What's new

Marty: Scientology Ex Parte Communication With Judges During Lisa McPherson Case

Zhongjianren

Patron with Honors
Mark "Marty" Rathbun: Scientology Ex Parte Communication With Judges During Lisa McPherson Civil Case

David Miscavige the Cheater

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/03/david-miscavige-the-cheater/

David Miscavige the Cheater

Posted on August 3, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 72 Comments

One of the essences of Reverse Scientology as practiced in the Radical Corporate organization is to indoctrinate through the CULTure there that life is not a game. No, they are taught that life is a deadly serious activity. They are conditioned to believe that life is an arduous struggle against evil enemies intent on enslavement – and that any lapse in seriousness about this is a transgression requiring adjustment of attitude. Adjustment toward a much more solid, black and white, us vs. them, seriousness. The Radical Corporate Scientology view is that of its leader David Miscavige. Win at any cost; defeat the designated enemy by any means necessary. Become whatever it is that the leader has you resist. And above all, NEVER question the enemy status of anyone Botox Dave fingers. Thus, the cult has become a sorry example of that which Scientology once served as an alternative to: intolerant, warring institutions.

Miscavige the Cheat

Those who know or knew Miscavige personally will tell you that he is incapable of the activity of games, by pure definition. He is obsessed with using “games” to create “no-games” conditions (that is he must dominate and overwhelm into nothingness every opponent – real or imagined – he perceives as confronting him).

Even on a personal level, there is no “game” Miscavige ever played that he did not cheat in order to “win.” In basketball, he blatantly and violently fouled his opponents and required his “teammates” to do the same (he also always made sure I was on his team, who back in the day could drain ‘em from just about anywhere:). Of course, because of his position no one could argue – and by violent overwhelm, against all rules, Miscavige would invariably “win.”

Even in the card game Pinochle, which he required execs to play with him (nobody, and I mean nobody, ever played any game with the habitual cheat on his own determinism), Miscavige overtly grabbed the cards of his opponents to view them whenever he lagged behind on points.
The obsession with winning at whatever cost of course applied to the group too. Our standard operating procedure when it came to handling a new flap, was to move in and hire the local rainmakers who, with enough palm greasing, could put the church on top at the end of the day, by any means fair or foul. I’ll give an example to illustrate.

Between April 2002 and September 2003 Miscavige had me stationed at the Clearwater Florida Headquarters of the church (also known as Flag). The primary program he ran me directly on with daily micromanagement orders was the Pinellas County Public Relations Area Control program. In short, use Public Relations and money to influence local leaders and authorities to protect the church from the disasterous potential fallout from the Lisa McPherson civil cases that continued after the June 2000 dismissal of the criminal charges against the church.

First order of business was hiring – at a very handsome salary – the number one Republican political consultant (in an historically Republican region) in Pinellas county, one Mary Repper. The program Mary and I developed under Miscavige’s direct supervision was simple.

First, Mary finds out the favorite Scientology celebrity of each influential person in Pinellas County politics and government (including law enforcement).

Second, I contact that celebrity and close him/her to come to Mary Repper’s home for a dinner with a collection of those local officials who happen to love that particular celebrity. The targets are won over by intimate face time with someone he or she is giddy over.

The Mayor of Clearwater, the Mayor of Tampa, County Supervisors, the Pinellas County Sheriff, the Pinellas County Public Defender, many prominent lawyers, and a number of other local public figures attended these special evenings with a star.

Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Greta Van Sustern, and soap star Michelle Stafford each had their own special audiences appear to be spellbound face to face at the home of Ms. Repper.

MIchelle Stafford with Mary Repper

We then used a number of the people so wowed at these events to get footholds in with judges in the Pinellas county courts – infiltrating the courts indirectly with the messages that “Scientology is good and being discriminated against”, “McPherson’s lawyers and family were bad, gold diggers exploiting Lisa’s death.” For those who haven’t read the complete St Petersburg Times Truth Revealed articles, Lisa McPherson was killed on church premises on David Miscaviges causation.

We also hired laywers who knew judges assigned to our cases in Pinellas County, and paid them so handsomely they were willing to make ex parte contact with and inculcate the judges directly with those same messages. That occured with Judge Beach who was assigned to the civil case, Estate Of Lisa McPherson vs Church of Scientology, and Judge George Greer, Church of Scientology vs. Executor of the Estate of Lisa McPherson in Pinellas county probate court. The lawyer involved with Judge Beach was Lee Fugate of Zuckerman, Spaeder (Tampa Office), http://www.zuckerman.com/tampa/. The lawyers involved with George Greer were F. Wallace Pope and Ed Armtrong of Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel & Burns, LLP.

