What's new

Measles Outbreak Aboard Cruise Ship Prompts Saint Lucia to Quarantine Vessel

Leland

Crusader
A bit more news.....

"....at which point its 216 crew members and 102 passengers were again prevented from disembarking, according to Izzy Gerstenbluth, the head of the Epidemiology and Research Unit at Curacao’s Ministry of Health."

"At least 31 crew members and 10 passengers were able to provide proof, while health officials took blood samples from 277 people and sent them to the Netherlands to test for measles, Gerstenbluth said."

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...e-board-quarantined-curacao/story?id=62853671

Leland

Crusader
https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/blood-tests-not-in-curacao/

Not really new info....but affirms what is happening. Very short...

"WILLEMSTAD - Curaçao does not have the capacity to examine huge numbers of blood tests in a short period of time. This is according to epidemiologist Izzy Gerstenbluth.
For that reason, the 277 blood samples collected on board the Freewinds last Sunday were sent to the Netherlands. There they are examined for measles. The result is expected today or tomorrow. It is then also decided whether the ship's quarantine can be lifted."

So....today or tomorrow, there should be some results and what will happen next.

Jenyfurrr

Patron
(snipped)But yes, I think they really will charge for the vaccines. If not for the vaccine itself, for the mandatory nurse/MLO time to administer it, the ethics officer time to check for PTSness and the review time to run it out.
(Snipped)

I had a feeling that was the answer. It seems a monumentally stupid thing to do, but then... lol I recall who we’re discussing. This situation seems to contain not just huge liability potential but all ingredients of other milestone occurrences that led to mass departures (Debbie Cook’s NY email, Freedom’s “expose” on the apostates...).

Between this all over the news, the huge Narconon lawsuit loss, potential for another Aftermath season (plus hopefully some legal action is taken w/Danny Masterson) that 2019 is a turn-point year. I hear people talking/joking about scientology everywhere now. I don’t want them reduced to a mere joke or soundbite so abuses aren’t taken seriously BUT it’s encouraging to see how well-known they are for being a complete scam!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>
"... I think they really will charge for the vaccines. If not for the vaccine itself, for the mandatory nurse/MLO time to administer it, the ethics officer time to check for PTSness and the review time to run it out.
<snip>
Maybe they'll give those on the cruise a couple choices in how this will be handled:

1) They can pay for the vaccine AND also the Purif they'll have to re-do after taking the vaccine, spending possibly a hundred hours or more in the sauna.
They might need a sec-check as well. They're obviously out-ethics or they wouldn't have pulled this incident in.

2) Alternatively, they can upgrade their IAS Status, and the nurse/MLO will dump their vaccine overboard (while receiving the FSM Commission for the "donation" to the IAS).

No One

a girl is no one
A bit more news.....

"....at which point its 216 crew members and 102 passengers were again prevented from disembarking, according to Izzy Gerstenbluth, the head of the Epidemiology and Research Unit at Curacao’s Ministry of Health."
That sure is a lot of crew to the passenger ratio...

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
My two cents on the Freewinds story:

scientology-ship.jpg

The news about the Scientology ship Freewinds in the Caribbean, quarantined because one of its crew members has the measles, has gone “viral” (pardon the pun) on the internet and has now hit the mainstream media. ABC, NBC, Reuters, and USA Today have all had something to say about it.
They reported it with a straight face, but I detected a certain schadenfreude about it — as if they wanted to come right out and laugh in Scientology’s face about ...

Read more

guanoloco

As-Wased
My two cents on the Freewinds story:

scientology-ship.jpg

The news about the Scientology ship Freewinds in the Caribbean, quarantined because one of its crew members has the measles, has gone “viral” (pardon the pun) on the internet and has now hit the mainstream media. ABC, NBC, Reuters, and USA Today have all had something to say about it.
They reported it with a straight face, but I detected a certain schadenfreude about it — as if they wanted to come right out and laugh in Scientology’s face about ...

Read more

Lynn, that's a great story!!

All I could think of is "Where are the plans to the Death Star?" and "You're a traitor and a rebel spy!"

Leland

Crusader
That sure is a lot of crew to the passenger ratio...
I noticed that too.

Pretty much 2 to 1....

Don't know what to think of that....

But even with just 100 passengers...(Scientology passengers....) paying say $10,000 for one week aboard....that is 1 Million Dollars per week...

triumph

Over 100 people that had visited the Freewinds....within the window of contagion....were checked for Measles and none were found.

I am assuming these were locals?

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/post/local/no-measles-detected-on-visitors-freewinds-end-of-april/
they had locals on the Freewinds from Aruba on the 27th benefiting the Go Cultura Foundation
and then had an event on the ship on the 28th in Curacao.. 2 local entertainers had videos for that date on their facebook page A (both have deleted those videos *heh*)
a third has not..
RMozgSK.png

translation sux
MCq3cz7.png

they also had a talent contest in Curacao on the 20th,many locals attended that as well
one visitor to that event posted 189 photos aboard the freewinds

and Rob Meister posted a video April 30th 2019 with an entertainer

with the caption Singing with the lovely Debbie Beaujon of Curacao (last week)
that would fall between the 18th and 25th Black Scientologist Convention

Debbie Beaujon performed on the Freewinds many times in the past.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Day 12 of the Quarantine

Latest Measles Ship News:

"WILLEMSTAD - Hundreds of Scientologists remain stranded aboard the Freewinds after a measles outbreak forced authorities to board the vessel and jab unvaccinated crew and passengers.

More than 300 people have been trapped aboard the MV Freewinds, the only ship in operation from the Scientology church’s original flotilla, since a Danish crew member tested positive for the disease on April 29.
Authorities had been hoping to disembark all passengers by Wednesday this week but Curacao’s chief health officer, Dr Marlene Fredericks-James, said the vessel would remain quarantined for the duration of the measles incubation period, which is up to 12 days."

https://www.curacaochronicle.com/po...-luxury-cruise-ship-after-a-measles-outbreak/

Well....There is no news on the 277 Blood Samples sent to the Netherlands for testing....but this News Release today, and the Chief Health Officer of Curacao's statement and decision to keep the Scientology Measles Ship, Freewinds (MV...motor vessel?) Quarantined would indicate to me that at least some of them came back positive. Don't know from which date the Health Department is measuring the 12 days of incubation.....

So, Don't know when this will end...

Scientology Measles Ship Freewinds to remain Quarantined! The ship has been under quarantine for 12 days now.

pineapple

More than 300 people have been trapped aboard the MV Freewinds, the only ship in operation from the Scientology church’s original flotilla
Well, they got that part wrong. The Freewinds wasn't acquired by CoS until 1986.

"An entity called the Flag Ship Trust (FST) was formed in December 1985 with the aid of a US$5 million donation from the International Association of Scientologists. In September 1986, the FST purchased Bohème, renamed her Freewinds, and refitted her to enable use for Scientology purposes. The vessel was put into service in June 1988."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freewinds#1986_onwards:_Scientology_acquisition_and_ownership

Thanks for the update, though. :)

Edit: I e-mailed the Curacao Chronicle about the error.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Food for thought for the Church of Scientology: Live Science, relying on an article in The Lancet Infectious Diseases Journal, has published a story on the "25 US Counties Most at Risk of Measles Outbreaks." Los Angeles County, CA is number 2 on the list.

Hillsborough County, FL, is number 17 on the list. The story states, "Adjacent counties are also considered at risk." Hillsborough County is next to Pinellas County, the home of the Scientology Flag Land Base in Clearwater.

https://www.livescience.com/65458-counties-at-risk-measles.html

z3EYxkg.png

Last edited: