What's new

MARTY'S AUDIENCE IS "WOGS"

Veda

Sponsor
Marty Rathbun has a difficult job. His is mainly performing a pubic relations and opinion manipulation function, so as to influence non-Scientologists. This is why he has occasionally cautioned his Scientologist readers that he will be saying some things that may make them feel a little uneasy.

In his recent blog, he states:

"So hard hitting and dedicated were church campaigns against psychiatric associations and their front groups in the sixties and seventies that Scientology survived attacks that no other organization would have." [As an aside, one wonders if Paulette Cooper, and other "anti-Scientologists" of that era, are regarded as having been agents of the "Pyschs."]

He explains that Scientology finally won its war with psychiatry.

He then writes words aimed at the non-Scientologist audience - that audience being privy to much information, making it impossible for Marty to deny certain things.

Marty mentions some of Hubbard's writings on "psychs" from the 1980s, and seeks to distance himself from these writings. Perhaps Hubbard did not know that Scientology had won the war with the "psychs"; after all, he was living in isolation with his communication lines being controlled by Miscavige and Pat Broeker - so the idea goes.

The implication is that Hubbard, the wounded hero in the struggle to free Mankind, was "PTS" in his last few years, with unhandled "charge," left over from his courageous battles with the psychiatric establishment, and their attempts to destroy his lifelong work to help the people of planet Earth.

I keep hoping that Marty Rathbun will begin to tell the truth, rather than attempting to handle the "wogs," and a few impressionable EXes.

And sometimes I think he's making progress in his self-deprogramming, and I hope that he is.

Yet, he seems dedicated to his "mission," and that involves telling the truth only when his back is against the wall, or when it serves his ends, and twisting the truth, or simply lying, the rest of the time.

However, I do believe that his writings - being a carefully planned mix of truths, half-truths, and lies - will influence some people, and that he is being assisted by some fairly clever individuals.

By the way, this post is not meant to generate reactions, but only to serve as a brief reminder that "wogs" are Marty's primary "target" in the "rehabilitation" of Scientology's and its founder's "image."

And don't be too disillusioned if some "wogs" and a few EXes fall for it.

That doesn't mean they'll become Scientologists, most won't; it does mean that their opposition to L. Ron Hubbard's (pre-Miscavige) Scientology will have been neutralized.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Well put. I believe I have the exact wording of Marty's Mission Orders:

"Make people think nice thoughts about LRH."

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I actually thought that Tony Ortega's article a few weeks ago was enlightening. To summarize, he talked about how Marty was a public figure while In, and has done his decompression as a public figure after he blew. I think that there may be some truth to that - you see recent outs on ESMB, and they all go through the DM bad Tech good, then acknowledge that LRH was a human, then figure out that LRH was a severely fucked up and evil Satanist.

I actually think that's somewhat of a believable explanation of Marty's behavior. FWIW.....

Veda

Sponsor
I actually thought that Tony Ortega's article a few weeks ago was enlightening. To summarize, he talked about how Marty was a public figure while In, and has done his decompression as a public figure after he blew. I think that there may be some truth to that - you see recent outs on ESMB, and they all go through the DM bad Tech good, then acknowledge that LRH was a human, then figure out that LRH was a severely fucked up and evil Satanist.

I actually think that's somewhat of a believable explanation of Marty's behavior. FWIW.....

I noted something similar after Marty first went public, and noted the drawbacks of his positioning himself as a new leader of the outside the CofS Scientologists, so soon after leaving $cientology.

Nonetheless, he seems determined to go forward with his plan.

Marty has been out for seven or eight years.

When David Mayo had been out for three and a half years, he did his interview with Russell Miller.

When Bent Corydon was out for three and a half years, he wrote 'Messiah or Madman?'

Both these people could have had their own excuses for failing to recover from Scientology, or for recovering slowly, but they were courageous enough to face the truth, despite their prior indoctrination.

I would much rather have Marty fully recovered from Scientology, than have to contend with his manipulative pro-Scientology efforts, but what is is.

And right now, Marty is gearing up for some major skillful bullshitting.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And Marty has to be able to bring down the whole thing with what he knows. I doubt that his hands are clean, but his type get immunity all the time.

So why HASN'T he brought it down.

That's right, Marty! What are YOUR crimes?!?!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think a couple more quotes might be appropriate:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/
By the mid sixties the organized psychiatric and psychological associations’ attacks were so effective, Scientology was in danger of being banned in every country it had been established in across the globe. Hubbard took off the gloves. He created an international intelligence and propaganda network, the Guardian’s Office, and directed it to infiltrate, expose and destroy the major national and international mental health associations attacking Scientology. So hard-hitting and dedicated were church campaigns against psychiatric associations and front groups in the sixties and seventies that Scientology survived attacks that no other organization likely would have.

By the time I took charge of church external affairs in the early eighties, there were few organized psychiatric attacks extant on Scientology.

Ironically, it was after he had won the war against organized psychiatry that Hubbard issued his final salvos against it that would justify his successors tilting against psychiatric windmills as a matter of religious conviction for the next thirty years. From the isolation of the seclusion he imposed upon himself for the final five years of his life, in 1982 Hubbard pronounced as a matter of church policy and doctrine that psychiatrists constituted a special, identifiable type of evil spirit. That is, no person within the ranks of psychiatry or psychology was anymore simply a person who wanted to help others but was misguided into unworkable fields. Instead, psychiatrists and psychologists were a special breed of being who had been psychiatrists lifetime after lifetime, for millions of years, and were programmed to create chaos and destruction to earth. His final pronouncement on the subject directly contradicted and tore the heart out of essential basics of the philosophy he had created over three decades in that it adjudicated a class of people as inherently evil. Hubbard pronounced that the sole cause of crime on earth was psychiatrists – “There’s only one remedy for crime – get rid of the psychs. They are causing it!” Perhaps by the time we move up to May 1982 (when Hubbard published this anti-psych tract) in the larger narrative of Scientology’s history we’ll better understand Hubbard’s level of vehemence during that particular period of time.

I'm like ... huh? :eyeroll:

This is certainly a concerted effort to whitewash Hubbard and show that he was perhaps just a little weird at the end.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Marty Rathbun has a difficult job. His is mainly performing a pubic relations and opinion manipulation function, so as to influence non-Scientologists. This is why he has occasionally cautioned his Scientologist readers that he will be saying some things that may make them feel a little uneasy.

In his recent blog, he states:

"So hard hitting and dedicated were church campaigns against psychiatric associations and their front groups in the sixties and seventies that Scientology survived attacks that no other organization would have." [As an aside, one wonders if Paulette Cooper, and other "anti-Scientologists" of that era, are regarded as having been agents of the "Pyschs."]

He explains that Scientology finally won its war with psychiatry.

He then writes words aimed at the non-Scientologist audience - that audience being privy to much information, making it impossible for Marty to deny certain things.

Marty mentions some of Hubbard's writings on "psychs" from the 1980s, and seeks to distance himself from these writings. Perhaps Hubbard did not know that Scientology had won the war with the "psychs"; after all, he was living in isolation with his communication lines being controlled by Miscavige and Pat Broeker - so the idea goes.

The implication is that Hubbard, the wounded hero in the struggle to free Mankind, was "PTS" in his last few years, with unhandled "charge," left over from his courageous battles with the psychiatric establishment, and their attempts to destroy his lifelong work to help the people of planet Earth.

I keep hoping that Marty Rathbun will begin to tell the truth, rather than attempting to handle the "wogs," and a few impressionable EXes.

And sometimes I think he's making progress in his self-deprogramming, and I hope that he is.

Yet, he seems dedicated to his "mission," and that involves telling the truth only when his back is against the wall, or when it serves his ends, and twisting the truth, or simply lying, the rest of the time.

However, I do believe that his writings - being a carefully planned mix of truths, half-truths, and lies - will influence some people, and that he is being assisted by some fairly clever individuals.

By the way, this post is not meant to generate reactions, but only to serve as a brief reminder that "wogs" are Marty's primary "target" in the "rehabilitation" of Scientology's and its founder's "image."

And don't be too disillusioned if some "wogs" and a few EXes fall for it.

That doesn't mean they'll become Scientologists, most won't; it does mean that their opposition to L. Ron Hubbard's (pre-Miscavige) Scientology will have been neutralized.

So interesting, thanks!

I just started a thread on and around Marty's current "PSYCH" apologia commodora.

I was actually wondering why I didn't see you throwing down a tasty thread, but I guess we were both writing about the same time.

I think I'll cancel that thread and just post here instead.

hh

HelluvaHoax!

HERE IS THE OP OF THE THREAD WHICH I JUST MERGED WITH THIS THREAD

Here is the latest from the Indie [STRIKE]Book[/STRIKE] Blog of Revelations.

I thought Marty's current thread on Ron, Dave & PSYCHS was pretty fascinating. It reveals the continuing and clear trajectory to explain away (spin) Hubbards crimes & craziness.

We have seen part of the picture quite clearly with Marty's shore story about people foolishly taking Ron's OT III tech "literally" and how it was an allegory.