So effective were Fugate’s many ex parte, casual meetings with Judge Beach that Beach effectively extorted the McPherson family into accepting a settlement on terms they felt degraded and disappointed with having to accept. And that is the end product of Miscavige’s “game” – no game, no rules, just application of overwhelm by any means necessary to make the other side feel degraded and so that he can stand, chest out, boot on the necks of his prey.

Miscavige the "conquerer"

As I have noted before, David Miscvige once told Tom Cruise “I wouldn’t mind George Bush being our Constantine” (the first “Christian” Roman Emporer, who converted in a deal with the “churchies” at the time by negotating what is and isn’t Christianity and then enforcing the “faith”); because Miscavige admired Bush’s alleged lack of intelligence and willingness to enforce ideas no matter how thick headed. In other words, his “perfect dissemination program”: force Scientology (read, Miscavige’s Papacy) down the throats of the populace at gunpoint.
The ultimate “product” of the church of Scientology is someone firmly in Miscavige’s valence, with no conscience, programmed to do the dictator’s bidding regardless of the merits or ethics of the matter. Devotion and surrender to the “winning” SP valence. And that product is one hundred and eighty degrees diametically opposed to what the churches promise and what the technology in good hands can deliver.

Remember that life is a game. The references within Scientology are legion on this fact. One I recommend in particular is Professional Auditor’s Bulletin 86 Causation and Knowledge, 29 May 1956. It is a very concise and clear sum up of what Scientology is and what it seeks to achieve. This has all been lost on Radical Corporate Scientologists. Yet, it is so central to what the subject is about, the fact that Miscavige has put his no-games-condition, overwhelm at all costs attitude in at all levels of Scientology, is the death knell of the subject (absent an outside agent picking up the pieces).

The end object of Scientology is not the making into nothing of all existence or the freeing the individual of any and all traps everywhere. The goal of Scientology is making the individual capable of living a better life in his own estimation and with his fellows and the playing of a better game.
- LRH, PAB 86

UPDATE 1:30 cst, Village Voice Investigates: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/scientology_use.php#more
UPDATE:

Florida Statutes Annotated Currentness
Rules Regulating the Florida Bar

Rule 4-3.5. Impartiality and decorum of the tribunal

(a) Influencing Decision Maker. A lawyer shall not seek to influence a judge, juror, prospective juror, or other decision maker except as permitted by law or the rules of court.

(b) Communication with Judge or Official. In an adversary proceeding a lawyer shall not communicate or cause another to communicate as to the merits of the cause with a judge or an official before whom the proceeding is pending except:

(1) in the course of the official proceeding in the cause;

(2) in writing if the lawyer promptly delivers a copy of the writing to the opposing counsel or to the adverse party if not represented by a lawyer;

(3) orally upon notice to opposing counsel or to the adverse party if not represented by a lawyer; or

(4) as otherwise authorized by law.

(c) Disruption of Tribunal. A lawyer shall not engage in conduct intended to disrupt a tribunal.

(d) Communication With Jurors. A lawyer shall not:

(1) before the trial of a case with which the lawyer is connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with anyone the lawyer knows to be a member of the venire from which the jury will be selected;

(2) during the trial of a case with which the lawyer is connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with any member of the jury;

(3) during the trial of a case with which the lawyer is not connected, communicate or cause another to communicate with a juror concerning the case;

(4) after dismissal of the jury in a case with which the lawyer is connected, initiate communication with or cause another to initiate communication with any juror regarding the trial except to determine whether the verdict may be subject to legal challenge; provided, a lawyer may not interview jurors for this purpose unless the lawyer has reason to believe that grounds for such challenge may exist; and provided further, before conducting any such interview the lawyer must file in the cause a notice of intention to interview setting forth the name of the juror or jurors to be interviewed. A copy of the notice must be delivered to the trial judge and opposing counsel a reasonable time before such interview. The provisions of this rule do not prohibit a lawyer from communicating with members of the venire or jurors in the course of official proceedings or as authorized by court rule or written order of the court.

Last edited:

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
So, I am confused. Is Marty saying that he is sorry that he improperly and unethically influenced the legal system?

