ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Megan McKinley and Alexis Young Scientology disconnected from their father Skip Young

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by CommunicatorIC, Mar 20, 2016.

1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Megan McKinley and Alexis Young have Scientology disconnected from their father Skip Young.

The story by Tony Ortega obviously involves much more than Scientology disconnection, and should be read in full. A part concerning the subject of this post, disconnection, is excerpted below.

Tony Ortega: A Scientology spy comes forward: Now he’s ready for ‘war’ with David Miscavige

http://tonyortega.org/2016/03/19/a-...d-now-hes-ready-for-war-with-david-miscavige/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

While he waited to hear the comm ev’s findings, he heard from Alexis in February. He had told his daughters that he planned to visit them later that month, but Alexis was angry.

“Dad, how dare you come to see me. We know what you did,” she said, Skip remembers.

“No, you don’t know,” he replied. And then she hit him with a barrage.

“I am a hard working Sea Org member. We’re working to clear the planet, and you’re hooking up with suppressive people,” she told him.

“It was all information that was coming from church sources,” he says, and he couldn’t convince her that he had his own version of events.

“That was the last time she spoke to me.”

Young had to wait eight months after his hearing before finally getting word of the comm ev’s findings and recommendations.

“They found me guilty of three crimes and three or four high crimes,” he says.

In order to get back in the good graces of the church, Young would have to submit to multiple interrogations (known as “sec checks”), and do a lengthy amends program. It would total about $14,000.

“If I did it, there would still be nothing to guarantee that they still wouldn’t declare me suppressive,” he says, which is Scientology’s version of excommunication.

After the findings came out in August 2014, Megan, his other daughter, also cut off all contact with him, notifying him in an email that she wanted nothing more to do with him.

Six months ago, in October, Young notified the Master at Arms at AOLA that he refused to come up with $14,000 to clear his name.

He also, that month, made a surprise visit to Florida to see Megan.

“I tried to make my case, explaining how wrong this was. How the evidence in the comm ev was improper and the conclusions were based on false assumptions.” But she refused to talk with him.

“If you come to my door again, I’ll call the police,” she told him.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

He is frustrated that he can’t convince his two girls to see how he’s been mistreated by the organization. But he’s sure that they are too afraid to go against the orders they’ve been given.

“They’re only doing this from fear,” he insists. “Their hearts are not in this disconnecting from me.”

And after 40 years with Scientology, he’s come to a remarkable conclusion.

“They’ve brainwashed my daughters.”

[​IMG]

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Re: Megan McKinley and Alexis Young Scientology disconnected from their father Skip Y

Another tale of psychological torture and terror that ends with the horrific punchline: "Pay us $14,000 right now for re-indoctrination--and maybe later at some point in the future, we'll allow your daughters to talk to you instead of them calling the police on you."

And here's the other preposterous punchline:

The daughters work as billion year slaves to arguably two of the 20th century's most evil religious leaders, liars, financial frauds and violent sociopaths--HUBBARD & MISCAVIGE. Yet, the daughters are worried about the father "hooking up with suppressive people" by reading some true information on the internet, written by honest individuals who don't lie.

Can Scientology and KSW Scientologists get any more insane?

3. Boson Wog Stark

Boson Wog Stark Patron Meritorious

Re: Megan McKinley and Alexis Young Scientology disconnected from their father Skip Y

“I am a hard working Sea Org member. We’re working to clear the planet, and you’re hooking up with suppressive people,” she told him.

He might tell them something like this:

Is it suppressive if I tell you I love you because you're my daughter, and I would still love you if you weren't a hard working Sea Org member? I'm not just hooking up with suppressive people; the Church considers me a "suppressive person!" Just because I'm thinking for myself, trying to make sense of my life. I told other people my story so it will help others not make the same mistakes, and I'm fed up to here, and I don't know what else to do. Disconnection is not right.

Why can't the fact that I spent decades serving Scientology and have two daughters who are so dedicated to it count for something? Instead they just want to make me jump through hoops, pay more money -- money which I don't even have now. Do you consider everyone who is not constantly buying into Scientology to be suppressive? That would be over 7 billion people.

And now that you brought up the subject of planetary clearing, how clear, really, is Clearwater? Is it clear yet, almost clear, getting more clear, won't be clear for another billion years? Which is it? If Scientology can't really work in Clearwater to attract locals, how can it possibly clear the planet?

Did you know that LRH's big birthday celebration in Los Angeles is being held in ever smaller venues, because Scientology is dwindling that rapidly there and they just can't fill the seats like they used to? Have you walked into any of these orgs in places like Chicago, Toronto or Denver? They are empty! Scientology is increasing by square footage, but it is just becoming less and less popular. I remember it back in the day when it was...

