What's new

Marty, Tony Ortega, Ray Jeffrey, 2 other lawyers, and 2 private investigators meet

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
I will just put this here. From Marty:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...y-main-man-jason-beghe-dishes/#comment-229691

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Reply

If I were Miscavige right now, I’d get those libelous websites on Tony down asap and lawyer up. Ray Jeffrey, and two other lawyers, two private investigators, and Tony Ortega spent the day at Casablanca yesterday. Miscavige is dot connecting like an old switchboard operator on crystal meth at the moment; as he should be.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Re: Marty, Tony Ortega, Ray Jeffrey, 2 other lawyers, and 2 private investigators mee

Sounds like Jeffrey is in a complaint-filing mood.

:)

TG1

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Re: Marty, Tony Ortega, Ray Jeffrey, 2 other lawyers, and 2 private investigators mee

So Texas really is the new ground zero for the fight.

Delicious caek.

Lone Star

Crusader

I wonder if Marty offered to start the meeting with a Locational? :biggrin:

Just touch that wall over there Tony, before you sit down to talk...:eyeroll:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron

I used to say that all of this is like a reality tv,
But everyday it is becoming a good spy/action/drama comedy with lots of twists...and this is just a half of movie!
Love this game!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

What led up to ^^^^ comment:

Poison Ivy | September 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Marty, was it really DM who cost Tony his job? Those of us over at the Village Voice refugees group want to know.

If so, it’s galling that Miscavige’s CO$ still has such influence.
From your comment, should we infer that there may be some legal action taken about these propaganda sites?

I’m all in for that. More legal action against DM. Let it fly.
(I’m waiting for the class action suit from all the ex-Sea Org Members for pain, suffering and back wages…and the class action from all of you who put in money for services and had to leave without them.)

Anyway, waiting on more Tony updates. His VV readers are waiting with bated breath.

martyrathbun09 | September 26, 2012 at 9:03 am

Miscavige would be well advised to take these propaganda sites down now that they have cost Tony his job. I may post on this to clarify further.
-------------------------

What's the saying???....'when you blame someone, you are giving them power' ?

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

I used to say that all of this is like a reality tv,
But everyday it is becoming a good spy/action/drama comedy with lots of twists...and this is just a half of movie!
Love this game!

Yeah DM is like the ultimate incompetent, evil villain. And he would have gotten away with it all if it weren't for those pesky exes, anons, reporters, decent human beings.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

I'd feel happier if Marty wasn't involved. The others, given benefit of the doubt, are honest brokers, or as honest as PIs, lawyers and journalists ever are, but Marty is a dishonest slimeball who will use this situation for his own perceived advantage in any way he possibly can.

He isn't a critic or a protester or an Ex: he's a frustrated immoral palace plotter.

But with Tony no longer at the Voice, what soap box do they have? Marty, the national press, SP Times? This doesn't have the legs a JT bathhouse blow job does. It's going to take some juice to garner interest by the national press.

And like him or hate him, he was involved and can give them background data so the suit has more teeth.

It's quid pro quo - tell me about how int works and I'll give you an exclusive story.

Mimsey

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

I had started posting this stuff on another thread yesterday and couldn't go back and delete my posts after I saw the start of this thread, so forgive me if the info is duplicated elsewhere...

I think Marty has one motivation, and that's to piss DM off. He has a personal grudge and my belief is that every post he makes is a personal FU message to the COB. Everyone else is just a pawn in the game between the two of them, excepting Mike R, who I think fully understands the dynamics at play. He purposefully teases and dribbles out the information to maximize the impact it has on the COB. It's his version of bullbaiting via a public forum.

R

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I had started posting this stuff on another thread yesterday and couldn't go back and delete my posts after I saw the start of this thread, so forgive me if the info is duplicated elsewhere...

I think Marty has one motivation, and that's to piss DM off. He has a personal grudge and my belief is that every post he makes is a personal FU message to the COB. Everyone else is just a pawn in the game between the two of them, excepting Mike R, who I think fully understands the dynamics at play. He purposefully teases and dribbles out the information to maximize the impact it has on the COB. It's his version of bullbaiting via a public forum.

