What's new

Masturbating in Scientology: Aye, there’s the rub

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Ah, but they can't have an outflow of semen in the sea org.
<snip>

Ah, but wasn't there something in Hubbard's teachings about "outflow equals inflow"?

I guess that's where marriage comes into play, eh?

But then, I understand even less why the cult would be opposing gay marriage. :unsure: :confused2:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
you could disagree with the assessment without calling it bullshit

i hold to my esteem of the work; it is brilliant and astonishingly so

as a matter of fact few things affirm it's brilliance quite so well as the writings of those who hate it

take a look at how truth is handled at 2.0...

Oh, yes, the brilliance of SOS. I know I wept with joy and gratitude when dr. hubbard bestowed this nugget of precious knowledge to the world in 1951: (bolding mine)

"The organs of sex, at the 0.5 level, become relatively useless; indeed, this second dynamic tone scale is closely applicable to the endocrine activity of the individual and the form and condition of the physical body. The woman who in her teens was at the 1.1 level of the scale will not have a well enough developed pelvic structure or endocrine system to permit her bearing children with ease. Difficult births are a normal result of too long a residence in a low band of the tone scale during the formative period of the body. Easy births can only be expected with women who are relatively high on the tone scale."

And this, equally brilliant utterance:

"We have, in the woman who is an ambitious rival of the man in his own activities, a woman who is neglecting the most important mission she may have. A society which looks down upon this mission, and in which women are taught anything but the management of a family, the care of men, and the creation of the future generation, is a society which is on its way out. The historian can peg the point where a society begins its sharpest decline at the instant when women begin to take part, on an equal footing with men, in political and business affairs; since this means that the men are decadent and the women are no longer women. This is not a sermon on the role or position of women: it is a statement of bald and basic fact."

Bald and basic fact. Thank you dr. hubbard. Now let me go tell my wife that she needs to care for me and manage the family only. No more talk of getting a job or having a career. The existence of society itself it at stake!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
you could disagree with the assessment without calling it bullshit

i hold to my esteem of the work; it is brilliant and astonishingly so

as a matter of fact few things affirm it's brilliance quite so well as the writings of those who hate it

take a look at how truth is handled at 2.0...

Truth is truth, regardless of what "tone level" it's spoken at.

One night in 1980 and after a few drinks, my Dad worked up his nerve and told me to get out of that stupid cult. I studied him, sagely spotting his antagonistic and counter survival tone and realizing how much better off I was working 70 hour weeks on staff for about $20.00 per week rather than going back to college as my father was asking me to do.

SOS is a work of shit written by a piece of shit.

Since you're a Christian, Birdy, let me remind you during this Lenten season...

BEWARE THE SNAKE!

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Plus what is Scientology other than psychic masturbation while fantasizing oneself to be some sort of demigod ? :ohmy:
Had you ever met so many jerk offs?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
He tried to cure on others his own ocd about masturbation and thus, forgot it did hung low!

Last edited:

Adam7986

Declared SP
As funny as the topic of masturbation is now, it was not funny at all when I was in Scientology. It wasn't until I started hanging out with my friends (adoptive family) that were untouched by even the knowledge of the existence of Scientology beyond "that Tom Cruise religion" that I realized everyone masturbates. Men, women, teens, everyone. It's a completely natural urge and honestly, anyone who thinks differently is a complete and utter fool. Even people who have sex regularly masturbate on occasion. You'll find that different areas of the brain are active during masturbation and sex. The act of masturbation itself is not even comparable to sex except in the end result of orgasm. Even then though, studies have shown that in men and women alike the orgasm achieved during masturbation can be completely different than the one achieved during mutual sexual activities, even to the point of satisfying a completely different urge. Meaning that the desire to masturbate can persist even though the desire to have sex has been satisfied, and vice versa.

The most heinous thing about confession of masturbation is that the act of masturbating is an intensely personal act. It's something that a person usually does in private, and you make faces and noises and do things that if someone else was watching would not be "sexy" and potentially could cause them to laugh at us. Which is why, even though we may admit to and joke about masturbating we tend to do it in a private setting. Forcing someone to talk about their masturbation, like Scientology does, is a humiliation on a whole other level than what you could achieve in a lot of other settings. For example, some of us have outrageous fantasies that we may visualize during masturbation that would never be appealing as an actual sexual act. I'm not talking about exclusively strange fetishes. I'm talking about even something like a completely straight person having gay fantasies that, even while appealing during masturbation, they'd never act on in real life. In fact, married couples sometimes make a huge mistake when they find that their partner is masturbating, even to the point of shaming their masturbating partner because they feel like the partner is masturbating in lieu of having sex with them. This is a huge no-no.

In short, masturbation is a completely natural, harmless activity, not to mention that even with regular sex, masturbation has been shown to have positive health benefits for both men and women. The desire to masturbate and the desire to have sex are two separate primal urges that can only be satisfied by engaging in the appropriate activity. In the end it is totally OK to pay a visit to Palmetta and her five sisters once in a while, and you won't end up needing glasses at the end of it.

Okay I've got it sorted. This issue of masturbation disturbing the peace, production, purpose, blah, blah, blah can easily be resolved.

1. Read, word-clear and play doh demo relevant works by John Harvey Kellogg (Mr Anti-masturbation/cornflake);
2. Watch the movie "The Road to Wellville";
3. Buy large quantities of cornflakes and eat them by the cartload. Note: Must be sugar-free cornflakes otherwise you will become a giggling mess - with suppressed urges to masturbate. That combination could not possibly be comfortable.

Simple. Easy. Thank goodness for cornflakes. :p

I read this on Cracked.com for the first time and I couldn't stop laughing. I love me some Corn Flakes but I have never stopped touching myself because I was eating them.

Adam7986

Declared SP
Here's some great stuff on masturbation from Psychology Today:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...out-masturbation-and-the-truth-about-solo-sex

7 Myths About Masturbation—and the Truth About Solo Sex

Myth # 1: Ninety-eight percent of people masturbate—and the other 2 percent are lying

Truth: Masturbation is common but not as universal as the myth suggests. According to a recent survey of a representative sample of 5,865 Americans aged 14 to 94 by researchers at Indiana University’s Kinsey Institute, depending on age, 67 to 94 percent of men have masturbated at least once, and 43 to 67 percent have done it in the past month, with younger folks doing it more often than elders. Among women, 43 to 85 percent have masturbated, with 21 to 43 percent having enjoyed it in the past month. Because masturbation is still stigmatized, even in anonymous surveys some won't admit it, so it’s likely that actual rates are somewhat higher. But clearly, masturbation is not universal. If you do it, that’s fine, and if you don’t, that’s fine, too.

Myth #2: Masturbation can damage the genitals.

Myth #3. Masturbation causes mental health problems.

Truth: It causes only one, guilt, usually the result of a youth spent hearing that it’s unnatural, perverted, and sure to send you to hell. If your religionvilifies masturbation, that’s between you and God. But every sexualityexpert agrees: Masturbation is normal, healthy, and doesn’t cause physical or mental health problems.

Myth #4: Masturbation can sexually use you up.

Myth #5: Vibrators ruin women for sex without them.

Does driving ruin you for walking? No, it just gets you there faster. The same is true for sex with and without vibrators.

Myth #6. Women can become addicted to vibrators.

Truth: No.

Myth #7: If you’re in a committed relationship, it’s wrong to masturbate.

Masturbation is our original sexuality.

Obviously I didn't copy all of it. It's a good article.

Adam7986

Declared SP
Here's something from Health24

http://www.health24.com/Sex/Great-sex/Masturbation-vs-real-sex-20120721

“Don’t knock masturbation. It’s sex with someone you love.” Woody AllenMost people experience intense sexual satisfaction when masturbating – often much more so than when they are having sex with their partner.
The reasons for this are many. One of them is that there is no tension involved. Nobody worries about their appearance or their performance when they are masturbating.Orgasm is also often reached quite quickly and a partner’s needs do not have to be considered in any way. Also, most people also know their own bodies very well and are not shy to experiment

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Probably not,because it was caused by his BTs/:melodramatic::eyeroll:

Opter

I used to wonder if people inadvertently robbed their partner(s) of bt's due to the heavy coveting pull during sex. It is the most intense energy exchange between two people so if it were possible that seemed to be when it would happen. I thought it explained personality changes people went through when they found a new partner as maybe beings came with the energy flows. Just reflections of previous thinkingnesses...
Plus I felt it was important to watch what one fantasized during sex including and especially masturbation as a postulate is a postulate irregardless of whether it was only intended to be a fantasy as some fantasy's are better left to fantasy and if you're not careful you could be hatching a new reality for yourself without realizing it.

Leland

Crusader
I have reframed from adding to this link, but can't hold back any more. This rather humorous story was told to me by LA area Solo OT 7 , Class 4 field auditor and c/s.....around 2000. He was rather proud of himself....as he related his auditing skill in handling a masterbastion read that wouldn't flatten.
Incident wouldn't flatten...
Incident wouldn't flatten ....he finally said " OK, which hand are you masterbating with? " The PC says my right hand. Then the auditor says "OK, What are you doing with your left hand?" The PC hesitates and then says..."I have a carrot up my ass."

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
As funny as the topic of masturbation is now, it was not funny at all when I was in Scientology. It wasn't until I started hanging out with my friends (adoptive family) that were untouched by even the knowledge of the existence of Scientology beyond "that Tom Cruise religion" that I realized everyone masturbates. Men, women, teens, everyone. It's a completely natural urge and honestly, anyone who thinks differently is a complete and utter fool. Even people who have sex regularly masturbate on occasion. You'll find that different areas of the brain are active during masturbation and sex. The act of masturbation itself is not even comparable to sex except in the end result of orgasm. Even then though, studies have shown that in men and women alike the orgasm achieved during masturbation can be completely different than the one achieved during mutual sexual activities, even to the point of satisfying a completely different urge. Meaning that the desire to masturbate can persist even though the desire to have sex has been satisfied, and vice versa.

The most heinous thing about confession of masturbation is that the act of masturbating is an intensely personal act. It's something that a person usually does in private, and you make faces and noises and do things that if someone else was watching would not be "sexy" and potentially could cause them to laugh at us. Which is why, even though we may admit to and joke about masturbating we tend to do it in a private setting. Forcing someone to talk about their masturbation, like Scientology does, is a humiliation on a whole other level than what you could achieve in a lot of other settings. For example, some of us have outrageous fantasies that we may visualize during masturbation that would never be appealing as an actual sexual act. I'm not talking about exclusively strange fetishes. I'm talking about even something like a completely straight person having gay fantasies that, even while appealing during masturbation, they'd never act on in real life. In fact, married couples sometimes make a huge mistake when they find that their partner is masturbating, even to the point of shaming their masturbating partner because they feel like the partner is masturbating in lieu of having sex with them. This is a huge no-no.

In short, masturbation is a completely natural, harmless activity, not to mention that even with regular sex, masturbation has been shown to have positive health benefits for both men and women. The desire to masturbate and the desire to have sex are two separate primal urges that can only be satisfied by engaging in the appropriate activity. In the end it is totally OK to pay a visit to Palmetta and her five sisters once in a while, and you won't end up needing glasses at the end of it.

Originally Posted by sallydannce View Post
Okay I've got it sorted. This issue of masturbation disturbing the peace, production, purpose, blah, blah, blah can easily be resolved.

1. Read, word-clear and play doh demo relevant works by John Harvey Kellogg (Mr Anti-masturbation/cornflake);
3. Buy large quantities of cornflakes and eat them by the cartload. Note: Must be sugar-free cornflakes otherwise you will become a giggling mess - with suppressed urges to masturbate. That combination could not possibly be comfortable.

Simple. Easy. Thank goodness for cornflakes.

I read this on Cracked.com for the first time and I couldn't stop laughing. I love me some Corn Flakes but I have never stopped touching myself because I was eating them.

Hey ya Adam,

Know thyself, love thyself includes knowing one's own body. Sexuality has historically been used to control, to induce crippling shame and so forth.

On my wonderful journey out of the cult mind-set I discovered Oxytocin. This hormone is your best friend (along with google and dark chocolate). It is sometimes referred to as the "love hormone" as it is involved in attachment and feelings of security/safety. One of the greatest releases of oxytocin into the human body is produced by orgasm.

When I was in the cult masturbation was treated like some evil waste of energy. It was treated with almost zero emotional intelligence. Being forced to "confess" to masturbating, being told it was off-purpose, blah, blah, blah - what a crock of regressed nonsense! It was all so ultra intrusive into one's private life.

All giggling, and smutty joking aside, a sense of one's sexual self, without shame, is good for ya. And it raises oxytocin levels!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

CO2

Patron Meritorious
I have reframed from adding to this link, but can't hold back any more. This rather humorous story was told to me by LA area Solo OT 7 , Class 4 field auditor and c/s.....around 2000. He was rather proud of himself....as he related his auditing skill in handling a masterbastion read that wouldn't flatten.
Incident wouldn't flatten...
Incident wouldn't flatten ....he finally said " OK, which hand are you masterbating with? " The PC says my right hand. Then the auditor says "OK, What are you doing with your left hand?" The PC hesitates and then says..."I have a carrot up my ass."

[video=youtube;qO-Np9-pIkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-Np9-pIkY[/video]

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus
$cientology is masturbation.

While my comment is sort of a "one-liner" a mini dissertation could be written on the concept that $cientology is indeed masturbation.

I don't know if I could do that dissertation justice but I can't be the only person who ever thought of Hubbard as "the ugly unpopular kid". The kid who is gonna learn something from a mail order course out of the back of a comic book to help get revenge on people who may have done him wrong. Maybe Cmdr. Snake slipped him his snake? The kid who absorbed Horatio Alger, who later absorbed Napolean Hill and any other self help stuff from his era. I think of him as like the guy who wanted to learn to hypnotize women because his self-esteem is so low. The forerunner of all the NLP BS today and the nerds who sell courses in it. The guy who was driven to figure out everything about people and what makes them tick so he could get over on everyone. In other words, a dork. A dork who is so deficient that he has to be admired beyond all rational limits thus his and his followers claims that he's a "professional" in 29 different fields, etc etc. You get my drift? If you've ever met LaFatty you know his obscene thrist for admiration. A sick, disturbed man. So in that sense, that $cientology was Hubbards answer to life; a method of living that disguised his utter lack of skill in relating to people, that I say $cientology is masturbatuon.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Simple. Easy. Thank goodness for cornflakes. :p
Oh! Okay! I'm just now getting to this thread..this is why I thought you were masturbating at breakfast :) I'm like 2days behind here...And I've seen Road to Wellville! It all makes sense now...imagine being 'frigid' back them Hahahahaha!