What's new

Marty's comments about others on his blog

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I have to say that what Marty write's on his blog is really something else.

Many people's cases are evaluated by Marty based on the degree that they agree with and do not criticise LRH. Is this for real? I've read the comment about a guy being threatened with being banned unless he comes above 1.1 and another person according to Marty "shows signs of case gain" despite his comments where he states there was never a boom in Scientology and uses staff pay as an example of this. Actually, the guy is right, staff pay is atrocious, but then the reality for Marty at Int Base was probably quite different to the rest of us.

Just reading through more and more comments and have to say that this is a VERY DARK PLACE. I feel strange just reading through some of these comments and the lack of compassion for people. One guy says that his father left him at age 2 because of Scientology and that his childhood was not great and therefore he'd like to refute the claim that nothing bad came from Hubbard. The first response is 'can you refute anything in Dianetics as being true'. Well the guy states his father went clear and got colds. Marty's response 'you obviously haven't listened to the clearing course films'.

Is this guy really your number 3 for taking down Scientology? From what I read on this blog, there is something equally if not more vicious rearing it's ugly head in our midst and these guys will not take anything critical of Scientology or Hubbard.

This is so ugly and dark that it really is a wake up call to me! I want to get this darkness and blackness out of my house and out of my life. I'm finding it hard to even sit here and write. How to you guys stay on thse boards year after year.

Last edited:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
The guy whose Father left him is making an effort with Marty and when the guy disputes something in Scientology, Marty literally tells him not to bother.

Come on guys, wake up, stand up to evil. The guy is evil, was responsible for abusing people in the Church of Scientology and is still doing it now.

This guy Erwin posts some comments that are not blocked by Marty which are quite amazing considering people's experiences;

Erwin Croughs | September 29, 2011 at 9:29 am | Reply
LRH implemented family time every day for staff. He loved his wives and raised a big family. He even thought that mothers should take at least 6 years to raise their kids before working in the SO.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Is this guy really your number 3 for taking down Scientology?

Tony Ortega pretty much mean't the "Church" of Scientology and not just Scientology, and I believe he wrote something to that effect either in one of the articles or a response to someones comments.

As far as some of the comments on Marty's blog, I don't read there so often but some of the comments made as well as the overly heavy moderation bother me as well. John Peeler started a thread here not too long about his posting experience on that blog and Marty's reaction to some criticism. It wasn't pretty. :no::omg:

Here's that thread I'm referring to:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?24299-Banned-from-MartyLand

Last edited:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
As Marty Rathbun delves deeper into the role of the torchbearer of Hubbard and "pure" Scientology, he's also showing his true colors. The veneer of the critic grows thin and his character- unyielding, determined and dedicated - shines through. He's a fanatic, and those guys cannot hide their fervour very long. He's counting the days before he can move into the mansion at Gold Base previously owned by the tiny tyrant.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have to say that what Marty write's on his blog is really something else. <snipped>

Hi Vittorio:

Very interesting commentary, it is a sad state of affairs when some expect spiritual freedom from such a leader and such a group.

I totally agree with you in everything you say.

How do people stay here and write? It is for different reasons; mine to expose the truth for those who are looking for information in the internet and to help those who wish to be helped.

Many just by reading the comments, stories, critiques, etc, blow charge because what Marty and others did was not a minor thing, as far as I am concerned they are crimes against humanity because not a small group was damaged but scientologists from all over the world lost their income, some lost their families, others their youth and best years of their lives as well as their health and the worst, many lost their lives unnecessarily. Does Marty care? Only he knows...

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
[...]
Many just by reading the comments, stories, critiques, etc, blow charge because what Marty and others did was not a minor thing, as far as I am concerned they are crimes against humanity because not a small group was damaged but scientologists from all over the world lost their income, some lost their families, others their youth and best years of their lives as well as their health and the worst, many lost their lives unnecessarily. Does Marty care? Only he knows...

He certainly doesn't care about those who suffered during the reign of Hubbard.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I have gotten severl gains out of Scientology *FACT* and they are very real. Not imagined. *HOWEVER* I will not use those gains to try and discredit other people's upsets or hard to face truths about the subject and it's founder. I also know the deep unhappiness I suffered towards the end of my time in Scientology, despite enjoying being an auditor and at times a staff member.

Tory posts on the same thread I am reading (totalling 622 comments at the moment) and Marty only posts one miniscule response. Tory is treading careful, not bashing their beliefs and even sometimes validating some of the parts of Scientology she liked and shares with them. This is one person whose points Marty isn't even daring to contest, probably because he knows they are true. She's treading carefully, so he's letting her post. She's asking people to visit her youtube videos rather than putting the data on the site. People are posting tech references to her in regards to her past illness and obviously don't duplicate the she is fully 'out' of Scientology. I feel sick having just read that blog. I feel physically ill. And it makes me wonder just what was this guy up to in Scientology and who are these people who surround him with their long winded and sick and twisted justifications for everything that is wrong with Scientology.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
For all practical purposes, it's meaningful to look at Marty as being still in the Sea Org and on a mission for Hubbard. He's left the Mother Cult, but he's drinking his ration of Koolaid every day. He's on the same wavelength as Tom Cruise. Expect crazy stuff:omg:

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
The guy whose Father left him is making an effort with Marty and when the guy disputes something in Scientology, Marty literally tells him not to bother.

Come on guys, wake up, stand up to evil. The guy is evil, was responsible for abusing people in the Church of Scientology and is still doing it now.

This guy Erwin posts some comments that are not blocked by Marty which are quite amazing considering people's experiences;

Erwin Croughs | September 29, 2011 at 9:29 am | Reply
LRH implemented family time every day for staff. He loved his wives and raised a big family. He even thought that mothers should take at least 6 years to raise their kids before working in the SO.

This is utter BS. Mary Sue is the one that Implemented Family Time after she was petitioned by parents.

I’ve written plenty on this Board re: my life and times with El Ron, Mary Sue and their four children and to say that he loved his wives is documented rubbish. The saddest case of all, IMHO, was Mary Sue who was absolutely…come what may, thru thick and thin…absolutely devoted to El Ron and Hisself set her up and threw her under the bus.

El Ron did NOT raise any of Hisself’s children…Hisself’s wives did and that includes the four children El Ron had with Mary Sue.

BTW, I post here to document my life and times in personal service to El Ron and being an SO Officer and Flag Exec, Cl IV Org Staff Member and Exec and a Scientologist. I do this because it purges my Soul and, more importantly, provides my "Tiles for the Mosaic" that might be of help to another in putting together the "view of the picture" that will help the them come to closure and find peace.

I also am here on this Board because there is a whole bunch of really good, decent, humorous and very intelligent people here telling their stories and giving their "Take" which has helped me beyond measure.

Face :)

Last edited:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
This is utter BS. Mary Sue is the one that Implemented Family Time after she was petitioned by parents.

I’ve written plenty on this Board re: my life and times with El Ron, Mary Sue and their four children and to say that he loved his wives is documented rubbish. The saddest case of all, IMHO, was Mary Sue who was absolutely…come what may, thru thick and thin…absolutely devoted to El Ron and he set her up and threw her under the bus.

El Ron did NOT raise any of Hisself’s children…Hisself’s wives did and that includes their four children El Ron had with Mary Sue.

BTW, I post here to document my life and times in personal service to El Ron and being an SO Officer and Flag Exec, Cl IV Org Staff Member and Exec and a Scientologist. I do this because it purges my Soul and, more importantly, provides my "Tiles for the Mosaic" that might be of help to another in putting together the "view of the picture" that will help the them come to closure and find peace.

I also am here on this Board because there is a whole bunch of really good, decent, humorous and very intelligent people here telling their stories and giving their "Take" which has helped me beyond measure.

Thank you for writing this. I have to say I was utterly overwhelmed by the sadistic responses at Marty's blog from Marty himself and his followers who just don't seem to be able to take any criticism of Scientology, Hubbard or themselves and just blame everything on Miscavige. Reminds me of the 'dead agent box' in the Org. They take the statement from the critic and rather than refute the statement, just savage the attacker instead. I was shown this box very early on in Scientology and that is one of things that seemed most bizarre to me. One of my colleagues on staff referred to the box as 'one of my favourite things'. How can someone look at that box with no objectivity? I thought well, such and such say's that Ron lied about X, Y and Z and the OSA date doesn't mention X,Y and Z even once, just such and such.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Vittorio,

I am very confident that if someone took the time to tally up the number of SO Members that personally knew and interacted with El Ron it would show that more are Ex SO than are still SO. Furthermore, I am very confident that of those Ex SO folks the vast majority that are openly “on the record” re: Hisself are very critical of El Ron and Hisself’s ways and the Sugary Sweet Sap Sarge’s (whom I also knew) that Marty trots out from time to time to tell "Ron Stories" are the underwhelming, “overwhelmed” minority.

Marty never personally interacted with El Ron...and that’s a fact, Jack.

Last edited:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
..snip.. I feel sick having just read that blog. I feel physically ill. And it makes me wonder just what was this guy up to in Scientology and who are these people who surround him with their long winded and sick and twisted justifications for everything that is wrong with Scientology.

I think Vittorio that there are some who will go to their graves loving mankind's greatest friend and interpreting their beloved scriptures to conform to their expectations.

I'm not sure they have a choice anymore. It just is.

Be kind to yourself and maybe stay a couple of steps away from them? Until the thoughts and comments no longer affect you.

I don't believe people have to confront everything, some things just aren't worth the bother.

Marty and his merry men, while they play a large role in this scientology battleground, are really insignificant to the world. To the rest of the world, that very small part that knows or cares, they are at best an amusing curiosity, laughed at then forgotten.

They are never going to influence the world stage. They are not going to recruit thousands into their group, the internet is no kinder to them than COS and the few new recruits, if any, are those who would be drawn to cultic experience regardless of information, it is their chosen path. To those who are part of the group, we can't live their lives for them.

I read Marty's blog and especially the comments because it is a window for me to see the cult mindset in action. Must say the last few days over there have been illuminating. The fanatacism and indoctrination is more clearly revealed than ever in the face of an "attack" against their Source and tech.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Vittorio,

I am very confident that if someone took the time to tally up the number of SO Members that personally knew and interacted with El Ron it would show that more are Ex SO than are still SO. Furthermore, I am very confident that of those Ex SO folks the vast majority that are openly “on the record” re: Hisself are very critical of El Ron and Hisself’s ways and the Sugary Sweet Sap Sarge’s (whom I also knew) that Marty trots out from time to time to tell "Ron Stories" are the underwhelming, “overwhelmed” minority.

Marty never personally interacted with El Ron...and that’s a fact, Jack.

Well, in response to Tony Ortega's critical article, someone posted that he should have interviewed someone who was on the ship with Ron!

Marty is possibly banning people quicker than the Church is declaring them. It is possible that his business empire is built up of ex-Scientologists only. I wonder what his Div 6 is like? I feel strange now having signed that White House Petition knowing full well that Marty wants to use it to get new business.

I mean he is worse than Pierre Ethier when dealing with criticism or people's genuine upsets. Can't he kindly accept the fact that many have had a hard time growing up in Scientology and that those people don't need driving over with 'make wrong'. Is Marty ever wrong on his blog himself or is it just everyone else? Never defend, always attack seems to be a massively used policy over there.

I'm going to get away from the computer for a while. I cannot deal with this cruelty.

For all practical purposes, it's meaningful to look at Marty as being still in the Sea Org and on a mission for Hubbard. He's left the Mother Cult, but he's drinking his ration of Koolaid every day. He's on the same wavelength as Tom Cruise. Expect crazy stuff:omg:

For me I see the "Sea Org Attitude" as making all the difference. I see it routinely among some freezoners & independents. Those with an SO mindset, whether they were ever 'in' or not, are the fanatical & dogmatic in their approach to the subject of scientology. Conversely, those who never had, or gave up after they left, the SO mindset openly acknowledge the truth about lrh & the church and are open to different ideas & approaches to spiritual technology.

Whatever Marty's current standing vis a vis the church, he appears as deeply committed to the SO as if he had never left. I don't doubt he regards himself as fully committed and still 'in' and that he considers such an attitude to be to his own credit. It also accounts for his elevation to a 'leadership' position among the small group of former church members that share a similar perspective. :eyeroll:

In itself that constitutes a d@mn good reason his judgement can't be trusted, separate and apart from his history of activities while directly involved with the church.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
For me I see the "Sea Org Attitude" as making all the difference. I see it routinely among some freezoners & independents. Those with an SO mindset, whether they were ever 'in' or not, are the fanatical & dogmatic in their approach to the subject of scientology. Conversely, those who never had, or gave up after they left, the SO mindset openly acknowledge the truth about lrh & the church and are open to different ideas & approaches to spiritual technology.

Whatever Marty's current standing vis a vis the church, he appears as deeply committed to the SO as if had never left. I don't doubt he regards himself as fully committed and still 'in' and that he considers such an attitude to be to his own credit. It also accounts for his elevation to a 'leadership' position among the small group of former church members that share a similar perspective. :eyeroll:

In itself that constitutes a d@mn good reason his judgement can't be trusted, separate and apart from his history of activities while directly involved with the church.

Mark A. Baker

Very true Mark.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The SO mentality prizes 'toughness' as a highly commendably quality. In this context 'toughness' becomes a cold and casual callousness, that views the suffering of others as contemptible. That's the ground that Miscavige and his accomplices grew in.

I'd like to make this point perfectly clear:

Miscavige is not the only bad apple. He has willing accomplices and co-conspirators.
Without them, he'd be gone in an instant.

Rathbun and Rinder were two of his main accomplices, who left when they themselves became targets. If they hadn't become targets they'd still be there. Rathbun in particular, is a coward and a bully, who enjoys demeaning people who suffered at the hands of the Mother Cult, but don't subscribe to his own Cult of Hubbard the Immaculate.

Expect craziness.

review_nosferatu.jpg

Whatever Marty's current standing vis a vis the church, he appears as deeply committed to the SO as if he had never left. I don't doubt he regards himself as fully committed and still 'in' and that he considers such an attitude to be to his own credit. It also accounts for his elevation to a 'leadership' position among the small group of former church members that share a similar perspective. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Yep he's taking the same road to batshit crazyville that "Captain" Bill Robertson took, except Marty isn't even a poor man's Bill Robertson, he's just one of Miscavige's former waterboys. It's too bad the internet wasn't as mainstream when Bill Robertson was neck deep in the fruitcake looking for Elron's spaceship. It would have made for some outstanding comedy.

Veda

Sponsor
Before there was the Sea Org there was HCO. Fair Game dates from 1965. Find or manufacture enough threat" from 1960. "Ruin utterly," secrecy, zero tolerance for criticism, and "always attack" from 1955. "No rights of any kind," and "dispose of quietly without sorrow," from 1951. Eliminating the Sea Org does not fix the problem, any more than eliminating Miscavige fixes the problem.

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, in response to Tony Ortega's critical article, someone posted that he should have interviewed someone who was on the ship with Ron!

Marty is possibly banning people quicker than the Church is declaring them. It is possible that his business empire is built up of ex-Scientologists only. I wonder what his Div 6 is like? I feel strange now having signed that White House Petition knowing full well that Marty wants to use it to get new business.

I mean he is worse than Pierre Ethier when dealing with criticism or people's genuine upsets. Can't he kindly accept the fact that many have had a hard time growing up in Scientology and that those people don't need driving over with 'make wrong'. Is Marty ever wrong on his blog himself or is it just everyone else? Never defend, always attack seems to be a massively used policy over there.

I'm going to get away from the computer for a while. I cannot deal with this cruelty.

Vittorio,

Marty Rathbun, Pierre Ethier, etc, they are all the same megalomaniacs, dreams of grandeur while they are totally insignificant, yet extremely evil. So crazy they are that are conviced that they are benevolent and smart...and...and....that they cannot see beyond they hairy noses.

They pretend to want to help people while stabbing them on the back at the same time thinking that it is so good what they are doing. Very, very dangerous people.

Yes, take a break, I do that more often than not.