What's new

Maskless prostest

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a strong urge to do a in your face, Maskless prostest.

I am looking for facts and opinions as to the wiseness of this urge.

What is the extend of current fair gaming to those who go to protest without a a mask?

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Full On!!

I have a strong urge to do a in your face, Maskless prostest.

I am looking for facts and opinions as to the wiseness of this urge.

What is the extend of current fair gaming to those who go to protest without a a mask?

I think Its better than a masked one if you can do it,
however remember,your photo gets taken and then Church members invent lots & lots of crap about you and then use it to screw people over.

Believe you me, I know some of the things they have done to people. If you do have loved ones in there they will use it to indoctrinate those you have left behind and paint a very nasty picaso of you, which has always been my back off with protests, I am not ready to do actions that may prevent me from reaching the ones I really love. I guess for me its like using tactics that blow the real suppressive wankers up in there and letting the ones I love that are in there to start to see what I am getting at. Any other suggestions on this ESMBers????:coolwink:

Pixie

Crusader
I understand what you're saying here about those with family still in, however perhaps this is what is needed to just push them over the edge. One can only take so much shit no matter how brainwashed they are and no one wants to hear bad crap about their families whether they're declared SP's or not. I think it's a good idea and I would do it for sure but for those with daughters or mothers or whatever still in it may take some convincing. People need to start showing this cult that we have nothing to hide!

klidov

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am not ready for that yet.

Too many people close to me could be impacted by my actions.

Feral

Rogue male
There is also the chance of baseless charges, such as disrupting a congregation or disturbing meditations or something, this occurred to a Boston anon.

They can cause stress but with the internet it is yet another footbullet for the cofs.

Terril park

Sponsor
I've done every protest maskless, gave my name on the google video of
my interview, gave my name to OSA at a protest, been posting freezone stuff for years, they know my name etc. I've not been contacted about any of that.

However I have no friend or family still in. Someone I know who has been maskless and delivered a critique of the second dynamic re definition at London and St. Hill caused his father and sister to be fitness boarded out of the SO until anonymous has been disbanded.

If one dosn't break the law I'd say its unlikely to be a problem.

Carmel

Crusader
I've done every protest maskless, gave my name on the google video of
my interview, gave my name to OSA at a protest, been posting freezone stuff for years, they know my name etc. I've not been contacted about any of that.

However I have no friend or family still in. Someone I know who has been maskless and delivered a critique of the second dynamic re definition at London and St. Hill caused his father and sister to be fitness boarded out of the SO until anonymous has been disbanded.

If one dosn't break the law I'd say its unlikely to be a problem.
That's great Terril - Well done to you and yours! :thumbsup:

However, while one might not 'cop it' in some areas, it seems that one could or would cop it in others. There appears to be a lot of inconsistency with responses from OSA - so it would probably be wise to be mindful of that and find out what has been happening in this regard, in one's own area.

Of course, if people have friends or family still 'in', then there is much to consider and deal with before making such a move.

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
Might I suggest that instead of just showing up maskless,

That you might want to either call your local OSA office,
or go directly to your local ORG, walk into reception and
request to see an OSA terminal.

Then you can just register your name, phone number and address
with them. You might also want to bring a flattering photo with you
as well. Nothing worse than all those candid shots. You should
try to put your best face forward.

kimhyesoo2.jpg

Last edited:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have been to two protests, and stood with the anon, without a mask.

I am still in good standing, and consider myself to be a scientologist.

I was not however carrying a sign or otherwise protesting myself but just asserting my right to associate and communicate with whomever I choose.

It was fun.

I have not been subject to any repercussions from the church. (or the anon!)

alex

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: alex! You GO! :thumbsup: How'd it feel?

Hubby and I still haven't felt the desire to go to a Protest yet....but I think we will soon. Just to do it. Ya know? It'll be more symbolic than anything.

He says he probably won't wear a mask, either. Me, I don't know....I kinda like those V Masks..:giggle:

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking that the large collection of Guy Hawkes masks/costumes (or only one) draws a lot more attention from people just walking by than a simple group of people whom they don't know anyway would do. To me it doesn't seem like going unmasked has much of an impact on anyone and you're just as anonymous anyway to people watching -- just not as attention-getting.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
I'm thinking that the large collection of Guy Hawkes masks/costumes (or only one) draws a lot more attention from people just walking by than a simple group of people whom they don't know anyway would do. To me it doesn't seem like going unmasked has much of an impact on anyone and you're just as anonymous anyway to people watching -- just not as attention-getting.

That's what I think too. With the added bonus of really ticking them off whenever anons show up in their masks! :guyfawkes:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have been to two protests, and stood with the anon, without a mask.

I am still in good standing, and consider myself to be a scientologist.

I was not however carrying a sign or otherwise protesting myself but just asserting my right to associate and communicate with whomever I choose.

It was fun.

I have not been subject to any repercussions from the church. (or the anon!)

alex

Well that casts you in a different light.:thumbsup:

Terril park

Sponsor
That's great Terril - Well done to you and yours! :thumbsup:

However, while one might not 'cop it' in some areas, it seems that one could or would cop it in others. There appears to be a lot of inconsistency with responses from OSA - so it would probably be wise to be mindful of that and find out what has been happening in this regard, in one's own area.

Of course, if people have friends or family still 'in', then there is much to consider and deal with before making such a move.

That's true. The person whose father and sister were fitness boarded out was already disconnected from him I believe.

byte301

Crusader
I wear the mask. They know who I am and I still wear the mask just to piss them off. In larger cities it is more important to wear one even if they have namefagged you. Why not let them go nuts trying to figure out who you are at every protest?

To me the mask means more then just hiding an identity.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I really appreciate each of your responses. I will further discuss this with my family and also take their concerns into my evaluation as to the best action to do.

Meanwhile I want to thank all those who are doing what they can to end the inhuman activities of the scientology organization

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
I went to a few anon pickets without a mask,

protest.jpg

The Scientologists took some pictures of me. Nothing came of it except I got one of those letters from their lawywers saying that I was a member of a terrorist group... yada yada... It is a bullshit letter with no legal merit.

letter1noaddress.jpg

letter2.jpg

Of course, I don't have any family in Scientology - so letting them know who I am isn't a big deal.

In my opinion the small two or three person pickets are the best. You can make a time that is easy for you, you don't need much coordination and the Scientologists never see it coming. It is like you materialized out of the clear blue sky. When anon has their pickets, its all over the web and the Scientologists have time to put their guard up.

wogmonster

Patron
5 Kilograms of nitro? Per Scientology church in America? That would be a hell of a lot of nitro. Besides, it's pretty obvious Anonymous isn't that well organized. There are no leaders. They are trying to herd cats. Besides, violence never works in these kinds of situations.

The SciLons still don't realize what they are up against. I find it hilarious!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Too true! CofS attempts to position Anon as "terrorists" elicits much mirth from us all and even society at large according to a straw poll of people I've asked. When it comes to real-world scenarios, the CofS really doesn't have a clue!

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
I must have spoken to hundreds and hundreds of people yesterday at our protest, and many of them saw the Anonymous sign on our pamphlet and smiled. They said 'we love Anonymous, you make protesting so much fun' and that's about where we are at totally. We have fun. We talk to people and we remain friendly.

We are known to OSA and whoever else who thinks that what we are doing is important enough to hassle us for doing it, yet we wear our masks simply to maintain the Anonymous trend, and to annoy Mike Ferris. He can get our photos off the web anyway, but I think he would love to get a photo of us actually protesting, but it aint gonna happen.

Anyway, I love the reaction from people when they ask me why I wear a mask and I tell them the truth about the fair game policy etc etc. So many people know about the tragic lives the SO endure, and many actually tell us about people they know who were in and who managed to escape. It's like therapy for many of them.

Does this make me a cyber terrorist?