What's new

Marty threatesns to sue A & E

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It would be very interesting to know what actually went on behind the scenes.
Given that the Rathbun's were being fair gamed and Mosey's legal team (which was working on a contingency basis) was doing very well, what other possibilities exist other than the Rathbun's to come to some kind of agreement with CoS ending the lawsuit?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Given that the Rathbun's were being fair gamed and Mosey's legal team (which was working on a contingency basis) was doing very well, what other possibilities exist other than the Rathbun's to come to some kind of agreement with CoS ending the lawsuit?
No idea! Witch is why I find it interesting! I'm a curious person.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, one could read Monique's filing to the court, laying out her reasoning for dropping the suit.

But I guess that would be too easy.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Well, one could read Monique's filing to the court, laying out her reasoning for dropping the suit.

Way too easy man! Nah, I'ma gonna start a blog on it and analyze Martys writing on Texas Tropics to get the real answer out of this!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

I did read Monique's filing to the court which laid out her reasoning.

And I did note that part of her reasoning included this line:
"...my husband and I have effectively achieved the primary purpose that the lawsuit was originally intended to serve by our own independent efforts."

Also there was this which I absolutely do not believe:
"...my former lawyers made two things abundantly clear to me: a) my lawsuit is not worth it financially for former counsel or anyone to continue to litigate..."

It doesn't make sense to me that, Monique would want to drop the matter because, her "lawyers had not listened to how she wanted the case to proceed." This was just after her attorney's won two major decisions for her at the trial court and appellate court levels. They were going up against a small army of Scientology's attorneys and kicking ass.

He-man said: ↑
In Martys wifes case they got rid of their legal team after what? two odd years of soliciting?
Freethinker said:
And they were winning.

Winning enough to get a golden parachute from Miscavage. That was enough. Too bad they threw their lawyers under the bus when the heard the Ka-ching.

Why else would they bail? I recall Jeffries wanted to find out if they got a payout, but I don't recall reading how it came out. I presume it was structured around the sale of his web site, rights to his books, and services rendered to the church, as a dodge.

Is he still buying the contents of storage units and selling the goodies off? Is his wife still working?

Mimsey

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
How about a sweet taste lawyer loving cup cakes?
Well I do agree that some lawyers are cup cakes. Hell anybody who works for the ilk of the mafia types Marty included is definitely not a real officer of the court of justice regardless which imaginary 5th dimension he is emanating from.

Let the Sun shine in....... let it shine..open up your heart.

I think I will take a vacation on Elon Musk's first excursion to Venus..