What's new

Mary Sue - a cipher? An enigma?

Veda

Sponsor

The segments of Hubbard in this video are chilling.

Mary Sue had been Hubbard's student since 1952. She married her guru. He taught her, used her and, ultimately, threw her under the bus.

In the chapter 'Launching the Sea Org', in the book 'Bare-Faced Messiah', Virginia Downsborough was interviewed by author Russell Miller about her time in Las Palmas with L. Ron Hubbard.

Downsborough was surprised by the large number of bottles of pills that were around Hubbard's bed where he lay moping. She did not report any physical injury. Here's an excerpt:

"He talked a lot about Sara Northrup and seemed to want to make sure that I knew that he had never married her. I didn't know why it was so important to him; I'd never met Sara and couldn't care less, but he wanted to persuade me that the marriage had never taken place. When he talked about his first wife, the picture he put out was of this poor wounded fellow coming home from the war and being abandoned by his wife and family because he would be a drain on them. He said he planned every move along the way with Mary Sue to avoid being victimized again."