Measles Outbreak Aboard Cruise Ship Prompts Saint Lucia to Quarantine Vessel

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Those that are anti-vaccine should have to do the following:

Never take antibiotics - after all some people are allergic and may have a bad reaction, so do not take it so you support those poor people.
Never take allergy medications - after all some people are allergic or have reactions. Just let the snot flow & if you get phenomena oh well.
Never take fever reducers - after all some people are allergic or have reactions. Let the fever burn it's self out.
Never take blood pressure medications - if God wants you to die of a heart attack or stroke let his will be done.
Never take cholesterol medications - some are bad for you and it will take years for your arteries to clog up & you have a heart attack or stroke.
Never take diabetic medications/shots - you can adjust your diet, if you lived a sin free life you would not have this problem.
Never take any medications that the doctor orders - tests were done on animals & humans before it became available - how can you live with yourself.

I had a great aunt & an uncle that had polio, I saw the effects, I protected my kids. I had my kids vaccinated - I did wait until they were slightly older than the usual age, additional size/weight seems to help reduce the change of bad side effects. I also gave the antibiotics and other medications when needed. Yes they could have died form the "cure" - but they could have died from the cause. I am allergic to aspirin/aspirin products, I do not take them. I am type two diabetic, have high cholesterol & I take medications for these issues.

Anti-vaccine folks should have to care for people who are ill due to a lack of vaccination. The reality is not has pretty or noble as the cause leads them to believe.
Yep, I still remember seeing the limping kids, the leg braces and a couple of times seeing people in the Iron Lungs. That kinda scared me, being stuck (trapped) in a box with only your head sticking out and an array of mirrors just to be able to look around.

I agree with you though. If you think vaccination is all a con job, then you should be thinking all meds are too.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
Anti-vaccine folks should have to care for people who are ill due to a lack of vaccination.

How about arranging visits between anti-vaxxers and victims of disease? If it makes anti-vaxxers uncomfortable for an hour or two, I DON'T CARE !!

Meningitis can cause deafness, loss of limbs, retardation and possibly more. Apparently measles can cause terrible suffering too. And we know what polio does.

If you look at things from a certain point of view, I received a vaccine FOR CANCER. Doctors took about 1.7 or 1.8 liters of bone marrow out of my body, reduced it to eight 70-milliliter bags and cooled it to between -80 and -200 Celsius for temporary storage. Then they destroyed my immune system. When they carefully re-warmed my bone marrow and gave it back to me (Feb. 2, 2005), guess what? My immune system rebuilt itself from this bone marrow and I've been Hodgkins-free for over 14 years !!!

(Lymph nodes near your spinal column produce white blood cells that make up your immune system. Hodgkins Lymphoma results when your immune system is overwhelmed and not working correctly. So you could think of Hodgkins as "cancer of the immune system".)

You could argue that I did NOT get a vaccine, because I merely received my own genetic material back. I didn't receive some kind of crippled/mutated virus or antibodies or whatever (like a "traditional" vaccine). And the injection of material was through a catheter in my chest instead of a needle like a traditional vaccine. But it worked.

EDIT: If I had done nothing, or just received auditing, I would be DEAD today.

Last edited:

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
If you look at things from a certain point of view, I received a vaccine FOR CANCER. Doctors took about 1.7 or 1.8 liters of bone marrow out of my body, reduced it to eight 70-milliliter bags and cooled it to between -80 and -200 Celsius for temporary storage. Then they destroyed my immune system. When they carefully re-warmed my bone marrow and gave it back to me (Feb. 2, 2005), guess what? My immune system rebuilt itself from this bone marrow and I've been Hodgkins-free for over 14 years !!!
I'm glad to hear you are going strong. Stay frosty.

Well, when I moved to a new city in 2012, I ended up driving a Yamaha V-Star Classic 650 to my new city in the middle of the night. 60 MPH / 100 km per hour at 19 degrees F. I wore two pair of pants, 2 or 3 shirts, two pair of gloves, and two coats. (Stock exhaust, stock carburetors, the whole motorcycle feels like a "very nice package", and at 535 lbs., it's light enough you can fairly easily handle it in a parking lot.)

Meteorologists tell us that wind chill is NOT any harsher (causing frostbite faster) on human skin when the wind goes above 40 miles per hour. I am not so sure about that.

But I'm feeling fine now.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Well, when I moved to a new city in 2012, I ended up driving a Yamaha V-Star Classic 650 to my new city in the middle of the night. 60 MPH / 100 km per hour at 19 degrees F. I wore two pair of pants, 2 or 3 shirts, two pair of gloves, and two coats. (Stock exhaust, stock carburetors, the whole motorcycle feels like a "very nice package", and at 535 lbs., it's light enough you can fairly easily handle it in a parking lot.)

Meteorologists tell us that wind chill is NOT any harsher (causing frostbite faster) on human skin when the wind goes above 40 miles per hour. I am not so sure about that.

But I'm feeling fine now.
Been there, done that too. Lol.
19 degrees C is fairly comfortable here (just). But -7C is another matter.

How many weeks did it take to thaw out? Sounds like with all that gear on, you would've weighed more than the bike!

You should check out some modern riding gear, some jackets are comfortable in sub zero temps with only a T shirt on underneath..