What's new

Masturbating in Scientology: Aye, there’s the rub

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
From the Indie Scientology blog Possibly Helpful Advice:

Masturbating in Scientology: Aye, there’s the rub
http://possiblyhelpfuladvice.com/?p=16856

Excerpts:
Karen de la Carriere’s Surviving Scientology YouTube channel is hosting a video featuring ex-Sea Org member Chris Shelton. Karen and Chris discuss the criminalization of masturbation in Scientology, and how the practice is leveraged to keep Sea Org members subjugated as well as to extract hundreds of thousands of dollars from parishioners.

[video=youtube_share;mI7GXsOeEG4]http://youtu.be/mI7GXsOeEG4[/video]
There is, as Chris Shelton tells us in the video, a culture of “criminal masturbation” in the “church”. His explanation of what happens to OTs was very enlightening.

But Sea Org members are indoctrinated into knowing that masturbation is a crime against themselves, mankind, the universe, and most importantly, the Sea Org.

After all, you can’t work 100 hours a week if you’re rubbing one out every day, right?

And communal berthing is generally considered unusable for masturbation, so Sea Org members have to find secret rooms and closets in which to perform it. There’s additional problems from (at least with men) not having enough rags and paper towels and toilet tissue to clean up after oneself.

We’ve all heard the tales of insufficient toilet paper in Sea Org heads. Paper towels are largely nonexistent.

I didn’t realize that masturbation was such a problem until I was auditing Sea Org members in the SHSBC practical sections. The same phenomena occurred as is seen with the OTs.

Session time, and auditor time, for Sea Org members was consumed with getting off withholds about masturbation, when the poor student auditor is only trying to get his checksheet requirements for something like, say, a Scientology Drug Rundown.

In a very Scientological way, the criminalizing of masturbation comes from misapplication of a single paragraph in the book Handbook for Preclears:

The facsimiles of an individual can become considerably scrambled by masturbation. Practically all the ape family and Man masturbate. Masturbation is a prohibition result. It couldn’t drive anyone crazy. But it can make the individual pull old sex facsimiles into present time for self-stimulation and opens the door for him to desire facsimiles to be in present time.

After awhile he will be pulling pain facsimiles into present time.

Yes, there’s a question on HCO PL 22 MAY 1961THE ONLY VALID SECURITY CHECK about masturbation, but it’s only one of about 265 questions on that form.

The now-missing book Child Dianetics mentions masturbation as a problem, but only “excessive masturbation”.

And there’s an Expanded Dianetics C/S where LRH tells the auditor to handle masturbation, but only because the preclear had earlier originated it was something he wanted handled.

My conclusion is that the focus on masturbation in the Sea Org in particular and Scientology in general is that it’s something called “executive C/Sing”…an executive trying to solve organizational problems by having his own case run on other people.

I wonder, aloud, who that executive might be?

That question clarifies when as a student auditor you learn that if the Sea Org member’s masturbation is discovered, it will be used to ridicule him in front of other Sea Org members.

I wonder, aloud, who would be so amoral as to do such a thing?

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay I've got it sorted. This issue of masturbation disturbing the peace, production, purpose, blah, blah, blah can easily be resolved.

1. Read, word-clear and play doh demo relevant works by John Harvey Kellogg (Mr Anti-masturbation/cornflake);
2. Watch the movie "The Road to Wellville";
3. Buy large quantities of cornflakes and eat them by the cartload. Note: Must be sugar-free cornflakes otherwise you will become a giggling mess - with suppressed urges to masturbate. That combination could not possibly be comfortable.

Simple. Easy. Thank goodness for cornflakes. :p

JustSheila

Crusader
:omg: Ohmigod, that reminds me of a funny story!

In 1981 I was a young SO woman with raging hormones looking for a husband (because we could only have sex if married).

I had a mad crush on a public and oh oh OH could he kiss! There was a good chance he was joining the SO, and I was madly infatuated. Since he was public, the C/O AOLA, Ivan Obolensky, was less than impressed, and tried telling me in the nicest way possible that this was not a good idea unless he joined.

At the time, there was no written rule against marriage with non-SO, so when I discovered it was severely frowned upon, I was pretty dismayed. But I wasn't giving up yet.

The young man was more than a bit disappointed about the SO rules about sex and asked if we could masturbate in front of each other?

:blush: I was only young, had never done that, so that didn't happen, either. I didn't even know if it was allowed or not. I think so, though.

Then the man tells me, all excited, that he'd joined the Sea Org at FLAG!!! He thought we could be together.

I had to explain to him that there was no way the SO would allow us to be together. :bigcry:

Much later, when I got married to someone else, (and we didn't have sexual relations before marriage, either), guess what came up in our sec checks?

Masturbation. That about floored me.

So in '82 it wasn't exactly against the rules, but because we didn't know exactly what the rules were and actual sexual intercourse was wrong, I guess it came up in sec checks anyway, but I think this is one more thing we can blame on DM.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
:omg: Ohmigod, that reminds me of a funny story!

In 1981 I was a young SO woman with raging hormones looking for a husband (because we could only have sex if married).

I had a mad crush on a public and oh oh OH could he kiss! There was a good chance he was joining the SO, and I was madly infatuated. Since he was public, the C/O AOLA, Ivan Obolensky, was less than impressed, and tried telling me in the nicest way possible that this was not a good idea unless he joined.

At the time, there was no written rule against marriage with non-SO, so when I discovered it was severely frowned upon, I was pretty dismayed. But I wasn't giving up yet.

The young man was more than a bit disappointed about the SO rules about sex and asked if we could masturbate in front of each other?

:blush: I was only young, had never done that, so that didn't happen, either. I didn't even know if it was allowed or not. I think so, though.

Then the man tells me, all excited, that he'd joined the Sea Org at FLAG!!! He thought we could be together.

I had to explain to him that there was no way the SO would allow us to be together. :bigcry:

Much later, when I got married to someone else, (and we didn't have sexual relations before marriage, either), guess what came up in our sec checks?

Masturbation. That about floored me.

So in '82 it wasn't exactly against the rules, but because we didn't know exactly what the rules were and actual sexual intercourse was wrong, I guess it came up in sec checks anyway, but I think this is one more thing we can blame on DM.

Eat yer heart out Penthouse, ESMB's masturbation thread is here..... Yeehah!

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
General Amnesty

Miscavage, if he were a real man, would issue a general amnesty.

"I, David Miscavage, declare all forms of self-gratification, jerking-off, jacking-off, wanking, choking the chicken, bashing the bishop, bucking the slobbering donkey, spanking the monkey are hereby considered appropriate behavior for anyone in good standing in the Church of Scientology".

And that, my friends, would make auditing a great deal more efficient.

Crikey, the diversions those guys think of. :omg:

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Re: General Amnesty

Miscavage, if he were a real man, would issue a general amnesty.

"I, David Miscavage, declare all forms of self-gratification, jerking-off, jacking-off, wanking, choking the chicken, bashing the bishop, bucking the slobbering donkey, spanking the monkey are hereby considered appropriate behavior for anyone in good standing in the Church of Scientology".

And that, my friends, would make auditing a great deal more efficient.

Crikey, the diversions those guys think of. :omg:

Then the church would be full of wankers! We couldn't have that now.....:naughty:

Oh wait.....! Ummm.....Could rephrase that please????

David C Gibbons

Ex-Scientology Peon
I just gotta love this thread for the title alone - in this case, normal human behavior is once again used by Hubbard's/Miscavage's Scientology to guilt people into obeying. Scientology - where it is a crime to simply be human.

Ceedar

Patron

The facsimiles of an individual can become considerably scrambled by masturbation. Practically all the ape family and Man masturbate. Masturbation is a prohibition result. It couldn’t drive anyone crazy. But it can make the individual pull old sex facsimiles into present time for self-stimulation and opens the door for him to desire facsimiles to be in present time.

UGH!! My step-mom caught me masturbating and she read me this reference and "Pain and Sex". I was five years old. I shouldn't have understood what the references meant, but unfortunately, I did. My indoctrination started early...

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

UGH!! My step-mom caught me masturbating and she read me this reference and "Pain and Sex". I was five years old. I shouldn't have understood what the references meant, but unfortunately, I did. My indoctrination started early...

So did your sex drive.....

see what ron says about masturbation in SOS

although flawed, SOS is an astonishingly brilliant work. it blew me away when i read it living in a scio co-op after taking the comm course in '71

and i was frenqently puzzled by the many ways the church was violating the excellences of SOS

and now not just puzzled but appalled at such things as the gap between the SOS standards of child rearing and what happens to sea org kids

but...

just by the way, public scientologists are often reported to be very good parents...

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors
At least the Catholics offered a reason to evil-ize masturbation: sperm wastage. Any one of those spilled sperms was a potential future Catholic.

But the Sea Org prohibits procreation by its members...

CO2

Patron Meritorious

Flunk

You chose the wrong step mom.

Please restudy your materials (or next time have the nanny catch you).

tumblr_m0yx6aKm621qluh8xo1_400.jpg

I call bullshit on SOS being an astonishingly brilliant work.

Just keeping it real.

you could disagree with the assessment without calling it bullshit

i hold to my esteem of the work; it is brilliant and astonishingly so

as a matter of fact few things affirm it's brilliance quite so well as the writings of those who hate it

take a look at how truth is handled at 2.0...

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
At least the Catholics offered a reason to evil-ize masturbation: sperm wastage. Any one of those spilled sperms was a potential future Catholic.

But the Sea Org prohibits procreation by its members...

Ah, but they can't have an outflow of semen in the sea org.

Everything has to be dry in the land-based sea org. That's why all the checks of secs.

Seriously, am I the only one going to take advantage of the available puns from semen/sea org, sec/sex and org/orgasm?

Has HH stopped posting again? That is too bad.