-------------
    While he's saying something like that she might turn him off completely but later might think about some of those things, especially if it's one of their last conversations. Instead of telling what she should do, or what he'd like her to do, he's just asking questions for her to think about it. It would be better than saying nothing or acting helpless, letting Scientology manipulate her anyway they want.

Skip's daughter is thinking only in terms of how it reflects on herself, and her thinking, without considering her father has even longer experience in it, and the right to choose what is true for himself. If she's afraid he will lose his eternity, he should assure her that his eternity is in tact and he thinks that is bullshit.

On the other hand, if he was dictatorial about her upbringing in Scientology, or a very strict father, as some cops or former cops tend to be, then he's going to have a lot harder time.

In a way, I think Skip coming out this way, becoming a real SP, has potential. His daughters will have to consider that he's never getting back in with the Church, because of the level of stuff he divulged, and how angry he is at Miscavige, their leader. So they won't have that one-note response of trying to get him to do steps A through E or any of that. Instead, they'll have to deal with the fact their cult considers him an SP, and maybe if he was a good father most of the time, they won't be able to think of him as an SP.

In the end, Zoe and Astra Woodcraft both chose their more thoughtful parent, who was having many doubts about Scientology, and not their gung-ho Sea Org mom. He was so afraid of disconnection, it was a long time before he was even able to express those doubts to Astra, which helped her wake up quite quickly.

So with Skip, since he's going to be disconnected anyway, if he has another chance to talk to his daughters, he may as well tell his daughters about his doubts. He may not have another chance to his talk to either of them. Tony's article may make Scientology forbid contact, and they'll go along with it.

Again, if they really love him and have good memories growing up, they might not go along with that.

4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

[SUB]..
    [/SUB]

What you are saying is sensible, lovely and loving. Even if he said all that, I think the two daughters' reply may be rather. . . disappointing.

In all liklihood, his two KSW daughters would listen to everything he said with standard TR-0 and then reply in eerily perfect unison--

[​IMG]

Thank you, we got that!
    We'll repeat the standard handling.
    We're working to clear the planet and
    you're hooking up with suppressive people.
    We need you to give $14,000 to the church
    right now or we are going to call the police on you.

5. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

dEAR gIRLS,
    yOU WILL FOREVER AND ALWAYS BE CONNECTED TO YOUR fATHER. yOU CARRY HIS BLOOD, HIS gENES, HIS dna, HIS cHROMASOMES, ALL THAT SHIT. Plus, you look just like him. Every time you look in a mirror, you see your Father's face.
    :angry:

6. SanDiegoMember

SanDiegoMember Howard Dickman

The staff of the San Diego GO, in the 70's, were Janet Lawrence (AG), Betty Lou Allen, Dee Mallen and part time (I believe) Lindy Allen. If Skip worked with Janet he was way over his head. He may have just worked with Betty Lou (she was a wonderful lady) as Janet always kept herself cloistered away in her inner office.

Adams Avenue was a very busy place in it's day, heck the staff even owned vehicles!

I am glad that Skip has come forward with this story, best of luck to him.

Howard Dickman
    San Diego Org staff 1972 - 1977

7. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep. We had cars. Some of us had nice cars! And for a time, we were paid well. We also had fun (for a time) ! After Friday night graduations we danced, partied, played softball on weekends, had interesting speakers come talk to us … :clap:

Then things got serious.

Then really f'ing serious. :nervous:

Then gone. :duh:

8. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

I wonder was that because of Scio or despite Scio in your opinion ?

Mine is obvious :coolwink:

9. Ted

Ted Gold Meritorious Patron

Simple question. Complex reasons why. But here's one simple reason:

No one locally or internationally identified the actual reason(s) Scientology was in a boom period. Mistakenly assigning the boom to the "power of source" was always a wrong WHO/WHY on the big picture. Hubbard crashed the stats as often as he did something to raise them. He was, after all, "SOURCE." :coolwink:

10. chipgallo

chipgallo Patron Meritorious

Scientology = ransomeware for the mind.

11. Elronius of Marcabia

Elronius of Marcabia Silver Meritorious Patron

Seemed to me what you described was just simple standard of living most would call normal
    living and as the connection was made scientology faired well by the connection.

Kind of like a double sink where water seeks to level, a boom for scientology I suppose
    that would last for awhile, I don't believe its complicated but more like obfuscated to
    serve the longevity of the con. "the long con":coolwink: who? Hubbard why?money dude was a pig:hysterical:
    with all his children of the corn feeding like little piggies at the trough:hysterical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KGizYSCa-c