AnonKat

Crusader
So, I am confused. Is Marty saying that he is sorry that he improperly and unethically influenced the legal system?

Well that's America for you.

judges that let themselves be improperly influenced

It always takes two to Tango

One would expect more from a Judge

T

TheSneakster

Marty has several times publicly expressed regrets for his part in all that was done during his years in RTC. Your comment above is nothing but a Red Herring.

In the above article he reveals exactly how the course of Justice was subverted in the McPherson Civil case and names exactly which people were involved. This particular information has never before been available to the Scientology critic community.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
According to Hubbard Scientology is a deadly serious activity, and since Scios are supposed to live and breathe Scientology 24/7, life becomes a deadly serious activity. Hubbard wanted enemies not merely defeated, they should be ruined utterly, if possible. And it was Hubbard who wrote that people being pts typre 3 sometimes cannot be kept alive during the introspection rundown - as was the case with Lisa McPherson.

Is Rathbun really that delusional or is he just merrily bending the facts to serve his own means? And what is worse?

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
<snip>
Is Rathbun really that delusional or is he just merrily bending the facts to serve his own means? And what is worse?

It is called revisionist history. In this version, LRH was Gandhi and MLK and Jesus all rolled into one and everything bad about Scientology is the sole province of Mr. Miscavige. Unfortunately for the revisionists, that is inconsistent with many many many testimonies of former members.

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
According to Hubbard Scientology is a deadly serious activity, and since Scios are supposed to live and breathe Scientology 24/7, life becomes a deadly serious activity. Hubbard wanted enemies not merely defeated, they should be ruined utterly, if possible. And it was Hubbard who wrote that people being pts typre 3 sometimes cannot be kept alive during the introspection rundown - as was the case with Lisa McPherson.

What is described above by Marty is what is called in the normal world, "Psychological Warfare". Is is standard Psy Ops techniques, in conjunction with a good understanding of Sun Tsu's Art of War. It involves Carnegie's notions of How to Win Friends & Influence People.

Simply, one goes in and understands the mindset and buttons of ALL involved in any skirmish, and then ANY methods that "work", all morals and ethics aside, are used to "sway" the minds of the various participants. Frame innocent people in crimes they didn't commit, lie, deceive, manipulate the egos of key politicians - whatever it takes with the application of Tone 40, "we will not give up", total dedication, and the "ends justify the means".

Hubbard wrote the various advices and policies on HOW to do this. Miscavige is simply a VERY GOOD student (of Hubbard's).

I am glad that Marty is letting such information out, because such information does better show the face of the beast. And, it matters little that Marty doesn't correctly understand the actual sources and causes (Hubbard himself) of the various shenaningans created by corporate Scientology (over the past 50 years). Just as long as Marty and his fellow deluded groupies keep letting out more and more information that makes Scientology look like the assholes that they truly are.

Marty has several times publicly expressed regrets for his part in all that was done during his years in RTC. Your comment above is nothing but a Red Herring.

In the above article he reveals exactly how the course of Justice was subverted in the McPherson Civil case and names exactly which people were involved. This particular information has never before been available to the Scientology critic community.

Were there any bits left out......did they just use hob-nobbing, or did they also use blackmail etc..?
What was Rinders part in the McPherson scandal?

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Were there any bits left out......did they just use hob-nobbing, or did they also use blackmail etc..?
What was Rinders part in the McPherson scandal?

From what I can gather, Rinder and Rathbun were not involved in any way, as they were busy being beaten by David Miscavige at the time.

That's cast iron alibi.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well i got to give credit where credit is due at least Marty _____________, the fat sack of Hubturd never did.

Edit

Awake

Patron
I think Marty has done some good exposing DM's abuses - but when it comes to exposing data that could put DM away for good - well, it ain't forthcoming. And, I have no doubt that Marty does possess that type of data.

Sounds exciting when he dribbles out something about a hot topic like Lisa McPherson. How many years now since he has known about it, said nothing - and I guarantee - is now only telling part of what he knows.....

Fooled once, shame on you........fooled twice, shame on me!

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think Marty has done some good exposing DM's abuses - but when it comes to exposing data that could put DM away for good - well, it ain't forthcoming. And, I have no doubt that Marty does possess that type of data.

Just curious, what type of data could put Miscavige away for good? Even if Marty literally knows where bodies are buried, what kind of evidence could he have to pin them on Miscavige?