What's new

Media now that the HBO documentary has aired

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Mike Rinder on Kelly Files again #3
Note how the *Cherch* huffed and puffed but refused to come on the air Megyn says LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXfg4NLVbug

Mike Rinder knocks it out of the park again.

He comes across as extraordinarily affable and honest. Kelly really saw him as the good guy in all this awful messy business called Scientology.

How much more perfect can it be than the former INTERNATIONAL SPOKESPERSON for Scientology being on the most watched network in the world--being a REAL spokesperson about Scientology.

Truth & Clarity. Brilliant work there MR!

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Off the top of my head I can think of 6 or 7 Agencies that should be taking an acute interest in the illegal and fraudulent behavior of Scientology and its related entities.

i can only hope that the same stupid political correctness that has inhibited honest conversation and examination of the religious beliefs that inform violent Jihad will not be brought into play here.

A few years ago when Rep. Peter King held hearings in the House of Representatives on Radical Islam, liberal Democrats, including members of the Congressional Black Caucus acted very poorly by obfuscating the issues, and acting as apologists for Radical Islamists.

i wonder if Scientology's cozying up to the Nation of Islam has been part of a wider political strategy involving the CBC. I suspect it has.

it is very important that Liberals and Conservatives alike, understand the toxicity of Scientology.

bromo

Patron with Honors
Although I tend to be one of those PC talking folks, except at the times of no fucks being given and so the curse words fly ;) , and quite liberal to boot, I am in complete agreement that this has to be a bipartisan endeavor to make any headway at all, just as all matters have to be in order to bring real success. I love my country, truly, but that doesn't mean that I cannot criticize what I believe is wrong, many family members fought (some died) for me to be able to do so. If government officials do not come together for the good of the people, over what is good for them personally, then we have a giant fail. The screws need tightening on scientology from both sides of the aisle. That is why everyone needs to contact their congressperson and senators in DC and let them know just how they feel about it. If there is enough squeaking, eventually the wheel will get some grease. (Before first cup of coffee consumed post, so please don't judge harshly LOL.)

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Off the top of my head I can think of 6 or 7 Agencies that should be taking an acute interest in the illegal and fraudulent behavior of Scientology and its related entities.

i can only hope that the same stupid political correctness that has inhibited honest conversation and examination of the religious beliefs that inform violent Jihad will not be brought into play here.

A few years ago when Rep. Peter King held hearings in the House of Representatives on Radical Islam, liberal Democrats, including members of the Congressional Black Caucus acted very poorly by obfuscating the issues, and acting as apologists for Radical Islamists.

i wonder if Scientology's cozying up to the Nation of Islam has been part of a wider political strategy involving the CBC. I suspect it has.

it is very important that Liberals and Conservatives alike, understand the toxicity of Scientology.

Although I tend to be one of those PC talking folks, except at the times of no fucks being given and so the curse words fly ;) , and quite liberal to boot, I am in complete agreement that this has to be a bipartisan endeavor to make any headway at all, just as all matters have to be in order to bring real success. I love my country, truly, but that doesn't mean that I cannot criticize what I believe is wrong, many family members fought (some died) for me to be able to do so. If government officials do not come together for the good of the people, over what is good for them personally, then we have a giant fail. The screws need tightening on scientology from both sides of the aisle. That is why everyone needs to contact their congressperson and senators in DC and let them know just how they feel about it. If there is enough squeaking, eventually the wheel will get some grease. (Before first cup of coffee consumed post, so please don't judge harshly LOL.)

^^^ What they said.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
So the actor, Frank Grillo just tweeted about #GoingClear to his 27.8k followers.

@FrankGrillo tweeted:

#GoingClear on @HBO is BRILLIANT. Exposing Scientology for what it really is. #KooKoo

Frank Grillo acted in the Tom Cruise (2002) film, Minority Report, and in 2010, he co-starred with Marisol Nichols in a TV series called The Gates.

Was he a scientologist, folks? :confused2:
Or has just worked with 2 scio-celebs? :confused2:

Frank Grillo's Wiki page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Grillo

JB

bromo

Patron with Honors
JB, I just want to thank you for all the work and effort you are putting into this thread to make it easier on the rest of us to be able to tweet quickly and at the correct twitter addy. I have not had a lot of time to tweet this week, but plan to make up for it tomorrow, or tonight, if the strawberryritas kick in before I pass out. ;) Shout out to Miss Wog too.

Twitter is so easy once you get the hang of it, for those of you who are intimidated to begin. And the reach of those 140 characters can be far and worth their weight in gold if the right person sees it. All of you jump on board the twitter train. Hell, if this old woman can do it, anyone can. :)

eta: oops, I meant this for JB's comprehensive twitter thread, but it works here too!

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Saturday Night Live (SNL) did a video for "Neurotology" based on the We Stand Tall video snippet featured in Going Clear.

If u go to the ESMB chatbox, I've posted a link to Mediaite which has the SNL clip.

That SNL clip will likely get yanked from Mediaite very soon, but will be available on Hulu & more sites tomorrow.

Really funny. :yes:

JB

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ouch. That is a horrible thought.

They are both an African American group and a religious group. Damn.

I had a similar thought about the choice of Trementina base and mile high, both chosen in the Miscavige era; the amount of oxygen at those altitudes would make escape from either much more difficult.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
Saturday Night Live (SNL) did a video for "Neurotology" based on the We Stand Tall video snippet featured in Going Clear.

If u go to the ESMB chatbox, I've posted a link to Mediaite which has the SNL clip.

That SNL clip will likely get yanked from Mediaite very soon, but will be available on Hulu & more sites tomorrow.

Really funny. :yes:

JB

HFS*, that's funny. :hysterical:

* Holy Fucking Shit

Jump

Operating teatime

I had a similar thought about the choice of Trementina base and mile high, both chosen in the Miscavige era; the amount of oxygen at those altitudes would make escape from either much more difficult.

Living at that altitude with lower pressures causes a change in the blood. The body responds with a natural increase in erythropoietin and the resulting increased red blood cell concentration allows for normalised body-oxygen. But the acclimatisation can take 2-3 months. (Or, just inject the banned analog EPO.)

When the olympics were on in Mexico City in 1968, most athletes trained there for 6 months in the leadup to the games.

However in the case of the prisoner slaves, they would have a long walk out of there even if they did make it off the mesa. I'm sure the few Trementina folk would be well briefed and rewarded for save return of any escapees.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
[video=youtube;P-tLhXBNsFc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-tLhXBNsFc[/video]

Published on Apr 3, 2015

Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief directed by Alex Gibney and featuring Paul Haggis and Jason Beghe is reviewed by Ben Mankiewicz (host of Turner Classic Movies), Matt Atchity (Editor-in-chief Rottentomatoes.com), Alonso Duralde (TheWrap and Linoleum Knife podcast) and Christy Lemire (www.ChristyLemire.com).

See what other critics are saying: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/going_clear_scientology_and_the_prison_of_belief_2 015/

Directed by Oscar winner Alex Gibney and based on the book by Pulitzer Prize winner Lawrence Wright, Going Clear profiles eight former members of the Church of Scientology-whose most prominent adherents include A-list Hollywood celebrities-shining a light on how the church cultivates true believers, detailing their experiences and what they are willing to do in the name of religion. One of the most talked about films at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival, this powerful documentary highlights the Church's origins, from its roots in the mind of founder L. Ron Hubbard to its rise in popularity in Hollywood and beyond. Going Clear is a provocative tale of ego, exploitation, and lust for power. (C) HBO

http://twitter.com/BenMank77
http://twitter.com/ChristyLemire
http://twitter.com/Matchity
http://twitter.com/ADuralde

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ouch. That is a horrible thought.

They are both an African American group and a religious group. Damn.

It is my suspicion, oneone.
No hard data to support it.
Please slap me hard if I ever veer off into the darkness of conspiracy theories.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to reiterate my earlier remark that no religious groups have come forward to defend Scientology from the devastating charges of abuse, fraud, and criminal behavior that are amply documented in Going Clear.

No Jewish groups, no Christian denominations...No one; not even screwy Louie!

They have completely alienated themselves from every community of faith.

Scientology is alone...with the klieg lights of the media, bright and unwavering, for all the world to see.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Living at that altitude with lower pressures causes a change in the blood. The body responds with a natural increase in erythropoietin and the resulting increased red blood cell concentration allows for normalised body-oxygen. But the acclimatisation can take 2-3 months. (Or, just inject the banned analog EPO.)

When the olympics were on in Mexico City in 1968, most athletes trained there for 6 months in the leadup to the games.

However in the case of the prisoner slaves, they would have a long walk out of there even if they did make it off the mesa. I'm sure the few Trementina folk would be well briefed and rewarded for save return of any escapees.
I believe that the acclimatisation is not perfect and it favours short bursts of exercise and not prolonged exercise. So escape would still be a problem after a few months.

I was at a high altitude a few days ago. One of the women I met said that the pace of the town was slower and that she always felt tired.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is my suspicion, oneone.
No hard data to support it.
Please slap me hard if I ever veer off into the darkness of conspiracy theories.
I may subcontract that out to a sturdy mistress, but it will get done.

As to my suggestion, it's as likely that he wanted high altitude sites to compensate for his low altitude body.

Whatever his intention, the problem remains.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Richard Behar formerly of TIME Magazine (now Forbes) who wrote "The Cult of Greed and Power" is interviewed by CNN re "Going Clear"

He calls Miscavige a coward and tells what they did to him 25 years ago and how they are replicating same old .....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/04/01/targeted-by-scientology-a-reporters-story.cnn
CNN and former Time magazine?

This signals a major shift in the way the US establishment deals with Scientology.

Wow. That tax exemption may disappear after all.

Jump

Operating teatime
Richard Behar formerly of TIME Magazine (now Forbes) who wrote "The Cult of Greed and Power" is interviewed by CNN re "Going Clear"

He calls Miscavige a coward and tells what they did to him 25 years ago and how they are replicating same old .....

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/04/01/targeted-by-scientology-a-reporters-story.cnn

He says about the $25,000,000.00 spent on surveilling him during his court case "That's real money."

What he leaves unsaid is "That's real tax-free money subsidised by you and me in the community."

Tick tock.