's the most honest I've ever read too, which, relatively speaking, on the point of honesty, puts it exactly nowhere in particular. Your point about "...Even he is getting there..." Has been expressed in the past by some posters. To me it always looks like a case of projection. Seeing one's own impulse to be better, more honest, and projecting it on someone who is a liar and a manipulator and has never shown (as far as I can see) that he is really headed in the same direction, or has the same intentions and aspirations as those who project their own struggles/journey onto Marty. Just my opinion.

Marty just wants to be a scno - and until he proves himself to be another dm, I am giving him the benefit of a doubt. That does not mean I agree with him - but in this 'war', to bring down co$, we must be allies, not enemies. United front, doing what we can - as we choose . . . Isn't that what it is all about anyway, the freedom to choose? The curious Indies will be looking in other places . . . one stepping stone at a time. :yes:

Strange logic. ".... If Marty doesn't prove himself to me another dm, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt....." He cannot be a dm because there is already a dm and if he wants to be a dm you may have to wait forever. Why not look at Marty's past and Marty's present and Marty's words about what kind of world he wants around him. "...Just wants to be a scno..." Exactly. A pure Hubbardarian Scientologist.

Obviously, if I took the time to write this response I was trying to be convincing. But I expect to complelety fail in that.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Mmm. Two possibilities here, both conclusions have the same unfortunate outcome . . . <snip for brevity> . . .

Love your work! Great comment.

I see another possibility - both Marty and Debbie (or those using them) are running cult capers but don't necessarily know the other is (or maybe they are working in tandem). Between the pair of them, they appeal to the widest cohort of Scientology Kool-Aid slurpers - those already disaffected but still committed to KSW *and* those wavering but under the radar. Setting up two apparently alternative camps serves as a distraction, a system of containment where the Kool-Aid is on tap, and a powerful source of intel (including all those lovely, juicy PC folders now being CS'ed by who?).

Whatever the truth may be, there are still only two absolutes one can rely on when it comes to Scientology: its never as it first appears and its always worse than you think.

inb4 . . .

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Translation from Martyese:

"Debbie is silly and not clever. I am clever and not silly. Do not play with her. If you do bad things will happen to you."

Twenty minute standing ovation to chants of "Go away Debbie you are very silly" from crowd of confused old codgers. Marty spits out chewing tobacco, rotates baseball cap into peak forward configuration, opens bottle of beer, bites off a piece of beef jerky. Smiles to himself in satisfaction knowing that at least some people bought his BS.

Smilla,

Would it be possible in future to give us a little warning please ... perhaps a quick note a few moments prior saying 'incoming post containing mental picture possibly harmful to your health due to convulsive and explosive laughter that won't stop!'

I believe you owe us that.

:thankyou:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

Why do I even give a fuck? Too many really good people the like of Crashed Alien, me, you, the rest of us, still in there, still doing battle with what they know inside them but that keeps getting overridden by the conditioning, the barely concealed threat of violence, that fear. That horrible fear of the 'maybe'.

One of the most poorly understood and effected philosophical strands over the years has been that of the sophist Cultural Relativism. At its core, it makes sense. But most people that use it reduce it to mean:

'All being fuzzy and grey, we will take no clear and honestly defined stance'. 'There is no right or wrong'.

The pure definition is that ' truth is relative to standpoint' and indeed this something I concur with, but that goes as far as to the point where humans, animals and good things suffer.

My stance is that Marty and Mike are out to take over the Scientology world as it stands and when they do they will lead it down an increasingly fundamentalist and I believe, more violent and blinkered road.

They will be worse than Miscavige simply because the two are rigid believers in the rightness in all things Hubbard as are their flock of deluded followers.

These men are doubly dangerous now as they have successfully allied so much of the media, they are the people media goes to first and they black pr anyone that may have opposing views to them to that media.

They have essentially defused the uncompromising official German stance with regard to 'Scientology'. And this is a project that they continue to engage in.

I don't like calling it, but I must. I would like it all to be warm and fluffy, to sit down and have a few beers with them and shoot the shit. But Mikes demeanour in Dublin told volumes, he is on a mission. They are not powerful, they are just two guys, wierdos, that forward a mad, nutty and meaningless belief system. So was Bin Laden and any of the fanatics of any strand, all these cultic strands defy rationality, One could leave them alone to get on with it. But the Forgive my verbal diorrea. But I am powerless and kind of angry at what I see going on; what I see playing out. It is an age old story.

Excellent post. :thumbsup:

An age old story indeed. :omg:

I hate it that the true believers have been so cleverly duped that while searching for spiritual freedom and enlightenment they have been transformed into a pack of stimulus response animals supporting an alpha leader.

I hate it more that as you point out, too many really good people are in there doing battle. And suffering.

It is that type of earth status quo - the constant shedding of blood, sweat and tears that goes on in human endeavor as good people simply try to survive and prosper but must be alert to and wage battle against the dictators, politicos, hucksters and false prophets to do so.

