What's new

Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Claim

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

Liz and James have been tireless on this and has also been key in the FWO data collection as has Scooter who worked his feathers off. It's been a pleasure to work with these fellers, no one was leader fagging or ego bloating, that is no one who was actually involved.

^^THIS! THIS! THIS!^^

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

Yes, heroes come in all shapes and sizes!
Well done to all involved, we love ya! :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Zicny.jpg

Sindy

Crusader

Who is Nick Xenophon? My God. He is like an angel from heaven. Wow. :biglove:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Would a class action allow those who fall outside the 6 year limit to be included?

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron

Would a class action allow those who fall outside the 6 year limit to be included?

Sadly Free, no it doesn't, not within the current legislation. That is why it is vital for all who feel they fall within the time frame outlined in the OP to contact Slater and Gordon.

I may just say here that this is really just the opening salvo who knows what may follow from these things?...:coolwink:

Sindy

Crusader

But...it would mandate that those still hoodwinked within the church as staff members, would start getting a living wage, right?

How would that go over? I can't imagine that most staff members, after they thought about it for a bit, would think that was a bad idea, right?

I think, in that sense, the church is in a PR dilemma there as its troops might start to feel betrayed if the church tries to fight that living wage too vehemently or am I just delusional thinking that the staff could get their heads out of their asses long enough to see this and if they did, they'd be gone anyway?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

But...it would mandate that those still hoodwinked within the church as staff members, would start getting a living wage, right?

How would that go over? I can't imagine that most staff members, after they thought about it for a bit, would think that was a bad idea, right?

I think, in that sense, the church is in a PR dilemma there as its troops might start to feel betrayed if the church tries to fight that living wage too vehemently or am I just delusional thinking that the staff could get their heads out of their asses long enough to see this and if they did, they'd be gone anyway?

In a recent thread, which I can't find right now, an $cn-member was quoted to receive $70 to $140 per week plus clothing, food , berthing etc. So the cult might be able to do some damage control.

Sindy

Crusader

In a recent thread, which I can't find right now, an $cn-member was quoted to receive $70 to $140 per week plus clothing, food , berthing etc. So the cult might be able to do some damage control.

Well, I doubt that is the norm for the SO and that certainly does not apply to Class V org staff who have to not only work at an org getting paid next to nothing while getting nothing towards any expenses of any kind.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron

I have been working with Slater & Gordon along with Nettie and James and this media release has just been fired nationally. All before Thursday 2 and now bring it on

Just to add that there were other players as well including Cherished, Feral, Deano and others who provided valuable information throughout this process.... thanks to all ...

To Liz, James and Scooter, as mentioned above,
and ALL who have helped on this:: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheers: :clap: :happydance:

and :thankyou:

This is Maaaaaaaaaaaaaahvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeloussssssssssss!!!!:biggrin:

Tory/Magoo

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

Sadly Free, no it doesn't, not within the current legislation. That is why it is vital for all who feel they fall within the time frame outlined in the OP to contact Slater and Gordon.
Yeh.. But all those cases that are older than 6 years are the most damaging PR conceivable for the scam cult! - If this Class Action Suit is won, those old cases will be a confirmed and proven crime that The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology got away with... And the public, while agreeing that the law is the law, will be quite UN-satisfied that they did get away with cheating since 1950 and until only 6 years ago!

We need to produce the figures! - How many since 1950? - What kind of money.. In Australia and worldwide? - Just how much loot did the criminal and thieving organization of Scientoilogy get away with stealing!?

Harh.. I have often said that Scientology's public image is the worst and could not conceivably be any worse than it already is.. I stand corrected!

:yes:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron

The FWO (Fair Work Ombudsman) will hand down the final document soon, no doubt, if it is close to the draft findings then the game has changed considerably.

It will not be business as usual!

James

Edit: There will be airing of an interview with Happy Days tonight, A Current Affair and LateLine. Tune in to watch. This will be in relation to Slater and Gordon and the Class Action.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Yeh.. But all those cases that are older than 6 years are the most damaging PR conceivable for the scam cult! - If this Class Action Suit is won, those old cases will be a confirmed and proven crime that The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology got away with... And the public, while agreeing that the law is the law, will be quite UN-satisfied that they did get away with cheating since 1950 and until only 6 years ago!

We need to produce the figures! - How many since 1950? - What kind of money.. In Australia and worldwide? - Just how much loot did the criminal and thieving organization of Scientoilogy get away with stealing!?

Harh.. I have often said that Scientology's public image is the worst and could not conceivably be any worse than it already is.. I stand corrected!

:yes:

Time for you guys to dig out the old pay slips, methinks... :coolwink:

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader

Man, it would be so great if this just went all the way! In my family, even if we didn't count my time on staff at all and just did my husband's time during his 25 years on staff, being paid a modest wage of $30K which would be ridiculous for the number of hours he worked but hey, we'll compromise. We would be owed $675,000.00! :thumbsup:

Anyway, one can fantasize. I know that will never happen but, whatever happens in Australia, I hope it catches on elsewhere and completely cripples and forever shuts down the behemoth monstrosity.

Kerry

Patron with Honors

OH OH OH ! This is the best news. Well done! :happydance: :dancer: :dance3:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Mr N, That statement was made by Virginnia Stewart, OSA PR ANZO, in her response to the FWO Draft Report. See here; http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-14/church-of-scientology-upset-by-leaked-report/2899388
Consider the source.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Mr N, That statement was made by Virginnia Stewart, OSA PR ANZO, in her response to the FWO Draft Report. See here; http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-14/church-of-scientology-upset-by-leaked-report/2899388

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks!

Consider the source.

Good advice is good. :biggrin:

EDIT
Here's the link where I saw it: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...e-on-Fair-Work&p=613945&viewfull=1#post613945

Last edited: