What's new

Martyworld Tech

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Lol. I see the eeeevil transcriptionists are alive and well.

Shouldn't "A postulate does function efficiently in the presence of MEST"
read "A postulate doesn't function efficiently in the presence of MEST"?

:biggrin:

Hey argue with Ron. I just cut and pasted it, kinda.

Ummm, are you in com with Ron these days? :giggle:

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
[...]

For those not familiar with them, here's a collection of Hubbard's statements on the upper OT levels. The quotes are at the end of the article: http://alanzosblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/marty-rathbuns-blind-spots-on-l-ron.html

Thanks, Veda and Alanzo. I understood as a Scientologist that the yet-to-be-released upper levels were in note form, as Alanzo's references indicate. I'll copy them here for convenience:

HCOB 30 Jul 73 “Scientology, Current State of the Subject and Materials”
"There are perhaps 15 levels above OT VII fully developed but existing only in unissued note form, pending more people's full attainment of OT VI & VII.” LRH

HCOB 24 Jan 77 “Tech Correction Round-Up”
“OT VIII has been in existence all those several years, and to it has been added a very large number of OT grades. None of them have been issued. Notes for all these grades are in existence.” LRH

LRH ED 301 Int’, 17 Dec 78 “Ron's Journal 30, 1978—The Year of Lightning Fast New Tech”

“UPPER LEVELS. There are other OT levels above VIII but these will be released from time to time when people are ready for them. We're already higher than Man has ever been and it can get quite stratospheric.” LRH

Retrieved from http://alanzosblog.blogspot.ca/2012/07/marty-rathbuns-blind-spots-on-l-ron.html

There's also a reference that names some of these yet-to-be-released OT levels, which to me implied the state of Hubbard's alleged research notes. It is a form called an FES Checklist (FES: Folder Error Summary), which case supervisors use to program cases. This checklist is Attachment 1 to HCOB 29 January 1981RA, Auditor Admin Series 24RB "FES Checklists and Summary".

Hubbard said:
OT LEVELS

NEW OT VIII (Truth Revealed)_________________
NEW OT IX (Orders of Magnitude)_________________
NEW OT X (Character)_________________
NEW OT XI (Operating)_________________
NEW OT XII (Future)_________________
NEW OT XIII_________________
NEW OT XIV_________________
NEW OT XV_________________

Hubbard, L. (1981, 29 January) FES Checklists and Summary, Attachment 1. Technical Bulletins of Dianetics and Scientology (1991 ed., Vol. S1, pp. 511-31). Los Angeles: Bridge Publications, Inc.

I attended the Death Event in Los Angeles, and understood the worksheet that Pat Broeker held up to be part of Hubbard's research for New OT IX.

I certainly hope that Rathbun and company haven't made nice with Broeker after all this time, in order to "recover," compile and release more OT levels. :überlame:

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Veda and Alanzo. I understood as a Scientologist that the yet-to-be-released upper levels were in note form, as Alanzo's references indicate. I'll copy them here for convenience:

There's also a reference that names some of these yet-to-be-released OT levels, which to me implied the state of Hubbard's alleged research notes. It is a form called an FES Checklist (FES: Folder Error Summary), which case supervisors use to program cases. This checklist is Attachment 1 to HCOB 29 January 1981RA, Auditor Admin Series 24RB "FES Checklists and Summary".

I attended the Death Event in Los Angeles, and understood the worksheet that Pat Broeker held up to be part of Hubbard's research for New OT IX.

I certainly hope that Rathbun and company haven't made nice with Broeker after all this time, in order to "recover," compile and release more OT levels. :überlame:
:roflmao::hysterical::hyper::laugh:
Wow! If the upper OT levels are as effective and powerful as the lower eight, we are in for some exciting case crashes, illnesses, failures and death! :omg: Yes, indeed! Judging by how "stratospheric" the current OTs are, imagine how impressive OT 15 will be. Can't wait!

Actually, I lied. I can wait.:duh:

Bill

AussieCase

Patron

I'm just sayin'..... anybody could make up a bunch of shit in a red font and call it an HCOB.

That's how Hubbard did it.

I might have channeled one or two of 'em myself, come to think of it.
:biggrin:

I'm not sure I could do it, even if I took a lot of grey's and pinks with my rum. I would have to inject some nasty stuff, and likely for quite some time, to come up with crap like this.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I can't locate it for you, but I remember the thread she's referring to. It's the same discussion - my assertion that there is a difference in an opinion and black PR and her not so covert insistence that I'm an idiot for believing so.

Never mind. Caroline is good on her DOX so no doubt will clarify at some stage.

That whole Black PR buzz does my head in. I see how its practitioners seek to obscure their behaviour by claiming its criticism, or fair comment, or opinion, or a heat of the moment shit fight, or whatever. Only a few people need to be babmboozled by a fallacious redefinition of terms. Much of the on-going dialogue then devolves into endless petty squabbles about definition of terms and subtle shifts in the texture of the millieu as sides are taken. Meanwhile, the Black PR keeps on keeping on: a little comment here, a certain phrase there, the repetition of particular words, the mention of a name in context - and all of it carefully assessed beforehand as likely to hurt the "target". Relentless and distracting because it inhibits genuine criticism, and opinion, and all that other good stuff.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

That whole Black PR buzz does my head in. I see how its practitioners seek to obscure their behaviour by claiming its criticism, or fair comment, or opinion, or a heat of the moment shit fight, or whatever. Only a few people need to be babmboozled by a fallacious redefinition of terms. Much of the on-going dialogue then devolves into endless petty squabbles about definition of terms and subtle shifts in the texture of the millieu as sides are taken. Meanwhile, the Black PR keeps on keeping on: a little comment here, a certain phrase there, the repetition of particular words, the mention of a name in context - and all of it carefully assessed beforehand as likely to hurt the "target". Relentless and distracting because it inhibits genuine criticism, and opinion, and all that other good stuff.

You must have been paused on this thread a while - I edited my post when I located it. Back around post 335 is where it started.

Personally, I am sick of church critics accusing other church critics of using Scientology techniques such as Black PR. I agree with you that it distracts/detracts from actual dialogue occurring.

I'm going to go play Skyrim now.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
40 years ago, during one of my first Latin language lessons, a certain concept had been introduced to me: Divide Et Impera. I think this concept is being used a lot in many posts in this thread as well as in some others.

Make of that what you will, I'm jus' sayin'. :wink2:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

In the information age, depopularization is the modern day form of assasination,

"A crowd is in reality inaccessible to reason; the only ideas capable of influencing it will always be sentiments evoked in the form of images. " Gustave LeBon "The Crowd"

Regards Arnie

PS: the words "worm" "loon" "kook" or "Lermaloon" are examples of the use of such imagery

Caroline

Patron Meritorious

I should have just linked to post #340, where Jquepublic devalues Rathbun's black PR as a "PR circus."

It's not Rathbun's PR circus that hurts or is intended to hurt. It's his black PR circus. It's the malignant or black Scientology circus, where the intention to hurt is performed.

Black PR or bullying is nothing fun or happy. It is painful for the people being bullied, and I can see that it can also be painful for some onlookers. It can even cause people to do or say uncourageous things to make the pain of onlooking go away.

Thank you for the tight summary, Infinite.

In addition to redefining black PR as criticism, argument, opinion, etc., a whole wave of black PR can be redefined as "grudge match." Degrading that black PR here to "grudge match" is more black PR against the target or victim, and, of course, made hiding the black PR wave out of public view "desirable," even "needful."

As the dialogue devolves through intentional communication actions -- lies, pretended ignorance, ignoring, obfuscation, banalities, derails, ad hominems, insults, insouciance, etc. -- confusion, the fog of war, is generated. In this fog, dupes can join the bullies, who claim in the fog to have a clear view of the real enemy -- the persons they are clearly bullying. A black PR action, like redefining the black PR as a grudge match and hiding it away, can get enormous thanks, both from the active black propagandists, and apparent dupes, who if the bullies had not so royally fogged them up might see better.

Hubbard had a rule for the human weakness for joining in the bullying, black PRing or targeting of a person, "The bank follows the line of attack." The black propagandists here know they are manipulating minds on a regressed, group level to get people to follow their line of attack, and do something to forward or strengthen the black PR, such as calling it criticism, a grudge match, etc., giving a thumb up for hiding it away from public view. When the target's image has been degraded to beast level, and enough "banks" have joined the attack, then it's safe to just go all the way in and obliterate him. And graciously receive all the thanks and thumbs up for the sterling work. (Ref. Battle Tactics.)

What Scientology's victims need for healing is empowerment, which requires a rebalancing of power, not a further imbalancing of power through further black PR campaigns. Hiding the work of the bullies disempowers the bullied further. The Scientologists' victims should know what they are going to get here on ESMB.

Judith Herman said:
THE CORE EXPERIENCES of psychological trauma are disempowerment and disconnection from others. Recovery, therefore, is based upon the empowerment of the survivor and the creation of new connections. Recovery can take place only within the context of relationships; it cannot occur in isolation. In her renewed connections with other people, the survivor re-creates the psychological faculties that were damaged or deformed by the traumatic experience. These faculties include the basic capacities for trust, autonomy, initiative, competence, identity, and intimacy. 1 Just as these capabilities are originally formed in relationships with other people, they must be reformed in such relationships.

Herman, J. (1992) Trauma and Recovery. Basic Books.

The Steve Hall Facebook documents show that in Martyworld, Scientology's most expert black propagandists actively work to create a power imbalance in their favor, and to disempower their enemies, just as relentlessly as when they were corporate Scientologists. Arguably more so, as the Indie Scientologists are recruiting a lot of new support in the Martyworld protection racket.