What makes Hubbard and the Hubbardite movement so insidiously dangerous and, I believe, what makes it so hard for the true believers to exit the trap is ego. They can't believe that the belief system they bought into that purports to save them and the world from that age old status quo of suffering and degradation actually is that age old status quo and would thrust them further into the mud - and they got fooled again.

I too find it difficult to take. :angry:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great post, John Anchovie. But I suspect Rinder will probably never talk to you about anything again!

Did you find out how they were going to topple Miscavige? So far nothing has happened, as another poster noted.

If anyone thinks that a full-on Scientologist is immediately going to do the whole "sorry" thing and make reparation to the thousands who have fled or been fucked over, I'd say take a deep breath and think again. That would break the bank (pun not intended) and no future leader of Scientology would do that. And of course any FLoS would have to be a believing scientologist and thus there'd be no change in the truly anti-human practices of lower conditions, RPFs, etc. either. In fact, the view would be that anyone who'd suffered pulled it in.

So even if the Ms did get to the top after Miscavige bites the dust, I don't think much will change.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Emphasis mine.

Mmm. Two possibilities here, both conclusions have the same unfortunate outcome.

Marty is a kind of, what did that madman call it? Bird-dog? That would mean, of course that Marty is part of corporate cult. I would not put it past him.

They are well advanced on this plan, they have people on the inside. They just need Miscavige gone. The new COB will be Marty. His closest get first pick at top jobs. M and M's trump is volume of disaffected scinos under their wing. They consider the Scientology Corp. Sacrosanct, Ron set it up, they are duty bound to rescue it and its assets.

Debbie put a spanner in the works, she threatened their pension plan.

There are many dupes, Terril, bless his cotton socks, being just one we know and love well. He and the rest are not nasty, not bad, just dupes of more clever and conniving people. Hubbard had 'Machiavelli The Prince' put on all OSA checksheets, think that M and M have forgotten that?

(I happen to be studying this very book at the moment from the far more pleasant context of a Humanities degree, it being part of an extensive body of medeival and renaissance writing that forms the foundations of the Italian Literary Canon, so I will tell you more about it in a few months...:coolwink:)

Whatever the 'dressing', I fully believe that these men are in fact that cynical that they would lie and deceive to reach their envisioned ends. They have done everything they can to protect a powerful, multi-million, maybe multi-billion dollar company, and what have they really done to Miscavige? Nothing me thinks: just called him nasty mean names.

Hmmm ... I can't see how they are still cofs corporate and I'm very dubious about the Debbie Cook thingy, I don't feel she is working alone against the cofs, I believe she is a part of the overall Marty and Mike machine, given the task of going in 'softly' ... compared to their 'boots and all' approach.

There are probably quite a few 'old execs' involved in this attempted coup (some still on the inside) and each will have built his or her own little flock of followers over the last few years, some more KSW banging than others but all hubbard adoring.

Many other hubbard lovers will be hanging around the edges of the cofs field indignant at seeing their 'religion' getting trashed regularly via the media, perhaps not quite sure where they fit in but willing and able to dive back into the tubs rocks rah rah routine at the drop of Miscavige's hat.

:nervous:

Each of the evil plotters (lol) have to keep their individual flocks happy (not an easy task) until the big moment finally arrives when Marty is carried victorious into the office of the COB and Mike will step out of the shadows again whereby they will then hold an event (with all the hideousness of previous events) to announce that they were working together all along and have been for many years, it was the only way to achieve the aim of protecting the old mans legacy ... with much wordy PR codswallop and explanations, if they feel like giving them (like why Marty appeared to be invalidating Debbie in his blog) and lot's of raucous applauding and supercilious grinning and nodding (as only scientologists can).

The cofs will be back in business, except for one little thing ... it's too late, the toothpaste is out of the tube and has already been swirled down the drain but just in case they manage to shove some back in ... the internetz will be there ready to squirt it right back at them and (as you more or less say John) ... after a few months of initial goo goo talk it will be even worse than when the midget was at the helm!

:giggle:

You have to laugh ... or you'd cry, I just feel very happy each day to be out of it all, they are all insane while pretending to be special (they call it "OT").​

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Did you find out how they were going to topple Miscavige? So far nothing has happened, as another poster noted.

A coup needs support. It's hard to pull off a coup from the inside without known support as there is no-one to trust, no-one you can talk to without risking execution. I have to assume that DM has hornswoggled people in the SO so much that they still back him up to the hilt. One might wish for DM to be getting backed up to the hilt in a federal pen instead, but so far I don't see it happening, no action from the inside of the SO.

However, every month things are getting worse and worse for the CofS. The tipping point has to occur at some time.

If Rat and Rin got back into the CofS at the top, then they could maybe nuke all the blackmail dox DM has on them. Must be tempting.

Paul