What's new

Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Claim

Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

current local time OZ about 11.58.

Countdown!

Re: Arithmetic

1,000 ex-staffers X $20/hour X 60 hours/week X 52 weeks/year X 5 years = $312,000,000.

Again, that’s 312 million fucking dollars.

And don't forget the Australian Tax Office will be looking for their share! They love nothing better than recovering unpaid taxes:thumbsup:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

5314983757_6b35d024f2.jpg

" . . . Hey - Scientology! How's it working out for ya, mate? . . . "

You know, I'm not convinced that the statute of limitations applies in this matter. Is it too long a bow to suggest that Scientology has deliberately avoided paying tax by attempting to classify its employees as "volunteers"? Evidence that this has been going on for decades must, surely, constitute a fraud.

Well, tax law is how they got Capone. IANAL.

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader

Hey - Scientology! How's it working out for ya, mate?

5314983757_6b35d024f2.jpg

You know, I'm not convinced that the statute of limitations applies in this matter. Is it too long a bow to suggest that Scientology has deliberately avoided paying tax by attempting to classify its employees as "volunteers"? Evidence that this has been going on for decades must, surely, constitute a fraud. And, as I understand it, there is no statute of limitations on tax crimes.

Well, its how they got Capone.

It's just you feel like, if murder is as bad twenty years ago as six years ago, and rape is as bad twenty years ago as six years ago, why isn't slavery as bad twenty years ago as six years ago? It just doesn't seem like justice to treat some people differently because of an arbitrary line in the sand. 'Six years and one day? No, no, no, no, no. Five years and 364 days? Why certainly! You have a legitimate complaint.'

iIs.eternal

Just as would Napoleon Dynamites dorky brother would say...yeeeeeessssssssssssss!

Albion

Patron with Honors

Just a wee note to say I've incorporated the proposed lawsuit
into my write-up of the Ombudsman's report at Infinite
Complacency

I hope to do something more detailed on that report later.

Jonny Jacobsen

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

Bump

Purple Rain

Crusader

-deleted-

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader

They have extraordinarily large gonads.

Something to do with vegamite.

Yeh, that bloody Vegemite will do it to ya . . . if you can stand that stuff, you've got wot it takes! :ohmy::melodramatic:

R

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Astounding to read the "Church" viewpoint. It boggles the mind.
This comes from "living in a bubble" of complete UNREALITY.

Church representative on Tony Ortega's blog posts this ~~

Poster Marcotai

The Australian anti religious extremist senator is desperately try to find new apostates for his class action lawsuit because his 8 "witnesses' were found to be unreliable (liars). So far he has recruited NONE and he is trying to find out the whereabouts of his 'pupil" Mr Saxton, the guy who ran away with the senator's and anonymous' donated money. The senator need your help. Could you lie for money? If the answer is yes, please contact him.
posted by
Marcotai (always posting the latest OSA drivel)

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/scientology_oz-fest.php#more

• What wall ?
  • What planet do they live on ?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Poster Marcotai

The Australian anti religious extremist senator is desperately try to find new apostates for his class action lawsuit because his 8 "witnesses' were found to be unreliable (liars). So far he has recruited NONE and he is trying to find out the whereabouts of his 'pupil" Mr Saxton, the guy who ran away with the senator's and anonymous' donated money. The senator need your help. Could you lie for money? If the answer is yes, please contact him.
posted by

• What wall ?

Yes, sickening.

However Jeff Hawkins had a good comeback:

We also enjoyed the always insightful observations of Beghe's fellow countdown resident, Jefferson Hawkins:

Jason tells it like it is -- he doesn't mince words. Miscavige hates Jason for the same reason he liked him when he was in -- for Miscavige, it's all about image and appearance. That's why he's obsessed with celebs. It doesn't matter if you beat people or abuse them or defraud them, it doesn't matter if things are falling apart around you, as long as you keep looking good in your own publications and events. If you want confirmation that the Church of Scientology is on its last legs, consider the fact that "Marcotai" is the best apologist they can muster these days. And all he can do, apparently, is "attack the attacker," spew venom at anyone who questions the Church, thus continuing to shred any last traces of credibility that the Church might have left.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Poster Marcotai

posted by

Dave?

Is that You?

I know You're always saying You have to do EVERYTHING but this is getting ridiculous!

Man, You need a break.

Take a holiday, Dave - go diving in the Caribbean or take in the scenery and whiskey of Scotland or SOMETHING.

I mean, is the job really worth that much to get so worked up about it?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Poster Marcotai

posted by

• What wall ?

Lolol, Marcotai is a total tool of a troll/apologist whose blather has been a source of amusement for a while on YouTube, most of the regulars there figure he's only about 15 with a grade 5 education, and/or slightly retarded.
:lol::lol::lol:

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron

What I really find disturbing is that the CoS calls it a win to not have to pay their hardworking and dedicated staff, and they promote this publicly.

The CoS makes very good income off the backs of hardworking staff. So why do they think that its OK NOT to have to pay.

Corporately I find this unethical and repulsive and it sends a message that it's Ok to make money and NOT pay your staff.

I believe Slater & Gordon and FWO will certainly make an example of the CoS for this unethical and criminal operating basis and make them pay, it's just a matter of time.

It's not over by any means....

jenni with an eye

What I really find disturbing is that the CoS calls it a win to not have to pay their hardworking and dedicated staff, and they promote this publicly.

The CoS makes very good income off the backs of hardworking staff. So why do they think that its OK NOT to have to pay.

Corporately I find this unethical and repulsive and it sends a message that it's Ok to make money and NOT pay your staff.

I believe Slater & Gordon and FWO will certainly make an example of the CoS for this unethical and criminal operating basis and make them pay, it's just a matter of time.

It's not over by any means....

Well said Happy Days :thumbsup:

and a big :hifive: and :bighug: to all involved in bringing this about.

The simple fact that the cofs has publicly announced that this is a 'big win' is a major :footbullet: in itself.

At a later date when the dust has settled and the 'relevant authorities' do hold the cofs accountable, the cofs will not be able to complain because it will be based on this 'big win'.

So the real :winner: is the unsuppressable :kangaroo::kangaroo::kangaroo: that were brave enough to stand up and do something about that corporation a.k.a the church of scientology.

Cherished

Wasn't too bad, though you usually would have a "the" after accidentally. On other hand...fuck it, it's not like there is a meme police or sumthin. :biggrin:
The missing word was "give".