What's new

Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Claim

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

Astounding to read the "Church" viewpoint. It boggles the mind.
This comes from "living in a bubble" of complete UNREALITY.

Church representative on Tony Ortega's blog posts this ~~

Poster Marcotai

The Australian anti religious extremist senator is desperately try to find new apostates for his class action lawsuit because his 8 "witnesses' were found to be unreliable (liars). So far he has recruited NONE and he is trying to find out the whereabouts of his 'pupil" Mr Saxton, the guy who ran away with the senator's and anonymous' donated money. The senator need your help. Could you lie for money? If the answer is yes, please contact him.
posted by
Marcotai (always posting the latest OSA drivel)

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/09/scientology_oz-fest.php#more

• What wall ?
  • What planet do they live on ?

Yawn...we will just keep doing what we do.
James

Happy Days

Re: Media Alert: Slater & gordon Investigates Class Action over Scientology Wages Cla

Interviews have started with Slater & Gordon .... :thumbsup:

So make the call to S&G and get on board .... it's time :yes::yes:

02 8267 0626

Happy Days

Steven Lewis from Slater & Gordon did a radio interview

Here's the link

http://www.2ue.com.au/legalmatters

Click on Legal Matters with Tim Shaw Sunday September 18th starts at 9.08

Enjoy :biggrin:

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Steven Lewis from Slater & Gordon did a radio interview

Here's the link

http://www.2ue.com.au/legalmatters

Click on Legal Matters with Tim Shaw Sunday September 18th starts at 9.08

Enjoy :biggrin:

Wow, it sounds like the Aussies might sue the cult for back wages. That would be so great.

I wonder what the equivalent laws in the U.S. are.

It makes me think of the time I worked my ass off for six months renovating the Fort Harrison hotel. They had promised me ten bucks an hour off of my freeloaders debt, which I found out later was a lie. ASHO day where I worked in L.A. had no intention of honoring an agreement made by Flag, a different org.

I should have gotten a lawyer right away.

Cherished

I would encourage anyone who worked for the church to get legal advice about the prospects of making a claim for backpay.

Bear in mind two things:

a) The Headley decision - which is under appeal, due to be heard in October - is a precedent that the SO were excluded from the Labor laws due to a "ministerial exemption".

b) In some cases, where a defendant has not acted with "clean hands", they are not allowed to claim that it is too late for the claim to be made against them (ie. that the statutory period of limitation has expired). So, don't assume that because you were employed more than, say, 6 years ago, that you have no claim.

Obviously, mounting a case that the Church should not be allowed to rely on the limitation period means producing evidence that the Church's behaviour toward YOU was such that they shouldn't be allowed to rely on the statute. You can't just make vague claims that their policies are bad, or some such thing.

tl;dr Speak to a lawyer who knows about these things.

PTSPal

Patron with Honors

:happydance:WOW! That was an excellent interview. I really liked the OSA squid at the end..The attorney made the issue extremely clear. I desperately hope that enough people will contact this law firm to make this worth while. It really sounds like a slam dunk barring the inevitable shinanigans that will be coming from the COS...

keeping my fingers crossed....:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Purple Rain

Crusader

I would encourage anyone who worked for the church to get legal advice about the prospects of making a claim for backpay.

Bear in mind two things:

a) The Headley decision - which is under appeal, due to be heard in October - is a precedent that the SO were excluded from the Labor laws due to a "ministerial exemption".

b) In some cases, where a defendant has not acted with "clean hands", they are not allowed to claim that it is too late for the claim to be made against them (ie. that the statutory period of limitation has expired). So, don't assume that because you were employed more than, say, 6 years ago, that you have no claim.

Obviously, mounting a case that the Church should not be allowed to rely on the limitation period means producing evidence that the Church's behaviour toward YOU was such that they shouldn't be allowed to rely on the statute. You can't just make vague claims that their policies are bad, or some such thing.

tl;dr Speak to a lawyer who knows about these things.

Thanks, Cherished. I have given Slater & Gordon a ring and they'll be getting back to me sometime early next week. Amazing how good it feels just to tell someone this stuff.

Cherished

Thanks, Cherished. I have given Slater & Gordon a ring and they'll be getting back to me sometime early next week. Amazing how good it feels just to tell someone this stuff.
Excellent, Purple.

I don't know how open Slater and Gordon are to making claims that go outside the limitation period, or whether they would prefer to start with claims that are within it. But don't let that put you off.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Excellent, Purple.

I don't know how open Slater and Gordon are to making claims that go outside the limitation period, or whether they would prefer to start with claims that are within it. But don't let that put you off.

Well, if I can be useful to them in any way I'm happy to help. Otherwise I'll cheer them on from the sidelines. My income was less than $6,000 last year so really going to see another attorney isn't an option for me. I did tell them I was outside the limitations, so we'll see what they say.

Happy Days

Need to keep circulating the class action information so all of those individuals who worked for Class V, Sea Org or any of the ABLE groups here in Australia have the information available to contact Slater & Gordon and be part of the Class Action. There are newbies signing up regularly on this board and others.

The statutes of limitions are 6 years from the time your employment ended with CoS. However, please also contact S&G and register your interests even outside this statute as there may be a case to extend the years through an application. And I'm saying 'may' only :)

It's good to show a history of employment operations by the CoS and individuals contacting S&G and FWO are in a position to provide that history.

Happy Days

Contact Slater and Gordon 02 8267 0626

Happy Days

This also applies to individuals who were transferred from overseas orgs to Australian orgs to work you too may be part of the class action.

Of course statutes of limitations applies but call anyway and get legal advice to see if you are eligible.

Call Slater and Gordon 02 8267 0626.

Albion

Patron with Honors

Just up at Infinite Complacency is an analysis of the Fair Work Ombudsman's report. Thought I'd mention it here as it also feeds into the proposed class action lawsuit.

Best,

Jonny Jacobsen

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

Just up at Infinite Complacency is an analysis of the Fair Work Ombudsman's report. Thought I'd mention it here as it also feeds into the proposed class action lawsuit.

Best,

Jonny Jacobsen

Nice one!

It is worth noting it was Slater & Gordon who approached the Anderson and other former members after seeing last year’s Four Corners documentary – not the other way around.

Very interesting, didn't know that!

Happy Days

Bump for all the new folk out there .... :biggrin: