What's new

Masturbating in Scientology: Aye, there’s the rub

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
:omg: Ohmigod, that reminds me of a funny story!

In 1981 I was a young SO woman with raging hormones looking for a husband (because we could only have sex if married).

I had a mad crush on a public and oh oh OH could he kiss! There was a good chance he was joining the SO, and I was madly infatuated. Since he was public, the C/O AOLA, Ivan Obolensky, was less than impressed, and tried telling me in the nicest way possible that this was not a good idea unless he joined.

At the time, there was no written rule against marriage with non-SO, so when I discovered it was severely frowned upon, I was pretty dismayed. But I wasn't giving up yet.

The young man was more than a bit disappointed about the SO rules about sex and asked if we could masturbate in front of each other?

:blush: I was only young, had never done that, so that didn't happen, either. I didn't even know if it was allowed or not. I think so, though.

Then the man tells me, all excited, that he'd joined the Sea Org at FLAG!!! He thought we could be together.

I had to explain to him that there was no way the SO would allow us to be together. :bigcry:

Much later, when I got married to someone else, (and we didn't have sexual relations before marriage, either), guess what came up in our sec checks?

Masturbation. That about floored me.

So in '82 it wasn't exactly against the rules, but because we didn't know exactly what the rules were and actual sexual intercourse was wrong, I guess it came up in sec checks anyway, but I think this is one more thing we can blame on DM.
I have soooo many questions and this is only post 6 in 4 pages.. Ut-Oh!
Sheila, from what you describe here.. Bible thumping Christians are the same way (I have hang ups from grandma).. Pretty sickening how they make self exploration and mutual exploration dirty.. You, me & a bottle of wine or pot of tea and we could girl talk this for hours.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
The facsimiles of an individual can become considerably scrambled by masturbation. Practically all the ape family and Man masturbate. Masturbation is a prohibition result. It couldn’t drive anyone crazy. But it can make the individual pull old sex facsimiles into present time for self-stimulation and opens the door for him to desire facsimiles to be in present time.

After awhile he will be pulling pain facsimiles into present time.

UGH!! My step-mom caught me masturbating and she read me this reference and "Pain and Sex". I was five years old. I shouldn't have understood what the references meant, but unfortunately, I did. My indoctrination started early...
Bless your heart because that right there is abuse in and of itself. She may have not meant it..but as a 5yr old any kind of discussion is too much IMHO.. and not even your mom but your stepmom.. :hug:
I am sorry.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Oh, yes, the brilliance of SOS. I know I wept with joy and gratitude when dr. hubbard bestowed this nugget of precious knowledge to the world in 1951: (bolding mine)

"The organs of sex, at the 0.5 level, become relatively useless; indeed, this second dynamic tone scale is closely applicable to the endocrine activity of the individual and the form and condition of the physical body. The woman who in her teens was at the 1.1 level of the scale will not have a well enough developed pelvic structure or endocrine system to permit her bearing children with ease. Difficult births are a normal result of too long a residence in a low band of the tone scale during the formative period of the body. Easy births can only be expected with women who are relatively high on the tone scale."

And this, equally brilliant utterance:

"We have, in the woman who is an ambitious rival of the man in his own activities, a woman who is neglecting the most important mission she may have. A society which looks down upon this mission, and in which women are taught anything but the management of a family, the care of men, and the creation of the future generation, is a society which is on its way out. The historian can peg the point where a society begins its sharpest decline at the instant when women begin to take part, on an equal footing with men, in political and business affairs; since this means that the men are decadent and the women are no longer women. This is not a sermon on the role or position of women: it is a statement of bald and basic fact."

Bald and basic fact. Thank you dr. hubbard. Now let me go tell my wife that she needs to care for me and manage the family only. No more talk of getting a job or having a career. The existence of society itself it at stake!

One of the things that I could never resolve was this Taliban view of women in books like SOS and women in the SO who were supposed to push heavy wheel barrows full of mud, become senior execs and not have children. Oh WAIT, scientology began it's sharpest decline at the instant when women began to take a part, on an equal footing with male scientologists and it all went tits up! I've found the real why!

Oh, yes, the brilliance of SOS. I know I wept with joy and gratitude when dr. hubbard bestowed this nugget of precious knowledge to the world in 1951: (bolding mine)

"The organs of sex, at the 0.5 level, become relatively useless; indeed, this second dynamic tone scale is closely applicable to the endocrine activity of the individual and the form and condition of the physical body. The woman who in her teens was at the 1.1 level of the scale will not have a well enough developed pelvic structure or endocrine system to permit her bearing children with ease. Difficult births are a normal result of too long a residence in a low band of the tone scale during the formative period of the body. Easy births can only be expected with women who are relatively high on the tone scale."

And this, equally brilliant utterance:

"We have, in the woman who is an ambitious rival of the man in his own activities, a woman who is neglecting the most important mission she may have. A society which looks down upon this mission, and in which women are taught anything but the management of a family, the care of men, and the creation of the future generation, is a society which is on its way out. The historian can peg the point where a society begins its sharpest decline at the instant when women begin to take part, on an equal footing with men, in political and business affairs; since this means that the men are decadent and the women are no longer women. This is not a sermon on the role or position of women: it is a statement of bald and basic fact."

Bald and basic fact. Thank you dr. hubbard. Now let me go tell my wife that she needs to care for me and manage the family only. No more talk of getting a job or having a career. The existence of society itself it at stake!

as i have noted, SOS has flaws

veda continuously points to the worst of them

and although ron made that outrageously male chauvinistic statement in SOS, CoS was one of america's premier leaders in providing equal opportunity for women; there isn't a post on the org board that hasn't frequently been filled by women except for el primo maximo which has been only ron and davey and davey might not be a woman but he strikes me as something less than a man...

Last edited:
Truth is truth, regardless of what "tone level" it's spoken at.

One night in 1980 and after a few drinks, my Dad worked up his nerve and told me to get out of that stupid cult. I studied him, sagely spotting his antagonistic and counter survival tone and realizing how much better off I was working 70 hour weeks on staff for about $20.00 per week rather than going back to college as my father was asking me to do.

SOS is a work of shit written by a piece of shit.

Since you're a Christian, Birdy, let me remind you during this Lenten season...

BEWARE THE SNAKE!

our judeo-christian scripture along with the bill of rights are the two primary filters i ran ron's writings through as i read them tinok...

your opinion has my respect and your position can be argued intelligently at length

i will hold to my opinion that despite it's flaws SOS is the single finest and most powerful basic handbook of human psychology ever written

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
People jerking off? Oh my!
It is obvious to me that ol' mother Hubbard was saving people from themselves, lest they become afflicted by drooping testicles as he was from compulsively 'tidying-up-the-package'.

I have always found this aspect of Cult-of-LRon quite funny, especially when considering that there are probably stacks of reports/KR's and the like gathering dust-bunnies in Org basements around the world. Years down the road>>>> "You don't dare leave, we'll tell teh world about your out-2D with yourself if you do! Nya-nya-nya! So there!"
:hysterical:

Oh de shame of it :melodramatic::melodramatic::melodramatic:

:p

People jerking off? Oh my!
It is obvious to me that ol' mother Hubbard was saving people from themselves, lest they become afflicted by drooping testicles as he was from compulsively 'tidying-up-the-package'.

I have always found this aspect of Cult-of-LRon quite funny, especially when considering that there are probably stacks of reports/KR's and the like gathering dust-bunnies in Org basements around the world. Years down the road>>>> "You don't dare leave, we'll tell teh world about your out-2D with yourself if you do! Nya-nya-nya! So there!"
:hysterical:

Oh de shame of it :melodramatic::melodramatic::melodramatic:

:p

no oggie...

this suppression of masturbation is a recent development not something from ron. the only comment i recall him making about masturbation is in SOS when he decries it's repression and demonization and notes that most everyone does it...

davey and most top execs are catholics and they're turning CoS into a funhouse mirror image of the RCC...

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
CBS, you haven't read his 'affirmations'? Or any of his lutzy shite about how masturbating made his balls hang low?

:)

CBS, you haven't read his 'affirmations'? Or any of his lutzy shite about how masturbating made his balls hang low?

of course i've read the affirmations (or as we in COAS refer to them; "the admissions")...

more than once

those are notes ron wrote to himself in private. they were found by gerry in an archive where ron had long since left them behind. he was scarcely more than non-entity when he wrote them and he was pumping himself up to produce an historic magnum opus. which he then did. you could condense the entirety of their content into "lo though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil for i am the evilest sonofabitch in the valley"...

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
More like "Lo, though I walk through the valley of debt, I shall fear no weasels, 'cause I out-evil them all!" derrrr :p

Yup, smashing his way into his-story, uh-huh, frikken lunatic ol' LRon was :hysterical:

:whistling:

More like "Lo, though I walk through the valley of debt, I shall fear no weasels, 'cause I out-evil them all!" derrrr :p

Yup, smashing his way into his-story, uh-huh, frikken lunatic ol' LRon was :hysterical:

:whistling:

yeah oggie, but like it or not, the randy old goat is an historic figure and whether or not he truly was a lunatic and/or sociopath the presence of brillance in his work has always been acknowledged by many of his hardest and harshest critics. even time magazine with it's "cult of greed and power" cover story referred to him as "brilliant but eccentric"...

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
But my dear CBS, the brilliance was the con, not his profoundly twisted creations, hell, who but a most obnoxious charlatan could have pulled it off?

I bet ol' PT Barnum would have been fascinated, though probably appalled as well, at the Long-Con of LRon. W.C. would have laughed his ass off. Groucho would be straight-out dead-pan 'I thought they said 'Saving my plant', my cat doesn't get it.'

Hey, its so good that a part of you is still there mon :nervous:

But my dear CBS, the brilliance was the con, not his profoundly twisted creations, hell, who but a most obnoxious charlatan could have pulled it off?

I bet ol' PT Barnum would have been fascinated, though probably appalled as well, at the Long-Con of LRon. W.C. would have laughed his ass off. Groucho would be straight-out dead-pan 'I thought they said 'Saving my plant', my cat doesn't get it.'

Hey, its so good that a part of you is still there mon :nervous:

no

the stuff that's con game doesn't look very brilliant to me

it's the stuff that produced the toolbox i acquired in the three years i was in; the toolbox i've used to work wonders for forty years

it's intangibles oggie. if don't you see it, you don't see it. if you can't see it, you can't see it. and if you refuse to see it you're probably gonna be pretty damned pissed about the stuff the birdman writes...

well enough for today

time for this ardent and accomplished auditor, loyal to the creed and the code, valiant and fierce in defense of the tech who affirms man's capacity to achieve spiritual states and abilities which might be termed "OT" to go smoke dope and jack off...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
well enough for today

time for this ardent and accomplished auditor, loyal to the creed and the code, valiant and fierce in defense of the tech who affirms man's capacity to achieve spiritual states and abilities which might be termed "OT" to go smoke dope and jack off...

Please be careful with the hot ash, all that wrist action could connect the burning tip of your naughty cigarette to the burning tip of your naughty bits and then you might need an intensive of ''from where can you communicate with your todger'.:no:

JustSheila

Crusader
I have reframed from adding to this link, but can't hold back any more. This rather humorous story was told to me by LA area Solo OT 7 , Class 4 field auditor and c/s.....around 2000. He was rather proud of himself....as he related his auditing skill in handling a masterbastion read that wouldn't flatten.
Incident wouldn't flatten...
Incident wouldn't flatten ....he finally said " OK, which hand are you masterbating with? " The PC says my right hand. Then the auditor says "OK, What are you doing with your left hand?" The PC hesitates and then says..."I have a carrot up my ass."

:spitcoffee: :hysterical: Okay, that is so totally unexpected, fergodsakes. But still, I mean =

Is that a CRIME? When did the Church of Scientology make masturbation a security clearance question?

And here I just posted on another thread articles about how stress can bring about a lack of sex drive.

It's like the Church of Scientology is trying to do its own version of insane population control. :omg:

And that's why so people don't have the -------- to leave. The crazy cults immasculates men and defeminises women. Security clearance questions about masturbation!

I went to Catholic schools run by nuns through 12th year and I never heard of anything so zany. "Frowned upon" is a very different attitude!

When did DM become so masterbataphobic, anyway? :duh: (Not that I've ever masturbated or anything, of course...)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
In 1993, the U.S.government funded a study to see why the head of a man’s penis was larger than the shaft. After one year and $580,000.00, they concluded that the reason the head was larger than the shaft was to give the man more pleasure during sex.

After the US published the study, France decided to do their own study as well. After $1.7 million (U.S. dollars) and 3 years of research, they concluded that the reason was to give the woman more pleasure during sex.

Poland, unsatisfied with these findings, conducted their own study. After 2 weeks and a cost of around $15.46, they concluded that it was to keep a man’s hand from flying off and hitting him in the forehead.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
:spitcoffee: :hysterical: Okay, that is so totally unexpected, fergodsakes. But still, I mean =

Is that a CRIME? When did the Church of Scientology make masturbation a security clearance question?

And here I just posted on another thread articles about how stress can bring about a lack of sex drive.

It's like the Church of Scientology is trying to do its own version of insane population control. :omg:

And that's why so people don't have the -------- to leave. The crazy cults immasculates men and defeminises women. Security clearance questions about masturbation!

I went to Catholic schools run by nuns through 12th year and I never heard of anything so zany. "Frowned upon" is a very different attitude!

When did DM become so masterbataphobic, anyway? :duh: (Not that I've ever masturbated or anything, of course...)

I think it's more than just trying to take away all forms of enjoyment. If people do things that you tell them not to then you can control them. Governments liked Homosexuality to be illegal, then they could blackmail people into spying in very dangerous circumstances, meanwhile execs can use jerk guilt to control their staff. Scientology management relies on guilt to control, even though a little self abuse never harmed anyone. (so I've read in books, of course like you I have never actually done any such thing)

Ceedar

Patron
Bless your heart because that right there is abuse in and of itself. She may have not meant it..but as a 5yr old any kind of discussion is too much IMHO.. and not even your mom but your stepmom.. :hug:
I am sorry.

Thank you, Miss Wog! You are so kind and compassionate. You say the nicest things and have provided me with much comfort. My step-mom has apologized over and over for her behavior; I forgave her several years ago and that did lead to lots of healing. In her defense though, she fell in love with my dad and was thrown into juggling step-mom duties to a three and four year old, while trying to become indoctrinated as a good Scientologist and new wife. Pretty overwhelming! I blame the Tech for how she treated me. She was just following the written word of LRH 100% standardly.