The parade of apologies continued with marching bands playing a spirited John Phillips Sousa tune called "The besmirching of Ron Hubbard's good name".

Then we have the victimization of Hubbard during the "cold war" when mysterious and hidden evil forces conspired to ruin his noble efforts to free mankind.

Other examples exist what Marty is cooking up...

But this one is a doozy. It explains Hubbard's obsessive attacks against Psychs.

I even scanned dozens of the comments where Marty is both policing the hell out of what people say and alternatively allowing blasphemous statements against Hubbard---allowing his Martyites to circle and attack in measured hyena style.

There are some real surprises on the comments section too where people challenged Hubbard's lumping PRIESTS and psychs together, questioning why Scientology doesn't equally attack "priests" which is to say, other religions.

I was going to reprint some of the comments but the cringe-factor was too gruesome. LOL. Maybe if this thread develops and is of interest to others, I will dig back in and pull out some AMAZINGLY weird Scientology stuff that people were saying about why Ron was right/wrong when he declared his mortal wholetrack enemy to be psychs and priests.

It is dizzying to watch Scientologists try to make sense out of Hubbard's AND NOW MARTY's bizarre theories.

This new Scientology (Indie) might have lost some of the chain locker tactics, but they still hold steadfast to the most alarming and bizarre beliefs that exist in the modern world.

The link for Scientology Inc vs the Psychs is a great study in how cults form and cultees are manipulated, lied to, tricked, misdirected and browbeaten into obedience.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

(Copied from the thread that is now merged with this one):

Originally Posted By Gadfly

Great post Hoaxster!

The image of the marching band (of Sea Org members) with Marty in the lead, playing a spirited John Phillips Sousa tune called "The besmirching of Ron Hubbard's good name", had me falling out of my chair.

If anyone has quick access to that flakey picture of Marty standing in full Sea Org whites (I believe with either a flag or a sword in hand), please post it on this thread. It will encourage me fall off my chair two or there more times in gut-wrenching laughter.

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Soderqvist1: Marty Rathbun claim that; “Hubbard pronounced that the sole cause of crime on earth was psychiatrists - May 1982” but why does he ignore HCOB 1982 Pain and Sex? Which states that; “Lovers are very seldom happy.” “ Under the false data of the psychs (who have been on the track a long time and are the sole cause of decline in this universe)” “These are data which emerged from recent thorough research of the whole track. This is not theory or some strange opinion. It is provable electronic fact. The waves are just synthesized.”

Bare-Faced Messiah Page 366
David Mayo also received a number of letters from Hubbard and began to worry about his state of mind. 'In the first paragraph of one letter he said something like, "You might think I've gone crazy, but I'm still OK, just believe what I say is true." I remember thinking, God, whatever's coming must be pretty weird. It was real demented stuff, berating psychiatrists and claiming they were the root of all evil, not just on this planet but since time immemorial. He had it figured out that back in the beginning of the universe, psychiatrists created evil on a particular star system. When I read it I thought my God, he is crazy! He can exhort me not to think he's crazy, but this letter belies it
http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/bfm/bfm22.htm#366

HCOB 1982 Pain and Sex by L. Ron Hubbard
http://carolineletkeman.org/sp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=226&Itemid=240

Affidavit of Robert Vaughn Young (9 March 1994) United states District Court
The "psychs" are Hubbard's scapegoat for all historical ills going back not merely scores of years but hundreds, thousands and even millions of years. In Hubbard's paranoid view, everything from rock and roll to the Third Reich and even sex itself were vile inventions of 'psychs'. (See "Pain and Sex." Attached as Exhibit C.) As incredible as that may seem, Hubbard actually believed that sex was literally invented by "psychs" millions of years ago. While he doesn't come out and say it, the implications are clear: all sex — even the attraction between couples — is bad.
http://www.xenu-directory.net/docum...LOGYS_SCAPEGOATS_FOR_EVERYTHING_INCLUDING_SEX

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure you can ever really tell with somebody like Rathbun, whose whole life was so heavily invested in the cause of Scientology. Everybody who leaves after a long time has to have tremendous courage to accept that they've lost a lot of time that won't come back. I think it must be much harder for someone like Rathbun, who had risen high in the cult, because what he has to accept is a that much greater loss of status and achievement.

Rathbun may not be simply a fraudster trying to stake out his own spin-off cult. Part of him may be an intelligent seeker slowly working his way out from a thick web of deception. But even if that's so, part of him will still be a dedicated con artist, trying to con the rest of himself. Everybody has survival instincts, and even the different parts of a person's character have their own individual survival instincts. Part of Rathbun was RTC Inspector General for many years — a proud top member of a noble elite and a tough son of a bitch, to boot — at least in self-image. That part won't go down without a long, hard fight.