R

That's why the scientologists call Marty a liar. He 'natters' about DM, he pojnts the finger at DM all the time. Me, I find it kind of hard not to agree. It's kind of along the lines of ' He who doth protest much is the one who did it.' I'm a bit surprised the indies haven't caught on to him being a natterer yet, lol

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I think Marty has one motivation, and that's to piss DM off. He has a personal grudge and my belief is that every post he makes is a personal FU message to the COB. Everyone else is just a pawn in the game between the two of them, excepting Mike R, who I think fully understands the dynamics at play. He purposefully teases and dribbles out the information to maximize the impact it has on the COB. It's his version of bullbaiting via a public forum.

Yeah, I think that's true -- and I think Marty's blog can be read and enjoyed with exactly this in mind.
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I'd go a step further and say that Marty is trying to drive Miscavige insane -- or rather, to pry away at whatever underlying mental illness drives Miscavige to behave the way he does -- so that he keeps fucking up and driving people away and pulling the whole edifice down around him. As you've astutely noted, it's all being played for maximum impact on DM personally. [/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I don't think you have to like or agree with Marty to appreciate the game he's playing.[/FONT]

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

Yeah, I think that's true -- and I think Marty's blog can be read and enjoyed with exactly this in mind.
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I'd go a step further and say that Marty is trying to drive Miscavige insane -- or rather, to pry away at whatever underlying mental illness drives Miscavige to behave the way he does -- so that he keeps fucking up and driving people away and pulling the whole edifice down around him. As you've astutely noted, it's all being played for maximum impact on DM personally. [/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I don't think you have to like or agree with Marty to appreciate the game he's playing.[/FONT]

I absolutely agree. I think Marty is playing an important role in this drama, and one that shouldn't be undervalued. He has succeeded in giving true believers a safe (and considerably cheaper) place to go outside the CoS, and is also doing a great job at working DM up into a frenzy.

I would also postulate this: that the greatest contribution of Mike and Marty is that THEY LEFT. I think that they were the competence behind the figurehead. DM is not smart enough to run this thing on his own, and they were the brains behind the throne, so to speak. Once they were both gone, DM started to flop around like a fish out of water. He's got the swagger, but he just doesn't have the skillz.

Now Marty is on the offensive, he's beating DM at his own game, with no resources, starting totally from scratch. It's a fun thing to watch.

R

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet

That's why the scientologists call Marty a liar. He 'natters' about DM, he pojnts the finger at DM all the time. Me, I find it kind of hard not to agree. It's kind of along the lines of ' He who doth protest much is the one who did it.' I'm a bit surprised the indies haven't caught on to him being a natterer yet, lol

From reading his board, I would say the Indies don't WANT to catch on. They want cheaper, kinder KoolAid. They don't want to change or engage in self examination, they just wanted relief. They want their tech, and, as evidenced by their willingness to be financially and emotionally abused by the church and to look the other way at institutional CoS abuses for many years to get it, overlooking Marty's ego is NOTHING. As a matter of fact, I bet they find it comforting and familiar.

The good thing is if they DO figure it out, they can just quietly exit Martyworld with no repercussions.

R

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder if Marty offered to start the meeting with a Locational? :biggrin:

I wonder if David Miscavige starts his day with "give me a problem of comparable magnitude"? :omg:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I absolutely agree. I think Marty is playing an important role in this drama, and one that shouldn't be undervalued. He has succeeded in giving true believers a safe (and considerably cheaper) place to go outside the CoS, and is also doing a great job at working DM up into a frenzy.

I would also postulate this: that the greatest contribution of Mike and Marty is that THEY LEFT. I think that they were the competence behind the figurehead. DM is not smart enough to run this thing on his own, and they were the brains behind the throne, so to speak. Once they were both gone, DM started to flop around like a fish out of water. He's got the swagger, but he just doesn't have the skillz.

Now Marty is on the offensive, he's beating DM at his own game, with no resources, starting totally from scratch. It's a fun thing to watch.

R

I totally agree. Marty and Mike are doing damage none of us could even begin to do. Let's support him! Who cares about the Indie's. It really does not matter. People who are not ready to see the whole truth need something - so let them have it. Keep going marty and mike - they are kicking the shit out of DM!

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah DM is like the ultimate incompetent, evil villain. And he would have gotten away with it all if it weren't for those pesky exes, anons, reporters, decent human beings.

Etc., etc.! :coolwink:

TP