Being an honest seeker is exhausting and confusing, and a determined and ingenious con artist can easily wear the seeker down to the point where they accept some quite transparent excuses — for a while. So progress can be slow, with a lot of pauses during which the seeker's sincerity can seem quite doubtful, because the holes in the story they are accepting during those exhausted pauses can seem obvious.

It might be that Rathbun's inconsistent wobbles between defending Hubbard and admitting criticism are simply the hyena tactics of a shrewd manipulator; but maybe they represent his own slow struggle with himself.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
When I worked full-time at a high pressure job I used to listen to ABC Radio National on the way to/from work -- reporting on politics, national affairs, the economy, etc. My workplace and job were high-stress and depressing enough and I didn't need to hear more depressing and crazy news. So I switched to Classic FM. My blood pressure was at least normal when I arrived to work every day.

My point is, why even bother reading what M&M say? Why bother parsing it? Why try to make sense of it? Why get outraged? It's unparseable nonsense. To make sense of it implies one is still au fait with the ideas of Scientology and the lingo it's expressed in -- not a good look if one is trying to break free. Don't waste your outrage on this piddling stuff, save it for the big stuff. I think Student of Trinity has it right when he suggests Marty could be trying to work his way out of a pretty thick web of deceit. He may not be doing it exactly as others would like. Down the track a few years, he might be consumed with embarrassment when he rereads the things he's been wanking on about.

My advice is, stop reading his blog. Your blood pressure will come down and you won't spend as much time being outraged. Believe me, the world continues to turn and has no concern about what Marty thinks. What he thinks makes not a whit of difference to most people.

I'm not directing this to the OP -- just anyone who has the time to be reading crap and getting PO'd about it. It's just easier not to read it.

HelluvaHoax!

I'm not sure you can ever really tell with somebody like Rathbun, whose whole life was so heavily invested in the cause of Scientology. Everybody who leaves after a long time has to have tremendous courage to accept that they've lost a lot of time that won't come back. I think it must be much harder for someone like Rathbun, who had risen high in the cult, because what he has to accept is a that much greater loss of status and achievement.

Rathbun may not be simply a fraudster trying to stake out his own spin-off cult. Part of him may be an intelligent seeker slowly working his way out from a thick web of deception. But even if that's so, part of him will still be a dedicated con artist, trying to con the rest of himself. Everybody has survival instincts, and even the different parts of a person's character have their own individual survival instincts. Part of Rathbun was RTC Inspector General for many years — a proud top member of a noble elite and a tough son of a bitch, to boot — at least in self-image. That part won't go down without a long, hard fight.

Being an honest seeker is exhausting and confusing, and a determined and ingenious con artist can easily wear the seeker down to the point where they accept some quite transparent excuses — for a while. So progress can be slow, with a lot of pauses during which the seeker's sincerity can seem quite doubtful, because the holes in the story they are accepting during those exhausted pauses can seem obvious.

It might be that Rathbun's inconsistent wobbles between defending Hubbard and admitting criticism are simply the hyena tactics of a shrewd manipulator; but maybe they represent his own slow struggle with himself.

True true.

But Rathbun knows much of what he is saying is pr damage control, spin, shore stories, misdirection and The Big Lie.

A Scientologist can easily deal with being the originator of such profound deception, and there is a multitude of "tech" that Hubbard affords for that very purpose.

PER ADVICE FROM HUBBARD A SCIENTOLOGIST CAN & SHOULD:

"Ignore entheta" and "cut an entheta line," making it easy to disconnect people.

"Never fear to hurt a comrade in a just cause," when applying Fair Game.

Apply the datum of "greatest good" when committing crimes and feel good about it.

"Never regrets yesterday..." when experiencing the DevT called conscience.​

The list is rather vast and endless of justifications Scientologists are trained to use when earthmen get in their way.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Marty continues to be a deluded Hubbard apologist.

He's slowly making progress and hopefully one day he'll come to his senses.

HelluvaHoax!

When I worked full-time at a high pressure job I used to listen to ABC Radio National on the way to/from work -- reporting on politics, national affairs, the economy, etc. My workplace and job were high-stress and depressing enough and I didn't need to hear more depressing and crazy news. So I switched to Classic FM. My blood pressure was at least normal when I arrived to work every day.

My point is, why even bother reading what M&M say? Why bother parsing it? Why try to make sense of it? Why get outraged? It's unparseable nonsense. To make sense of it implies one is still au fait with the ideas of Scientology and the lingo it's expressed in -- not a good look if one is trying to break free. Don't waste your outrage on this piddling stuff, save it for the big stuff. I think Student of Trinity has it right when he suggests Marty could be trying to work his way out of a pretty thick web of deceit. He may not be doing it exactly as others would like. Down the track a few years, he might be consumed with embarrassment when he rereads the things he's been wanking on about.

My advice is, stop reading his blog. Your blood pressure will come down and you won't spend as much time being outraged. Believe me, the world continues to turn and has no concern about what Marty thinks. What he thinks makes not a whit of difference to most people.

I'm not directing this to the OP -- just anyone who has the time to be reading crap and getting PO'd about it. It's just easier not to read it.

What's wrong with outrage?

Well directed passion is a noble and fulfilling endeavor.

There is much work to be done in order to Clear earth (of its MU on the word Scientology). :biggrin:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .
. . .

Wait, what?

Hubbard, the man who could spirit-walk up in the Van Allen Belt, and dodge freight-trains on Venus... the man who invented the Tech that supposedly allows you to put yourself three feet behind your own head... was isolated from humanity and the most important "game" in the sector -- simply by being put/kept/held in a trailer home in Creston, CA?

The man who could figure out stuff that happened millions or trillions of years ago, yet in his later years he couldn't learn about current affairs within his own cult?

Now, that would imply (*gasp*) that Hubbard didn't have supernatural abilities after all, and was simply a sad old bullshitter, living as a fugitive and gradually succumbing to dementia.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty continues to be a deluded Hubbard apologist.

He's slowly making progress and hopefully one day he'll come to his senses.

Reading this last blog post of his, I'm not so sure Marty is making much progress.

He had to work really hard to twist out that con-glomeration of words. I'm sure this is just a sampling of his future book "The Real Story of LRH"

He was trained in all the GO/OSA black Hubbard PR, Intel tech. He's not a run of the mill kool-aid drinking Scilon. He knows the real story and he's still running with it.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Reading this last blog post of his, I'm not so sure Marty is making much progress.

He had to work really hard to twist out that con-glomeration of words. I'm sure this is just a sampling of his future book "The Real Story of LRH"

He was trained in all the GO/OSA black Hubbard PR, Intel tech. He's not a run of the mill kool-aid drinking Scilon. He knows the real story and he's still running with it.

Imo, Marty is still a delusional Scio that can't let go. The indoc run deep in him. But to go from a point of view of all psychs are evil beings to his latest blog post, shows that he's making some progress out of the trap.

Will he completely come to his senses? Probably not. He's done way to many hurtful things to many people and coming to grips with that can be very difficult.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Imo, Marty is still a delusional Scio that can't let go. The indoc run deep in him. But to go from a point of view of all psychs are evil beings to his latest blog post, shows that he's making some progress out of the trap.

Will he completely come to his senses? Probably not. He's done way to many hurtful things to many people and coming to grips with that can be very difficult.

Maybe. But what's he's doing is using his PR talents to spin Hubbard's crazy ideas. He's dealing with the cognitive dissonance by coming up with rationalizations that permit him to go on believing.

Gadfly

Crusader
Imo, Marty is still a delusional Scio that can't let go.

. . . . . . .

What hurtful things? All Marty has ever done was defend the Path to Spiritual Freedom, and addressed and handled any criminals, critics and SPs who were nastily blocking the way for ALL MANKIND to ascend to greater heights!

He has no reason to feel regret, and should feel proud of his life of contribution to a greater cause.

You are simply not looking at the bigger picture.

Your future, for all eternity, and the future of all men, women and children on Earth, depneds ONLY on whether Scientology succeeds or not.

Would YOU let a few evil and misguided ex-Scientology members, authors, media or critics bar the way to Total Freedom for EVERYBODY?

Sometime a few have to be sacrificed to save the many. That is the natural outcome of an intelligent understanding and application of Ron's Ethics Tech. Never forget to decide all solutions according to the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. The notion of "the individual serving the greater good" has a long philosophical history, and Hubbard's ethics and justice tech is the pinnacle of such lofty ideas.

"Collateral damage", while never wanted, sometimes happens when bad people are trying to stop the good people from achieving their wondrous goals for all.

The only thing Marty has ever done, and which he has dedicated his life to, was to work very hard at helping to bring about a world without war, crime and insanity. Don't YOU also want that? You don't see that as desireable?

Marty has always been wokring to get others to "move up a little higher".

++++++++++++++++

Ok, I can't keep a straight face anymore.

:hysterical:

(yes, the above is entirely of the nature of "sarcasm")